Thread: Barbara Thomas' (69) remains found in the Mojave desert over a year after she went missing

Barbara Thomas' (69) remains found in the Mojave desert over a year after she went missing

CNN) Barbara Thomas went hiking with her husband in California's Mojave Desert on Friday and has been missing since, police said.

Thomas, 69, and her husband were separated during the hike, according to the San Bernardino Sheriff's Department.

"Barbara was last seen wearing a black bikini, a red baseball cap and tan hiking boots with black socks," the department said. She's a resident of Bullhead City, Arizona, and has blonde hair and green eyes, authorities said.

She doesn't have any supplies or a cell phone with her, police said.

Temperatures have climbed to over 100 degrees since authorities began their search.

CNN's Joe Sutton contributed to his report.

Evidently she was due to see a sick relative out of the country soon. Searches have not turned up any sign of her; makes me wonder if she was even there at all. Hiking in the Mojave desert heat with a beer and no water by an experienced hiker/daytripper, nope. I can?t help but wonder if she?s been missing longer than this and approaching trip made story necessary. I know, I am very cynical. But what an odd story.

Barbara Thomas, (69), missing from Mojave desert since 07/12/19

Quote Originally Posted by wildlifecamera View Post
    CNN) Barbara Thomas went hiking with her husband in California's Mojave Desert on Friday and has been missing since, police said.

Thomas, 69, and her husband were separated during the hike, according to the San Bernardino Sheriff's Department.

"Barbara was last seen wearing a black bikini, a red baseball cap and tan hiking boots with black socks," the department said. She's a resident of Bullhead City, Arizona, and has blonde hair and green eyes, authorities said.

She doesn't have any supplies or a cell phone with her, police said.

Temperatures have climbed to over 100 degrees since authorities began their search.

CNN's Joe Sutton contributed to his report.
    Edited to correct title

I wonder if her family suspects the same. I?ve read some second hand info from her bephew posted by a friend if his saying husband is a suspect. Also, supposedly, he has said quite a bit about it not being alarming that they weren?t able to get a hold of her leading up to this incident. Which begs the question, why would you be alarmed? Why volunteer that. Are you also thinking this story is made up to cover a previius crime? All of this is hands-across-America style gossip so can?t verify any of it.

Evidently she was due to see a sick relative out of the country soon. Searches have not turned up any sign of her; makes me wonder if she was even there at all. Hiking in the Mojave desert heat with a beer and no water by an experienced hiker/daytripper, nope. I can?t help but wonder if she's been missing longer than this and approaching trip made story necessary. I know, I am very cynical. But what an odd story.
    I also thought of this. All of the "missing" people who I can think of in similar circumstances were found murdered.

?And that?s the last I ever saw of her.? You don?t say. (You shouldn?t have said. What a rookie.) I really had to dig for this; most everything is same, no details. It seems lately these high profile cases with no police commentary are brief and decisive. This one is not as high profile but I believe they know exactly what?s up.

https://www.insideedition.com/husban...her-back-54531

If anyone wants to see the video interview I?ll post it. He is definitely trying to remember what he?d planned to say (to the point I wonder if he wrote it down.) Cannot look at the camera, quick to jump to Vegas abduction theory (bizarre! the only thing is it gives him something to say to make himself look concerned.) Much more likely she?d fallen down a mine or even taken by a cougar (even in daytime) than been abducted. But in this case I don?t think she was even there. I hope to eat my cynicism.

I highly doubt anyone took her.

People don’t turn a corner, in the desert, and disappear.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...o=taboola_feed

'They told me I was being deceptive': Husband of missing 69-year-old bikini-clad hiker admits cops think he's the prime suspect after failing a polygraph as Mojave Desert search enters day 6

- Robert Thomas says a lie detector test showed he was being 'deceptive' regarding the last Friday Mojave disappearance of his
    69-year-old wife Barbara

- But he said: 'Polygraphs aren't 100 per cent and I hadn't had any sleep'

- Asked if he had anything to do with her going missing he replied: 'Absolutely not'

- Robert said he 'hollered her name' and waved his arms after she vanished

- Search and Rescue volunteers, K9 Unit, Sheriff's Aviation and River Station cops were some of nearly 20 people looking for
    Barbara Thomas Wednesday at sun up

- He said: 'I feel like someone did pick her up because she was wearing a bikini, had a beer in her hand and she was ahead of
    me and she had to cross that road'

- She was last seen wearing a red baseball cap, boots and didn't have a cell phone

- Temperatures in California area climbed to more than 100 degrees this weekend

From the link:
    He had expressed he thinks she may have been taken 100 miles away to the Las Vegas area and asked people to remain vigilant.
    Why in the fuck would her “abductors” take her to Vegas, and how would he know that!?!

