https://patch.com/michigan/detroit/d...he-never-lived

DETROIT, MI ? A Detroit man who was deported by the Trump administration has died after being deported to a country he'd never been to, according to reports.

Jimmy Aldaoud, 41, was of Arabic descent, but spent almost his entire life in the U.S., according to those close to him. He was born in Greece to Chaldean-Iraqi Christian parents and was brought to the United States at just six months old, reports say.

He was deported earlier this year to Iraq. He died this week after arriving and sources close to him say it was because he didn't have access to his insulin in Iraq.

He also struggled with mental illness, which led to his legal woes, according to immigration attorney Edward Bajoka, who said he was close to Aldaoud's family. Bajoka wrote on Facebook that Aldaoud was found dead Aug. 7 in Iraq because he was unable to treat his diabetes.

"Rest In Peace Jimmy. Your blood is on the hands of ICE and this administration." Bajoka said.

The attorney said Aldaoud did not speak Arabic, knew no one in Iraq and had never been to the country before being deported there.

In a video posted by Bojoka, Aldaoud said he had been deported despite telling ICE agents he had never been to Iraq.

"They just wouldn't listen to me," Aldaoud said in the video, which he stated was filmed two and a half weeks after he was deported. "They wouldn't let me call my family. I begged them, I said, 'Please, I've never seen that country.'"

He said he was struggling in Iraq, where he had no access to food or insulin and could not communicate. "I don't understand the language, nobody speaks English," Aldaoud said. "I"ve been throwing up ... I've got nothing over here."

ICE officials in Detroit issued a statement saying Aldaoud had 20 criminal convictions between 1998 and 2017, including several violent charges, and that he cut off a GPS device he was supposed to wear while on release from immigration custody, the Washington Post reported.

Bajoka said Aldaoud had been diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia, adding that his illness was tied to his legal trouble.

https://www.facebook.com/2228632/vid...012432033/?t=0