Thread: Erik Hood, (54) Killed in a Mob Justice Attack in Philadelphia.

Erik Hood, (54) Killed in a Mob Justice Attack in Philadelphia.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/12/us/ph...rnd/index.html

(CNN)In an apparent act of mob justice, a man was beaten to death after he tried to steal a car with three children inside, Philadelphia police said.

Erik Hood, 54, drove off with the car while the children's mother and father were in a store Thursday night, police said. The parents chased down the vehicle on foot and pulled the carjacker out of the car when he got caught in traffic, police said.
    Hood assaulted the father and fled, but a large crowd stopped Hood and beat him, police said. He was pronounced dead at Temple University Hospital, police said.
    "I'm not a fan of street justice," Philadelphia Police Capt. Jason Smith said at a press conference Friday. "I think everything should play out through us as it comes to criminal actions."
    Police have video footage of the encounter and are trying to identify the people who assaulted Hood, Smith said. No arrests have been made, he said.
    A spokeswoman for the district attorney's office said prosecutors are waiting for police to complete their investigation before commenting.
    The children in the vehicle were not harmed, police said.

https://www.inquirer.com/news/carjac...-20190712.html

Jacqueline Maddalo stood Friday outside New Star Pizza in Strawberry Mansion and lamented the beating death of a man who allegedly had stolen a car with three children inside from near the pizza shop Thursday night.

“People should not take the law in their own hands,” said Maddalo, 62, who works as a clerk in an adjacent grocery store. “Catch him, yes, you want to stop him with three kids in the car, but to actually pull him out and beat him to death, that’s not appropriate. That’s involuntary manslaughter. They absolutely went too far. They committed another crime.”
    Maddalo was among Strawberry Mansion residents who were left to wrestle Friday with the issue of mob justice after the alleged carjacker, identified as 54-year-old Eric Hood of North Philadelphia, was fatally beaten by a group of neighborhood men — a brand of revenge that Philadelphia Police said should not be tolerated.

“I’m not a fan of street justice,” Homicide Capt. Jason Smith said at an afternoon news conference at Police Headquarters. “I think that everything should play out through us when it comes to criminal action.”

ADVERTISEMENT
    Details of the incident remained largely unclear Friday as police continued investigating. District Attorney Larry Krasner said it was too early to comment on any potential charges arising from the incident, and Smith said a decision on charges would await the Medical Examiner’s Office’s determination of the cause of death and a toxicology report.

The incident unfolded about 9:15 p.m., when Hood allegedly took a Hyundai parked outside New Star Pizza at 28th and Dauphin Streets while the 25-year-old mother, who left the car’s engine running, went inside to visit the father of two of the children, said Chief Inspector Scott Small.

The 27-year-old father, who works at the pizza shop, and the unidentified mother chased after the vehicle, which became stuck in traffic at 29th and York, police said. Pulled from the vehicle by the couple, Hood ran about a half-block before Jones caught him and an altercation ensued at 29th and Gordon Streets.

Other men nearby began assaulting Hood and he lost consciousness, Small said. Hood was taken to Temple University Hospital, where he was pronounced dead at 10:05 p.m.

ADVERTISEMENT
    The parents stayed at the scene and police took them to be questioned by homicide detectives. The children, 7 months to 5 years old, were placed with family members.

Meanwhile, the neighborhood was abuzz Friday with conversation about the incident.

Maddalo said she was not surprised that some people thought the killing was justified.

“There’s a lot of street justice in this area,” she said. “Crime’s not going to come down if people keep taking care of crime instead of letting the courts handle it. We’re becoming uncivilized.”

Map of Strawberry Mansion neighborhood of North Philadelphia, where a man who allegedly carjacked a car with three children inside was caught and fatally beaten
    On Friday at 29th and York Streets, where Hood was pulled from the car, and at 29th and Gordon, where he had run and was fatally beaten, people had strong opinions about what happened and whether the “street justice” should be met with legal justice.

Antonio Williams, 44, and his son Yasir, 20, who were having breakfast Friday at Triple Joy Breakfast & Lunch, a restaurant next to the pizza shop, had differing reactions to the incident.

“I don’t think they should get charged, because he was trying to take somebody else’s kids,” said Yasir Williams. “They was protecting them kids. Say he did get the car, what would have happened to their kids? You never know, the kids could have died. You never know.”

“I can understand the parents being upset," responded his father. “But everybody else, somebody’s going to get charged. I am not saying that they should, but somebody is going to get charged.”

