Thread: Oscar Suarez (32) & Magdalena Devil (25) went missing on a jetski while on vacation in Barbados

Oscar Suarez (32) & Magdalena Devil (25) went missing on a jetski while on vacation in Barbados

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...-ride-n1021831

A New Jersey couple on vacation in Barbados went missing after they set off for a jet ski ride.

Oscar Suarez, 32, and Magdalena Devil, 25, traveled to Caribbean nation on Saturday, and planned to come home a week later. On Monday, they rented a jet ski from a local operator and didn?t return, according to the Royal Barbados Police.

Police on the island nation of around 270,000 people said the jet ski operator grew worried when the couple didn?t come back from their trip and contacted other operators in the area to help search for Suarez and Devil, both of whom were wearing life jackets. Their jet ski has also not been found.

The couple?s disappearance was reported to police on Monday, who along with the nation's coast guard conducted an extensive search and issued a missing persons alert, police said. Authorities also looked for the couple at the Discovery Bay Hotel, where they were staying, to no avail.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/07/ameri...und/index.html

A Jet Ski bearing the registration number of one used by two Americans missing in Barbados has been found, according to the press secretary for the Barbadian prime minister.

Oscar Suarez, 32, and Magdalena Devil, 25, went missing June 24 after they rented a Jet Ski on Holetown Beach. The search for the pair was called off last Sunday.

The Jet Ski was recovered Saturday off the coast of the island of Guadeloupe by a French navy ship, according to a news release from Roy Morris, press secretary to Barbadian Prime Minister Mia Mottley.

The registration number, 162H, matched the one on the sporting watercraft rented by the couple, the release said.

There was no sign of either Suarez or Devil, the release said, citing French authorities.

"Prime Minister Mia Mottley and Minister of Tourism Kerrie Symmonds have been informed of the discovery," the release says, "and local authorities will make immediate contact with the families to inform them of the development."

It added that Mottley previously met with the families of the missing couple and "expressed regret at the unfortunate events," and invited them to return to the island anytime over the next year at the government's expense.

I wonder what happened to them?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I wonder what happened to them?
    They're both rather big people. Jetskis become unstable the more weight you put on them. I will ride on my own jetski all day long, but I hate riding behind anyone else, because it makes it unstable if either person is more than small to medium size. I personally think they pulled a hard turn or something and fell off and couldn't get back on. Even with a re-boarding step it's hard to get back on sometimes, especially if you are not experienced. I think the jetski drifted off and they drowned, but that's just my personal opinion.

I am kind of surprised the rental company let them get that far out from the shore. Most rental places make you stay pretty close to shore or go with you.

Did they have life jackets on??

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    Did they have life jackets on??
    I believe so.

http://www.loopnewsbarbados.com/cont...und-guadeloupe

Alleyne said that the Royal Barbados Police Force is in contact with their colleagues in Guadeloupe to get the forensic reports and photos of the jet ski.

Investigations are continuing at this time.

Alleyne confirmed to Loop News that the jet ski was intact and floating off of Guadeloupe when discovered.

That's pretty impressive that it's still floating. I hate when any water gets in mine, I am always convinced it's going to sink.

This is probably a dumb question, but can you drown with a life jacket on? And wouldn’t it keep your body floating?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    This is probably a dumb question, but can you drown with a life jacket on? And wouldn’t it keep your body floating?
    This is exactly why it is so weird they are just missing. Unless both their life jackets happened to come off....but I would think they would have found those floating, at least?

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

If the waves are big or they passed out and their faces went into the water it's still easy to drown in a life jacket. Sharks or other big fish could have got them if they were out there awhile.

Thread Information