Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 61

Thread: Dayton Ohio mass shooting: 10 dead 26 injured by Conner Betts (24)

  1. #1
    Senior Member blighted star's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Probably South Of You
    Posts
    11,280
    Rep Power
    21474854

    Dayton Ohio mass shooting: 10 dead 26 injured by Conner Betts (24)

    https://www.whio.com/news/crime--law...26CylnDLdZQxM/


    DAYTON — Police are responding to a report of an active shooter in the area of East 5th Street in the Oregon District.

    Initial reports indicate multiple people shot, and medics are responding to the area. Reports also indicate that a shooter is down.

    We are working to learn more and will update this story as we hear more

  2. #2
    Senior Member blighted star's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Probably South Of You
    Posts
    11,280
    Rep Power
    21474854
    Details on this are slow & sketchy, I'm guessing because it's so late at night


    https://mobile.twitter.com/Schreiber...95496897220608
    Attached Images Attached Images

  3. #3
    Senior Member blighted star's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Probably South Of You
    Posts
    11,280
    Rep Power
    21474854
    Witness account
    Attached Images Attached Images

  4. #4
    Senior Member blighted star's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Probably South Of You
    Posts
    11,280
    Rep Power
    21474854
    https://www.whio.com/news/crime--law...26CylnDLdZQxM/


    Police responding to mass shooting in Oregon District

    DAYTON ?

    A shooting with multiple fatalities and several people wounded has occurred at or near Ned Peppers Bar on East Fifth Street in the city of Dayton?s Oregon District. Here?s the latest:

    UPDATE @ 2:12 a.m.:

    We?re hearing that a triage area has been established in the Oregon District and police are checking the bars in the area for any additional victims. Medics are reporting critical patients in the area.

    Some of those same reports are also indicating that medics are directing people being described as ?walking wounded? to Grandview and Kettering hospitals.



    UPDATE @ 2:24 a.m.:

    Unconfirmed reports via police and fire scanners are indicating there may be as many as seven dead and an unknown number of victims wounded in a shooting at or near Ned Peppers Bar, in the 400 block of East Fifth Street.

    Those scanner reports, also unconfirmed, are indicating that police are searching for a possible second shooter who may have left the area.



    UPDATE @ 2:59 a.m.:

    Sources are telling us there are at least 10 people dead and an unknown number of wounded. We?re working to confirm some eyewitness accounts that a person who was denied entry into the bar opened fire.

    In a public Facebook post from a person named James Williams: ?Sad people are not right. I?m safe. Happened right in front of the patio where I was sitting in front of Neds. The guy in front of Ned Peppers? door is the active shooter.

    ?He tried to go into the bar but did not make it through the door. Someone took the gun from him and he got shot and is dead.

    ?There are at least eight people dead right by the picnic table where I was on the street. A bunch of people taken to the hospital. I don?t know how any... this place is a disaster.?

  5. #5
    Senior Member blighted star's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Probably South Of You
    Posts
    11,280
    Rep Power
    21474854
    I'm getting too burnt out from all this shit to even update these threads properly & I'm safe & sound on the other side of the planet ffs.

    I don't know how you all live with this deadly anticipation hanging over you always, I really fucking don't






    9 confirmed dead, 16 transported to hospital in unknown cindition

    Last edited by blighted star; 08-04-2019 at 01:43 AM.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    11,010
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    I'm getting too burnt out from all this shit to even update these threads properly & I'm safe & sound on the other side of the planet ffs.

    I don't know how you all live with this deadly anticipation hanging over you always, I really fucking don't






    9 confirmed dead, 16 transported to hospital in unknown cindition

    What do you mean by living with this deadly anticipation hanging over us?

  7. #7
    Senior Member blighted star's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Probably South Of You
    Posts
    11,280
    Rep Power
    21474854
    Quote Originally Posted by S281Saleen160 View Post
    What do you mean by living with this deadly anticipation hanging over us?
    Meaning you never know where & when one of these fuckheads is going to start blasting the shit out of everyone. It's not fucking normal to live like that unless you're in a literal combat zone.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    11,010
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    Meaning you never know where & when one of these fuckheads is going to start blasting the shit out of everyone. It's not fucking normal to live like that unless you're in a literal combat zone.
    Can't worry about shit like that. Killings happen yes but you cannot walk around scared all of the time. I know I don't.

