Thread: Dulce Maria Alavez (5) abducted from a city park in Brigeton, NJ on 9/16/19

Dulce Maria Alavez (5) abducted from a city park in Brigeton, NJ on 9/16/19

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...id=recommended

Police in New Jersey said a 5-year-old girl who vanished from a playground Monday afternoon was led to a van.

Dulce Maria Alavez disappeared Monday afternoon from City Park in Bridgeton. Authorities said a man, possibly Hispanic, led Dulce from the park to a red van with a sliding side door and tinted windows. The man had Dulce get in the backseat before he drove away at around 4:20 p.m., according to a statewide Amber Alert late Tuesday night.

Police in Bridgeton, which is in the far southern part of the state, said the girl's mother told officers that she last saw her daughter playing on the park's swings with her 3-year-old brother. The mother said she was about 30 yards away from her children sitting in her car with an 8-year-old relative.

When the 3-year-old returned to the car without Dulce, the mother said she tried to find her but couldn't. The mother reported her daughter missing at around 4:50 p.m., according to police.

Bridgeton Chief of Police Michael Gaimari said in a press release on the department's Facebook page that Tuesday's Amber Alert was issued after "interviewing and re-interviewing people" at the park Monday afternoon.

Dulce was last seen wearing a yellow shirt with a koala bear on the front, black-and-white pants and white sandals. She is described as Hispanic, with black hair and is roughly 3 feet, 5 inches tall.

The man who police are searching for is described as having a thin build, light skin, no facial hair, and acne. He is said to be between 5 feet, 6 inches and 5 feet, 8 inches tall, and was wearing a black shirt, red pants, and orange sneakers, possibly Nikes.

More than 50 officers from various police departments, along with city fire department personnel, K-9 units, and the FBI Child Abduction Rapid Deployment unit are assisting in the search for Dulce, Bridgeton police said.
    Image: Minyvonne BurkeMinyvonne Burke

This is pretty scary. I go to the park every day with my son.

I see parents sitting in their cars “watching” their kids and I just don’t get that. I’m never anymore than a couple feet away from where my son is playing.

He does this thing where he wants me to go into a play tunnel, just so he can run the opposite direction. He thinks it’s hilarious. He’s so fast sometimes I’m afraid this will happen someday to him.

I really hope they find her alive and well.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

https://www.nj.com/cumberland/2019/0...ed-by-ice.html

As the search for missing 5-year-old Dulce Maria Alavez enters its fourth day, the child’s mother said she believes federal immigration authorities have detained her boyfriend.

The boyfriend is not the father of Dulce, who was reported missing during a family outing to Bridgeton City Park on Monday afternoon, triggering a statewide Amber Alert.

The child’s mother, Noema Alavez Perez, is 5-months pregnant and the father of that child was interviewed by investigators, Alavez Perez said Thursday. He is now in Immigration and Customs Enforcement custody in Newark, she said.

She doesn’t know details of why he was detained. He doesn’t speak English and she helped translate for him by phone, Alavez Perez said.

ICE officials did not immediately return requests to comment on whether he was in ICE detention.
    Police are reviewing surveillance camera footage showing vehicles that may be connected to the disappearance, they said Wednesday.

Dulce’s father remains in Mexico. Alavez Perez spoke to him by phone on Wednesday and he urged her to think back to anyone from her past who might be responsible for the disappearance. She said can’t think of anyone.

“He said we have to have faith in God that he’s going to bring her back home safe,” she said.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...lavez-n1057286

The reward for information about the disappearance of Dulce Alavez was increased to $35,000 as the search for the missing 5-year-old girl entered its sixth day.

The New Jersey State Police Benevolent Association said in a tweet late Friday that it was raising the award to $30,000 in hopes that "someone will come forward."

"We need everyone's help to find this girl," the agency's president, Patrick Colligan, said.

The FBI in Newark said in a tweet Thursday that it was offering up to $5,000 for information that leads to Dulce's whereabouts.

Dulce vanished from City Park in Bridgeton, a city in the southern part of the state, on Monday afternoon. Authorities are searching for a man, possibly Hispanic, who they say led her from the park to a red van with a sliding side door and tinted windows.
    Image: Dulce Alavez
    Dulce was last seen wearing a yellow shirt, black-and-white pants and white sandals.Bridgeton Police Department

The van drove away from the area around 4:20 p.m., according to a statewide Amber Alert.

During a press conference on Friday, Bridgeton Police Chief Michael Gaimari said authorities do not have any "strong suspects at this time." He said police have conducted more than 70 interviews.
    At least six other law enforcement agencies, including the FBI in Newark, are helping local authorities in the search for Dulce. In a tweet Friday, the FBI asked people to stop spreading false rumors about the case online after reports surfaced that an arrest had been made.

The Cumberland County Prosecutor's Office said in a Facebook post on Saturday that the circulation of false information "pulls our attention away from doing all that we can to locate Dulce."

