Thread: Authorities identify 13-year-old girl (Cristina Pangalangan) who died after being left in car

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Authorities identify 13-year-old girl (Cristina Pangalangan) who died after being left in car

https://www.walb.com/2019/08/07/auth...eing-left-car/

CHARLESTON, S.C. (WCSC) - Authorities have identified the 13-year-old girl who authorities say died after being deliberately left in a car in Colleton County.

Officials with the Colleton County Coroner?s Office say Cristina Pangalangan died in Ruffin Monday afternoon.

The girl?s mother, Rita Pangalangan, and Larry King Jr., have been charged with her murder.

A friend of Rita Pangalangan, who is a Colleton County teacher, said that?s not the woman she knows. Pangalangan and her boyfriend Larry King Jr. are both charged with murder.

No one was home Wednesday at the house on Lowcountry Highway in Ruffin where King lives.

Sitting outside was the car Colleton County deputies say Rita Pangalangan?s daughter was placed in and died in after being left in it for several hours on Monday.

?I was completely stunned, speechless, couldn?t believe it, just couldn?t believe it,? Rochelle Byrd said Wednesday. Byrd?s daughter was taught by Pangalangan, a former teacher of the year.

Byrd hasn?t seen Pangalangan in several years.

?She was one of the best teacher?s I ever met,? Byrd said.?Honestly I don?t understand it. I don?t understand how any child can be supposedly left in a car, especially this child, the special needs that she had. That?s one of the first things you would think, she would get her child out of the car. It just doesn?t make a whole lot of sense to me.?

She also can?t understand that investigators say the 13-year-old was deliberately left in the car.

?I?m just stunned. I?m completely speechless," Byrd said."I don?t even know how to respond to that, knowing the person that I know her to be turned from that, being called a murderer is incredible."

The sheriff?s office says the investigation into the murder is ongoing.

Byrd says she can?t get the 13-year old girl off her mind.

?She?s back in the Lord?s hands,? Byrd said.

Both Pangalangan and King have criminal pasts. King has prior arrests for domestic violence and assault and battery.

Court records also show an assault and harassment charge against him were dismissed.

In January of this year, Pangalangan was arrested after being accused of stuffing candy bars in the gas tank of King?s truck.

According to the incident report, the couple was not dating at the time. King told officers he was leaving a bar and saw chocolate and what appeared to be peanuts in and around the nozzle of the gas tank.

He said it would cost between $500 and $600 to inspect and repair the damage.

Rita Pangalangan is on paid leave from the Colleton County School District following her arrest for murder.

Poor girl. Crappy death.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Yeah. Nobody leaves their special needs teen in a car by themselves in the heat by accident. Nobody.

I hope you get everything you deserve and then some in prison. Crazy bitch.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    https://abcnews4.com/news/crime-news...n-deputies-say

RUFFIN, SC (WCIV) — Surveillance video from the Colleton County residence where a special needs child died Monday shows the girl's mother and her occasional boyfriend left the child alone in a vehicle for five hours before she died, authorities say.

Colleton County Sheriff's Office detectives say the child's mother, Rita Pangalangan, and her on-again, off-again boyfriend, Larry King, placed 13-year-old Cristina Pangalangan in a vehicle outside King's Low Country Highway residence around 11 a.m. on August 5.

The child, who detectives said Tuesday was incapable of caring for herself, remained in the vehicle until approximately 4:15 p.m. Monday afternoon, by which point she was dead, the sheriff's office says.

Detectives say Pangalangan and King, who both now are charged with murder, checked on Cristina only twice in the hours leading up to her death.

The first was at 12:15 p.m. more than an hour after initially leaving her in the vehicle, according to detectives.

Investigators said King and Pangalangan didn't come back outside to check on the Cristina for nearly 3 hours after that.

It was then detectives say King and Pangalangan claim they found out the vehicle was locked, trapping Cristina inside.

Detectives say King and Pangalangan decided the solution to this problem was to leave the home, reportedly to get a set of spare keys.

King and Pangalangan were gone for more than an hour while the child remained at the residence alone inside the vehicle, deputies say.

When the pair returned and got Cristina out of the vehicle around 4:15 p.m., deputies say they called 9-1-1 to report she wasn't breathing.

Paramedics who arrived at the scene attempted to revive her, but say Cristina was already "beyond help," Colleton County Fire-Rescue Chief Barry McRoy said Tuesday.

When asked Wednesday whether or not the vehicle's air conditioning was on at any point while Cristina was left alone inside, a sheriff's office spokesperson said they were unable to release that information, citing an ongoing investigation.

Research by vehicle safety organizations has shown temperatures inside vehicles during hot weather can rise between 40 and 45 degrees Fahrenheit above the ambient temperature after only an hour.

