Thread: Upstate New York woman (Arlene Renna, 67) mauled to death by her own dogs

Upstate New York woman (Arlene Renna, 67) mauled to death by her own dogs

https://nypost.com/2019/09/09/upstat...-her-own-dogs/

A woman in upstate New York died after being mauled by one or both of her pet coonhounds at her home, police said Monday.

Arlene Renna, 67, was found unconscious on her living room floor by her husband around 4 p.m. Saturday, when he got back to their house in Pleasant Valley, state police said.

Renna succumbed to her injuries at the scene. Police said the wounds were consistent with a dog attack.

Both of the coonhounds were taken by the Dutchess County SPCA and a judge will decide what happens to them, cops said.

It?s unclear how long the couple owned the hunting dogs, who are generally ?sweet, mellow, sociable,? according to the American Kennel Club.

Details about what may have prompted the attack weren?t immediately available, but police said they found no evidence of foul play.

In a devastating Facebook post, Renna?s ex-husband John Taylor announced that his high school sweetheart had died ?accidentally at home? on their daughter Jillian?s 31st birthday.

?It is nothing short of a nightmare,? Taylor wrote. ?Arlene was the kindest, most gentle, giving and wonderful woman, there was no better mother, no better grandmother.?

Renna had a long career in public service that included working as a nurse and with the nonprofit parenting education service The Center for Parents and Children, before becoming a social worker.

She and Taylor were married for 21 years and had three children before splitting and both remarrying, he said.

?Everything she did she did for others,? wrote Taylor. ?People like Arlene can never be replaced, they can only live in our hearts forever, and we should all learn by their example to be better people, to try to be more like them.?

Wow I’m genuinely surprised by this one. Coonhounds aren’t usually aggressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Wow I?m genuinely surprised by this one. Coonhounds aren?t usually aggressive.
    That was my thought too.

This really seems off. Like maybe someone killed her and smeared peanut butter on her to get the dogs going. But that's just me.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Thread Information