Thread: A Freeway Shooting reported in Houston

A Freeway Shooting reported in Houston

https://www.click2houston.com/news/l...way-police-say

HOUSTON - A new video shows the aftermath of a deadly shooting on the East Freeway during rush-hour traffic Thursday evening.

What happened
    Two people were shot to death around 6 p.m., in the eastbound lanes of I-10 near the Normandy Street exit, according to Houston police.

Police said two vehicles were involved in a crash just before the shooting. One vehicle struck the other vehicle, which then spun out in the middle of the freeway, according to police. Police said at least one person got out of the vehicle that didn't spin out and started firing shots into the other vehicle.

Both occupants of the vehicle that spun out, ages 25 and 33, were struck and killed by gunfire, police said. Their identities have not yet been released.

Police said they believe an AR-15 was used by the gunman.

What witnesses said
    One witness, who carries a gun for personal protection, saw what was happening and said that when the gunman turned toward him, he feared for his life and fired several shots at the man. Police said the witness was not sure if he hit the gunman.

He told KPRC 2 Investigates his first-hand account of what happened.

?Happened right in front of me. I thought it was road rage,? the man said.

He didn't want to use his name due to fears for his safety.

?He got close to me and I pulled my gun out and shot toward him,? he said. ?I did CPR on the passenger. Another guy did CPR on the driver.?

The shooter then got back in his vehicle and left the scene.

Police said narcotics were found in the victims' vehicle.

?When I pulled the guys out, there were two bags, two plastic clear bags full of marijuana, but I didn?t see weapons in there while we pulled them out,? the witness said.

Description of shooter
    The shooter has not been arrested.

Police said they have witnesses and are investigating leads.

On Friday, authorities released a description of the gunman and his vehicle.

According to police, he is described as a Hispanic man in his 20s believed to be around 5 feet, 7 inches tall. He was wearing a red shirt and was driving a newer model, four-door sedan.

Anyone with information is asked to call Houston police.

The freeway was closed while authorities investigated the scene.

Copyright 2019 by KPRC Click2Houston - All rights reserved.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/new...0-14294464.php

Houston police on Friday searched for the gunman who opened fire on a crashed vehicle on Interstate 10 in East Houston a day earlier, fatally shooting two occupants during the afternoon rush hour — a chilling double-slaying that the police chief said was probably drug-related.
    Police said the chain of events was set in motion by an auto collision on the congested freeway east of downtown, prompting initial speculation that road rage was the motive.
    A man crashed his vehicle into a silver sedan carrying two men, ages 25 and 33, causing it to spin out in the middle of traffic near Federal Road in East Houston. The gunman reportedly fired toward the sedan as it rolled down the freeway and came to a stop, then got in front of the sedan and fired several rounds at the victims’ windshield. Both men were killed.

A witness at the scene, who believed the shooter would target him, pulled out a pistol and began firing at the shooter, who then fled in the vehicle, according to police. Traffic was backed up for hours, as police canvassed the scene searching for clues.

Thread Information