Calvin V. Mack, 39, who was reading a book on myths and folklore in the restaurant Friday morning, said the killers must be brought to justice. He saw the aftermath of the incident Thursday night, and asked people outside what had happened. He said they thought the victim deserved what he got, but he didn’t agree.

Calvin Mack, 39, speaks to a reporter at Triple Joy Breakfast & Lunch on Friday, July 12, 2019.
    TYGER WILLIAMS / STAFF PHOTOGRAPHER
    Calvin Mack, 39, speaks to a reporter at Triple Joy Breakfast & Lunch on Friday, July 12, 2019.
    “Of course they should be charged. We have the power to give life and I don’t think we should take life. If you do want to play that judge or ruler, then there are consequences for that, for taking somebody’s life away,” said Mack, who owns an online health products company.

“Two wrongs don’t make a right. Those people who killed that man have to deal with karma. If the state don’t come down on them then their karma will.”

ADVERTISEMENT
    John Phillips, 59, of Southwest Philadelphia, who works in the area rehabbing houses, said what happened was old-fashioned street justice and the attackers should not be prosecuted.

“They got to him before the police came,” Phillips said as he walked into the restaurant for breakfast. “They could have held him until the police came. They didn’t have to kill him. But I don’t think they should be charged.

“What if the man would have gotten away with the babies in the car and crashed and killed the babies? Anything could have happened. They was only trying to fend for their children. That’s street justice.”

LaDelle Taylor, 65, a retired SEPTA bus driver born and raised at 29th and York Streets, said she believes that the carjacking was wrong but that the killers should not be charged.

LaDelle Taylor, 65, a retired SEPTA bus driver, speaks to a reporter on Friday, July 12, 2019.
    TYGER WILLIAMS / STAFF PHOTOGRAPHER
    LaDelle Taylor, 65, a retired SEPTA bus driver, speaks to a reporter on Friday, July 12, 2019.
    “That man had no business stealing that car with those children in it,” she said. "It’s bad enough he was stealing the car, but to have babies in there. What the hell was wrong with him? People are tired of crime. It’s a mess. Our city is a graveyard. People’s minds are not right. Anybody who puts children’s lives on the line, they get what they deserve.”

Smith, the Homicide captain, said Hood had an “extensive criminal history” including 24 arrests, most recently in 2007. Most of the charges were drug-related, he said.

Smith said surveillance video of the attack “is very clear” and police were optimistic they would be able to identify those involved. He declined to say how many people took part in the attack but urged those who did to come forward.

Read Between the Lines - What Tobacco Labels Are Hiding
    SPONSORED CONTENT
    Read Between the Lines - What Tobacco Labels Are Hiding
    by Tobacco Free CA
    “It’s a much better idea for them to make contact with us rather than us making contact with them,” he said.

Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call 215-686-TIPS (-8477).

https://6abc.com/car-thief-dies-afte...olice/5390388/

PHILADELPHIA (WPVI) -- Police identified 54-year-old Eric Hood as the man killed after a crowd kicked and punched him when they learned he stole a car with three children inside.

The theft happened at approximately 9:50 p.m. Thursday near 29th and Dauphin streets in Strawberry Mansion.

According to police, a mother was traveling with her three kids when she stopped to visit the father of two of her children at a pizza shop, leaving the car running with the children inside.

According to police, both the mother and father ran after the car and pulled Hood out of the driver's seat.

Philadelphia Police Homicide Captain Jason Smith says the father and Hood got into an altercation.

"Hood managed to break free from the father and fled across 29th Street. It was at this time that a crowd of individuals stopped Mr. Hood and forced him to the ground," Smith said. "The crowd kicked and punched Mr. Hood until the arrival of responding police. At some point Mr. Hood became unresponsive."

Police are reviewing video posted on Instagram and surveillance video from the scene to see exactly how large the crowd was and they are working to identify the people who took part in the beating.

"The video is very clear," Smith said. He then urged the people involved to come forward.

"I think it's a much better idea to make contact with us then us with them," he said.

The Medical Examiner will conduct an autopsy to determine Hood's cause of death and run tests to see if he had drugs in his system.

Hood had a lengthy arrest record with 24 arrests - the last one dated in 2007.

The mother of the kids left in the vehicle could also face charges for leaving them in a running car.

Police say the parents have cooperated and were questioned by detectives then released.

You have a place for your dumb shit no one cares about. You have been told many, many times by just about everyone to keep your vigilante cancer in your thread. How do you not understand that?

