Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: El Paso Walmart mass shooting: 22 killed and 26 injured by Patrick Crusius (21)

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    What kind of psycho says and does these kind of things?

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/08/polit...age/index.html

Only President Neurosyphillis.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    What kind of psycho says and does these kind of things?

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/08/polit...age/index.html
    Ask Saleen, he's the one with a boner for Trump.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...at-white-house
    One of the people President Trump honored for his heroism during a mass shooting in an El Paso Walmart last month was arrested by the Secret Service during his visit to the White House on Monday due to an outstanding criminal warrant, law enforcement officials told the Washington Examiner.

Police say his tale of heroics does not match video evidence. Chris Grant, 50, was shot in the ribs and a kidney during the Aug. 3 rampage that claimed 22 lives. He was not present for a White House ceremony Monday, but his mother Minnie Grant, 82, accepted a signed certificate on his behalf.

Grant said in a series of interviews that he sought to spare fellow shoppers by picking up bottles and throwing them at the gunman, with at least one hitting or nearly striking him. A Gofundme account raised $16,917 on his behalf. Grant was photographed when he arrived at Washington's Reagan-National Airport and outside the White House with his family.

"Nobody bothered to check with us," said El Paso police spokesman Sgt. Enrique Carrillo. "They would have been informed, as I am telling you now, that our detectives reviewed hours of video and his actions did not match his account." Carrillo said Grant was visible in footage from the store, but he did not say what he was doing during the massacre. "His statements were inconsistent with what was revealed on video," Carrillo said.

He was arrested by the Secret Service for being a "fugitive from justice," according to a spokesperson for the Washington Metropolitan Police Department.

Grant has a criminal record for theft and evading arrest, according to Texas court documents reviewed by the Washington Examiner. He was sentenced to eight months in prison for car theft in March, after pleading guilty to stealing a silver 2009 Mazda 6. In 2016, he pleaded guilty and was also sentenced to 18 days in jail for stealing TVs from a Sears in Richardson, Texas. He pleaded guilty to evading arrest in Collins County in 2016.

A Secret Service spokesperson said: “On Monday, Sept. 9, 2019, a White House visitor with an arrest warrant was temporarily detained by U.S. Secret Service Uniformed Division Officers. It was subsequently determined that while the arrest warrant was still active, the agency that issued the warrant would not extradite, at which time the individual was released from Secret Service custody.”

Grant's account was broadcast to a national audience by CNN host Chris Cuomo last month, before Trump shared the account with a White House audience on Monday.

"To deter him, I started just chucking bottles, I just started throwing bottles, random bottles at him," Grant told Cuomo. "And I'm not a baseball player, so one went this way, one went that way. And then one went right towards him and then that's when he saw me ... When I got hit, it was like somebody put a hand grenade in my back and pulled the pin."

https://abc7chicago.com/memorial-unv...oting/5716183/

EL PASO, Texas -- A memorial has been unveiled honoring the 22 people who were killed in an Aug. 3 shooting at a Walmart in El Paso, Texas.

The 30-foot tall golden obelisk called the "Grand Candela" was revealed to the public Saturday morning in the parking lot of the Walmart, which reopened recently for the first time since the shooting in which police say the gunman targeted Mexicans.

A private lighting was held Friday night for the families of those who died and for those who survived the attack, in which 25 people were wounded.

"Be a beacon of hope for the survivors and a lasting reminder to all the enduring strength, resiliency and love that unites El Paso," said Walmart Regional Manager Todd Peterson.

Police say 21-year-old Patrick Crusius drove more than 10 hours from his home near Dallas to carry out the attack in the border city of El Paso, which is home to many Latinos.

Crusius has pleaded not guilty to capital murder charges in the attack. Prosecutors plan to seek the death penalty.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/06/us/el...ent/index.html

The man accused of killing 22 people and injuring nearly two dozen more in a mass shooting at a Walmart store in El Paso, Texas, has been indicted on 90 federal charges, including hate crimes, court documents show.

Patrick Crusius has been charged with hate crimes resulting in death, hate crimes involving an attempt to kill, use of a firearm to commit murder and in relation to a crime of violence, and use of a firearm during and in relation to a crime of violence, according to the indictment unsealed Thursday.

The charges relate to the 22 people who were killed as well as 23 other victims who survived the August 3 massacre -- one of the nation's deadliest shootings and the deadliest attack on Latinos in modern US history.

CNN has reached out to Crusius' attorneys for comment.

Crusius is accused of killing and harming the victims "because of the actual and perceived national origin of any person," the indictment states.

Federal authorities previously said they were treating the case as domestic terrorism but have not filed any charges against the alleged shooter. Since a person can't be charged with domestic terrorism, law enforcement officials such as the FBI have to find related crimes such as murder, illegal weapons possession and hate crimes in order to arrest and charge suspects.

On Thursday, US Attorney John F. Bash told reporters the indictment was a "significant step" toward seeking swift and certain justice for the victims and said it was "tremendously important" to citizens of the United States and Mexico.

"This attack deeply scarred this community," Bash said.

The alleged shooter is expected to make his first appearance in federal court on February 12.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ow-23-n1193016

A man shot in the Aug. 3 attack targeting Latinos in an El Paso Walmart died after months in the hospital, raising the death toll from the attack to 23, according to a hospital official.

“After a nearly nine-month fight, our hearts are heavy as we report Guillermo ‘Memo’ Garcia, our last remaining patient being treated from the El Paso shooting, has passed away,” said Del Sol Medical Center CEO David Shimp.

Garcia and his wife Jessica Coca Garcia were fundraising for their daughter’s soccer team in the Walmart parking lot when the suspected gunman opened fire that Saturday morning.

Garcia is survived by his wife, who suffered leg wounds but recovered. A week after the shooting, she rose from her wheelchair to give a speech across the road from the county jail where the suspected shooter was being held.

“Racism is something I always wanted to think didn’t exist. Obviously, it does,” she said.

The suspect, Dallas-area man Patrick Crusius, 21, remains in the same jail awaiting trial. State prosecutors have charged him with murder and are pursuing the death penalty, and federal prosecutors charged him with hate crimes.

https://kfoxtv.com/news/local/murder...set-06-25-2022

A trial date has been set for the suspected shooter, Patrick Crusius, who killed 23 people on August 3, 2019 at the Cielo Vista Walmart in El Paso.

Crusius posted a racist creed online just before the attack and appeared to target Mexicans, according to prosecutors.

Judge Guaderrama set the date for the jury trial to begin on January 8, 2024, according to court documents obtained by KFOX14.

He's charged with capital murder in Texas and federal hate crimes and firearms offenses.

Federal prosecutors wanted the trial to begin 2023.

The defense team wanted the trial set for 2025, according to the documents.

What's sad is that the US has so many mass shootings that I forgot about this one.

Quote Originally Posted by moosella View Post
    What's sad is that the US has so many mass shootings that I forgot about this one.
    Same here I saw the headline and gasped like it had happened today

I totally didnt register this one either and I even posted in this thread. Kambling ruined it for me.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Thread Information