Thread: Nalani Johnson (3) missing from Penn Hills, PA since 8/31/19

Nalani Johnson (3) missing from Penn Hills, PA since 8/31/19

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/02/us/dr...ler/index.html

A woman is in custody and a toddler is missing from Penn Hills, Pennsylvania, after the child's father said a rideshare driver abducted his daughter on Saturday evening, according to police documents and a news release.

Paul Johnson said he was riding in a car with Lyft and Uber stickers with his daughter and a friend, according to a criminal complaint filed by the Allegheny County police.

Johnson said that when he got out of the car and went to get his daughter out of the car seat, the driver drove away with the toddler, the complaint said. The complaint didn't identify the child, but a police news release said she is named Nalani.

Johnson told detectives he tried calling the driver's cellphone multiple times but she never picked up, so he called 911 around 5 p.m. ET.

Police arrested driver Sharena Nancy, 25, in the vehicle during a traffic stop around 7:30 p.m. ET, but did not find the child inside, the complaint said.

According to the complaint, Nancy told detectives that Johnson sold the child to an individual for $10,000 and asked her to complete the dropoff.

Nancy said he showed her a photo of a black woman she was supposed to meet and asked her to drive the toddler "20 minutes" from a gas station in Monroeville along US Route 22 to meet the woman, the complaint says.

Nancy said she was told the woman would then "flag" her down and Nancy was to turn over the toddler, the complaint says.

Nancy told detectives she encountered a silver SUV with out-of-state plates parked on the side of the road and did as she had been instructed -- passing the toddler and the carseat over to a woman standing next to the car and then driving off. Nancy told police she also saw a second woman inside the SUV.

Nancy said she then drove around, smoked cigarettes and talked on the phone with her husband, the complaint said.

Nancy, who is being held without bail at the Allegheny County jail, was arraigned on Monday after being charged with kidnapping of a minor, interference with custody of children and concealment of whereabouts of a child. Her preliminary hearing is scheduled for September 16.

CNN was unable to identify or reach an attorney for Nancy.

Nalani's grandmother, Taji Walsh, told CNN affiliate KDKA that Nancy's account of the events is not true. Her son, whom she calls "PJ," is Nalani's father.

"If the police felt that PJ was in any way involved, he wouldn't be walking freely, he'd be locked somewhere up like she is," she said.

The police press release said Nalani is 2 years old, but the website for The National Center for Missing & Exploited Children, missingkids.org, said she's 23 months old, with her second birthday on September 15. She's about 3 feet tall and weighs about 30 pounds, with black hair and brown eyes, according to missingkids.org.

Representatives of Uber did not immediately respond to CNN's request for comment.

Dana Davis, a communications manager for Lyft, told CNN that while this incident did not happen on the Lyft platform, they have banned Nancy from driving with Lyft, adding that the allegations were "deeply disturbing."

So Sharena says it was the dads plan to sell his kid?
    Last edited by Angiebla; 09-03-2019 at 12:32 PM.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

They just had a press conference. The audio was terrible, but, from what I gather, the dad was in a new romantic relationship with Sharena. They had been cruising around for hours with Nalani in the car. There was a friend of the dad's in the car, too. Sharena got into an argument with either the dad or the friend ... I'm sure sure which ... before she took off with Nalani.

Hopefully there will be a detailed article available soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Not your business View Post
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by TupeloHoney View Post
    They just had a press conference. The audio was terrible, but, from what I gather, the dad was in a new romantic relationship with Sharena. They had been cruising around for hours with Nalani in the car. There was a friend of the dad's in the car, too. Sharena got into an argument with either the dad or the friend ... I'm sure sure which ... before she took off with Nalani.

Hopefully there will be a detailed article available soon.
    That's what I understood too. Shareena's husband was commenting on a news article. He claims he was on the phone with her at the time when police pulled her over.

Reporter is tweeting that FBI and state police put up crime scene tape at park. That can't be good.

https://twitter.com/rossguidotti/sta...893184512?s=21
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

Now the coroner is there. Ugh.

They found her body:
    https://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...ad-reports-say

Missing toddler Nalani Johnson was found dead in Blairsville, Penn., law enforcement officials told WPXI-TV on Tuesday.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Well fuck. I was really hoping this was just some kind of weird custody thing that would work out.

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    So Sharena says it was the dads plan to sell his kid?
    I read that she's a jitney driver. I also found a police report on the dad. I don't know how to upload it.

Quote Originally Posted by Queena View Post
    I read that she's a jitney driver. I also found a police report on the dad. I don't know how to upload it.
    Is it an image file?

Quote Originally Posted by Queena View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumaki15 View Post
    Is it an image file?

There are articles about it now: https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2019...-paul-johnson/

The mom filed a "protection from abuse" order but never showed up to court to finalize it. She then moved away (to Chicago, I think?) and left Nalani in the custody of the dad and paternal grandma it seems ... which is a bit of a head-scratcher if he is indeed the volatile, dangerous person she describes in the order.

Quote Originally Posted by TupeloHoney View Post
    There are articles about it now: https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2019...-paul-johnson/

The mom filed a "protection from abuse" order but never showed up to court to finalize it. She then moved away (to Chicago, I think?) and left Nalani in the custody of the dad and paternal grandma it seems ... which is a bit of a head-scratcher if he is indeed the volatile, dangerous person she describes in the order.
    That is odd. Maybe she thought he would never hurt the child, but she had to get away because he was hurting her? Or maybe she made the abuse up. Who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is odd. Maybe she thought he would never hurt the child, but she had to get away because he was hurting her? Or maybe she made the abuse up. Who knows.

She said in the court doc he "admitted to almost killing Nalani" ... so, I dunno.

I suppose it's neither here nor there since he wasn't involved in her death.

DA: Woman who abducted toddler was only person involved in her death, evidence shows

Allegheny County District Attorney Stephen Zappala said Thursday afternoon evidence reveals the woman who abducted Nalani was the only person involved in the toddler?s death.
    https://www.wpxi.com/news/top-storie...hows/982889560

This is a really fucking weird story.

https://www.wpxi.com/news/top-storie...eath/984864508

Many questions remain in the abduction and death of a Penn Hills toddler, but Allegheny County District Attorney Stephen Zappala said Tuesday that technology is helping investigators build their case against the suspect.

Zappala said technologies such as license plate readers and cellphone tracking helped authorities find the body of Nalani Johnson, who was still strapped in a car seat, in a park in Indiana County Sept. 3. The technology has also played a significant role as suspect Sharena Nancy is investigated.

Investigators said Nancy abducted Nalani Aug. 31 after getting into an argument with the toddler’s father, with whom she was in the beginnings of a romantic relationship. She was stopped two hours later, but Nalani and the car sear were not in the car.

License plate readers picked up Nancy’s car at two locations on Route 22, near Monroeville, according to Zappala. In addition, a surveillance camera captured her at a convenience store in Murrysville.

The FBI tracked Nancy’s cellphone to towers near Blairsville, where Nalani’s body was found, Zappala said.

While the medical examiner has not determined the cause of Nalani’s death, Zappala and Indiana County District Attorney Patrick Dougherty’s offices said it is expected to be ruled a homicide.

Zappala said last week the evidence reveals the woman who abducted Nalani was the only person involved in the toddler’s death. He also suggested Nalani died before she was left in a wooded area of the park.

No one has been charged with Nalani’s death, but Nancy is charged with kidnapping of a minor, custodial interference and concealment of the whereabouts of a child.

Thread Information