Thread: Co-workers charged with murder of missing Gloversville woman (Allyzibeth A. Lamont, 22)

Co-workers charged with murder of missing Gloversville woman (Allyzibeth A. Lamont, 22)

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009857866472

https://dailygazette.com/article/201...ohnstown-woman

Two men have been charged with murder in the death of a woman who worked for them at a Johnstown sandwich shop.

Allyzibeth A. Lamont, 22, was

Two men have been charged with murdering a missing Gloversville woman who worked for them in Johnstown, state police said Friday.

Allyzibeth A. Lamont, 22, was found dead Thursday in a swampy marshland in the Saratoga County town of Malta. ?We found her in a shallow grave,? Troop G Commander Capt. Robert Patnaude said.

Lamont was last seen alive Monday evening at about 8 p.m. on Townsend Avenue near North Comrie Avenue in Johnstown, near where she worked at the Local Substation No. 9 sandwich shop in the Adirondack Plaza.

State police said the autopsy of Lamont's body Friday afternoon showed multiple blunt force trauma to the head.

James Duffy, 34, of Johnstown, and Georgios N. Kakavelos, 51, of Ballston Spa, were arrested by state police Friday and each faces one count of second-degree murder and concealment of a human corpse.

Both suspects were arraigned in Malta Town Court and sent to Saratoga County Jail without bail.

Officials did not provide any additional details or a motive for the homicide at a press conference on Friday. State police said the killing remains under investigation.

Gloversville police were notified Monday after Lamont failed to return home from work. The victim worked with both Kakavelos and Duffy.

The men served as manager and co-owner, although the authorities did not specify which man held which position.

The Johnstown Police Department, along with the state police and the Gloversville Police Department tapped off a section of the Adirondack Plaza parking lot Thursday night and conducted what appeared to be a search of the rear of the building as well as the dumpster behind it.

State police said they were tipped off to the possibility Lamont's body could be in the marshlands near the Exit 13S ramp from Route 9 to Interstate 87. State police said the tip indicated she had been murdered.

The Saratoga County District Attorney?s Office will prosecute the case.

?It?s certainly not a happy ending by any means, but from a law enforcement perspective, it is successful,? Patnaude said during the news conference Friday. ?We were able to bring closure to the family of Ms. Lamont, who will now receive a proper burial, and we have the people responsible for her death in custody.?

A preliminary hearing for Duffy and Kakavelos is scheduled for Tuesday in Malta Town Court at 2 p.m.

Gary Locatelli, a resident of Johnstown, said he saw Lamont deliver a sandwich to a worker a at liquor store in the Adirondack Plaza while Locatelli was buying beer.

"She was so nice to that guy, she was cheerful, she was smiling, seemed like a nice person," he said.

"It was shocking," he said of Lamont's disappearance. "I was hoping she was at somebody's house or something, not murdered."

Carolyn Peck said she attended Gloversville High School and Middle School with Lamont. Peck said she graduated in 2015, but she's not sure when Lamont officially graduated.

"Nobody deserves that," Peck said of the murder. "I was never close with her, but one thing I did know about her was that she was tough," Peck said.

"She was not the type of person to mess with. She would stick up for herself."

Waiting for other shoe to drop ... why? Either she saw criminal activity or they tried to sexually assault her would be my guess.

Quote Originally Posted by up2trouble View Post
    Waiting for other shoe to drop ... why? Either she saw criminal activity or they tried to sexually assault her would be my guess.
    Agree, or has something to do with her pay....maybe she threatened to turn them in for short paying her or something?

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

I know the prosecution doesn't have to prove motive, but I'd still like to know what this one is. This is a small town, I imagine everyone there knows what happened and why.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Thread Information