Quote Originally Posted by Jumaki15 View Post
    You have a place for your dumb shit no one cares about. You have been told many, many times by just about everyone to keep your vigilante cancer in your thread. How do you not understand that?
    Can we get an update, please?

Quote Originally Posted by S281Saleen160 View Post
    Can we get an update, please?
    Just, why?

Just, why?
    Killers are on the loose. We need an update, have they been caught yet? We need an update!

https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/20...ildren-inside/

Now the couple could face investigation and now an investigation is under way on what lead up to the carjacking and beating.

PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — A mother and father may be charged after a carjacking in North Philadelphia. Police say the couple and a group of people beat the alleged suspect so badly on Thursday night that he later died in what people from the neighborhood called “street justice.”

The victim has been identified as 54-year-old Erik Hood. Police say Hood had at least 30 prior arrests with many of them narcotics related.

The talk of North 29th Street on Friday afternoon is how a man died after police say he stole a woman’s car with her three children inside. It happened around 9 p.m. Thursday outside New Star Pizza.

After the carjacking, her boyfriend chased the man down and pulled him out of the car.

“I’d probably have a case, man, and that’s being real,” said Rick Glover, who lives nearby. “I’d probably have a case.”

Police say the sense of so-called “street justice,” however, is a problem.

“I’m not a fan of street justice. I think everything should play out through us as it comes to criminal actions,” Philadelphia Police Capt. Jason Smith said.

After the children’s father got Hood out of the car, others in the neighborhood joined in and started beating and kicking Hood. He later died in the hospital.

“What happened was tragic but it’s understandable. The way the streets are today you can understand why someone would want to chase down someone who was trying to hurt their kids,” Kabreeze Sheed said. “Child could get kidnapped, taken away, never seen again, held for ransom, you never know.”

The medical examiner’s office will determine how Hood died.

“At the end of the day, he got what was coming to him. I just wish it wasn’t so brutal,” Sheed said.

Police say the assault was captured by a nearby surveillance camera.

The parents haven’t been identified. Police want to talk to the other people who were involved. If you know who they are, police ask you to call 911.

CBS3’s Howard Monroe reports.

Killers are on the loose. We need an update, have they been caught yet? We need an update!
    I hate you.

In this case like the neighborhood I would have to support the people who beat up Erik Hood. One was that if the neighborhood didn't react there would have been fears that the kids would have been kidnapped and killed. Two we have been lectured to not drop the ball on abuse allegations and the people should take action when needed.

Ya know what also protects the kids in that neighborhood? The dude being in prison. You know, the non-psycho way to go about doing something.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Ya know what also protects the kids in that neighborhood? The dude being in prison. You know, the non-psycho way to go about doing something.
    Ju, you're forgetting something important.

People do NOT tolerate well criminals who do potentially horrendous and inherently dangerous things to children.

I sure the fuck don't.

And given the area that this occurred in, the public at large was probably already disgusted that this happens far too often to begin with, and they took action.

I'm not condoning what they did, please don't misunderstand.

But in life we have choices. This mf beat a dude up, scared the shit out of a mom, and took a car with their babies in it. BY CHOICE.

Whether he had any intent on hurting those babies is always at the forefront of a parent's fear, and that is any parent's worst nightmare.

So I can completely understand what happened.

Rational thinking by victims and those closest to them *like others in the neighborhood* isn't a thing when there are children's safety/lives at stake. In addition, whether it's warranted or not, the people's trust of law enforcement comes into play here, too. Do they trust that the cops do the right thing, knowing there are babies in the car? Or do they leave it up to chance?

One of the loves of my life lives near Philly. If anything happened to this person or their progeny, I promise you would never find the perps remains.

This motherfucker was 54 fucking years old. Long past the time when common sense should have said "you know this is a badddd fucking idea, just don't". Unfortunately, for whatever reason, his inner Jiminy Cricket was asleep at the wheel or worse, absent altogether.

He paid the ultimate price because he was stupid. Dangerously stupid. And those members of the community had likely seen bad enough shit happen far too many times to let something happen again to innocents.

I'm not saying I support it, but I absofuckinglutely undesrtand it.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

They will be caught, convicted, sent to prison. They are killers.

Quote Originally Posted by kevansvault View Post
    Ju, you're forgetting something important.

People do NOT tolerate well criminals who do potentially horrendous and inherently dangerous things to children.

I sure the fuck don't.

And given the area that this occurred in, the public at large was probably already disgusted that this happens far too often to begin with, and they took action.

I'm not condoning what they did, please don't misunderstand.

But in life we have choices. This mf beat a dude up, scared the shit out of a mom, and took a car with their babies in it. BY CHOICE.

