Thread: Country Singer Kylie Rae Harris Dies At 30 In Car Accident

Country Singer Kylie Rae Harris Dies At 30 In Car Accident

https://www.facebook.com/KylieRaeHarris/

https://www.kylieraeharris.com/

https://5newsonline.com/2019/09/05/c...-car-accident/

(CNN) ? Kylie Rae Harris, a rising country singer from Texas, died in a car accident on Wednesday in New Mexico, Alex Torrez, the CEO of her management company, Torrez Music Group, tells CNN. She was 30.

?We are heartbroken to confirm that Kylie Rae Harris passed away in a car accident last night,? a statement provided to CNN from Torrez read. ?We have no further details to share, and ask for privacy for her family at this time.?

Harris, who released a self-titled EP in March, had been in New Mexico to perform at Michael Hearne?s Big Barn Dance Music Festival, according to the concert listings on her official website. Her next performance was supposed to take place on Saturday in Turkey, Texas.

?Everyone that knew Kylie knew how much she loved her family and, beyond that, how much she loved music,? the statement added. ?The best tribute to her unmatched enthusiasm for both is to spread as much love as you can today, and listen to music that fully inspires you.?

Harris? friends and peers in the Texas country music scene and beyond honored her on Thursday upon news of her passing.

?@kylierh we all loved you so much. Can?t process it right now. It will always be an honor to have shared stages with you, and stories, and good times. Sad Sad day for us,? wrote singer Josh Ward. ?Sending thoughts and prayers out to all who grieve with us on such a devastating loss.?

?I fell in love with your soul and you became a life long friend from the moment I met you,? singer Lauren Jenkins added. ?This doesn?t feel real. I?m completely heart broken.?

Harris had a daughter, Corbie, for whom she wrote a song featured on her EP called ?Twenty Years from Now.?

Harris told Billboard that she wrote the song after her father?s death and hoped it would be a lasting message to her own child.

?It scared me thinking that it was totally possible I could be gone before my daughter reaches that point,? she told the publication. ?I want to meet my kid?s kids. Getting to the age your parents were when you were a child brings a whole lot of perspective.?

She added: ?Parents are people. People make mistakes and being a parent is hard. I?m not always going to make the right choices, but I hope that when Corbie gets older she?ll see that they were all made with love and the best of intentions.?

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    She caused the crash. Speed was a factor and they suspect alcohol was involved too. Sure had a previous DUI from just a couple of years ago.

Not only did she kill that poor girl, but her Father was one of the first people on the scene as he's a firefighter

Kylie Rae Harris, a 30-year-old rising Texas country singer,*caused the fatal, three-car crash that killed her as well as*16-year-old*girl in northern New Mexico*this week, the Taos County Sheriff Office is reporting.

Harris, a 30-year-old Wylie, Texas, native,*was scheduled to perform Thursday at a music festival in Taos, New Mexico. Harris and 16-year-old*Maria Elena Cruz died*in the Wednesday night wreck on State Road 522.

"At this time I will say with most certainty that Miss Cruz was an innocent victim of this senseless crash caused by Ms. Harris," Sheriff Jerry Hogrefe said.

Hogrefe*told the Taos News*that investigators believe Harris caused Wednesday's crash and that speed appeared to be a contributing factor when she clipped the back of another vehicle, sending her into oncoming traffic. She then crashed head-on into an SUV driven by the teenage Cruz.

The sheriff said Pedro Cruz, a Taos County Firefighter/EMT, responded to the scene and found his daughter dead at the scene.

A third driver escaped injury, according to information from the sheriff's office.

Authorities *said alcohol is also suspected.

"The toxicology report from (the) investigation will confirm or deny alcohol or other substances in both drivers," Hogrefe said.

The Taos News reported that Harris had a prior DWI conviction in Collin County, Texas, in 2017 and had been ordered to install an ignition interlock device on her vehicle, according to court records.

A student of Radney Foster, Jerry Jeff Walker and Patty Griffin, Harris, a single mother, wrote her first song at age 14. She released a pair of albums this decade before debuting her self-titled EP in March. A, reflective six-song effort, it chronicled Harris'*troubadour*life as she moved from Texas to Nashville and back again.
    The record featuring co-writing from Nashville songwriters Jon Randall, Wayne Kirkpatrick and Dave Berg.

Students and faculty at Taos High were in shock after learning that Cruz was killed in the crash. The sophomore was remembered as beautiful, kind, hardworking, intelligent and inspirational.

