https://krcgtv.com/news/local/husban...-disappearance

The husband of a missing Columbia woman spoke publicly for the first time Tuesday, as police said there still were no updates on her whereabouts.

Joe Elledge hasn't seen his wife Mungqi Ji Elledge in a week.

"I think she's just confused and maybe scared," Elledge said. "I don't know if she felt alone but I just really want her to come back and it does worry me."

Missing person posters could be found in the complex where she lives with her husband and infant daughter. It's also where she was last seen at.

Police stated Elledge was last seen at her home in the 2600 block of Eastwood Drive on Tuesday, Oct. 8, at approximately 11:30 p.m. Her husband told police when he woke up the following morning, she was gone. He reported her missing at approximately 5:45 p.m. that day.

Elledge's response to the delay in reporting Mungqi missing was his belief she might have had errands to run.

"I don't know where she could have gone," Elledge said. "I know she was supposed to meet somebody in the morning. I didn't know who else she was going to meet or what else she was going to do. It was really weird that she didn't take her phone or anything else like that."

Joe said the couple had recently been going through a tough time.

"We were kind of growing distant in the past few months," Elledge said. "I know she was talking to someone else on the side."

But Joe Elledge said his wife is a doting mother who loves her infant daughter Anna.

"She's been a great mom like the best mom ever," Elledge said. "Sometimes when I take care of Anna by myself it's hard, it's really kind of stressful and exhausting. Anna needs her mom."

Elledge believes Anna will see her mother again, saying he will also do what needs to do to mend their relationship.

"I think she'll come back I just don't know. I don't know where she's been I hope she's safe," Elledge said. "I can try and be a better husband. I don't know if I didn't talk enough to her and give her enough hugs or what but I'll give her 10 times as much as I did before."

Investigators were seen leaving Elledge's apartment Monday and looking at a couple of cars in the buildings' parking lot.

Her parents arrived in Columbia Monday night -- their reason being their daughter's disappearance.

Mengqi was described as a Chinese female with brown eyes and black shoulder-length hair that she typically wears in a bun. Police said she is approximately 5 feet 1 inch to 5 feet 3 inches tall and weighs approximately 105 pounds. She has both ears pierced but typically does not wear earrings.

Police are still asking anyone who sees or hears from her or anyone with any information regarding her disappearance to immediately dial 911 to contact the nearest law enforcement agency or call the Columbia Police Department at (573) 874-7652.
https://www.facebook.com/mengqi.ji.5