Thread: Taherah Ghassemi (54) went missing and was found murdered, her ex-husband and others have been arrested in a murder for hire plot

Taherah Ghassemi (54) went missing and was found murdered, her ex-husband and others have been arrested in a murder for hire plot

http://www.myarklamiss.com/story/d/s...rUWvraLOLwcuKA

It looks like there was a pretty nasty divorce before she went missing.

Authorities said the body of a missing woman was found Saturday and four people, including her ex-husband, were arrested Sunday in connection with her death.
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-27-2022 at 02:35 PM.

An arranged marriage in Iran ends in a brutal Baton Rouge murder

A marriage that began almost four decades ago in Iran ended bitterly, and tragically, as Taherah Ghassemi was found dead May 16 in a wooded area in St. Helena Parish. Her ex-husband, Hamid Ghassemi, is accused of arranging her murder.

Their relationship, based on divorce court records, appears to have been rooted in factors other than love. Hamid Ghassemi, 25-years-old at the time, married his then 15-year-old cousin, Taherah, in a 1976 union arranged by their parents in Bam, Iran. Their time together wasn't long -- though long enough to produce a son -- court documents show, as Hamid moved to the United States, without his wife, shortly after the marriage to pursue an education.

While in the U.S., Hamid married an American woman long enough, according to records, to gain American citizenship before the two divorced. All the while, his other wife, Taherah, and son, Hamed, remained in Iran.

There's evidence that years later Mr. Ghassemi did take steps to have his son brought to the United States. Yet, in later divorce proceedings, he denied having a son.

Some 29 years after the arranged marriage, and with help from her son, Taherah Ghassemi finally managed to come to the United States in 2005. A year later, she filed for divorce, seeking spousal support and community property from her husband, Hamid Ghassemi.

A bitter divorce battle raged in Baton Rouge courts for nearly a decade -- including evidence that Hamid Ghassemi has another wife, though the status of that marriage is unclear -- before a settlement was finally reached. The deal, finalized a few months ago, included a million-dollar settlement for Taherah Ghassemi as well as ownership of a house in Baton Rouge and property in Lafayette.

Not long after the legal battle ended Taherah Ghassemi went missing in April, her body discovered in St. Helena Parish about five weeks later. Hamid Ghassemi, according to arrest records, hired Daniel Richter, a former employee of his Import One car dealership in Baton Rouge to torch his wife's car, kill her and dispose of the body.

Ghassemi -- now 64 -- is sitting behind bars, facing a count of principal to first-degree murder. Tyler Lee Asphpaugh, 20, and Skyler Williams, 17, both of Denham Springs, as well as Richter, 33, of Walker, are being held without bond on a count of first-degree murder. Ghassemi's attorney, Harry Ezim Jr., is currently outside of the country, and was unavailable for comment.

According to the East Baton Rouge Sheriff's Office, Ashpaugh told detectives that he went with Williams and Richter to Ms. Ghassemi's house on North Laurel Creek Court, near Coursey Boulevard. In a statement he gave to investigators, Ashpaugh said he and the other men kidnapped her, placed her in the trunk of her vehicle and then later shot and buried her.

Ms. Ghassemi's body was found Saturday (May 16) buried in a wooded area in St. Helena Parish north of Pine Grove. Cell phone data obtained from the four men played a key role that led sheriff's office detectives to Ghassemi's body. EBRSO detectives searched Mr. Ghassemi's cell phone records and found that he got a phone call at 12:45 a.m. the night Ms. Ghassemi went missing.

The call was from Ashpaugh, whose cell records placed him at Ms. Ghassemi's residence the night she disappeared, the location where the torched car was discovered, and at the site where she was buried.

Ms. Ghassemi's cause of death was a gunshot wound to the head, according a preliminary autopsy report by East Baton Rouge Coroner Beau Clark. It is still unclear, however, as to who delivered the fatal shot to Ms. Ghassemi.

Officials with the sheriff's office declined to release a timeline of events in the alleged homicide, saying the investigation is still ongoing.

Ashpaugh told detectives that Mr. Ghassemi paid the men $10,000 for the crime, and that he also gave them a vehicle to use and a can of gas to burn Taherah Ghassemi's car. Officials said the $10,000 payout was split between Ashpaugh, Williams and Richter.

http://www.nola.com/crime/baton-roug...in_iran_e.html

What a complete & utter arsehole. I hope he has no other children & this kid he denied for so long & has now left parentless, takes him for EVERYTHING he has left.

