Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Wonder what the appeal is....

Re: Wonder what the appeal is....

[quote author=kholdstare link=topic=1114.msg39705#msg39705 date=1156878992]
    I guess when your desperate you dont care about how you die. Jumping in front of a train if pretty desperate
    [/quote]

And almost always works. No emo attentionwhoring fake "attempts" for those kids...

[quote author=Jezebel link=topic=1114.msg40055#msg40055 date=1156897323]
    Seeing young people kill themselves makes me sick, interesting or not.

[/quote]

I agree with you totally on that one.
    Did you just throw a burrito at me?!

Eh, you're suicidal, you're suicidal. Some people think, "I've had enough pain, it doesnt matter if it hurts, after that there's nothing." I'm surprised more of the suicides aren't ODs. The train shit is just plain stupid in my opinion. I saw something on Ripley's Believe It Or Not about this guy who got hit by a train [not attempting suicide] & he fucking lived! He had to go through about 9 months of physical therapy, & they actually took one of his hands & attatched it to the other arm, so they could spare him one arm. So he had to learn to use his hand in a totally different direction after they attatched his nerves again. I'd like to see those kids deal with their shit after they've got a disfigured hand and have to use a device to tie their shoes.

[quote author=lumbrjck1209 link=topic=1114.msg39798#msg39798 date=1156883188]
    [quote author=Montage link=topic=1114.msg39773#msg39773 date=1156881977]
    [quote author=lumbrjck1209 link=topic=1114.msg39727#msg39727 date=1156879879]
    i wouldn't mind...who would want to die at 13? (obviously those who kill themselves, but they're also not giving life a chance..)
    [/quote]

some people at 13 have been through alot, they might night feel like giving life anymore of a chance if they have seen how cruel it can already be.....

i think in most cases the neck does break when ppl hang themselves...i read that somewhereÂ* :roll:
    [/quote]

i understand that and completely agree....but there are some people out there who've been through way worse and still find ways to make it through...
    [/quote]

Dude, there are always people worse off than you. I went through hell in my late childhood/early adolescence (I'm not going into specifics because it's in the past and I'm fine now, plus people I know might read this - but believe me when I say I'm not being melodramatic)... but at least I wan't some African orphan dying of AIDS with no food to eat, was I? It's nothing to do with circumstance, strength of character, whatever. Mental illnesses, at the end of the day, are just another genetic predisposition. So if someone you love is depressed, suicidal or otherwise mentally unwell, don't condemn them or judge them, treat them like you would if they had any other sort of illness - with love and support. If you're there for them and help them get the help they need, chances are they will get better in the end.

Believe me... no one wants to be depressed. No one at all would choose to feel that way.

[quote author=misanthrope link=topic=1114.msg40298#msg40298 date=1156934304]
    i wouldn't mind...who would want to die at 13? (obviously those who kill themselves, but they're also not giving life a chance..)
    [/quote]

some people at 13 have been through alot, they might night feel like giving life anymore of a chance if they have seen how cruel it can already be.....

i think in most cases the neck does break when ppl hang themselves...i read that somewhereÂ* :roll:
    [/quote]

i understand that and completely agree....but there are some people out there who've been through way worse and still find ways to make it through...
    [/quote]

Dude, there are always people worse off than you. I went through hell in my late childhood/early adolescence (I'm not going into specifics because it's in the past and I'm fine now, plus people I know might read this - but believe me when I say I'm not being melodramatic)... but at least I wan't some African orphan dying of AIDS with no food to eat, was I? It's nothing to do with circumstance, strength of character, whatever. Mental illnesses, at the end of the day, are just another genetic predisposition. So if someone you love is depressed, suicidal or otherwise mentally unwell, don't condemn them or judge them, treat them like you would if they had any other sort of illness - with love and support. If you're there for them and help them get the help they need, chances are they will get better in the end.

Believe me... no one wants to be depressed. No one at all would choose to feel that way.
    [/quote]

That's sort of the point I was trying to make...and trust me I wouldn't judge any of my friends or family or even strangers for being depressed/suicidal, just as I would hope they wouldn't judge me and they would be there to help me...
    This is me, sorry if you don't like it!

[quote author=misanthrope link=topic=1114.msg40298#msg40298 date=1156934304]
    [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Completely and utterly agree.

