Thread: High school baseball player (Cooper Gardner, 16) dies after freak accident at second base

High school baseball player (Cooper Gardner, 16) dies after freak accident at second base

https://www.gofundme.com/f/coopstron...pital-expenses

https://nypost.com/2021/05/05/high-s...ident-in-game/

A Michigan high school baseball player has died after he was knocked unconscious during a 'freak accident' at second base.

Cooper Gardner, a junior at Bath High School, died at home Sunday, nearly two weeks after the incident during a game against Portland St. Patrick, the Lansing State Journal reported.

'I never would have thought it would lead to this,' junior varsity coach Michael Collins told the newspaper.

Gardner had dropped down to catch a ball to tag a player trying to steal second base, but the runner kneed his head and fell on top of him, the outlet reported.

'What can only be described as a freak accident, Cooper was knocked unconscious for about 40 minutes,' said a GoFundMe page.

He was taken to the hospital, where he was treated for traumatic brain injury as well as heart and lung complications, according to the fundraising page.

Gardner spent six days in the intensive care unit before he was moved to a regular hospital room and released home, the outlet reported.

It's unclear what caused his death on Sunday.

Collins remembered him as always positive and and a 'good student.'

'If you had a bad day, you could go to practice and see his smiling face and all is right in the world,' Collins told the paper.

'As smart as can be, had everything in front of him. Good student, humble kid'he was just too young.'

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Damn. You just never know what will do it. Just the right angle and force behind a blow and you're done. Poor kid. The kid that ran in to him must be feeling horrible
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

My guess is he had a slow brain bleed. Its so sad he was released from the hospital, just to die at home.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

My guess is a cardiac arrest from an arrythmia caused by cardiac contusion or the old tried and true pulmonary embolism. Unless he was a hemophiliac, he would not have bleeding in his brain over a week from the date of injury.

Quote Originally Posted by SeaHag42 View Post
    My guess is a cardiac arrest from an arrythmia caused by cardiac contusion or the old tried and true pulmonary embolism. Unless he was a hemophiliac, he would not have bleeding in his brain over a week from the date of injury.
    I know someone who went on a slip and slide, fell and hit his head, and died 2 weeks later from a slow brain bleed. It happens.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Thread Information