& the "hired killers" ? $3333.33 each to take her life & throw your own & your client's lives away.

He got exactly what he paid for - morons.
    Last edited by blighted star; 05-21-2015 at 11:16 PM.

How on earth did they think they would get away with this, and with so many people involved? Jesus, and a 17-year-old. Unbelievable.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    Just as I suspected. A ring of elderly pedophiles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Love View Post
    Fucking piece of shit, fucking scum, internet ass holes. fucking ingrate no life having fat ass. you have no fucking clue at whats going on fuck tard shit for brains.

This happened where I live, I've been following the case since the report of the burned vehicle came out a day after she went missing. Absolutely senseless - that greedy, moronic ex-husband of hers is so repugnant, as are the dipshits he hired. Murdering an innocent lady for a paltry sum of money... Taherah wasn't even allowed to enjoy the long-awaited "freedom" from that nasty battle, or the money she received. She was a low-key lady - she worked at Wal-Mart and drove a 2005 or so car that she got from this douche ex-husband's car dealership. While I'm absolutely saddened by the outcome, even though I knew the outlook was grim, I'm glad they found her to give *some* closure to her son Hamed, whom she lived with. I'll keep an eye out for updates in the local news.

Quote Originally Posted by Joan Crawford View Post
    This happened where I live, I've been following the case since the report of the burned vehicle came out a day after she went missing. Absolutely senseless - that greedy, moronic ex-husband of hers is so repugnant, as are the dipshits he hired. Murdering an innocent lady for a paltry sum of money... Taherah wasn't even allowed to enjoy the long-awaited "freedom" from that nasty battle, or the money she received. She was a low-key lady - she worked at Wal-Mart and drove a 2005 or so car that she got from this douche ex-husband's car dealership. While I'm absolutely saddened by the outcome, even though I knew the outlook was grim, I'm glad they found her to give *some* closure to her son Hamed, whom she lived with. I'll keep an eye out for updates in the local news.
    How old is the son? I hope he has family & friends here to support him through this - & that mum's death doesn't mess up his residency/immigration status on top of everything he's already suffered. There are just so many shitty stories at the moment

Hopefully Hamid never learns to cope in his new circumstances & the rest of his life is one long nightmare.

Hamed is 37 years old. Father Hamid, as mentioned in one of the articles, has been in the U.S. since 1977, the year Hamed was born, after obtaining a student visa. It was understood to Taherah that he would either return to Iran after completing his studies, or to arrange for she and Hamed to join him. Instead, he "married" an American woman to cement his legal status here. It took him until 1995 to make the applications to allow Hamed to come to the U.S. He made zero effort to help Taherah enter the U.S. By 2002, Hamid had yet again "married" another American woman. In 2005, ten years after son Hamed arrived, he arranged for his mom to enter the U.S. By the next year, 2006, Taherah filed the suit for divorce.

I too hope Hamed is taken care of - his father's car dealerships make good money. One of them is about 2 minutes from my house, and sells some luxury cars like Porches and BMW's. I wonder what will happen to the business. His Facebook has both his profile picture and cover photo pictures of him with his mother, my heart goes out to him. His father deserves the worst sentence he can get for this sick orchestration.

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_ro...77111df9e.html

A confessed hit man set to testify in the domestic murder-for-hire case against a former Baton Rouge car dealer was found dead Friday in a state prison, authorities said.

According to spokesman Ken Pastorick, staff found Tyler Ashpaugh unresponsive in his cell and "immediately initiated life saving measures" before Prison EMS brought him to the prison infirmary, where he was eventually pronounced dead.

Ashpaugh pleaded guilty in 2018 to manslaughter in return for a future 40-year prison term in the killing of Taherah Ghassemi. Prosecutors have accused Ghassemi's husband, former Baton Rouge auto dealer Hamid Ghassemi, of hiring Ashpaugh and two other men to kill her.
    https://www.wafb.com/2022/12/05/tria...ainst-ex-wife/

Hamid Ghassemi’s trial is set to get underway on August 7 of 2023.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    He fucking had him killed! WTF.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Thread Information