Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: El Paso Walmart mass shooting: 22 killed and 26 injured by Patrick Crusius (21)

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    Nobody's got freedom to begin with. If you can't walk outside & go about your daily life without wondering if before lunch you'll cop a bullet to the head yourself, or watch someone else die - then you're not fucking free.
    I think you answered my question, not everyone walks around scared, I know I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by S281Saleen160 View Post
    I think you answered my question, not everyone walks around scared, I know I don't.
    'Cos you're conditioned to it.

& that's not a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    'Cos you're conditioned to it.

& that's not a good thing.
    LoL. You're crazy, I'm not conditioned to anything. Before I went to bed last night I heard about the el paso shit....when I woke up this morning I read about the shit in ohio.
    My day so far.....its 8am here, I got up at 5:30am.... I left my house this morning about 6am, went to breakfast never thinking or wondering if someone was going to shoot up the diner....after I ate I went to walmart to get my cleaning products and a few other things, not once did I think or wonder if I was gonna be shot and killed in walmart. Cannot leave home everyday scared and hoping not to be killed by someone shooting shit up. Its normal behavior to go about your business, has nothing to do with being conditioned. More people drop dead daily from heartattacks than are killed in walmart. Should someone live there life scared all the time of dropping dead from a heartattack?, no. Shouldnt be scared of being killed at walmart either.

You can say it doesn't affect you all you like but the truth is that you can't know for sure, because you've never known life without it.

I'm almost like saleen in that sense, but there is a bit of conditioning there that caused me to be that way. In order to not be a walking anxiety ball fearful of what may happen to my kids, husband or myself, enjoy life.
    When I first read about this, I immediately thought this was the just what the POS that did the mosque killings in New Zealand was talking about in his manifesto. Where next? Quinces? Fiestas Patrias celebrations? It's scary, but these fuckers aren't going to control how I choose to enjoy my life. I choose to live it cautiously, but not under some psycho's control of wondering whether or not I'll be shot in the head for stepping into a store. If that happens, did I have a full life up until then? Otherwise, they won.

Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    I'm almost like saleen in that sense, but there is a bit of conditioning there that caused me to be that way. In order to not be a walking anxiety ball fearful of what may happen to my kids, husband or myself, enjoy life.
    When I first read about this, I immediately thought this was the just what the POS that did the mosque killings in New Zealand was talking about in his manifesto. Where next? Quinces? Fiestas Patrias celebrations? It's scary, but these fuckers aren't going to control how I choose to enjoy my life. I choose to live it cautiously, but not under some psycho's control of wondering whether or not I'll be shot in the head for stepping into a store. If that happens, did I have a full life up until then? Otherwise, they won.
    Yeah, I get not changing the way you live because of them, I wouldn't want to either. It's more that it's always going to be in the back of your mind at some level because there isn't even a cooling off period between news cycles any more

Quote Originally Posted by S281Saleen160 View Post
    Cool. A lot of us do, though.

Quote Originally Posted by KambingSociety View Post
    Hey maybe its time for a complete shutdown of "white Christian terrorism" in the USA and shut down the first and second amendments in the USA since nobody can handle freedom.
    Uh yeah. White Christian Terrorism needs to go. Fucking duh.
    Sarcastic. Skeptic Tank. Self-deprecating.

https://abc7.com/mexico-planning-leg...oting/5442929/

EL PASO, Texas -- Mexico's foreign minister said Sunday the country plans to take legal action against whoever sold the gun to the man suspected of killing at least 20 people and wounding more than two dozen others at a Walmart in El Paso, Texas.

As of Sunday, six Mexican nationals are confirmed dead and another seven injured in connection with Saturday's deadly shooting rampage, according to Mexico's government.

Marcelo Ebrard, the country's foreign minister, said Sunday that "it's urgent that we take corresponding actions against weapons." Ebrard has frequently cited the flood of illegal weapons from the U.S. to Mexico as a factor in Mexico's rising rate of violent crime.

