Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Chloe Wiegand, 18mo died after she fell from cruise ship window and her grandfather has been charged with negligent homicide

This case is beyond heartbreaking, I can't even imagine. I saw an interview with the grandfather when he said he was going to PR to face the charges. He said he didn't care what happened to him because the worse thing in his life had already happened. I cried like a baby.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    I'm kinda cold on this one. He didn't just hold the kid up to see better. He dangled her out the window and then the whole family tried to pin it on the cruise ship and claim ignorance.

Just because you kill someone because of your poor judgment doesn't mean that you get off with a slap on the wrist for it. I feel the same way about drunk drivers and parents who don't lock up their guns.

Sorry, not sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I'm kinda cold on this one. He didn't just hold the kid up to see better. He dangled her out the window and then the whole family tried to pin it on the cruise ship and claim ignorance.
    Seriously?! I've never heard this, but the whole situation really disturbed me and I have to admit I didn't follow it closely. This happened the day after our ship left Puerto Rico so I was at sea for two weeks when it happened. All I really saw was the interview with the grandfather months later.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.

Captain of Fuckery captainjillian's Avatar
    https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2...encing-delayed

Sentencing delayed until Feb 8, 2021.

I never try anything, I just do it. Wanna try me?

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by TupeloHoney View Post
    In one article I read, court docs describe him as holding her "out" the window, and it looks like that's what he's doing ... not just standing her on the railing like he claims.

All I know is if someone held my baby out a window like that, I would kill them with my bare hands. Even if my child was unharmed. I would tear their face off like an angry honey badger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post

Just because you kill someone because of your poor judgment doesn't mean that you get off with a slap on the wrist for it. I feel the same way about drunk drivers and parents who don't lock up their guns.

Sorry, not sorry.
    I agree with all of what was said above.

The fact that he still will not accept responsibility, despite the cruise ship having video pisses me off. Grandpa would be dead, because there's no way I would be able to even tolerate his presence. What was he thinking?

I never want to go on a cruise. I get seasick and I have a fear of large bodies of water.

Quote Originally Posted by Queena View Post
    I agree with all of what was said above.

The fact that he still will not accept responsibility, despite the cruise ship having video pisses me off. Grandpa would be dead, because there's no way I would be able to even tolerate his presence. What was he thinking?

I never want to go on a cruise. I get seasick and I have a fear of large bodies of water.
    Me too. My fear of large bodies of water is well known here, but cruises don't bother me - a cruise ship is like a small town on water.

SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico (AP) A grandfather who pleaded guilty to negligent homicide in the fall of his young granddaughter from an 11th-story window of a cruise ship docked in Puerto Rico was sentenced Monday to three years probation, according to justice officials.

Salvatore "Sam" Anello, of Valparaiso, Indiana, had pleaded guilty in the case in October 2020. Defense attorney Michael Winkleman has said Anello would serve probation in his home state.

https://fox8.com/news/grandfather-se...se-ship-death/
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Cruise Ship Not Responsible for Toddler Dropped to Her Death by Grandfather, Judge Rules

https://toofab.com/2019/12/18/family...deo-is-leaked/

Royal Caribbean is not responsible in the death of 18-month-old Chloe Wiegand, a federal judge has ruled.

The toddler was killed when her grandfather Salvatore Anello accidentally dropped her out the window of a docked cruise ship in July of 2019.

The family had sued the company, claiming it had failed to "adequately mark the open windows" or "install safety prevention devices."

But on Tuesday, right before the case was set to go to trial in Florida next week, U.S. District Judge Donald Graham threw the lawsuit out, ruling the responsibility lay with Anello alone.

"Mr. Anello reached out in front of him and felt no glass in the window opening before extending the Decedent out to the window opening," he wrote in his ruling, per NBC.

"A reasonable person through ordinary use of his senses would have known of the dangers associated with Mr. Anello's conduct. Accordingly, the defendant owed no duty to warn of it."

The judge concluded: "The true risk-creating danger here was Mr. Anello lifting a child up to an open window. The Plaintiffs have provided no evidence showing the Defendant was on notice of that danger."

The family's attorney Michael Winkleman said they plan to appeal the decision.

"The family is surprised and deeply saddened by the court's ruling. This is a matter that should be decided by a jury, and we are confident and hopeful the appellate court will agree," he told Daily Mail.

"We will be filing the appeal shortly and we will continue to fight and raise awareness about the dangers of unintentional toddler window falls. This case was always about Chloe and shining a light on her brief but beautiful life."

Agree. He was the sole fool

Thread Information