  9. #9
    Senior Member blighted star's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Probably South Of You
    Posts
    11,280
    Rep Power
    21474854
    Quote Originally Posted by S281Saleen160 View Post
    Can't worry about shit like that. Killings happen yes but you cannot walk around scared all of the time. I know I don't.

    See how fucking crazy this shit is right now? Mass shootings are happening so often we're having this same conversation in 2 threads, about 2 different mass shootings where the blood won't even have been cleaned off the walls yet.

    & I know you all can't walk around jumping at shadows 24/7, but whether you acknowledge it or not, living like that, even temporarily, changes you psychologically & physically.

    & this shit is not temporary.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    11,010
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    See how fucking crazy this shit is right now? Mass shootings are happening so often we're having this same conversation in 2 threads, about 2 different mass shootings where the blood won't even have been cleaned off the walls yet.

    & I know you all can't walk around jumping at shadows 24/7, but whether you acknowledge it or not, living like that, even temporarily, changes you psychologically & physically.

    & this shit is not temporary.
    "Living like that", thats the part I dont understand. Living like what?, is my question. How are we living? I cannot speak for others but for me I go about daily life as I always have shootings or no shootings.

  11. #11
    Senior Member blighted star's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Probably South Of You
    Posts
    11,280
    Rep Power
    21474854
    Quote Originally Posted by S281Saleen160 View Post
    "Living like that", thats the part I dont understand. Living like what?, is my question. How are we living? I cannot speak for others but for me I go about daily life as I always have shootings or no shootings.
    You never worry for people you care about?

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    11,010
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    You never worry for people you care about?
    Not in the way you're thinking. Friday night my daughter went to a concert with her friends, not once did I worry about her being shot and killed by someone shooting up the venue. I wasn't scared for her, I wasn't worried about her safety. Wait, her friend is a new driver so I did in my mind say 'hope she drives there and back safely'. Like I said, I'd worry more about a car accident or a heartattack than a shooting. People die everyday from lots of shit, people do not die everyday from mass shootings. Make sense?

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    4,139
    Rep Power
    0

  14. #14
    Sana sana colita de rana beli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    25,782
    Rep Power
    21474872
    Sad

  15. #15
    Senior Member Non_Saepe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Dayton
    Posts
    418
    Rep Power
    8791963
    This is where I live and work. We got the ring notification last night that a shooting had occurred and at first thought nothing of it because there are random shootings often in Dayton that usually result in just injuries. My dude woke me up this morning to share the tragic news. Waiting to hear if we know anyone who was murdered.

    We can only speculate at this point as to the gunman. Some guesses include a random act of violence when the guy couldn't get into a club and of course white nationalism terrorism, which is interesting because Dayton just hosted a KKK rally a few months back. The group was from Indiana and nine kkk losers showed up but thousands of Daytonians countered protested in one way or another. The Oregon district is the liberal, cool, arts district in Dayton.

    I really don't know. I have my guesses too. Glued to the news.
    Sarcastic. Skeptic Tank. Self-deprecating.

  16. #16
    Senior Member Non_Saepe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Dayton
    Posts
    418
    Rep Power
    8791963
    Local news just reported the police are searching a home in Bellbrook (a fairly wealthy suburb of Dayton) in connection with the shooting. Maybe the home of the shooter?
    Sarcastic. Skeptic Tank. Self-deprecating.

  17. #17
    Senior Member Non_Saepe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Dayton
    Posts
    418
    Rep Power
    8791963
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    See how fucking crazy this shit is right now? Mass shootings are happening so often we're having this same conversation in 2 threads, about 2 different mass shootings where the blood won't even have been cleaned off the walls yet.