I’ve been following this case elsewhere and apparently the police posted a picture of the “van” that they thought was used in the abduction, but i couldn’t find the pic. Apparently it was a SUV that didn’t have tinted windows or or sliding doors.

The scent dogs followed her scent for an hour, then lost it. I guess she was wandering around the park?

I don’t think the police are going to get any solid leads, people are too afraid of ICE, which I don’t blame them.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Ignore the SUV comment, apparently police aren’t looking for it anymore.

Unfortunately, I doubt Dulce is still alive.

https://nypost.com/2019/09/25/nj-tea...alavez-report/

A New Jersey teacher is under fire for posting a racist comment to Facebook about missing 5-year-old Dulce Maria Alavez, according to a report.

Jennifer Hewitt Bishop, who is in her second year of teaching in the Vineland Public School District, said Dulce’s family is to blame for the disappearance of the little girl, who has been missing since Sept. 16, NJ.com reported.

“They’re Mexican, it’s their culture,” the teacher’s comment said, according to the report. “They don’t supervise their children like we do.”

Multiple people reported Hewitt Bishop’s comment by messaging the Vineland district’s Facebook page, Joe Rossi, the district’s executive director of personnel, told NJ.com.

The person who monitors the page reported it to district administrators, according to Rossi.

“Everything is being evaluated,” Rossi told the outlet, adding that the school board will discuss the teacher during a private personnel meeting Wednesday night. “We’ll have an outcome shortly.”

He added that Hewitt Bishop was “not in the classroom,” but would not clarify whether she was suspended or on leave.

I hope this dumb teachers statements don’t distract people from the actual case.

I’ve been all over this case since day 1 (even read the threads on webslueths) and it seems like the police aren’t close to catching the guy. Plus there’s been a lot of confusion about the van vs SUV as the abduction vehicle. The SUV was ruled out.

It is a full time job to keep up with shit there.
    Last edited by Angiebla; 09-26-2019 at 02:53 PM.

Is anyone else following this case? Now there is no van, and all the info the police have was given to them by a child of “tender age”. They have nothing and she’s probably not alive. I just hope they find who took her.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Is anyone else following this case? Now there is no van, and all the info the police have was given to them by a child of “tender age”. They have nothing and she’s probably not alive. I just hope they find who took her.
    I'm following it. I have started to post about it several times, but I just don't know what to think at this point. If they ever had a chance of solving it, they don't now after ICE is all up in things.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    I'm following it. I have started to post about it several times, but I just don't know what to think at this point. If they ever had a chance of solving it, they don't now after ICE is all up in things.
    The fact that the moms statements, the “witness” statements and the 911 call don’t match up makes it a clusterfuck.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...r-old-n1066556

Authorities in New Jersey released a sketch of a man they believe is a possible witness in the disappearance of a 5-year-old girl who vanished from a park last month.

The Cumberland County Prosecutor's Office released the image Tuesday, almost a month after Dulce Alavez was reported missing from City Park in Bridgeton, a city in the southern part of the state.

A witness told authorities that the man, described as Hispanic, was at the park with two children under the age of 5 on the day Dulce vanished Sept. 16.
    Image: Dulce suspect sketch
    Composite sketch of an individual who has been reported to have been seen in the park around the time Dulce went missing.Cumberland County Prosecutors Office

He is said to be between the ages of 30 and 35 and is approximately 5 feet, 7 inches, with a slender build. The individual was wearing a white T-shirt, blue jeans and a baseball hat.

"Investigators wish to speak with him as it is believed that he may have information that is helpful in determining the circumstances that led to Dulce’s disappearance," the prosecutor's office said in a news release.

Prosecutor Jennifer Webb McRae said the man is not a suspect or a person of interest and is "a possible witness" authorities want to speak to.

Last month, investigators said in a statewide Amber Alert that they were searching for a man they believe is Hispanic who was seen leading Dulce from the park to a red van with a sliding door and tinted windows.

McRae said Tuesday that the man seen in the composite sketch is not the same man described in the Amber Alert.

If this “witness” hasn’t come foreword yet, I doubt he will.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    If this “witness” hasn’t come foreword yet, I doubt he will.
    Yeah, I think they are just clutching at straws, sadly.

I just thought of something...maybe the suspect had another kid with him so it didn’t seem weird if he left with dulce and she would trust him more.

https://www.nj.com/cumberland/2019/1...ce-alavez.html

Dr. Phil to feature story of missing N.J. 5-year-old Dulce Alavez

The case of a 5-year-old Bridgeton girl who disappeared from a local park in September is receiving fresh attention thanks to the Dr. Phil TV show.

The mother of Dulce Maria Alavez was interviewed for the program and will appear on the Nov. 21 episode, family spokeswoman Jackie Rodriguez confirmed.

Family, friends and supporters gathered Saturday evening to hold a candlelight vigil for Dulce.

Saturday marked two months since the child was reported missing from a playground at Bridgeton City Park.

Thread Information