Gun ownership is highly restricted in Mexico, requiring special permits, and gun shops are rare. The average Mexican has trouble legally acquiring a handgun, much less an assault weapon.

Ebrard also called Saturday's shooting "a terrorist act" against Mexicans and urged the U.S. government to "set a clear position against hate crimes."

The suspect in the shooting, Patrick Crusius, told investigators he wanted to shoot as many Mexicans as possible, two law enforcement officials told ABC News. Crusius is currently being held on capital murder charges, and prosecutors have said they will seek the death penalty. Additional federal charges could be filed.

The attack targeted a shopping area about 5 miles from the main border checkpoint with Ciudad Ju?rez, Mexico. The Walmart and adjacent mall are popular with shoppers from both sides of the border.

https://abc7.com/what-we-know-about-...ctims/5442975/

EL PASO, Texas -- In the border town of El Paso, Texas, a gunman opened fire Saturday morning, leaving 20 people dead and more than two dozen injured. As of Sunday, six Mexican nationals are confirmed dead and another seven injured in connection with the deadly shooting rampage, according to Mexico's government.

Here are some of their stories:

JORDAN ANCHONDO

Jordan Anchondo was among those killed in El Paso, Anchondo's sister said, and she apparently died while protecting her 2-month-old son from the hail of bullets.

Leta Jamrowski of El Paso spoke to The Associated Press as she paced a waiting room at the University Medical Center of El Paso, where her 2-month-old nephew was being treated for broken bones - the result of his mother's fall.

"From the baby's injuries, they said that more than likely my sister was trying to shield him," she said. "So when she got shot she was holding him and she fell on him, so that's why he broke some of his bones. So he pretty much lived because she gave her life."

Jordan, a mother of three, and Andre Anchondo had dropped off her 5-year old daughter at cheerleading practice before going to shop for school supplies on Saturday at a Walmart in El Paso. They never returned.

--

ANDRE ANCHONDO

Andre Anchondo - the husband of Jordan Anchondo, who was killed in El Paso - recently turned his life around after struggles with drug dependence and run-ins with the law, a friend recalled.

The friend, Koteiba "Koti" Azzam, made calls on Sunday to learn the whereabouts of his friend, who remained unaccounted for.

"I love the guy," Azzam said in a phone interview from San Marcos, Texas, where he attends Texas State University. "He had the character and the charisma."

Azzam said Anchondo had started a business in El Paso, building things from granite and stone, and made it successful through hard work. He also was on the verge of completing a home for his family. Now, his wife is dead and he himself might not have survived.

"It makes you question your faith almost," said Azzam, who is Muslim. "But God didn't have a part in it. The hands of man altered my friends' life in a drastic way."

---
    JESSICA COCA GARCIA and MEMO GARCIA

Jessica Coca Garcia and Memo Garcia were at the Walmart in El Paso to raise funds for a youth sports team one of their children played on when a gunman opened fire, wounding them, a relative says.

Norma Coca told Wichita, Kansas-television station KWCH that her daughter and son-in-law were near the front doors of the Walmart when they were shot.

Coca, who lives in Salina, Kansas, said her daughter, Jessica Coca Garcia, was shot three times in the leg. She says her son-in-law, Memo Garcia, was shot twice in the leg and once in the back. She said her daughter was in stable condition and her son-in-law was in critical condition.

Jessica Coca Garcia's father, Don Coca, said they have family in the El Paso area who were able to be with the couple. Don Coca says: "She was just crying ... I told her that our prayers are there and we're on our way."

The couple's 5-year-old son and 11-year-old daughter were also at the Walmart and were not shot.

---

MARIO DE ALBA

Mario de Alba, 45, had come to El Paso with his family from Mexico to go shopping.

Described by his sister Cristina de Alba as an "excellent father" and as a "decent, hardworking person," he was in serious condition Sunday after being shot in the back, the bullet exiting via his diaphragm.