Nearby weather gauges recorded temperature readings of 88 and 91 degrees Monday afternoon around the time of the girl's death. The temperature inside a vehicle without air conditioning could've reached 130-135 degrees under those circumstances.

According to the Mayo Clinic, prolonged exposure to extreme high temperatures in such a scenario could lead to the body's core temperature rising to dangerous levels, leading to potential heatstroke, organ damage or even death.

An autopsy to determine Cristina Pangalangan's cause of death was scheduled for Wednesday afternoon. Colleton County Coroner Richard Harvey released her name, but did not reveal a cause of death.

King and Pangalangan appeared in bond court Tuesday afternoon in Colleton County, but magistrates are unable to set bail amounts on murder charges.

The pair will remain in jail at least until the date of their formal arraignment sometime in the next 30 days, at which time a circuit judge can consider a bond amount.

Rita Pangalangan, a teacher in the Colleton County School District, has been placed on paid administrative leave while the criminal investigation of her is ongoing.

Cristina attended Colleton County schools. District officials released the following statement Wednesday regarding her death:

"All of us in the Colleton County School District are deeply saddened by the death of Cristina Pangalangan, an eighth-grade student at Colleton County Middle School. Cristina truly enjoyed spending time with her classmates and loved to get attention. She had a smile for all of the adults at school that worked with her, and her teachers described her as a very motivated student. She will be dearly missed by all who knew her."

The school district say it has deployed a crisis response teams to offer counseling and support to any staff and students who need it as a result of the tragedy.

The Colleton County Sheriff's Office and the 14th Circuit Solicitor's Office are investigating the incident. The agencies have refused to release further information about the incident, citing an ongoing investigation.
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

Quote Originally Posted by SuchAClassicGirl View Post
    https://abcnews4.com/news/crime-news...n-deputies-say

RUFFIN, SC (WCIV) ? Surveillance video from the Colleton County residence where a special needs child died Monday shows the girl's mother and her occasional boyfriend left the child alone in a vehicle for five hours before she died, authorities say.

Colleton County Sheriff's Office detectives say the child's mother, Rita Pangalangan, and her on-again, off-again boyfriend, Larry King, placed 13-year-old Cristina Pangalangan in a vehicle outside King's Low Country Highway residence around 11 a.m. on August 5.

The child, who detectives said Tuesday was incapable of caring for herself, remained in the vehicle until approximately 4:15 p.m. Monday afternoon, by which point she was dead, the sheriff's office says.

Detectives say Pangalangan and King, who both now are charged with murder, checked on Cristina only twice in the hours leading up to her death.

The first was at 12:15 p.m. more than an hour after initially leaving her in the vehicle, according to detectives.

Investigators said King and Pangalangan didn't come back outside to check on the Cristina for nearly 3 hours after that.

It was then detectives say King and Pangalangan claim they found out the vehicle was locked, trapping Cristina inside.

Detectives say King and Pangalangan decided the solution to this problem was to leave the home, reportedly to get a set of spare keys.

King and Pangalangan were gone for more than an hour while the child remained at the residence alone inside the vehicle, deputies say.

When the pair returned and got Cristina out of the vehicle around 4:15 p.m., deputies say they called 9-1-1 to report she wasn't breathing.

Paramedics who arrived at the scene attempted to revive her, but say Cristina was already "beyond help," Colleton County Fire-Rescue Chief Barry McRoy said Tuesday.

When asked Wednesday whether or not the vehicle's air conditioning was on at any point while Cristina was left alone inside, a sheriff's office spokesperson said they were unable to release that information, citing an ongoing investigation.

Research by vehicle safety organizations has shown temperatures inside vehicles during hot weather can rise between 40 and 45 degrees Fahrenheit above the ambient temperature after only an hour.

Nearby weather gauges recorded temperature readings of 88 and 91 degrees Monday afternoon around the time of the girl's death. The temperature inside a vehicle without air conditioning could've reached 130-135 degrees under those circumstances.

According to the Mayo Clinic, prolonged exposure to extreme high temperatures in such a scenario could lead to the body's core temperature rising to dangerous levels, leading to potential heatstroke, organ damage or even death.

An autopsy to determine Cristina Pangalangan's cause of death was scheduled for Wednesday afternoon. Colleton County Coroner Richard Harvey released her name, but did not reveal a cause of death.

King and Pangalangan appeared in bond court Tuesday afternoon in Colleton County, but magistrates are unable to set bail amounts on murder charges.

The pair will remain in jail at least until the date of their formal arraignment sometime in the next 30 days, at which time a circuit judge can consider a bond amount.

Rita Pangalangan, a teacher in the Colleton County School District, has been placed on paid administrative leave while the criminal investigation of her is ongoing.