I wish i couldve been there to give them a hug before they killed themselves.. mightve saved a life or two..
    XoXo Angie

i work as a EMT and I had a csae one time where a girl tried to committ suicide by drinking Drain-o.  It did not kill her going down but when she threw up it burned her wind pipe, vocal cords and lungs.  We were trying to help her and she was screaming and got vomit into her lungs.  Pretty soon she could not even scream or make noise because the drain-o mixed with the stomach acid burned through her throat......  it took a while before I could sleep again.....or clean my toilet.

I'm gonna say it AGAIN- b/c I enjoy repeating myself- IT DOES NOT TAKE GUTS TO KILL YOURSELF- IT TAKES GUTS TO GO ON LIVING!!!!!!!!  Please people, don't glamorize suicide by talking about how gutsy it is to leave all your problems behind and anyone that cares about you to clean up thew mess (sometimes literally).  Suicide is for cowards 99.9%.  Unless you know you are about to be murdered or you have terminal cancer and choose not to go through pointless procedures to lengthen your life as a half human, while ripping your loved ones hearts out- suicide is for pussies- no matter how violent or artistic it may be.

Oh, sorry one more thing- if you know you are a pedaphile and are planning on molesting, raping, dismembering.... some innocent being do us a favor- take one for the team and call it quits.
    thank you
    emos, hippies and GOATS... oh my

[quote author=curious_kitten link=topic=1114.msg40440#msg40440 date=1156954982]
    i work as a EMT and I had a csae one time where a girl tried to committ suicide by drinking Drain-o.Â* It did not kill her going down but when she threw up it burned her wind pipe, vocal cords and lungs.Â* We were trying to help her and she was screaming and got vomit into her lungs.Â* Pretty soon she could not even scream or make noise because the drain-o mixed with the stomach acid burned through her throat......Â* it took a while before I could sleep again.....or clean my toilet.
    [/quote]

...dear God! *sick*

I assume she died?

[quote author=mydeathspaceaddict link=topic=1114.msg40462#msg40462 date=1156957462]
    I'm gonna say it AGAIN- b/c I enjoy repeating myself- IT DOES NOT TAKE GUTS TO KILL YOURSELF- IT TAKES GUTS TO GO ON LIVING!!!!!!!!  Please people, don't glamorize suicide by talking about how gutsy it is to leave all your problems behind and anyone that cares about you to clean up thew mess (sometimes literally).  Suicide is for cowards 99.9%.  Unless you know you are about to be murdered or you have terminal cancer and choose not to go through pointless procedures to lengthen your life as a half human, while ripping your loved ones hearts out- suicide is for pussies- no matter how violent or artistic it may be.
    [/quote]

They are sick and irrational people. It's unfair of you to call them "pussies", and insulting to the loved ones they leave behind.

SOAD

[quote author=Angie10558 link=topic=1114.msg40366#msg40366 date=1156949245]
    I wish i couldve been there to give them a hug before they killed themselves.. mightve saved a life or two..
    [/quote]

.........because hugging the pieces afterward is messy

[quote author=misanthrope link=topic=1114.msg40465#msg40465 date=1156957855]
    i work as a EMT and I had a csae one time where a girl tried to committ suicide by drinking Drain-o.Â* It did not kill her going down but when she threw up it burned her wind pipe, vocal cords and lungs.Â* We were trying to help her and she was screaming and got vomit into her lungs.Â* Pretty soon she could not even scream or make noise because the drain-o mixed with the stomach acid burned through her throat......Â* it took a while before I could sleep again.....or clean my toilet.
    [/quote]

...dear God! *sick*

I assume she died?

[/quote]

Oh yeah, she died.Â* They really should make teenagers watch shit like that.Â* They think that suicide is quick and easy.Â* This girl suffered for over 1/2 hour before she died.......not a way I would ever want to go......

[/quote]

There goes her singing career. Damn.
    meep

[/quote]

...dear God! *sick*

I assume she died?

[quote author=mydeathspaceaddict link=topic=1114.msg40462#msg40462 date=1156957462]
    I'm gonna say it AGAIN- b/c I enjoy repeating myself- IT DOES NOT TAKE GUTS TO KILL YOURSELF- IT TAKES GUTS TO GO ON LIVING!!!!!!!!Â* Please people, don't glamorize suicide by talking about how gutsy it is to leave all your problems behind and anyone that cares about you to clean up thew mess (sometimes literally).Â* Suicide is for cowards 99.9%.Â* Unless you know you are about to be murdered or you have terminal cancer and choose not to go through pointless procedures to lengthen your life as a half human, while ripping your loved ones hearts out- suicide is for pussies- no matter how violent or artistic it may be.
    [/quote]

