Thread: Freddie Mack (57) went missing and authorities say he was completely consumed by his aggressive dogs

Freddie Mack (57) went missing and authorities say he was completely consumed by his aggressive dogs

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...cials-n1028461

A Texas man missing for weeks was actually dead and had been totally consumed by his pack of aggressive dogs, officials said Wednesday.

The family of Freddie Mack, 57, told the Johnson County Sheriff's Office in early May that he hadn't been seen or heard from in about three weeks, authorities said.

"During the course of our investigation it was found that Freddie suffered from serious medical conditions, so we will never know if the dogs killed Mr. Mack or consumed him after he died from a medical condition," Johnson County Sheriff Adam King told reporters. "Either way, it is a very gruesome event and we extend our sympathy to Freddie Mack?s family."

When deputies first searched Mack's 3 1/2-acre property in Venus, Texas, about 30 miles south of Dallas, all they found were more than a dozen aggressive dogs and no signs of the missing man, officials said.

Deputies made multiple trips to Mack's property before a detective, on May 15, found a small bone.

"There was something about it that stood out to her," Deputy Aaron Pitts said of that single bone fragment.

A forensic anthropologist told investigators the bone was human and follow-up searches turned up more bones. Investigators also found dog feces that appeared to include human hair and bits of clothes that matched what Mack normally wore, according to Pitts.

Samples of DNA from Mack's family matched genetic material on bones found on the man's property.

There had been 18 dogs living with Mack, but two were found dead, having been killed by their fellow canines, Pitts said.

Thirteen dogs had to be put down because of poor health or their aggressive nature that made them impossible to be adopted. That leaves three dogs that officials said are healthy and being prepared for adoption.

They ate his skull and skeleton? I’ve never heard of dogs doing that.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    They ate his skull and skeleton? I’ve never heard of dogs doing that.
    Yeah that?s pretty freakin wild...I think maybe it was dragged off somewhere and they?ve yet to find it

I am surprised they are trying to adopt any of them back out.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    I am surprised they are trying to adopt any of them back out.
    Me too. You think the pack would have turned on the “soft” ones.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Me too. You think the pack would have turned on the “soft” ones.
    One of the stories I read said that the pack did eat some of the dogs...so these dogs that are being adopted out are the eaters vs the eatees. I don't think I would want these dogs.

"Yeah, sure this dog ate a person but it's been rehabilitated and is looking for its forever home!"

Hard pass.

Thread Information