His wife, Olivia Mariscal, and 10-year-old daughter Erika both appear to be recovering after also being wounded, de Alba said from the El Paso hospital where her brother is being treated.

The family lives in Chihuahua, Mexico -- a four-hour drive south of El Paso -- and was buying school supplies in the Texas city. El Paso is a popular shopping destination for people who live in northern Mexico.

Mario de Alba's Facebook page shows him as a devoted father to Erika.

In one picture, taken in a living room, Erika cups her hand in the shape of a heart in front of an entertainment center. 0n the shelves behind her are the words FAMILY and PEACE in bold letters.

---

JAVIER RODRIGUEZ

Family members confirmed to ABC News Sunday that they had been informed of the passing of 15-year-old Javier Rodriguez.

---

MARIBEL LATIN

Maribel Latin was shot in her arm and her foot outside of the Walmart. Speaking to ABC News from her hospital bed, she recalled the harrowing shooting: "He shot at us individually...and then he came walking toward us to make sure we all got shot again and killed...He shot eight more rounds and all I could say was, 'God, please take care of my children and please don't let him do anything to [my daughter]."

https://abc7news.com/mom-killed-shie...-says/5442270/

EL PASO, Texas -- A 25-year-old woman who was shot while apparently shielding her young son was among the 20 people killed when a gunman opened fire in a crowded El Paso shopping area, her sister said.

RELATED: 20 dead, dozens injured in mass shooting at El Paso Walmart

Leta Jamrowski, 19, of El Paso, learned Saturday afternoon that her sister Jordan Anchondo had been shot to death at Walmart while shopping for back-to-school supplies earlier in the day. Jamrowski spoke to The Associated Press as she paced a waiting room at the University Medical Center of El Paso, where her nephew was being treated for broken bones - the result of his mother's fall.

"From the baby's injuries, they said that more than likely my sister was trying to shield him," she said. "So when she got shot she was holding him and she fell on him, so that's why he broke some of his bones. So he pretty much lived because she gave her life."

Anchondo was the mother of three children.

Jamrowski spent the night desperately awaiting word of whether her brother-in-law, Andre Anchondo, had survived the attack that also wounded more than two dozen.

"They said that if he were alive, more than likely he would have gotten in contact by now," Jamrowski said.

Representative Veronica Escobar said that the mall was at the center of the community, adding that it's where she and her family shop.

"El Paso has historically been a very safe community. We've been safe for decades. We will continue to be safe," Escobar added. "This is someone who came from outside of our community to do us harm. A community that has shown nothing but generosity and kindness to the least among us. Those people arriving at America's front door."

Mexico President Andr?s Manuel L?pez Obrador said three Mexicans were killed in the shooting. He tweeted Saturday that he sends "condolences to the families of the victims, both American and Mexican."

Mexican Foreign Relations Secretary Marcelo Ebrard said six Mexicans also were wounded in the shooting, including 45-year-old Mario de Alba Montes, 44-year-old Olivia Mariscal Rodr?guez and 10-year-old Erika de Alba Mariscal. Ebrard says the man and woman are from Chihuahua. He said the other three wounded Mexicans, whose names weren't given, were two men and a woman from Torre?n, in Coahuila state, and Ciudad Juarez.

RELATED: Patrick Crusius identified as El Paso suspected shooter

As for the shooter, who authorities have identified as Patrick Crusius, 21, of Allen, Texas, Escobar said "this individual came not from within the community, but outside of it."

"In this country, we have a gun violence epidemic but we also have a hate epidemic," Escobar added. "And until we confront that hate and until we confront the weak gun laws that we have we're going to keep seeing this."

In El Paso, police Chief Greg Allen said authorities are examining a "manifesto," that they believe was written by the shooter and shows a possible "nexus" to a hate crime.

RELATED: Trump, politicians respond to El Paso shootings

Beto O'Rourke, a Democratic presidential candidate and an El Paso native, held a news conference on a street corner opposite the hospital as the sun set, recounting his visit with wounded victims, including a woman who had a bullet pass through her lungs.