They are sick and irrational people. It's unfair of you to call them "pussies", and insulting to the loved ones they leave behind.
    [/quote]

NO the insult was killing themselves.  Listen, I apologize for calling them pussies b/c I'm not into the whole immature name calling thing, but I have very little respect for someone who kills themselves- mainly because of the pain they put their loved ones through.  I am not talking out of my ass here, I have way too much experience with this kind of thing.  But I really find suicide to be no better then murder- it IS insulting- and by God I hope it is irrational- but I can come up with many better excuses to kill someone then to kill yourself.
    emos, hippies and GOATS... oh my

[quote author=kholdstare link=topic=1114.msg40505#msg40505 date=1156960879]

I remember seeing that suicide on here that was deleted, but he had drank some anti-freeze to commit suicide... FUCK THAT!
    [/quote]

Thats what I did when I attempted a year ago, was in the ICU for three days.

Yeah.  I learned a very important lesson that night.  If I am trying to end it all with drain-o and then change my mind, i need to keep it down.  If she would have gotten help rightaway and they could have pumped her stomach, she might have made it.  Draino + stomach acid = a deadly combination

well in the middle of my freshman year of high school, which till that point had been absoluting amazing (I was an honor student and winning awards for writing) I began to feel depressed and isolated. I felt as if I was walking with a glass box around me and for some reason I felt that I dont connect with people as well as they connect with with each other. I kept to my self during summer, staying in my room most of the time. I remember I would start sobbing for no reason and then stop just as quick. when I went back to school I was terrified of being around people but went into fits of rage when I was alone. no one ever guessed, I was known as the "funny, crazy girl" but when I was laughing and talking with my friends I was waiting for some slip of the tongue that would reveal who I really was and that I was not as okay and happy as the rest of the teenages.

I skipped class and started having panic attacks often. My grades gone down but I really didnt care. I started coming to the conclusion that I had a bleak future and that nothing was going to get better, it was going to only take a different form. I was living on the behalf of other people.

I planned the attempted several weeks before going through. first I wrote a list of about 35 different methods than narrowed it down to which ones would actual work and wouldnt be too dramatic. anti-freeze is has a sweet flavor and contains ethlene glycol, which when consumed in mass cause heart and renal flavor. Oct. 31 I drank 2 tall glasses full of it, It was the most disgusting thing in the world, but I refused to throw up. I went to bed and was hoping to die in my sleep, by the time anyone found out i would have been dead for hours.

to my dismay I woke up, drunk off of  the anti-freeze. I tried to convince my mom that I was just sick and to go to work. she noticed my slurred speech and imbalance and took me to the hospital. I remember feeling angry that it didnt work and paniced that my parents were going to find out. at the hospital, without knowing what I was saying, I told the doctor what I did. I was transfered to another hospital where in the ICU the anti-freeze was flushed out of my system.

I was there for three days, in the childrens ward for three days, then was sent to the crisis center for three days where i was (falsely) diagnosed with bi-polar disorder. over the next year I would change psychiatist three times and took over 10 different medications.

I'm doing better now, I went to therapy for a little while but stopped cause of my parents insurance, but I'm going to go back. My fathers side of the family has a severe history of mental disorders (almost everyone some some sort of mania or depression) , so since its genetic i might be managing it forever.A lot of crazy things have happened since then but thats for another day.

The anifreeze was suppose to taste sweet, but I guess this particular brand put something in it to prevent pets and kids from drinking it. It tasted like liquid tire rubber (if that makes any sense). When I woke up I felt like I just spent a whole night bar-hopping, I was that drunk.
      yeah the medication has been pretty hard, especially when they dont work and you have to take others. right now i just take Wellbutrin and paxeva for depression and anxiety, respectively. I take the occasional ambien or seroquel when I cant sleep.

SOAD

you were lucky not to go blind, some dude spiked his workmates pepsi for a prank (to get at him for swiggin the shared pepsi from the bottle) and the dude went blind

SOAD

october 31st.....halloween night.......was that coincidence? or did you purposely pick that day?

It was slight acidic, but no more than orange juice. I didnt feel anything until the next morning, right after I drank it I went to bed and feel asleep.

Wow, that's rough. I'm very sorry that you went through that.
    Did you just throw a burrito at me?!

[quote author=mydeathspaceaddict link=topic=1114.msg40515#msg40515 date=1156961729]
    [/quote]

...dear God! *sick*

I assume she died?