    & I know you all can't walk around jumping at shadows 24/7, but whether you acknowledge it or not, living like that, even temporarily, changes you psychologically & physically.

    & this shit is not temporary.

    Most folks I know walk around aware but not necessarily constantly frightened. If you have anxiety (Hi!) you probably walk around worrying about rape, murder, mass shootings, car wrecks, blood cots, etc... but know there isn't much you can do to prevent it.

    For instance, my older son participated in a teen lock-in at the downtown library last night, two blocks from the Oregon district. I certainly had a passing thought as I was dropping him off that a shooting could happen there but it wasn't a crippling enough thought that we stayed home instead. But I always wondered if the rest of the world looks at us and thinks Americans are in constant danger of being shot. Maybe we are but most of us have to go on living because we got shit to do.

    Anywho, the identity has been released:

    https://www.whio.com/news/local/bell...qBqxOQ6kSsdzL/
    Sarcastic. Skeptic Tank. Self-deprecating.

  18. #18
    So very tired raisedbywolves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    11,975
    Rep Power
    21474854
    I was out with friends last night and went to bed and slept in this morning. I turned the news on and they were talking about the shooting and I thought it was the El Paso shooting...then I finally figured out ANOTHER one happened.

    I don't walk around in fear, but it's getting to the point that I am beginning to think about not going to overly crowded places, and if I do making sure I know alternate ways to get out. It's sad.

    NS, hope the victims aren't friends of yours (of course, they are friends of someone).

  19. #19
    Senior Member Non_Saepe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Dayton
    Posts
    418
    Rep Power
    8791963
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    I was out with friends last night and went to bed and slept in this morning. I turned the news on and they were talking about the shooting and I thought it was the El Paso shooting...then I finally figured out ANOTHER one happened.

    I don't walk around in fear, but it's getting to the point that I am beginning to think about not going to overly crowded places, and if I do making sure I know alternate ways to get out. It's sad.

    NS, hope the victims aren't friends of yours (of course, they are friends of someone).
    I too have started to avoid large crowds. For example, I avoided the anti-kkk rally here a few months back because I thought what better place for a violent attack. Better to play it safe.

    So far, those closest to me are all accounted for. (My dude told me an acquaintance of ours and long time bouncer in the Oregon posted on fb that he watched a girl get shot right in front of him. fuck) The Oregon is such a popular gathering spot for a diverse group of people of all ages. If I ever get out in the world, that's where I usually end up. You can walk up and down the historic strip and stop at cool bars and breweries, see live music, buskers, street performances, etc... and then buy a hot dog or taco from a street vendor. One of our favorite breweries decided to open today and donate 100% of sales to the victims families and also offer a gathering place for people to get together. I think my family and I will head down there in a bit (it's right outside the Oregon).

    The local news keeps reporting that the shooter was reported as being 'off' and 'weird'. This bothers me. First of all, it goes without saying that he was off because he fucking shot a bunch of innocent people enjoying a night out.

    I also think it gives the rest of us who are off or weird a bad rap, stigmatizing mental health and all that.
    Sarcastic. Skeptic Tank. Self-deprecating.

  20. #20
    Senior Member Queena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    Posts
    2,271
    Rep Power
    21474844
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    I was out with friends last night and went to bed and slept in this morning. I turned the news on and they were talking about the shooting and I thought it was the El Paso shooting...then I finally figured out ANOTHER one happened.

    I don't walk around in fear, but it's getting to the point that I am beginning to think about not going to overly crowded places, and if I do making sure I know alternate ways to get out. It's sad.

    NS, hope the victims aren't friends of yours (of course, they are friends of someone).
    I don't walk around in fear, but I have practiced what I would do if there was a shooter. It's probably stupid and being fat certainly isn't going to make me blend in. This is horrible.

    Why is it always kids from good neighborhoods? The only kid who didn't come from money was the Maryland mall shooter. The Black kid, oddly enough... He worshiped Columbine too.