"I told them that I am so amazed at how strong they are," the former U.S. congressman said.

Ryan Mielke, a spokesman for University Medical Center of El Paso, said 13 people were brought to the hospital with injuries, including one who died. Two of the injured were children who were being transferred to El Paso Children's Hospital, he said. Eleven other victims were being treated at Del Sol Medical Center, hospital spokesman Victor Guerrero said. Those victims' ages ranged from 35 to 82, he said.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...eadly-n1039096

Congrats to Mexico for taking action against the USA for calling for legal action over gun violence.

Mexico on Sunday threatened to take legal action against the United States for failing to protect its citizens after this weekend's mass shooting in the border city of El Paso.

Of the 20 people gunned down at a Walmart at the Cielo Vista Mall, at least six were Mexican citizens, and Foreign Minister Marcelo Ebrard promised Mexico City will act.

Ebrard called Saturday's shooting an ?act of barbarism.?

?The president has instructed me to ensure that Mexico?s indignation translates into ... efficient, prompt, expeditious and forceful legal actions for Mexico to take a role and demand that conditions are established that protect ... Mexicans in the United States,? Ebrard said in a video posted on Twitter.

Of the 26 injured in the attack, at least nine were Mexican nationals, according to the government.

El Paso, America's 22nd-largest city with an estimated population of 682,669, is more than 80 percent Hispanic or Latino, according to U.S. census data. El Paso sits just across the Rio Grande from Ciudad Ju?rez, which has a population of 1.3 million.

The shooter appears to have been targeting Hispanics and authorities are investigating it as a hate crime. A 21-year-old Texas man was in custody.

Quote Originally Posted by KambingSociety View Post
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...eadly-n1039096

Congrats to Mexico for taking action against the USA for calling for legal action over gun violence.
    That's some bullshit. Mexico can't even prevent it's own citizens from dying by gun fire, the cartels have killed hundreds upon hundreds of people in the streets of mexico!

Can anyone link the manifesto?

https://www.newsweek.com/its-come-th...pinion-1452563

What more evidence do we need that white nationalist anger about race-mixing and being "replaced" by people of color is inciting mass murder in the United States?

Minutes before a gunman killed at least 20 people and injured dozens more in a shooting rampage on Saturday at the Cielo Vista mall in El Paso, Texas, a manifesto appeared online that celebrated the deadly attack on Muslims in Christchurch, New Zealand, and warned of a "Hispanic invasion" of the American Southwest. The document's author, authorities believe, is the 21-year-old white male suspect they have in custody.

The talking points of the manifesto—posted on 8chan, a message board simmering with racism, misogyny and xenophobia—are predictable, if clunkily presented, components of today's white nationalism. These ideas do predate Donald Trump, but the president is emboldening them. He is spurring a cadre of young, disaffected white men with easy access to military assault weapons who are convinced that the preservation of white America demands a vigilante war against racial others.

"How do you stop these people? You can't," Trump said in May at a rally in Florida. "Shoot them!" someone in the crowd yelled back, bringing a smile to the president's face.
    The four-page document contains a hodgepodge of complaints about the direction of American society that, on first blush, might not seem related—but they betray the particular and dangerous permutations of contemporary white nationalism in the United States.

Unsurprising is the consternation expressed about demographic change in Texas, alongside anxieties about reduced economic opportunities for whites. Yet the manifesto also includes references to Dr. Seuss' eco-conscious tale-turned-film The Lorax and rants about the environmental destruction caused by plastic and garbage. Taken together, however, these reflect interwoven existential racist tropes about pollution and defilement, ostensibly wrought by an American lifestyle seen as pandering to diversity and multiculturalism, and enslaved to a culture of immediate gratification with little care for the future. Undergirding these apocalyptic fears is deep-seated nostalgia for a pristine white America that never was.