Cristina attended Colleton County schools. District officials released the following statement Wednesday regarding her death:

"All of us in the Colleton County School District are deeply saddened by the death of Cristina Pangalangan, an eighth-grade student at Colleton County Middle School. Cristina truly enjoyed spending time with her classmates and loved to get attention. She had a smile for all of the adults at school that worked with her, and her teachers described her as a very motivated student. She will be dearly missed by all who knew her."

The school district say it has deployed a crisis response teams to offer counseling and support to any staff and students who need it as a result of the tragedy.

The Colleton County Sheriff's Office and the 14th Circuit Solicitor's Office are investigating the incident. The agencies have refused to release further information about the incident, citing an ongoing investigation.
    WTF????!!!

I was telling myself that somehow, some way, they must've forgotten her, but they fucking knew

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    WTF????!!!

I was telling myself that somehow, some way, they must've forgotten her, but they fucking knew
    I wanted to believe that too, but they fucked up by visiting her twice.

I was hoping maybe she was mentally handicapped too, so she didn’t know what’s going on, but I don’t think that was the case.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    Ok wait...not the point at hand but...this is a TEACHER who’d been arrested for domestic violence AND sugaring a gas tank but was only placed on leave after being arrested for murder?
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

Woman arrested for leaving kids in car, a week after mother charged with murder for leaving girl in car

https://www.live5news.com/2019/08/12...ving-girl-car/

COLLETON COUNTY, S.C. (WCSC) - Investigators have arrested a woman for leaving two kids in a car, a week after authorities say the woman’s mother was arrested on murder charges for deliberately leaving a disabled child in a vehicle.

The Walterboro Police Department announced the arrest of Ashley Pangalangan who was charged with unlawful conduct of a minor.

Ashley’s mother, Rita Pangalangan, was charged with murder and accused of leaving her 13-year-old disabled daughter in a vehicle. Investigators say Cristina Pangalangan died after she was deliberately left in a car.

Ashley Pangalangan’s arrest stems from an investigation at a Walmart on Monday where deputies responded to a report of two children being left inside a vehicle.

“Ashley Pangalangan left her 7-year-old and approximately 6-month-old inside her vehicle and went inside Walmart to buy items,” Walterboro Police Lt. Amye Stivender said.

According to a report, the vehicle was running however the A.C. was not properly working.

“An EPC was done on both the children and Pangalangan was arrested for Unlawful Conduct of a Minor,” Stivender said.

https://abcnews4.com/news/crime-news...-blew-warm-air

WALTERBORO, S.C. (WCIV) - Walterboro Police have released new details about the arrest of a woman on child endangerment charges Monday, a week after the suspect's mother was accused of murdering her disabled teen daughter under similar circumstances.

Ashley Pangalangan, 30, was arrested Monday, and charged with unlawful conduct toward a child, after police say she left two children inside vehicle while shopping at the Walterboro Walmart. The children's ages are 7 and under a year, police say.

A newly released incident report from Walterboro PD investigators shows Pangalangan's children were left in a car that had a broken-out window covered in plastic, and an air conditioner that was blowing warm air.

The incident took place in the 1 p.m. hour, according to police. The outside temperature in Walterboro at the time was 91 degrees with a heat index of 97, police say.

According to a timeline given by police, Pangalangan was inside the store for at least about 25 minutes, but claimed she'd only been in the store for five minutes when confronted by officers after she returned to her car.

Two witnesses reported the children being left alone in the vehicle at 1:18 p.m. Police arrived at 1:27 p.m., and Pangalangan didn't come out of the store until approximately 15 minutes after police arrived, all according to police documents.

Pangalangan remained in jail Tuesday afternoon. A judge set her bond at $25,000.

The week prior to her own arrest, Ashley Pangalangan's mother, Rita, was arrested for the death of Ashley's 13-year-old special needs sister.

Cristina Pangalangan died after being left in a vehicle for five hours on August 5, according to Colleton County Sheriff's Office investigators.

Both Rita Pangalangan, 49, and her boyfriend Larry E. King, Jr., 41, are charged with murder over Cristina's death. Both remain in jail without bond.

The couple left Cristina in a vehicle at approximately 11 a.m. while they went inside King's house, deputies said surveillance video showed.

King and Pangalangan came back to check on Cristina at about 12:15 p.m. before going back inside, and didn't checked on her again until around 3 p.m., the sheriff's office said.

When they came back outside around 3 p.m., investigators say King and Pangalangan left King's property altogether for over an hour, before finally returning around 4:15 p.m.

It was then the couple called 9-1-1 to report Cristina wasn't breathing. She died at the scene, emergency officials said.

Colleton County authorities have said Cristina had special needs and was unable to take care of herself.

A funeral for Cristina is set for Wednesday, August 14, at Faith Church in Walterboro, starting at 4 p.m.

The family has asked that in lieu of flowers, donations be made in Cristina's memory to the Colleton County Special Olympics.

Omfg. This family

The mother is only 49? Holy meth.

Thread Information