Thread: 6 Philadelphia Police Officers Shot, Massive Police Presence in Nicetown

6 Philadelphia Police Officers Shot, Massive Police Presence in Nicetown

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...542724941.html

Listening to scanner chatter and it's wild.

Fucking hell

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    Fucking hell
    If only there'd been a good guy with a gun!
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

https://www.fox29.com/news/maurice-h...lphia-officers

Update Maurice Hill (34) identified as the shooter.

PHILADELPHIA - The man accused of shooting six police officers in North Philadelphia has been identified as 34-year-old Maurice Hill.

Hill surrendered to police early Thursday morning and was taken to Temple University Hospital where he was treated and released.

Police say Hill began firing at officers who were serving a narcotics warrant around 4:30 p.m. Wednesday at a home on the 3700 block of North 15th Street.

The shooting continued sporadically throughout the night, wounding a total of six officers who were taken to area hospitals with non-life threatening injuries. All of the officers have since been released from the hospital.

FOX 29 has learned Hill has an extensive criminal history including at least a dozen arrests since he was turned 18. Hill has been in and out of prison since 2002 after being convicted on charges including illegal possession of guns and aggravated assault.

Most recently, Hill was convicted of perjury in 2013 and was sentenced to seven months’ probation.
    Records also show dozens of serious charges over the years that were withdrawn in court.

Hill’s attorney Shaka Johnson has represented Hill for the past five years and tells FOX 29 he expects to represent him in this case as well. Johnson helped with negotiations during the standoff before he was called to the scene to speak with Hill through a megaphone.

RELATED: 'They’re still getting shot’: In dramatic audio, dispatchers call for help after officers hit in Philadelphia | Mayor Kenney pleads for gun control following North Philly police shooting

Police have not yet announced formal charges against Hill in Wednesday’s shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    If only there'd been a good guy with a gun!

While I'm in here though, can anyone explain what the fuck is happening here??? Surely the title's wrong? Surely ...?

I like to give the benefit of the doubt, so I'm trying to convince myself the red substance dripping on the ground between them might indicate they're panicking over a busted pepper spray cannister. Except they aren't showing signs of pepper spray exposure at all

Do they carry spray bottles of anything else that could explain this, like antiseptic or something? They seem pretty rushed & panicked, you'd think they'd slow it down a little if they were really faking shit

Last edited by blighted star; 08-15-2019 at 02:55 PM.

https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/20...bT122SFH11dYuo

PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — A controversial protest is planned Friday night in North Philadelphia to support Maurice Hill, the alleged gunman accused of shooting six Philadelphia police officers. Organizers say they expect 200 to 300 people to rally tonight.

Philadelphia Police Commissioner Richard Ross says police will be there too.

DA Krasner: Suspected Gunman Who Shot 6 Philadelphia Officers ‘Should Not Have Been On The Streets’

“Sadly, we do have to be there, I don’t understand it. There’s certain marches I do understand, this is definitely not one of them,” Ross said.

Hill is still in jail right now while he waits to be arraigned.

Crowd Taunts Philadelphia Police Officers, Laugh At Them In Midst Of Gunfire During Standoff In Nicetown-Tioga

Philadelphia District Attorney Larry Krasner said Thursday Hill will most likely face charges of attempted murder and aggravated assault, among others.

Investigators Remove AR-15, Begin Processing Home Where Gunman Opened Fire On Police In Nicetown-Tioga

“There will be a lot of charges. These are more than enough charges so that Mr. Maurice Hill may never exit jail,” Krasner said.

All six police officers suffered non-life-threatening injuries and were released from the hospital Wednesday night.

Thread Information