The manifesto reveals a fever dream of the ethnostate: that whites must create a homogeneous homeland where at least 90 percent of the population is purely white, with no drops of color. On this exclusionary map, the United States would be segregated into racially distinct territories where cultural and genetic similarity would reign supreme, reflecting the neo-fascist ordering that the alt-right commonly refers to as "human biodiversity."

The ethnostate is a cornerstone of white nationalism. It was first elaborated by the pseudonymous writer Wilmot Robertson in his 1992 book, The Ethnostate: An Unblinkered Prospectus for an Advanced Statecraft, in which he proposed that the only way to save white America was to divide the country into stark racial regions. Built out of anti-Semitism and xenophobia, and bolstered by eugenic visions of a flourishing land full of white women breeding at maximum capacity, Robertson's white ethnostate twisted ecological notions of bioregions into a racist topography.

The ethnostate is the pipe dream for white nationalists, explored in detail on websites such as Counter-Currents and the Daily Stormer, and mulled over in the toxic digital corridors of Gab and 8chan.

According to white nationalists, the foremost tactics for forging a white ethnostate are the forced and incentivized removals of non-white peoples, through repatriation and deportation, the revocation of birthright citizenship, ideally retroactively, as well as the annulment of naturalization of those lacking "good character." One especially horrific conceit of the proposed white ethnostate is the purging of non-white children, given that they embody America's multiracial future and portend the coming of "white genocide."

https://patch.com/us/across-america/...-end-gun-sales

Walmart CEO Doug McMillon said the retailing giant will be "thoughtful and deliberate" as it responds to pressure to get out of the gun business after two mass shootings last weekend in El Paso, Texas, and Dayton, Ohio, claimed 31 lives and injured dozens of others.

The El Paso shooting, carried out Saturday by a gunman wielding an AK-47-style assault weapon, occurred in and outside of one of the company's supercenter stores. Twenty-two people died in that attack. On July 30, two employees at a Southhaven, Mississippi, Walmart store were killed and a police officer was wounded by a disgruntled employee who had been fired.

"As it becomes clear that the shooting in El Paso was motivated by hate, we're more resolved than ever to foster an inclusive environment where all people are valued and welcomed. Our store in El Paso is well known as a tight-knit community hub, where we serve customers from both sides of the border. I continue to be amazed at the strength and resilience we find in the diversity of communities where we live and work," McMillon wrote Tuesday in a lengthy statement on his Instagram page.

McMillon said Walmart is "a learning organization, and we'll work to understand the many important issues arising from El Paso and Southaven as well as those raised in the broader national discussion around gun violence. We'll be thoughtful and deliberate in our responses, and will act in a way that reflects our best values and ideals, focused on the needs of our customers, associates and communities."

Shootings at the company's stores include not only Saturday's El Paso massacre and the July 30 attack at the Mississippi Walmart, but also a November 2017 rampage in which three Walmart customers were killed by a gunman in Colorado.

Walmart, the nation's biggest retailer and largest private employer, hasn't sold the kind of gun used in the El Paso shooting in years. In 2015, it stopped selling the type of gun used in Sunday's Dayton, Ohio, shooting that killed nine. Walmart raised the minimum age to buy a gun to 21 after the Parkland, Florida, school massacre in 2018.

Gun violence over the past two weeks — including a shooting at the Gilroy Garlic Festival in California on July 28 that killed three — has sparked increased criticism of Walmart over gun sales. The company said in a statement after Saturday's mass shooting in El Paso that it was "in shock," but many people on social media, including celebrities, said that as a major firearms seller, Walmart's words were hollow and the retailer should stop selling guns.

Walmart does go beyond current federal laws regulating firearms sales and requires background checks before purchase, but Andrew Ross Sorkin, a columnist for The New York Times, wrote Monday in an open letter to the Walmart CEO that "in the depths of this crisis lies an opportunity: for you to help end this violence."

"You, singularly, have a greater chance to use your role as the chief executive of the country's largest retailer and largest seller of guns — with greater sway over the entire ecosystem that controls gun sales in the United States than any other individual in corporate America," Sorkin wrote.