I’m on team she was never there to begin with. A bunch of time and energy is being wasted on searching there. I wonder if they did a thorough search of their house?

I wonder when was the last time she was seen? So many questions...

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

https://www.facebook.com/matthew.schellinkhout

This is apparently her son. He believes the husband is responsible. He has some, uh, interesting ideas about him ordering her kidnapping with some sort of link to Herbalife, cocaine transport, and human trafficking. Bizarre stuff.

He intentionally gave police wrong phone number for me. Detectives informed me of it Rob Thomas is prime suspect in her kidnapping and murder, he paid someone to kidnap her, AZ. Police seized with warrants all computers and cellphones, my family network is on top of it from Hong Kong ,Florida here and AZ. I will be on the news next week, well channel 18, San Diego Fox news 6, inside edition, Hopefully CNN. The DEA and FBI will be looking into thier business holdings and assets also, cocaine trafficking, with Herbal Life front. I have been dealing with police and FBI for years involving cases of human trafficking,

That is strange as fuck. He is worrying about being abducted. I think this whole Herbalife thing is a red herring. I know all about Herbalife and it seems they are grasping at straws. It has always had a shadowy reputation and I know people who sell it...they aren?t trafficking. Until further notice I am going to continue thinking this is straightforward man who wants to get rid of his wife like the guy from Tenn. over a year ago. I have read tons of bizarre posts of people bickering about whether beer is smart to drink, that it has the lowest amount of alcohol, cortisol theories, menopause theories, junk science and speculation in lieu of actual information.

Also he tells confidential information and says, ?please do not tell anyone? and the girl tells him his posts are public and he asks her why she is concerned and then basically says he doesn?t care and won?t be silenced. Okay, you all can make sense of his page. Maybe he won?t seem insane on tv when he can speak uninterrupted.

I looked for an update and couldn’t find one. Are they still searching for her in the desert?

No, everything I see says they?ve called off the search. This seems like it?s going to be one of those Sherri Papini or Morgan Ingram cases that brings out the supporting lunatic characters.

Son hasn?t been interviewed on air as he said he would be this week. Radio silence on this case. The truth will be stranger than fiction I bet.

I haven?t seen any updates on this case. It?s been bothering me.

Housewives of True Crime
    Bonus Episode 21 Where is Barbara Thomas?
    JULY 31, 2019 SEASON 1 EPISODE 21

https://www.buzzsprout.com/276799/1484143

Angiebla, don?t know if you ever read/beling to WS but it is a shit show over there with adults behaving badly. They?ve shut down the forum @5 times, maybe more, and put an asshat in time out. But they have a VI (nephew) and other family members are showing up on social media. Agreed, though, police are radio silent. Something is up.

Angiebla, don?t know if you ever read/beling to WS but it is a shit show over there with adults behaving badly. They?ve shut down the forum @5 times, maybe more, and put an asshat in time out. But they have a VI (nephew) and other family members are showing up on social media. Agreed, though, police are radio silent. Something is up.
    No I don’t do webslueths. I’m not surprised they are eating their own.

What are the family members saying on social media?

I haven?t read it in a while. The niece of RT is being verified. RT is radio silent to the family according to rumors. Hilarious about eating their own. I can?t read it anymore for a while. They keep obsessing over the bikini, the alcohol, the heat, the same points on those factors just to have something to talk about. It is going nowhere like hamsters on a wheel. I get it, I do, but I get sick reading the constant loops, omg.

Her son thinks the husband did it: https://www.wlfi.com/content/news/La...524401511.html

*marking* I heard some autopsy reports are being released or have been released so I want to be here to either post or read the findings lol

Thread Information