Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Au-pair Karen Bermudez-Rodriguez (26) and her employer, David Kimowitz (40) were stabbed to death after she broke off a relationship with her boyfriend

Karen Bermudez-Rodriguez (26) and David Kimowitz (40) were killed by Joseph Porter (27)

https://abc7ny.com/suspect-arrested-...-home/5442379/

Tweet
    Email

Suspect arrested in murders of man, nanny found dead at suburban New Jersey home
    Sunday, August 4, 2019 11:20AM
    MAPLEWOOD, New Jersey (WABC) -- Police have made an arrest in the killings of a man and a live-in nanny who worked with his family in New Jersey.

26-year-old Karen Bermudez-Rodriguez of Maplewood, was found lying in the street on Walton Road near Jefferson Avenue in Maplewood around 6:00 a.m. Saturday, after police responded to a report of a woman being assaulted.

She was pronounced dead at Beth Israel Medical Center.

Officers then found the body of 40-year-old David Kimowitz of Maplewood inside a home nearby.

After an investigation by the Essex County Prosecutor's Homicide Task Force and the Maplewood Police Department, 27-year-old Joseph Porter was charged in connection with the deaths.

Authorities said he had been dating Bermudez-Rodriguez, who was employed as an au pair for the Kimowitz family,

Porter is charged with two counts of murder, possession of a weapon, possession of a weapon for an unlawful purpose and criminal restraint. He is being held in the Essex County Correctional Facility.

I don't see him on her FB at all, looks pretty locked down. Wonder if her family changed that?

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Holy shit, they want $35,000 to send a dead body home to Columbia??? $35,000???

According to International Funeral Service of New York.......it costs $2,225.00 to ship a dead body from the U.S. to Columbia. That includes airline costs and casket.

I wonder what they need the other $32,775.00 for? Lavish vacation maybe, or a new Corvette.

You have to pay those fees on the shipping on both ends (shipping and receiving) and then pay for the funeral, and then I am guessing she was sending money back to her family, and her death is going to be huge loss for them in that manner too.

They reached their fundraising goal, so that’s good. I just don’t know why he killed his exes boss too. I guess he was just an asshole.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    They reached their fundraising goal, so that’s good. I just don’t know why he killed his exes boss too. I guess he was just an asshole.
    I think he thought they were having an affair. Or maybe because he just happened to be home and, no witnesses...

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    I think he thought they were having an affair. Or maybe because he just happened to be home and, no witnesses...
    I thought the same thing too. He thought they were having an affair.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    You have to pay those fees on the shipping on both ends (shipping and receiving) and then pay for the funeral, and then I am guessing she was sending money back to her family, and her death is going to be huge loss for them in that manner too.
    Yes it's a bad loss for her and her family. I just never agreed with "someone died, send us money". I would never ever do that, even if I had zero dollars in the bank, I would never beg for money. Seems like it's the thing to do these days, minutes after someone dies the begging starts.

Quote Originally Posted by S281Saleen160 View Post
    Yes it's a bad loss for her and her family. I just never agreed with "someone died, send us money". I would never ever do that, even if I had zero dollars in the bank, I would never beg for money. Seems like it's the thing to do these days, minutes after someone dies the begging starts.
    I totally agree, that is what insurance and savings are for. No one seems to have an emergency fund or insurance these days. It's bad. No one takes care of themselves anymore.

But I was just answering your original question about why they might be asking for that much money.

If people are willing to donate, what the fuck does it matter to you?

Quote Originally Posted by Jumaki15 View Post
    If people are willing to donate, what the fuck does it matter to you?
    I dont agree with it, I dont understand that mentality to take advantage of people and take their $$$, this is my opinion, so what the fuck does my opinion matter to you? That, is the question.

Oh shit, keyboard war?

And I don't have life insurance cuz I watch the ID channel

Oh shit, keyboard war?

Best reason ever for not having life insurance

Oh shit, keyboard war?

No war, no fight. But I am curious to know why my opinion matters to him, lets see what he says about that.

Why does HIS opinion matter to YOU? We all have opinions, no one should really care that much what someone else on this board thinks. As I said earlier, my opinion is probably closer to yours on this matter, (god help me), but that doesn't really matter either.

I dont agree with it, I dont understand that mentality to take advantage of people and take their $$$, this is my opinion, so what the fuck does my opinion matter to you? That, is the question.
    If people are willingly giving money, how is that taking advantage of them?

If people are willingly giving money, how is that taking advantage of them?
    Possessions could have been sold, loans could have been taken, use own money, etc etc. But now people don't do that, people are quick to beg for money from others who they know will give bcz they are caring/willing. That, is taking advantage! Someone died and these people asked for $35,000!

When I had cancer and couldn't work bills piled up, shit was getting shut off etc etc. I had people telling me to do go fund me, I told them to fuck off for even suggesting it. I had family and friends offer me financial help, I told them no. I sold some jewelry and a few guns and a few other things to get the money I needed to pay my bills and survive. I could not and would not beg for money or take advantage of those who would be willing to give. This is how to do it, make sense now?

Possessions could have been sold, loans could have been taken, use own money, etc etc. But now people don't do that, people are quick to beg for money from others who they know will give bcz they are caring/willing. That, is taking advantage! Someone died and these people asked for $35,000!

When I had cancer and couldn't work bills piled up, shit was getting shut off etc etc. I had people telling me to do go fund me, I told them to fuck off for even suggesting it. I had family and friends offer me financial help, I told them no. I sold some jewelry and a few guns and a few other things to get the money I needed to pay my bills and survive. I could not and would not beg for money or take advantage of those who would be willing to give. This is how to do it, make sense now?
    Good for you. Not everyone has that option.

There are some gofundme's that are ridiculous, so I just don't donate to those. This is how to do it, make sense now?

Well clearly, not everyone can be the flawless example of a human being that you are.

Typing that out made me gag.

It makes sense that someone completely lacking in empathy can't comprehend that managing a sell-off of belongings while in the throes of grief might be an impossibility for some people.

That said, I'd never ask, I'd starve to fucking death first, but I'll never begrudge anyone who is able to bring themselves to do it

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    It makes sense that someone completely lacking in empathy can't comprehend that managing a sell-off of belongings while in the throes of grief might be an impossibility for some people.

That said, I'd never ask, I'd starve to fucking death first, but I'll never begrudge anyone who is able to bring themselves to do it
    You're right, in the throes of grief it would be impossible for someone to manage a sell-off of belongings to get the cash they need. In the throes of grief it's very manageable and super easy to logon to a computer type up a long story about someone who died then add to the story why everyone should click the donate button. Super easy even during the throes of grief.

Thank you for educating me :)

You're right, in the throes of grief it would be impossible for someone to manage a sell-off of belongings to get the cash they need. In the throes of grief it's very manageable and super easy to logon to a computer type up a long story about someone who died then add to the story why everyone should click the donate button. Super easy even during the throes of grief.

Thank you for educating me :)
    You are just THE worst fucking person.

You are just THE worst fucking person.
    Not THE worst. I have never killed anyone or raped anyone, never did harm to children or the elderly or animals, so I'm not THE worst.

Not THE worst. I have never killed anyone or raped anyone, never did harm to children or the elderly or animals, so I'm not THE worst.
    Fair point.

Thread Information