Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: David Kallenberger (47) missing from Lafayette, IN, enroute to Florida, since 3/15/16

David Kallenberger (47) missing from Lafayette, IN, enroute to Florida, since 3/15/16

http://wlfi.com/2016/04/04/police-se...fayette-man-2/

The Indiana State Police are search for a missing 47-year-old man from Lafayette.

David Kallenberger, of 1900 N. 15th Street, was reported missing to the Indiana State Police on March 28. His sister stated he had left Lafayette on March 15 and was heading to Florida to meet up with her, but he had not arrived.

According to an ISP news release, the last contact made with Kallenberger was on March 15 when a trooper had been sent to Interstate 65 near the 86 mile-marker in Johnson County. The trooper talked with Kallenberger about his status, and he said his motorcycle had broken down and he had help in route.

Kallenberger told police he didn?t need any assistance and the trooper left him with his motorcycle. Later on, troopers returned to find the motorcycle, but did not find Kallenberger. The motorcycle was towed to a secure lot.

No one has seen or heard from Kallenberger since that day and his wife and sister reported him missing. His information was submitted into the missing person?s data base on March 29.

Kallenberger is a white male, 5 feet 9 inches tall, 200 pounds, with blue eyes and a shaved head. He has numerous tattoos on his arms, head and neck, as well as piercings on his left eyebrow and left ear.

If anyone has seen Kallenberger, please contact the Indiana State Police Lafayette Post at 765-567-2125 and ask for Sgt. Jerry Holeman or call your local law enforcement agency with any information.
    I think this is his FB: https://www.facebook.com/david.kallenberger.5

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Doesn't sound good.

That is his FB - here is his wife's FB: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php...5953&ref=br_rs

Does not sound good at all. A Man may leave his family behind, but he never leaves his bike. For fear of getting screamed at by family, I'm sorry but his wife is all over the shop with her posts. Just odd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    I know, right? What the fuck, puke? Willing to take in Boston, an Irish dude and like, 17 dogs but not Ron? poor Ron.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Does not sound good at all. A Man may leave his family behind, but he never leaves his bike. For fear of getting screamed at by family, I'm sorry but his wife is all over the shop with her posts. Just odd.

Yeah, his wife is something.

http://www.dailyjournal.net/view/loc...e-m_1461986802

Search for missing Lafayette man continues

More than a month has passed since a Lafayette man was last seen near Edinburgh, and his family and police are searching for answers.

David Kallenberger, 47, was headed to Florida to visit his sister, Kim Hanson, on March 15 when his Harley Davidson motorcycle broke down and stranded him alongside Interstate 65 just a few miles north of the Edinburgh exit.

An Indiana State Police trooper stopped to help, but Kallenberger told the officer he had help on the way, said Sgt. Jerry Holman of the Indiana State Police.

When a trooper went by the same location the next day, Kallenberger?s Harley Davidson was still sitting on the shoulder of I-65, his personal belongings still with the motorcycle, but Kallenberger was nowhere to be found, Holman said.

Hanson got a call from Kallenberger around 2:30 p.m. March 15, the day his bike broke down, she said. The phone call was brief, as Kallenberger only called to let her know his bike was broken down, she said.

He hasn?t been seen since. On March 28, Kallenberger was reported missing and entered into the national missing persons database, Holman said.

State police have sent a three-man team to search the area near I-65, north of the Edinburgh exit, where Kallenberger was last seen talking to people, Holman said. A helicopter also was used by the state police to search five miles to the north, east, west and south of the location where he was last seen near I-65, but nothing was found, Holman said.

?We checked that area thoroughly. We are doing everything we can,? Holman said. ?A lot of our successes are based on tips and leads from the public. But nothing is coming in. We don?t know if foul play was involved ? we don?t have any leads that could determine foul play. We just know he?s missing.?

On Friday, volunteers from the Community United Effort, or CUE, Center for Missing Persons assisted in a search near County Road 700E, west of I-65.

As more time passes since Kallenberger was last seen, it won?t be uncommon for volunteers working through organizations such as the CUE Center to join in the search efforts, said Debby Dyer, area director for the Doe Network. The Doe Network provides profiles, or potential identity matches when human remains are found to help with identifying the person in hopes of bringing closure to family and friends seeking answers and a resolution, Dyer said.

Kallenberger is among at least four people who have gone missing from Johnson County in recent decades. In 1993, Lola Fry, then 28, when was last seen in Greenwood. Brookley Louks, 19, was last seen in Greenwood before she disappeared in June 2002. And in September 2006, 42-year-old Edinburgh resident Walter Smith Jr. was last seen in the mobile home community where he lived before he disappeared.

Smith Jr. was about to open a restaurant when he disappeared.