  21. #21
    Senior Member Queena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    Posts
    2,271
    Rep Power
    21474844
    Quote Originally Posted by Non_Saepe View Post
    I too have started to avoid large crowds. For example, I avoided the anti-kkk rally here a few months back because I thought what better place for a violent attack. Better to play it safe.

    So far, those closest to me are all accounted for. (My dude told me an acquaintance of ours and long time bouncer in the Oregon posted on fb that he watched a girl get shot right in front of him. fuck) The Oregon is such a popular gathering spot for a diverse group of people of all ages. If I ever get out in the world, that's where I usually end up. You can walk up and down the historic strip and stop at cool bars and breweries, see live music, buskers, street performances, etc... and then buy a hot dog or taco from a street vendor. One of our favorite breweries decided to open today and donate 100% of sales to the victims families and also offer a gathering place for people to get together. I think my family and I will head down there in a bit (it's right outside the Oregon).

    The local news keeps reporting that the shooter was reported as being 'off' and 'weird'. This bothers me. First of all, it goes without saying that he was off because he fucking shot a bunch of innocent people enjoying a night out.

    I also think it gives the rest of us who are off or weird a bad rap, stigmatizing mental health and all that.
    I should have used multi quote.

    I'm worried that it's going to stigmatize autism and other disorders. Being a loner doesn't make mass shooter. If you notice, they always hint at it or try to make comparisons to Adam Lanza.

  22. #22
    Senior Member Non_Saepe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Dayton
    Posts
    418
    Rep Power
    8791963
    List of victims, including the shooter's own sister:

    Lois Olglesby, 27

    Megan Betts, 22 (sister of shooter)

    Said Saleh, 38

    Derrick Fudge, 57

    Logan Turner, 30

    Nicholas Cummer, 25

    Thomas McNichols, 25

    Beatrice Warren Curtis, 36

    Monica Brickhouse, 39

    https://www.whio.com/news/crime--law...26CylnDLdZQxM/

    There will be a press conference at 4 to update with a potential motive.
    Sarcastic. Skeptic Tank. Self-deprecating.

  23. #23
    Senior Member Non_Saepe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Dayton
    Posts
    418
    Rep Power
    8791963
    Quote Originally Posted by Queena View Post
    I should have used multi quote.

    I'm worried that it's going to stigmatize autism and other disorders. Being a loner doesn't make mass shooter. If you notice, they always hint at it or try to make comparisons to Adam Lanza.
    (Sorry I'm posting so much, it's just in my backyard.)

    I hate when they interview people who knew the shooters in these situations and they always say shit like "I'm not surprised, dude was weird." We are all weird in our way, this is just hindsight and trying to make sense of violence.
    Sarcastic. Skeptic Tank. Self-deprecating.

  24. #24
    Save Bandit! Angiebla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    10,137
    Rep Power
    21474853
    Quote Originally Posted by Non_Saepe View Post
    List of victims, including the shooter's own sister:

    Lois Olglesby, 27

    Megan Betts, 22 (sister of shooter)

    Said Saleh, 38

    Derrick Fudge, 57

    Logan Turner, 30

    Nicholas Cummer, 25

    Thomas McNichols, 25

    Beatrice Warren Curtis, 36

    Monica Brickhouse, 39

    https://www.whio.com/news/crime--law...26CylnDLdZQxM/

    There will be a press conference at 4 to update with a potential motive.
    It can’t be a coincidence that the shooters sister was a victim. I guess she was his original target and the rest of the victims were collateral?

    "The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

  25. #25
    Senior Member Music's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Yeah, where the fuck am I?
    Posts
    972
    Rep Power
    12169716
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    I'm getting too burnt out from all this shit to even update these threads properly & I'm safe & sound on the other side of the planet ffs.

    I don't know how you all live with this deadly anticipation hanging over you always, I really fucking don't
    It's always in the back of my mind whenever I go somewhere, but I don't let it scare me from doing things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Why?

    Because I don't like anal penetration sex between men, I don't.

    Just because I don't like anal sex, doesn't make me any less gay or unable to be loved.

    I can't be the only one out here, I'm just not. Don't worry about it. Mind your fucking business.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •