Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Mackenzie Lueck (23) was found dead in a shallow grave weeks after she went missing

Here is another link:

The remains of 23-year-old Mackenzie Lueck of El Segundo have been found in the backyard of a Salt Lake City home, and it’s owner was arrested Friday and charged with her murder.
    https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2019...ckenzie-lueck/

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

Last edited by raisedbywolves; 06-28-2019 at 11:50 AM.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/mackenzie...ce-secret-room

Mackenzie Lueck disappearance: Suspect wanted secret room with hooks on its wall built in home, contractor reveals

A handyman in Utah told Fox News exclusively on Friday the suspect arrested in the murder of a University of Utah student had asked to build a secret, soundproofed room in his home's basement with hooks on its walls.

Salt Lake City police announced the arrest Ayoola Ajayi, the owner of the home where police were seen digging holes in the backyard during a search for 23-year-old Mackenzie Lueck. He will face several charges including murder and obstruction of justice.

The contractor, who owns a home-repair business in Utah, said he was “weirded out” by the whole scenario and turned down the job offer, telling the individual he was too busy.

Meanwhile, Brian Wolf, a local contractor, told Fox News on Friday the individual who owned that home reached out to him in April and asked him to build a “soundproof” room there.

“He slowly added on other requests, like building a secret door and adding hooks to the wall,” Wolf said, explaining how the individual asked him to come to the home and give him an estimate for the potential project.

Wolf added the person said he wanted construction done as soon as possible, “before his girlfriend got back into town.”

https://patch.com/utah/salt-lake-cit...ackenzie-lueck

Update

SALT LAKE CITY, UT — Police in Salt Lake City have arrested a man in relation to the homicide of Mackenzie Lueck, the 23-year-old University of Utah student who was last heard from in the early morning hours of June 17.

On Friday, Salt Lake City Police Chief Mike Brown told reporters at a press conference that the person of interest whose home was searched on Wednesday night is charged with aggravated murder, aggravated kidnapping, obstruction of justice and desecration of a body.

Brown identified the accused as 31-year-old Ayoola Adisa Ajayi.

"I will not be saying the killer's name again," Brown said.

Brown said authorities are continuing to investigate to determine whether the accused had help or acted alone.

On the day Lueck was last heard from, she had landed at Salt Lake City International Airport after a visit to California for a funeral. Lueck left the airport around 2:40 a.m. and took a Lyft to Hatch Park where she met someone with a car. Around the time that she reached Hatch Park at 3 a.m. on June 17, all communications ceased from Lueck and her phone stopped receiving data or location services, Brown said.

Brown said the accused denied having any contact with Lueck or knowing what she looked like. He admitted to texting with Lueck on June 16 around 6 p.m. but nothing after, according to Brown.

Investigations of phone records showed the location of both Lueck and the accused's phones to be Hatch Park within a minute of each other, according to Brown. That was around the same time Lueck's phone stopped receiving any data.

Neighbors told police that they saw the accused burning something in his backyard with gasoline on June 17 and 18. Police conducted a forensic investigation and found charred items that were consistent with Lueck's personal items, according to Brown. Police also found evidence that was forensically confirmed to be charred female human tissue, Brown said.

A DNA profile obtained during forensic testing compared and was consistent with a DNA profile obtained from Lueck's personal items, according to Brown.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    I read on FB that 2 arrests were made...?
    Looks like the one was arrested and the other taken in for questioning

Contractor says Utah student?s murder suspect asked him to build secret, soundproof room

https://fox4kc.com/2019/06/28/contra...undproof-room/

OGDEN, Utah ? A contractor from Ogden said he met with murder suspect Ayoola Ajayi a couple months prior to the murder of MacKenzie Lueck with a bizarre request: a small, secret, soundproof room in the basement of his Fairpark home.

Brian Wolf said at first when he met Ajayi, who went by the nickname ?AJ,? he thought the potential future customer was just a friendly, normal, talkative guy. Eventually, though, Wolf said he was so disturbed by Ajayi?s request to build a secret room that he turned down the job ? even though Ajayi told him he would be willing to pay whatever it takes.

KSTU was there when Wolf sat and watched the Salt Lake City Police Department?s press conference, announcing the end of the search for Lueck. It was the first time Wolf had seen Ajayi?s face since April.

?One hundred percent, that man that they arrested is the man I met? guaranteed,? Wolf said. ?I?m shaken right now. My heart is pounding. I?m almost about to cry. It?s scary. I feel sorry for that girl.?

Wolf said Ajayi wanted the secret room, which would have been about the size of a walk-in closet, to have a thumbprint lock and hooks hanging from the walls. Ajayi claimed the hooks were for a wine rack.

?He just said that his girlfriend was coming into town and he needed to get it done before she got there because she was a Mormon girl,? Wolf recalled. ?She didn?t know he drank, so he wanted to hide the alcohol from her, and I was like, ?Well, why do you need it to be soundproof???

Wolf said Ajayi?s response was not very convincing ? that he might want to listen to music by himself in the secret room.

