Thread: Frans Oudshoorn (56) Died After He Fell On & Crushed His Cat, Became Entangled In Xmas Lights, Then Fell Down A Staircase After Suffering A Stroke, Police Say.

Frans Oudshoorn (56) Died After He Fell On & Crushed His Cat, Became Entangled In Xmas Lights, Then Fell Down A Staircase After Suffering A Stroke, Police Say.

So there's a new "The Staircase" & there's so much to side eye that I couldn't fit it all in the title

https://www.newsobserver.com/news/lo...rendingstories

Wake County sheriff's deputies have concluded that a man found dead at the bottom of a staircase in Apex died after having a stroke, getting tangled in Christmas lights and landing on a pet kitten.

Deputies arrived at 3506 Lexham Court on Monday to discover Fran Oudshorn "supine" on the floor with blood on the walls, a staircase and under his body, according to search warrants made public Friday. A family friend and property records say the man's name is spelled Frans Oudshoorn, 56.

Investigators spoke to his son, who had called 911 to report the death. He told investigators that he came to the house on the night prior to find a dead cat in the bathroom, he wrapped it and placed it in the freezer.

He then described finding his father at the bottom of the stairs, wrapped in Christmas lights, the warrants said. He cut his father loose from the lights, broght him a pillow and blanket, then left with his girlfriend.

When the son returned the next afternoon, the warrants said, the father was dead. "He told them what happened to the cat is the same thing that happened to his dad", according to the investigator's report.

Sheriff's Office spokesman Eric Curry said Friday that their investigation showed Oudshoorn had been taking down Christmas lights when he had the stroke and fell on the kitten, breaking its back.

The son discovered them both, Curry said and "knowing he was going to have to deal with a deceased father, he put the cat in the freezer knowing that he was going to bury the cat at a later time".

A final report from the N.C medical examiner's office is pending.
    Last edited by blighted star; 08-16-2019 at 08:12 PM.

Ok, it's not just me. There's some widspread side eyeing of the son's story going down

https://m.facebook.com/story/graphql...gzMjkxNTcyODEw

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    Ok, it's not just me. There's some widspread side eyeing of the son's story going down

https://m.facebook.com/story/graphql...gzMjkxNTcyODEw
    Whew! I thought I was just paranoid and nuts. You call 911 and you don't leave your hurt parent. If dad didn't want to go, take him to the hospital anyway! That's what I always did.

The whole thing is suss as fuck. This is the first time in all my years on MDS that I've been determined to read the entire ME's report.

Like, if the same thing that happened to the cat, happened to his dad, & the dad supposedly fell while taking down Xmas lights at the top of the staircase, why the fuck was the cat found first, dead in a bathroom & not near or beneath the dead father?? Which floor's the bathroom on?

& if he froze the cat because he "knew" he'd soon be dealing with a dead father, why did he chuck his dad a pillow & blanket then leave him lying on the floor in congealing blood spatter so he could go on a date & not return until the next afternoon? Why didn't he call 911 immediately if he thought his dad was in such a precarious state?

Finally, how the fuck is this non-suspicious? Unless the son has a severe learning disability, how is it not elder abuse at the absolute minimum???
    Last edited by blighted star; 08-17-2019 at 08:47 PM.

Hardly anything came up when I was searching this yesterday but now I'm getting hits that are already days old

Wake investigators ask to search phone found linked to bloody deaths of Apex man, cat

Posted 4:51 p.m. Friday

APEX, N.C. — A Wake County sheriff's investigator asked this week to search an iPhone found in a house where a man died this month.

On Aug. 9, Alex Oudshoorn told investigators that he found his father, Frans Oudshoorn, dead in a puddle of blood at their home at 3504 Lexham Court in Apex.

Alex Oudshoorn told dispatchers his father looked like he had hit his head and bled to death. Investigators found Frans Oudshoorn at the bottom of a staircase, with blood "on the walls of the hallway near the stairs and at the bottom of the stairs on the handrail," investigators wrote in the warrant application.

Alex Oudshoorn told investigators that he'd encountered his father the night before, bloody and wrapped in Christmas lights at the bottom of the stairs. He said he "cut his dad loose from the lights, and his dad asked him for a blanket and pillow which he gave to him and left him on the floor," investigators wrote in applying for the search warrant.

