Thread: Reporter Nancy Parker and pilot Franklin JP Augustus died in a plane crash

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Reporter Nancy Parker and pilot Franklin JP Augustus died in a plane crash

NEW ORLEANS ?
    A New Orleans news anchor died in a plane crash Friday afternoon in New Orleans East.

Nancy Parker was a longtime anchor at WVUE FOX 8 News.

Advertisement
    She anchored every newscast at the station during her 20 year tenure in New Orleans.

Parker was a native of Opelika, Alabama.

In 1988, she graduated with honors from the University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa, Alabama with a Bachelor of Arts degree in journalism.

Parker moved to New Orleans in 1996.

Multiple agencies responded to the crash.

The Federal Aviation Administration and the National Transportation Safety Board will handle the investigation.

FOX 8 issued the following statement on Parker's death:

"Today we mourn the loss of our longtime colleague and friend Nancy Parker. Details have not been released by authorities, but we can confirm she passed away in a plane crash while covering a story at the New Orleans Lakefront Airport."

?Nancy was absolutely a joy to work with each and every day?, said Tim Ingram, the vice president and general manager of FOX 8. ?Today we lost a wonderful journalist and remarkable friend. The New Orleans television community lost a true treasure, but beyond that, her family lost a wife, a mother and daughter. Our thoughts and prayers are with them.

"Nancy was a part of the FOX 8 family for the last 23 years. She put her heart and soul into her work, covering thousands of stories and touching countless lives. She made a difference in the lives of those she reported on. She will be sorely missed, and her absence creates a void that cannot be filled."
    https://www.kcra.com/article/new-orl...crash/28725537

https://www.fox8live.com/2019/08/17/...erson-my-life/

And now family members of Nancy Parker release a statement on her death.

NEW ORLEANS (WVUE) - Nancy Parker was married to Glynn Boyd, a former television journalist and current public information officer for the Jefferson Parish Sheriff’s Office.

Glynn released a statement about his wife’s death early Saturday morning:

"My heart is shattered.The dearest and most wonderful person in my life is gone.Our Nancy was an amazing human being.I was so proud of her; first as an awesome mother of our three children, just incredible. She loved them so much. This is why this is so difficult to comprehend. And she was a true professional, a master of her craft.She had so much to give. So smart, so talented, she was my everything.. I just don’t know. I really don’t. No man, but God could’ve taken Nancy from my arms. I loved her and she loved me. We were best friends. I would trade places with her right now. I should’ve been on that plane. She was our road map, our compass, our guiding light. I’m lost without my wife. My faith tells me joy will come in the morning. My joy will come when I see Jesus and my Nancy Face to Face.

"The outpouring of support has been incredible, social media, phone calls, texts and local media.

"Please, please keep us in prayer. And lift up my in-laws in prayer as well. Nancy was the apple of their eyes. Fox 8 we love you. This battle is not mine. I’m turning it over to the lord.

“Lastly, as the kids and I mourn our loss, we ask for privacy. We appreciate what so many of you have done already. We will all get together soon and celebrate the life of Nancy Parker Boyd”

Thread Information