As soon as Wolf saw the house on television, he reported what he knew to the police. Now he wonders if officers would have been able to do anything if he told them sooner.

?In my gut, when I walked out of there, I felt like something weird was going on? and it turns out there obviously was,? Wolf said. ?I just had a gut feeling the room he wanted built wasn?t appropriate for anything.?

Wolf said he still isn?t sure what Ajayi actually wanted the room for, but whatever it was, he refused to be a part of it.

?It wasn?t something where somebody would want to be in that room alone with him,? Wolf said. ?Even my nephew, when I got out to the truck, we both looked at each other and I was like, ?That was weird, right?? and he was like, ?Yeah, that was hella weird. We?re not doing this job right?? and I was like, ?Hell no!??

either a serial killer or about to be one

https://www.foxnews.com/us/mackenzie...ller-wife-utah

The estranged wife of the man accused of killing University of Utah student Mackenzie Lueck said in a new interview she fled from husband Ayoola Ajayi because he allegedly became mentally and physically abusive.

Ajayi, the 31-year-old charged Friday with aggravated murder in Lueck's death, is still legally married to Tenisha Jenkins Ajayi, but the two were no longer together after she left him and went into hiding, she said.

Speaking to the Daily Mail, Tenisha said she met Ayoola while she was pregnant in 2011, and the couple wed in June of that year.

"My Godmother said to me I’ve got someone for you,'" Tenisha said. "I asked her, 'Is he crazy, is he a killer?' But she said he was a good person."

At first, she said Ayoola was "cool" and "loving," and took care of her four children. But once her child was born, Tenisha said things changed. Ayoola allegedly told her he wanted to move from the couple's Dallas, Texas home back to Utah, a relocation Tenisha said she didn't support, citing her children.

Soon, Ayoola became angry and aggressive, she said, adding the two never consummated their marriage "because I was kinda scared of him."

"He was telling me not to talk to anybody. He used to check up on me. He started to get more and more aggressive," Tenisha told the Daily Mail. "Eventually he said he would kill me if I didn’t go to Utah."

She said the last time the two saw each other, at a friend's house in Dallas, Ayoola attacked her.

"He tried to tie me up with a phone cord. When I went to run, he blocked the door. I ended up jumping through a window and cutting my arm on the glass," Tenisha said. "He chased me into the street with a knife and cut me in the hand. I didn't go to the police but I moved out of my apartment so he couldn’t find me."

Tenisha said Ayoola refused to sign divorce papers, and alleged a friend of Ayoola's repeatedly called her and said she was going to be kidnapped.

"I was really frightened. He kept saying he was going to kill me," she said, adding that the calls prompted her to change her phone number and go into hiding afterward.

Yeah this guy definitely killed more than 1 person.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Yeah this guy definitely killed more than 1 person.
    I think he did sexually assault and beat up some women, but I think this was his first attempt at killing (and I am not sure he meant to kill her, I think he wanted to keep her as a sex slave). He was so bad at it, and I think if he had done it in the past and gotten away with it he wouldn't be this bad. But then again, maybe things just went wrong in this situation. Who knows.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/mackenzie...ned-utah-state

The man charged with murdering University of Utah student Mackenzie Lueck was previously accused of raping a coworker, who reportedly didn't press charges but wanted the incident recorded "in case he did the same thing to someone else."

Ayoola Ajayi, 31, was charged Friday with murder and kidnapping in the death of 23-year-old Lueck, in addition to charges of obstruction of justice and desecration of a body.

Years before Lueck's June 17 disappearance, Ajayi was accused by a coworker of sexual assault, according to The Salt Lake Tribune. The coworker said their contact began consensually at his home, but when she wanted to stop he refused and had sex with her anyway.

The woman immediately told authorities she didn't want to press charges, but said she only wanted the encounter reported "in case he did the same thing to someone else."

She reportedly appeared to blame herself for the interaction, as she said they began “doing stuff,” that “one thing led to another” and “she found herself in a compromising position.”

"She kept saying to me that she felt that it was her fault, because she was not assertive enough," an officer reportedly wrote in the police report. "I explained that all she needed to do was to say no, and that should be enough."

In a separate incident, in 2012, Ajayi was banned from the Utah State University, KSTU reported. He was arrested by campus police for alleged possession of stolen property.

Investigators alleged Ajayi lied about his status at school, and said he had a girlfriend who lived on campus. Officials, however, reportedly believed Ajayi was homeless and was using campus facilities.

A motion was filed Tuesday to extend the jail hold for Ajayi in Utah in the Lueck case and the Salt Lake County District Attorney's Office received the extension to file charges against Ajayi next week. Prosecutors said that until then, Ajayi will be held without bail.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/05/us/ma...ion/index.html

Mackenzie Lueck's body has been found, police say

The body of University of Utah student Mackenzie Lueck has been found in a canyon north of Salt Lake City, police said Friday.