"Alex asked his dad if he was OK, to which his father replied that he was fine," investigators wrote. The son then left the house with a friend, returning the next afternoon to find his father dead and called 911.

In a search of the house, investigators found the iPhone.

According to the warrant, Alex Oudshoorn also told investigators that he found the family cat dead in the bathroom, wrapped it in plastic and put it in the freezer. When asked what happened, investigators wrote, "he told them what happened to the cat is the same thing that happened to his dad."

Eric Curry, a spokesman with the Wake County Sheriff's Office, said the elder Oudshoorn apparently had a stroke and that his death was not considered suspicious.

Records show that Alex Oudshoorn had already lost his mother, Diana Arden Rupp, who died at 52.

Seems both parents died relatively young

Diana's fb

https://m.facebook.com/diana.rupp

& her memorial

http://www.onteora1979.com/class_pro...ber_id=1290902

Diana Arden Rupp, 52, of Apex, died Friday, January 4, 2013 at her home in Apex.

Diana was born on December 11, 1960, in Bethesda, MD. She was a graduate of California State University at Chico with a degree in mechanical engineering and North Carolina State University with a master's degree in industrial engineering. She was a very adventurous person, logging more than 1400 sky dives. Diana was a member of St. Francis United Methodist Church.

She was preceded in death by her father, Bruce Allen Rupp.

Diana is survived by her husband, Frans Albert "Almar" Marinus Oudshoorn; son, Alex Oudshoorn of Apex; mother, Betty Lorinne Morehouse Rupp of Cary; and sister, Jacqueline Arden Rupp of Los Altos, CA.

A memorial service will be held 1:00 pm Thursday, January 10, 2013 at Saint Francis United Methodist Church, 2965 Kildaire Farm Road, Cary, NC 27518. The family will receive friends immediately following the service at the church.

Memorials may be made to the Mesothelioma Research Foundation of America, 5716 Corsa Avenue, Suite 203, Westlake Village, CA 91362.

Condolences may be sent to www.BrownWynneCary.com
    Last edited by blighted star; 08-18-2019 at 05:57 AM.

I keep thinking that this can't possibly be as strange as it sounds? Either the investigators or media must be explaining the son's statements really badly, right?

I need a diagram of the house layout. This doesn't make any sense, starting with the cat's location. And who, after having a stroke, then says they're fine and just want a pillow and blanket on the floor while they're bleeding?? So many holes.

I think they've given two different house numbers in the reports so far, so even getting a floor plan's going to be confusing

Edit :

Yep, one says 3506 Lexham Court, the other says 3504 Lexham Court.
    Last edited by blighted star; 08-19-2019 at 01:25 AM.

Can't find anything for 3506 yet. This is a Zillow link for 3504 but there's bugger all on it

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/3.../6486553_zpid/

Edit :

Annnd 3504 is the correct house number, according to city records

http://www.city-data.com/wake-county...m-Court-1.html

& it's a big house - 6 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, I think
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by blighted star; 08-19-2019 at 01:40 AM.

Oh, also :

"he told them what happened to the cat is the same thing that happened to his dad."

The cat was at the top of the stairs, taking down Xmas lights when it suffered a stroke, became dangerously entangled in the Xmas lights & tumbled down the staircase, spattering the stairs & walls with blood, crushing his father to death on the way before levitating to its final resting place in the bathroom.

Obviously.

I can?t believe a word of this. It?s like it?s a fake article because I can?t imagine that the police wouldn?t investigate it more. Everything about it is fishy. And why would he be taking down Christmas lights in August? What?s really odd is that I know him and knew both his parents. Although I hadn?t seen him in many years.

I could buy into a cat tripping you up and making you fall, especially if your dragging a string of lights behind you. What I can't buy is dead cat in the bathroom and moved to a freezer and leaving dad on the floor in a pool of blood the prior day. I wonder if Dad had dementia or a head injury of some sort and was pissy and told kid to get me a blanket, I'll be okay...now get the fuck out?
    Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups

Thread Information