Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mackenzie Lueck (23) was found dead in a shallow grave weeks after she went missing

Mackenzie Lueck (23) was found dead in a shallow grave weeks after she went missing

https://patch.com/utah/salt-lake-cit...t-ride-airport

SALT LAKE CITY, UT ? Police are searching for a 23-year-old University of Utah student who was last seen taking a Lyft ride from Salt Lake City International Airport to North Salt Lake City. Mackenzie Lueck returned to Salt Lake City June 17th and was last seen in the early morning hours that day, which was a Monday.

Police said they're conducting a missing persons investigation and have spoken with Lyft as well as the Lyft driver. Both are cooperating with investigators.

Police said they have not uncovered any information that would suggest Lueck was hurt or in danger, but noted investigators are concerned about her well-being.

Lueck had been attending a funeral for a family member in California, KSTU-TV reported. She sent her parents a text message around 1 a.m. notifying them she landed.

Lueck's friend Ashley Fine told The Salt Lake Tribune that Lueck didn't show up for work at a Millcreek medical lab and didn't go to her classes.

Alumnae of the university's Alpha Chi Omega sorority posted fliers in the area on Friday, Fine said.

"We went by her home. We wanted to be close to her," Fine said.

Lueck stands 5-feet-6-inches tall and weighs about 120 pounds. She has a slim, athletic build, medium length blonde hair and brown eyes.

https://fox13now.com/2019/06/23/sear...ckenzie-lueck/

SALT LAKE CITY — Salt Lake City Police report they are in connection with Mackenzie Lueck’s Lyft driver, the last known person to have been with the missing 23-year-old.

At this time, police said they have no reason to believe the driver was involved with Lueck going missing and that he is cooperating with their investigation.

As police work through the evidence on their end, Lueck’s sorority sister’s from the University of Utah continue their search.

Handing out flyers at Liberty Park, Ashley Fine said the circumstances behind Lueck’s disappearance are alarming.

RELATED STORY
    University of Utah student reported missing since Monday

Lueck had been at a family funeral in California, and the last time anyone heard from her was when she texted her parents at 1 a.m. Monday, saying she had landed safely back in Salt Lake City.

“Not going home to your pets or your roommates, or just dropping your luggage off, that’s very abnormal,” Fine said. “Not going to work. Having your phone off for five days now, very very bizarre and alarming.”

Police said Lueck took a Lyft ride from the airport, but that there were no irregularities in the driver’s route - he went to the destination entered in by the rider.

As far as reaching out to Lueck through social media, Fine said she’s reached out while the media shows she’s active.

“It might show that she is active on social media, but that is not Mackenzie,” Fine said.

Instead, it’s friends and family going through Lueck’s account, she said.

Whether searching on social media, or with boots on the ground, Fine said they hope one message comes across clear — they want Lueck to come home.

“We hope you’re okay, we want you home,” she said. “We’re so, so worried about you. Your family is really worried about you. All of your friends are here.”

Anyone with information that may be helpful to the investigation can contact Salt Lake City Police at (801) 799-3000.

https://patch.com/utah/salt-lake-cit...fter-lyft-ride

SALT LAKE CITY, UT — Police released surveillance photos of Mackenize Lueck, the missing 23-year-old University of Utah student, from the time her family last heard from her on Monday, June 17. The photos show Lueck at Salt Lake City International Airport.

Time stamps on the surveillance photos show that Lueck deplaned from an aircraft at 2:09 a.m. and got into a Lyft at 2:40 a.m. During the 31 minutes that Lueck was at the airport, she did not appear to talk to anyone and walked from the jetway to catch the Lyft, Salt Lake City Assistant Police Chief Tim Doubt told reporters at a press conference on Tuesday. The press conference was broadcast live on the Salt Lake City Police Facebook page.

She also made a quick stop to pick up her luggage before leaving the airport, Doubt said. The photos show what Lueck was wearing on the day she was last heard from.

View image on TwitterView image on TwitterView image on TwitterView image on Twitter

SLC Police Dept.

@slcpd
    Replying to @slcpd
    Pictures of Mackenzie Lueck at the Salt Lake City International airport on June 17, 2019. #missingperson #mackenzielueck

12:59 PM - Jun 25, 2019 ? Salt Lake City, UT
    51 people are talking about this
    Twitter Ads info and privacy
    Police have received over 125 tips related to the case and asked anyone with information to continue to call the dedicated tip line at 801-799-4420.

