Thread: haunted house in Tennessee requires a 40-page waiver, insurance, drug test

Don't drink sanitizer! raisedbywolves's Avatar

haunted house in Tennessee requires a 40-page waiver, insurance, drug test

https://fox17.com/news/local/this-ha...ance-drug-test

A haunted house that promises an extreme experience that can last up to 10 hours requires participants be medically cleared by a doctor and sign a 40-page waiver.

The McKamey Manor experiences in Summertown, Tennessee, and Huntsville, Alabama, also require visitors be at least 18, insured, and pass a background check and drug test.

FOX 17 News reported on a story last year when neighbors, county officials were upset after the extreme haunted house opens for business in their area. Last year, there was a report of a woman being kidnapped. Police arrived and found a woman shivering beaten and duct taped in a cellar.

But guess what; she signed up for it.

A local news station reports that owner Russ McKamey offers thousands of dollars to anyone who completes the tour, but says no one ever has. He records each tour on video -- for his own protection he says -- and then posts them online , showing them quitting in humiliation.

It's costs nearly nothing to enter: Just a bag of dog food. The website warns of physically demanding environments, but McKamey says the manor is a mental game.

The haunted house has a 40-page waiver.

On that waiver it says you agree to being shocked, submerged in water, slapped, tied up, shaved or even unwanted dental work.

Only one person is allowed on a tour. It can last for hours, although McKamey says it never does.

?In 16 years, not one person has been able to get through it without saying 'I'm done',? McKamey previously said to FOX 17 News.

He basically just tortures people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Why?

Because I don't like anal penetration sex between men, I don't.

Just because I don't like anal sex, doesn't make me any less gay or unable to be loved.

I can't be the only one out here, I'm just not. Don't worry about it. Mind your fucking business.

Don't drink sanitizer! raisedbywolves's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Music View Post
    He basically just tortures people.
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...se-it-n1073286

A haunted house that requires participants to get a doctor's note and sign a 40-page waiver before they enter is facing some pushback online with more than 31,000 people signing a petition calling for it to be shut down.

A Change.org petition calls on Tennessee and Alabama state officials to "shut down McKamey Manor," which it says is a "torture chamber under disguise."

"They do screenings to find the weakest, most easily manipulated people to do the 'haunt'. ... Mckamey Manor is a shame to all haunted houses, and needs to be shut down," the petition started by a person named Frankie Towery reads.

Towery claims participants have been waterboarded, "forced to eat things" and have had duct tape wrapped around their heads. The petition calls for both locations of the haunted house — in Summertown, Tennessee and Huntsville, Alabama — closed.

"It's literally just a kidnapping & torture house. Some people have had to seek professional psychiatric help and medical care for extensive injuries. I propose that all locations where this is happening be shut down immediately," he wrote.

As of Tuesday morning, more than 31,100 people had signed the petition. Towery's goal is to reach 35,000 signatures.

Russ McKamey, the owner of McKamey Manor, did not immediately return NBC News' request for comment.

He told NBC affiliate WFLA in Tampa that his attraction is a "crazy haunted house," not a torture chamber.

“I’m a very straight-laced conservative guy, but here I run this crazy haunted house that people think is this torture factory, fetish factory. All of these things that it’s not," he said.

McKamey said that over the years, people have insisted things happened to them inside the haunted house that never actually took place. He films each tour and shows the participant the footage if they need to see it.

Thread Information