Salt Lake City Police Chief Mike Brown said in a news conference that he was "relieved and grief-stricken" to report that Lueck's body was recovered Wednesday in Logan Canyon, about 90 miles north of Salt Lake City. Investigators were subsequently able to forensically confirm it was Lueck, Brown said.
    Salt Lake County District Attorney Sim Gill, who earlier this week was granted an extension to file charges against Ajayi, said at Friday's news conference that his office would move forward with formally filing charges in the "early part of next week."

The investigation, Gill stressed, remains ongoing.

A suspect would typically only be allowed to be held in custody for 72 hours before charges are filed or they must be released. Because of the extension, Gill told CNN, his office has until Wednesday at 5 p.m. local time.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/mackenzie...killer-charged

The man accused of killing Mackenzie Lueck was formally charged Wednesday as prosecutors revealed during an emotional press conference that the University of Utah student was found dead with her arms bound behind her back "by a zip tie and rope" and that she had a 2-inch hole in her skull.

Salt Lake County District Attorney Sim Gill said Alooya Ajayi has been charged with aggravated murder, aggravated kidnapping, obstruction of justice and desecration of a human body. The remains of the 23-year-old student were dug up 80 miles north of Salt Lake City last Wednesday.

“Mackenzie’s arms were bound behind her back by a zip tie and rope," Gill said. "A five-centimeter hole was located on the left side of her skull with part of her left scalp missing.”
    The man accused of killing Mackenzie Lueck was formally charged Wednesday as prosecutors revealed during an emotional press conference that the University of Utah student was found dead with her arms bound behind her back "by a zip tie and rope" and that she had a 2-inch hole in her skull.

Salt Lake County District Attorney Sim Gill said Alooya Ajayi has been charged with aggravated murder, aggravated kidnapping, obstruction of justice and desecration of a human body. The remains of the 23-year-old student were dug up 80 miles north of Salt Lake City last Wednesday.

“Mackenzie’s arms were bound behind her back by a zip tie and rope," Gill said. "A five-centimeter hole was located on the left side of her skull with part of her left scalp missing.”

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Ugh. WTF did he do to her?!?

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

I wonder if he was trying to pull a Dahmer and give her a ghetto lobotomy.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    Ugh. WTF did he do to her?!?
    I'd guess he hit her with something that was solid and heavy very hard

Quote Originally Posted by Jumaki15 View Post
    I'd guess he hit her with something that was solid and heavy very hard
    - insert dick joke here -

https://www.sltrib.com/news/politics...ajayi-suspect/

The 2012 report from Utah State University says police there wanted Ayoola Ajayi charged with a class B misdemeanor for stealing an iPad.

What happened after that has been a mystery in the three weeks since he was accused of kidnapping and killing MacKenzie Lueck in Salt Lake City, when reporters and investigators tried to reconstruct his background. Utah’s court database has no listing of charges being filed.

A piece of the puzzle was solved Wednesday. An employee who answered the phone at the Cache County jail confirmed its records on Ajayi had been expunged.

Cache County Attorney James Swink, whose office would have prosecuted the theft, also has said he and his staff have no record of the case. While Swink could not confirm whether Ajayi had received an expungement, the lack of documentation corroborates that Ajayi went through Utah’s legal process of having his prosecution erased from the public record.

That doesn’t necessarily mean that Ajayi, now 31, was convicted. Utah State Courts’ webpage on expungements explains that someone can have records of an arrest and investigation sealed even if there was no conviction.

But people convicted of crimes have more incentive to seek an expungement. Convictions, even for a misdemeanor offense like Ajayi was suspected of, can prevent people from gaining jobs, loans, serving in the military and obtaining concealed firearm permits.

People who knew Ajayi have said he carefully built an image of an educated professional. An expunged conviction would allowed Ajayi to say “the arrest or conviction did not happen,” according to the Utah State Courts. It also would have prevented the public, including Lueck, from finding any conviction in a public records search. No one has suggested knowledge of the theft case would have prevented Lueck’s murder.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/utah-city...-was-last-seen

A Utah municipal council's members voted 4-3 on Tuesday to replace "dummy" cameras in the park where University of Utah student Mackenzie Lueck was last seen alive.

On June 17 around 3 a.m., the 23-year-old Lueck met with 31-year-old Ayoola Ajayi at Hatch Park near Salt Lake City after she'd been dropped off by a Lyft driver, according to police. Ajayi was arrested and charged with her murder in late June.

Police say phone records indicate that Ajayi was the last person to communicate with Lueck before her disappearance, and that they were both in the area around 3 a.m.

Authorities were not able to use surveillance footage from the 17 cameras at the park because only four of them were functional at the time of her disappearance. This was the case in spite of signs indicating otherwise, City Manager Ken Leetham said in June, according to reports by the Desert News. Many of the cameras were "dummy" units only, meant to deter crime.

The North Salt Lake City Council committed to replacing the cameras, at the urging of Lueck's friend Ashley Fine. At the meeting, Fine said the faux cameras give people at the park "a false sense of security."

The council acknowledged that the community needs new cameras because people now know the ones in place don't work. But Mayor Len Arave would not reveal when they would be replaced. The cameras run about $6,000 to $8,000 each.

Thread Information