Thread: 2 Fatally Shot at Carmichael Assisted Living Center, Sheriffs Office Says

2 Fatally Shot at Carmichael Assisted Living Center, Sheriffs Office Says

https://fox40.com/2019/08/06/2-shot-...s-office-says/

CARMICHAEL ? Two people were shot and killed late Tuesday morning at an assisted living center in Carmichael.

According to the Sacramento County Sheriff?s Office, deputies responded to the Aegis Living center on Walnut Avenue near Cypress Avenue around 11:30 a.m.

Sheriff?s office spokeswoman Tess Deterding says both victims, a husband and wife, were pronounced dead at the scene.

?I can tell you that both individuals were reportedly suffering from some type of dementia-related mental issues,? Deterding said.

The woman apparently lived at Aegis, in the memory care section, and her husband was visiting.

?It was shocking, absolutely shocking,? Cindy Jorgensen, whose mother lives in the facility, told FOX40.

The sheriff?s office says facilities like Aegis want to create a homey atmosphere which is not conducive to front door security or weapons checks.

Deterding said there were no outstanding suspects.

Aegis Living issued a statement later Tuesday:

Today, Aegis Living experienced a tragic, unexpected loss of one of our residents in our Carmichael community. Our deepest condolences are with the family and loved ones involved.

At Aegis, the health and safety of our residents and staff is our number one priority. We are providing counseling and support to anyone in our community who needs it as we navigate this devastating tragedy.

This is a developing story.
    As of this posting they are searching for a suspect in the shooting.

https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2019...-nursing-home/

CARMICHAEL (CBS13) – The latest on a shooting at a Carmichael senior care home on Tuesday:

2:05 p.m.

Authorities say two bodies, a man and woman’s, were found in the room where the shooting happened.
    Top articles
    1/5
    READ MORE
    National Night Out 2019

The Sacramento County Sheriff’s Office says the woman was a resident of the facility, while the man appears to be a visitor. Their names have not been released, but deputies say the pair were a husband and wife.

Investigators have not detailed what led up to the shooting.

Homicide detectives remain at the scene.

12:50 p.m.

The Sacramento County Sheriff’s Office is investigating a double shooting at a senior care home facility in Carmichael as a homicide.

Authorities received word around 11:30 a.m. Tuesday that two people had been shot at Aegis Living Carmichael, which is at 4050 Walnut Ave.

Deputies believe that there are no outstanding suspects.

Check back for updates on this developing story.
    Another mass shooting in America.

Quote Originally Posted by KambingSociety View Post
    Dude, unless you have info the police don't have, & you know there are more bodies somewhere, that's not a mass shooting

https://www.rand.org/research/gun-po...shootings.html

No outstanding suspects = murder/suicide.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

https://www.kcra.com/article/2-shot-...enter/28625210

SACRAMENTO, Calif. —

A man and a woman died Tuesday in an apparent murder-suicide at an assisted living center in Sacramento County, authorities said.

The shooting happened at Aegis Living in Carmichael, which is on Walnut Avenue near Cypress Avenue, according to the Sacramento County Sheriff's Office. Staff at the center reported the shooting to the sheriff's office around 11:30 a.m., said Sgt. Tess Deterding.

The two people who died are believed to have been husband and wife. One person appears to have a self-inflicted gunshot wound, but Deterding would not say whom.

The woman lived at the center and the man was visiting, Deterding said. Both of them had some form of dementia.

Deputies located a weapon in the room where the man and woman were found.

Homicide detectives are investigating. The sheriff's office is asking anyone with information on the shooting to contact deputies.

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    Im

RIP I'm ass that the husband brought the gun inside the faculty. Killed his wife and then himself. RIP

A similar situation occured at the nursing facility where my mother was living in 2019. A husband came into the locked Alzheimer's Unit and shot his wife, who was a patient, then shot himself. Very sad, but scary, too.

Thread Information