Thread: Body of missing woman (San Juana Macias, 40) hidden inside hotel bed frame went unnoticed for days

Body of missing woman (San Juana Macias, 40) hidden inside hotel bed frame went unnoticed for days

AUSTIN, Texas (KEYE) - Austin Police say the body of a woman who went missing last week was found hidden in a hotel bed frame and had gone unnoticed for three days, despite housekeepers and police entering the room.

The body of San Juana Macias, 40, was discovered July 9 at a Roadway Inn off Hwy 290 after Jamie Wingwood, 40, told investigators to look under the mattress in the "box."

Macias' body was found wrapped in a fitted bed sheet inside the bed frame.

Wingwood was arrested in Louisiana after an hour-long chase that ended in a crash with officers.

According to an affidavit, Austin police investigators drove to Louisiana to interview Wingwood. That's when he allegedly confessed to killing Macias, and told detectives he had left her in Room 219.

Officers and Texas Rangers searched the room, not finding Macias. Denying he removed her from there, Wingwood allegedly whispered to the detective to have officers look under the mattress.

That area had previously gone unnoticed by cleaning staff and investigators.

Macias' body had obvious head and face trauma, police say.

Family members told KEYE Wingwood dated Macias for about three years.

Macias' daughter Andrea Tealer claims he threatened her one day before she went missing.

"He basically told her on Fourth of July that he was going to -- you know she had so many hours to live that he was going to kill her," says Tealer.

The affidavit states that same day Macias went missing, Wingwood?s sister called police saying she believed her brother had killed his girlfriend, and that he sent her a text message that read "I love you always. I'm fixing to be gone for forever. I really f---ed up this time. I'm leaving town. Right now."

Austin Police put out an alert for Wingwood's car, which was spotted in Jefferson County, and was engaged in a pursuit with officers.

The chase ran for more than an hour through Beaumont and into Louisiana and ended in a crash.

Currently, Wingwood is charged with aggravated assault and tampering with a corpse.

I realize that he probably had the air conditioning set to super cold, but every time I leave a hotel room the cleaning staff cuts it off. I would think you could have smelt her before the 3 days.

Quote Originally Posted by up2trouble View Post
    I realize that he probably had the air conditioning set to super cold, but every time I leave a hotel room the cleaning staff cuts it off. I would think you could have smelt her before the 3 days.
    I have stayed in a couple of hotels that smelled so odd I wondered if there was a dead body, but I am not going to look under the bed. I do think if she was missing though someone should have turned that room upside down before 3 days passed.

Poor lady.

But, YUCK!!!! How gross especially if you rented the room and used the bed.

Thread Information