His car was found in Franklin.

Louks is presumed dead, and police had a suspect in her death, but he died before police could build a case. Her body has not been found.

And in November 1993, Lola Fry was on her way to Fort Wayne, but never arrived at her destination and was never seen or heard from again. Her car also was never found.

The Doe Network keeps up-to-date tips, leads and information of the victims, their photos, and most importantly the city or town in which they were last seen. The intent is to have a profile ready to submit if human remains are ever found in those areas to assist police, and quickly determine if the remains are connected to the disappearance of that person, Dyer said.

Hanson is determined to find her brother and any answers that can explain his disappearance, Dyer said.

?The Doe Network finds answers for the families,? Dyer said. ?And it?s not discouraging when we can?t find those answers, it?s motivating. We work hard to find answers for the family members and it lets them know their loved one has not been forgotten.?

Dyer has been in touch with Hanson following Kallenberger?s disappearance.

Next weekend, Hanson is coming to Indiana to get involved with the search efforts and she isn?t leaving until she has answers, she said.

Like many of the families Dyer assists, Hanson is already preparing for the worst-case scenario if her brother is ever found.

?I believe my brother is dead or was injured and unable to get anywhere to get help,? Hanson said. ?I?m coming up and I?m staying there until this is resolved. It?s my brother, I set him on the road to come down here. Now it?s my responsibility to find him.?

http://www.jconline.com/story/news/l...help/84495152/

Missing man's sister pleads for help

No one has heard from David Kallenberger in the two months since he was stranded on the side of I-65.

His motorcycle broke down on Interstate 65 just north of Edinburgh on March 15, and he called his biological sister, Kim Hanson, from the road. He was heading to Florida to see her.

?About 2:30, he called me and said he was broken down,? Hanson said, who was in Lafayette on Tuesday looking for any information about what happened that afternoon two months ago.

Hanson said Kallenberger asked her to call a friend in Lafayette for him, so she did.

?I assumed because I didn?t hear from David that the guy came and helped him and that he went back home,? she said.

But that didn't happen.

What Indiana State Police know is that a man from Kentucky stopped to help Kallenberger get his teal Harley Davidson motorcycle back onto the highway's shoulder, Detective Tim Kendall said. Then a trooper stopped about 3:30 p.m. to make sure Kallenberger was OK and to see if he needed any help.

Kallenberger told the trooper he was fine and had help on the way.

Kendall said Kallenberger talked with people who live along the interstate to get help, too, and a witness said they saw him get into a car on the interstate, but Kendall said police have not corroborated that.

Hanson didn't know until March 25 that her brother, with whom she had recently reconnected, was missing after Kallenberger's wife sent her a text message. Kallenberger was not reported missing until March 28, Kendall said.

Kallenberger was given up for adoption, along with another brother and sister, when he was 9 months old, Hanson said. Her mother had six kids and no income to support them. Kallenberger was adopted by a family friend, and they saw him until he was about 3 and Hanson and her mother moved to another state.

She is concerned that Kallenberger has vanished. Kendall said his phone and his bank accounts have not been accessed since March 15. That doesn't mean foul play, Kendall said, noting police don't know what happened to him.

Hanson has concerns because Kallenberger might have had a sudden health crisis, she said. The day he left to ride to Florida, he had not felt well and showed symptoms of a heart attack, she said.

?He said he needed to get out of here before something bad happens,? Hanson said Kallenberger's friends reported.

Then there's the cryptic message left on Hanson's voicemail. She discovered it after she fixed a glitch with her phone at the end of March.

?I don?t know what ... is going on, but I?m being set up bigger than ... ,? Kallenberger said on the message as he explained he wanted to spend time with her in Florida.

He mutters something about having a gun and killing himself, but Kendall said Kallenberger didn't have a gun, other than a realistic-looking BB pistol.

At the end of the voicemail, he sounds distressed.

?I don?t know what to do ? leave my bike here or what," he said as the message ends. "Oh man, a truck?s backing up. Oh my God. Kim. I?ll call you. Bye.?

That was the last anyone heard from Kallenberger.

The Journal & Courier was unable contact Kallenberger's wife in Lafayette for comment for this story.

Kallenberger is white, about 5-foot-9 and weighs about 200 pounds. He has blue eyes and a shaved head.

Anyone with information about Kallenberger or where he might be is asked to call the State Police Lafayette Post at 765-567-2125 or call a local police department. Information also may be anonymously reported by calling the We-Tip Hotline at 800-782-7463.