Taos County Fire Manager Mike Cordova said in an email to the Associated Press that the Cruz family was reeling from her death.*

Loved ones of the 16-year-old who died have*created a GoFundMe page to raise money to help her family with any needs.*

https://amp-usatoday-com.cdn.ampproj...rom%20%251%24s

GFM for Cruz:

https://www.gofundme.com/f/sj2ua-marias-family
    Last edited by Boston Babe 73; 09-07-2019 at 07:47 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by up2trouble View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/KylieRaeHarris/

https://www.kylieraeharris.com/

https://5newsonline.com/2019/09/05/c...-car-accident/

(CNN) ? Kylie Rae Harris, a rising country singer from Texas, died in a car accident on Wednesday in New Mexico, Alex Torrez, the CEO of her management company, Torrez Music Group, tells CNN. She was 30.

?We are heartbroken to confirm that Kylie Rae Harris passed away in a car accident last night,? a statement provided to CNN from Torrez read. ?We have no further details to share, and ask for privacy for her family at this time.?

Harris, who released a self-titled EP in March, had been in New Mexico to perform at Michael Hearne?s Big Barn Dance Music Festival, according to the concert listings on her official website. Her next performance was supposed to take place on Saturday in Turkey, Texas.

?Everyone that knew Kylie knew how much she loved her family and, beyond that, how much she loved music,? the statement added. ?The best tribute to her unmatched enthusiasm for both is to spread as much love as you can today, and listen to music that fully inspires you.?

Harris? friends and peers in the Texas country music scene and beyond honored her on Thursday upon news of her passing.

?@kylierh we all loved you so much. Can?t process it right now. It will always be an honor to have shared stages with you, and stories, and good times. Sad Sad day for us,? wrote singer Josh Ward. ?Sending thoughts and prayers out to all who grieve with us on such a devastating loss.?

?I fell in love with your soul and you became a life long friend from the moment I met you,? singer Lauren Jenkins added. ?This doesn?t feel real. I?m completely heart broken.?

Harris had a daughter, Corbie, for whom she wrote a song featured on her EP called ?Twenty Years from Now.?

Harris told Billboard that she wrote the song after her father?s death and hoped it would be a lasting message to her own child.

?It scared me thinking that it was totally possible I could be gone before my daughter reaches that point,? she told the publication. ?I want to meet my kid?s kids. Getting to the age your parents were when you were a child brings a whole lot of perspective.?

She added: ?Parents are people. People make mistakes and being a parent is hard. I?m not always going to make the right choices, but I hope that when Corbie gets older she?ll see that they were all made with love and the best of intentions.?

First two links are broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumaki15 View Post
    First two links are broken.
    They weren't when I posted them. Family might have taken down because there is speculation that she may have been drinking.

Her family has had to take down her Instagram and Twitter and just about everything on her Facebook page because people were ripping her to shreds for being a murderer. I'm really torn on this one, because it's shitty to attack someone on their social media profiles after they're dead and can't defend themselves (except for maybe Miss Cruz's family, who have not done so) but at the same time, I can't stand how her friends and family continue to downplay what she did by saying "yes she made mistakes but..."/"yes she had issues but..."/"even parents make mistakes"/"we all make mistakes sometimes"--It's like, SHE KILLED A CHILD!

Toxicology will likely take up to a year since there's no criminal charges against a dead person but investigators confirmed that she was driving 102 mph when she crashed. Her mother downplayed this by saying she was emotional/tired and had missed a turn on her way to the performance venue....I don't feel like those are good excuses for killing someone.

102 mph? HF!

Its been confirmed: She was plastered at the time of the accident. My apologies as Im posting this from my phone.

https://www.taosnews.com/stories/tao...Zr3pw.facebook

I have no sympathy for people who die as a result of their own stupidity. I only have sympathy for the victim and their family. R.I.P. Maria Cruz!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    I have no sympathy for people who die as a result of their own stupidity. I only have sympathy for the victim and their family. R.I.P. Maria Cruz!
    I feel the same way. Ms. Harris broke her skull, neck, sternum, and pelvis in the accident but was at least drunk enough to quell the fear and take the edge off of the pain--Miss Cruz was not the least bit impaired and was forced to feel everything.

I was torn when I saw the Gofundme open up for her Ms Harris' daughters "college fund." Im not saying f her daughter I just think that money should be awarded to Miss Cruz's family, as Corbie has a father who can save for her college little by little like the rest of us.

Thread Information