The El Paso shooting wasn't the fault of McMillon, and the legally purchased guns used in El Paso and Dayton were not bought at Walmart, he wrote, but he added "it is your moral responsibility" to help end gun violence.

" … Guns in America travel through a manufacturing and supply chain that relies on banks like Wells Fargo, software companies like Microsoft, and delivery and logistics giants like Federal Express and UPS. All of those companies, in turn, count Walmart as a crucial client."

"Economists have a term for the kind of influence you wield: economic leverage.

"Walmart has used this leverage for years over its suppliers, partners, distributors, rivals — even cities and states."

He went on to point out that other CEOs, including Marc Benioff of Salesforce, have pushed their companies to stop working with retailers that sell weapons, high-capacity ammunition magazines and accessories that increase the firing capacity of guns.

"The 22 people who died in your store this past weekend deserve more than words of consolation to their families," the letter concluded. "They deserve a leader who is going to work to make sure it never happens again."

Other companies have gotten out of the gun business, including Dick's Sporting Goods, which banned assault weapons in 2018 and removed guns from stores earlier. Ed Stack, the company's chief executive, was among four CEOs who signed a letter supporting the universal gun control bill passed by the U.S. House of Representatives. He also joined Everytown For Gun Safety, a nonprofit founded by former New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg that advocates for gun control.

A study earlier this year concluded that reducing the availability of guns can reduce gun violence. The researchers concluded that states with more permissive gun laws and greater gun ownership had higher rates of mass shootings, and that a growing divide appears to be emerging between restrictive and permissive states.

https://abc7chicago.com/memorial-unv...oting/5716183/

EL PASO, Texas -- A memorial has been unveiled honoring the 22 people who were killed in an Aug. 3 shooting at a Walmart in El Paso, Texas.

The 30-foot tall golden obelisk called the "Grand Candela" was revealed to the public Saturday morning in the parking lot of the Walmart, which reopened recently for the first time since the shooting in which police say the gunman targeted Mexicans.

A private lighting was held Friday night for the families of those who died and for those who survived the attack, in which 25 people were wounded.

"Be a beacon of hope for the survivors and a lasting reminder to all the enduring strength, resiliency and love that unites El Paso," said Walmart Regional Manager Todd Peterson.

Police say 21-year-old Patrick Crusius drove more than 10 hours from his home near Dallas to carry out the attack in the border city of El Paso, which is home to many Latinos.

Crusius has pleaded not guilty to capital murder charges in the attack. Prosecutors plan to seek the death penalty.

What's sad is that the US has so many mass shootings that I forgot about this one.

Quote Originally Posted by moosella View Post
    What's sad is that the US has so many mass shootings that I forgot about this one.
    Same here I saw the headline and gasped like it had happened today

I totally didnt register this one either and I even posted in this thread. Kambling ruined it for me.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/el-paso-wa...ry?id=96634412

El Paso Walmart shooter to plead guilty in racist 2019 massacre

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    https://abcnews.go.com/US/el-paso-wa...ry?id=96634412

El Paso Walmart shooter to plead guilty in racist 2019 massacre
    Well, it will save the families from reliving the event and getting details that they don't want to hear. However, that usually means he gets some sort of deal. As long as he's behind bars for life, then it's all good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

https://www.elpasotimes.com/story/ne...s/69881963007/

Admitted white supremacist pleads guilty to El Paso Walmart shooting charges

Patrick Crusius, 24, pleaded guilty Wednesday to 90 charges in connection with the Aug. 3, 2019, mass shooting. The charges included 23 counts of hate crimes resulting in death, 23 counts of use of a firearm to commit murder during and in relation to a crime of violence, 22 counts of hate crimes involving an attempt to kill, and 22 counts of use of a firearm during and in relation to a crime of violence.
    The prosecutors recommended that he receive 90 consecutive life sentences. The judge will consider sentencing in June.

Thread Information