One of two things have happened. Either he WAS being set up and something bad happened or he's not in his right mind and is hiding from a threat that he's made up in his own mind. I'm thinking he's mentally ill. The way he left to get away and the way he was speaking on that message makes me feel like he was paranoid and perhaps has tried to drop off the face of the Earth to escape some delusional threat. That's just my feeling.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    I know, right? What the fuck, puke? Willing to take in Boston, an Irish dude and like, 17 dogs but not Ron? poor Ron.

His wife is still at it on FB

am I missing something? why do people think his wife killed him?

nevermind, reading her fb answered me.
    Last edited by Words Words; 11-17-2016 at 05:41 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Because they are probably not ghetto and hood like me.

He's been added to Charley Project

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...ger_david.html

I was hoping there would be some good news about him. Poor guy. Clearly the majority of those who commented on his wife's FB thought she had something to do with his disappearance.

I'm David Kallenbergers sister. My brother was leaving his wife to escape her treachery. He believed that she was trying to either kill him herself or have him killed. That's why he said that he was being set up. He was violently ill the night before he left and believed that she had put rat poison in his rootbeer. I went into their house after she was evicted and did my own luminol tests. There was blood everywhere especially in the shower in his bathroom. The police however refuse to do any testing themselves. I desperately need help but am not getting any. I don't know what to do or where to turn. The police lied about their so called canvas of the area. They have never done a thorough search of anything or anywhere. People keep saying that they will help but they don't. I'm so afraid that he will never be found

And the news media isn't any better. They don't care about the truth. So much for investigative reporting. They only say what the police tell them to say. There's several witnesses that saw him get into his wife's car. That's the last time he was seen alive. Not when he talked to police that day. He was seen that night between 10:30 and 11:00 that night by 3people getting into her car. She was the last person to see him alive and never reported him missing. Sometimes I think that the police are protecting her

Welcome Kimberly. I'm so sorry about your brother. That must be frustrating as hell. Thank you for sharing that info with us. I wonder why the police aren't investigating his wife?

ETA: I think you may have to have a warrant to go into someone's house and do testing like that, or the evidence won't be admissible in court. I'm not positive though.
    Last edited by Angiebla; 09-01-2017 at 10:18 PM.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

No not if you have the landlord's permission which he gave

His wife has failed 2 polygraph tests

And she's given a few different stories as to her whereabouts that day and that night

The one and only time that I was able to get people to go search they didn't search where they were supposed to be and the cops came and told them they had to leave and stop the search

I am going to be going up there within the next week and will be trying again

Welcome Kimberly! Yes, my very first impression was that his wife was VERY off. She still seems to be judging by her public posts, but those end in October of last year.

When you say that he was last seen getting in to her car, do you mean that his bike did break down and that she went to go pick him up? Did the police really make contact with him on the side of the road? It mentions that his bike was found abandoned and that they towed it to a lot.

I was hoping that perhaps he took off and went in to hiding because he felt threatened. That maybe it was paranoia on his part because at least then he wasn't really being threatened, but from what you just posted that doesn't sound like it's the case. That landlord is AMAZING for letting you in and you're amazing for going through everything possible to find the truth. It's terrible that the police don't seem to be taking this seriously.

Is there perhaps another agency you can hit up? State Police? Another city that he may have travelled through? I'm so sorry that you're going through this.
    Oh well, back to gum.

Quote Originally Posted by kimberlyhanson62 View Post
    I am going to be going up there within the next week and will be trying again
    I would advise against this, unless you have LE with you. It's understandable that you want your brothers disappearance solved and his wife locked up, but you have to be patient and go through the proper channels.

Say police do go there, and find evidence of a crime. The last thing you would would want would be for that evidence to be thrown out in court because a defense attorney found out you were there poking around.

I didn't read the unstable wife's posts, but usually people like that dig their own graves. I'm not trying to be mean or unsensitive, I really hope you get justice and answers.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

I didn't just go there without the police knowing about it. They knew and even encouraged me to do so. and yes the police did make contact with him that day and they said he appeared fine to them when they saw him. The state Police are the ones investigating it. I wish that the local PD was involved but they just turned it over to the state Police like they don't want to be involved. Really makes me wonder.

So many things about this do not make sense nor do they add up. It's not that I want his wife to go to jail. I want the truth. I have begged her from the beginning to clear herself if she is innocent. She was with another man immediately after he disappeared. Probably before hand. She has never made a single attempt to try to find out what happened to him. Never reported him missing. Never called the police in 17 1/2 months to ask them a single question about him. This absolutely tells me that she's involved. They found a sheet in her car with his blood on it. I'm astounded at the evidence that they are ignoring. I wish that I could believe that she was not involved but there is nothing to be able to defend her with

Have you tried organizing any local searches? It's obvious that you believe he's gone, if you find him (although not the way you would want to), they'd pay attention
    Oh well, back to gum.

Thread Information