I'm gonna say it AGAIN- b/c I enjoy repeating myself- IT DOES NOT TAKE GUTS TO KILL YOURSELF- IT TAKES GUTS TO GO ON LIVING!!!!!!!!Â* Please people, don't glamorize suicide by talking about how gutsy it is to leave all your problems behind and anyone that cares about you to clean up thew mess (sometimes literally).Â* Suicide is for cowards 99.9%.Â* Unless you know you are about to be murdered or you have terminal cancer and choose not to go through pointless procedures to lengthen your life as a half human, while ripping your loved ones hearts out- suicide is for pussies- no matter how violent or artistic it may be.
    [/quote]

[/quote]

NO the insult was killing themselves.Â* Listen, I apologize for calling them pussies b/c I'm not into the whole immature name calling thing, but I have very little respect for someone who kills themselves- mainly because of the pain they put their loved ones through.Â* I am not talking out of my ass here, I have way too much experience with this kind of thing.Â* But I really find suicide to be no better then murder- it IS insulting- and by God I hope it is irrational- but I can come up with many better excuses to kill someone then to kill yourself.
    [/quote]

I wouldn't call them pussies for commiting suicide. I'd call them mentally unstable & sometimes deranged individuals. Plus some of them do have problems that sincerely would drive anyone to do the same. Look at Kurt Cobain; people figuratively piss on his grave because he left behind his daughter & took "the easy way out", when half of them don't know he had Chronic Stomach Pain, a constant burning, feeling like his intestines were covered in acid. That's why he became a herion addict; it numbed his stomach pain, literally. So I think it's unfair to call someone a pussy or say they took the easy way out before we know what shit they were going through. It is however fair to dislike them for what they did to their family. The fact that some write a carefully-worded "loving" suicide note is bullshit. Like that's going to help; the families still have the pain to deal with & all the regrets & could-have-beens. But again, these people are mentally unstable & don't think of the reprocussions of their actions & the mass effect it has on the community.

Uuuuum  I think u would have to be pretty fucking bold to kill urself...I know I would be too much of a "pussy" to do it. Also if I did it would have to be something along the lines of overdosing on sleeping pills and than hopping in a nice deep bath tub
    Bwahahahaha !!!

SOAD

[quote author=xdeliriousx link=topic=1114.msg40966#msg40966 date=1157015784]
    [quote author=mydeathspaceaddict link=topic=1114.msg40515#msg40515 date=1156961729]
    i work as a EMT and I had a csae one time where a girl tried to committ suicide by drinking Drain-o.  It did not kill her going down but when she threw up it burned her wind pipe, vocal cords and lungs.  We were trying to help her and she was screaming and got vomit into her lungs.  Pretty soon she could not even scream or make noise because the drain-o mixed with the stomach acid burned through her throat......  it took a while before I could sleep again.....or clean my toilet.
    [/quote]

...dear God! *sick*

I assume she died?

[/quote]

[/quote]

NO the insult was killing themselves.  Listen, I apologize for calling them pussies b/c I'm not into the whole immature name calling thing, but I have very little respect for someone who kills themselves- mainly because of the pain they put their loved ones through.  I am not talking out of my ass here, I have way too much experience with this kind of thing.  But I really find suicide to be no better then murder- it IS insulting- and by God I hope it is irrational- but I can come up with many better excuses to kill someone then to kill yourself.
    [/quote]

I wouldn't call them pussies for commiting suicide. I'd call them mentally unstable & sometimes deranged individuals. Plus some of them do have problems that sincerely would drive anyone to do the same. Look at Kurt Cobain; people figuratively piss on his grave because he left behind his daughter & took "the easy way out", when half of them don't know he had Chronic Stomach Pain, a constant burning, feeling like his intestines were covered in acid. That's why he became a herion addict; it numbed his stomach pain, literally. So I think it's unfair to call someone a pussy or say they took the easy way out before we know what shit they were going through. It is however fair to dislike them for what they did to their family. The fact that some write a carefully-worded "loving" suicide note is bullshit. Like that's going to help; the families still have the pain to deal with & all the regrets & could-have-beens. But again, these people are mentally unstable & don't think of the reprocussions of their actions & the mass effect it has on the community.
    [/quote]

haha a fellow Kurt Cobain fan, I have a special something for you
    http://www.findadeath.com/Deceased/c/Kurt%20Cobain/Suicide%20translation.htm

Thread Information