Whether he had any intent on hurting those babies is always at the forefront of a parent's fear, and that is any parent's worst nightmare.

So I can completely understand what happened.

Rational thinking by victims and those closest to them *like others in the neighborhood* isn't a thing when there are children's safety/lives at stake. In addition, whether it's warranted or not, the people's trust of law enforcement comes into play here, too. Do they trust that the cops do the right thing, knowing there are babies in the car? Or do they leave it up to chance?

One of the loves of my life lives near Philly. If anything happened to this person or their progeny, I promise you would never find the perps remains.

This motherfucker was 54 fucking years old. Long past the time when common sense should have said "you know this is a badddd fucking idea, just don't". Unfortunately, for whatever reason, his inner Jiminy Cricket was asleep at the wheel or worse, absent altogether.

He paid the ultimate price because he was stupid. Dangerously stupid. And those members of the community had likely seen bad enough shit happen far too many times to let something happen again to innocents.

I'm not saying I support it, but I absofuckinglutely undesrtand it.
    https://www.change.org/p/tom-wolf-go...s-of-erik-hood

Quote Originally Posted by KambingSociety View Post
    When the fuck did I say anyone had to tolerate what the person did? My mom was raped multiple times and beaten into a coma by her second husband. I understand very well the impulse to punish the person myself and leave him bleeding out in a gutter. Vigilantes could be just as morally wrong as the person they are punishing. I'm not equating the crimes in anyway, but both parties made choices to commit an illegal act. Both parties need to be held accountable for their actions.

When the fuck did I say anyone had to tolerate what the person did? My mom was raped multiple times and beaten into a coma by her second husband. I understand very well the impulse to punish the person myself and leave him bleeding out in a gutter. Vigilantes could be just as morally wrong as the person they are punishing. I'm not equating the crimes in anyway, but both parties made choices to commit an illegal act. Both parties need to be held accountable for their actions.
    True and I was quoting the guy in my link and another section. To look at this person's manifesto.

True and I was quoting the guy in my link and another section. To look at this person's manifesto.
    I was more responding to Kevan than you in this instance, Kambing.

But to your dogshit defense,
    They killed someone with zero authority to do so, so they should absolutely not be pardoned.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/951534...h-kids-inside/

Now the video of the beating has been released.

The mob can be seen punching and kicking him as he appears to plead with them to stop.

According to police in Philadelphia, the incident began round 9pm when a 25-year-old woman parked her Hyundai car outside a pizza takeaway in the city.

The woman left her three young children inside as she went inside to visit her boyfriend, who works there and is the father of two of the kids.

But suddenly Hood jumped into the car with the children – aged between seven months and five – still inside, NBC reported.

The woman and her boyfriend chased after Hood on foot and managed to catch him as the thief got stuck at traffic lights.

They managed to pull Hood out of the car and him and the man began fighting, Philadelphia Police Homicide Captain Jason Smith explained.

"Hood managed to break free from the father and fled across 29th Street,” said Captain Smith.

“It was at this time that a crowd of individuals stopped Mr Hood and forced him to the ground.

“The crowd kicked and punched Mr Hood until the arrival of responding police. At some point Mr. Hood became unresponsive."

KICKED AND PUNCHED
    Medics who arrived the scene and found him unconscious with severe injuries to the head and face.

He was taken to Temple University Hospital but pronounced dead shortly after 10 pm last Thursday.

Police are currently examining the video, which was posted on Instagram, and Captain Smith urged those involved to come forward.

“The video is very clear. I think it’s a much better idea that they make contact with us, rather than us making contact with them,” said the officer.

Hood had a lengthy arrest record with 24 arrests and police are waiting on toxicology reports to see if he had taken drugs.

What you meant to say was: The video of the murder has been released.

Yes!

Yes!
    Are you male or female?

Are you male or female?
    Male

But to your dogshit defense,
    They killed someone with zero authority to do so, so they should absolutely not be pardoned.
    This. & they did it front of a little kid ffs. Watching & hearing someone having the shit kicked out of them is pretty fucking traumatising in & of itself.

No-one at that scene really gave a shit about those kids. Everyone involved was acting on impulse.

Originally Posted by S281Saleen160

Yes!

Have you started going to fb vigilante meet-ups yet, Kambing? Because all the signs are pointing to us having an assault or murder thread on you one day.

Until then, this is probably more your style than this place

https://www.liveleak.com/user?a=register

Edit : also

https://dreamindemon.com/community/

Thread Information