So far, police have said there is no evidence that any foul play may have occurred but due to the circumstances of the case, authorities want to make sure the 23-year-old woman is safe.

Doubt said that police received a call from the woman's family late Thursday afternoon saying they had not heard from her since the early morning hours of June 17.

Doubt said that Lueck texted her mother at 2:01 a.m. local time on Monday, shortly after landing in Salt Lake City. Lueck had been visiting family in California for a funeral and returned to Utah on Monday.

From the airport, Lueck took a Lyft to Hatch Park, Doubt said. After reaching the park at 2:59 a.m., she was met by a person in a car. As of Tuesday, police have not provided a description of the person or the car.

Doubt said on Tuesday that the description of the person is vague and it could be a man or a woman. Doubt also added that police want the person in question to contact police.

The Lyft driver said Lueck did not appear to be in distress and police have no reason to question the driver's story, according to Doubt.

In the time that Lueck has not been heard from, she missed an exam and a scheduled flight to Los Angeles on June 23, according to Doubt. Detectives have tried to locate Lueck via her phone but it is turned off.

Doubt said that occassionally police work a missing persons case where the individual does not want to have contact with family or friends.

If that is the case, Doubt addressed Lueck directly and implored her to either reach out to police in Salt Lake City or to a local police deparment where she may be.

"We just want to make sure you are safe and we will respect your wishes," Doubt said.

Doubt said police were not aware of Lueck having any history of going off the grid or any mental health issues.

Authorities have canvassed the area of Hatch Park multiple times to get surveillance and are also knocking on doors to rule out anyone there who may have had contact with Lueck or seen anything.

Doubt also said detectives need the public's help in answering a number of questions, including:

Does Mackenzie have an alternate phone that she has used or is using?

Who did Mackenzie meet in North Salt Lake City?

Does Mackenzie have any social media accounts we don't know about?

And is anyone in contact with Mackenzie online or by phone currently or within the last week?

Anyone else been reading the posts on TCS FB page? Looks like this missing chick was a Sugar Baby...

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    Anyone else been reading the posts on TCS FB page? Looks like this missing chick was a Sugar Baby...
    Haven't had much time to look over there, but there's this;

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...p9lDYvHwDF6zGc

EXCLUSIVE: Missing University of Utah nursing student, 23, boasted she was a SUGAR BABY who had two sugar daddies and sought out men over 35 on Seeking Arrangement and Tinder

She sure was! Are you in the group? Theres so much going on

At first I was side eyeing the lyft driver-now I’m thinking it could be anyone. I’m not trying to sound mean or insensitive, but c’mon by 23 you should know not to meet strange people off the internet. One of her”sugar daddies” could be married and she unknowingly met up with their pissed off wife.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post

What group?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    What group?
    Liv's True Crime Society on FB

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    Yep! But it is hard to keep up with all the comments lol.

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    That kind of shit just makes me sad. I get the whole sugar daddy/baby thing, but when you're wealthy, you have a shit ton of resources at your disposal, and you may or may not have any type of moral compass. That can make for some really bad outcomes for people like Mackenzie.

People are assholes until proven otherwise.

Spend any time on this forum and you'll see just how true this statement is.

I hope they find her alive, and soon.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

https://abc7.com/police-have-person-...udent/5368025/

SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (KABC) -- Salt Lake City police said there is a person of interest in the case of missing Southern California college student MacKenzie Lueck, but no arrests have been made yet.

Salt Lake City Police Chief Mike Brown said in a Thursday news conference the owner of a home that was served a search warrant Wednesday night was the person of interest in the case. He did not identify the person by name.

Brown said multiple items of evidence were reviewed by detectives during the search and the items are in the process of being tested and analyzed.

Brown went on to say police are searching for a mattress and box spring that were given away from the home around the time Lueck disappeared.

View image on Twitter
    View image on Twitter

SLC Police Dept.

@slcpd
    Replying to @slcpd
    We are looking to find this mattress as well as a box spring in relation to this case. These items were possibly given away from 547 N. 1000 W. If you picked up these items please contact us at 801-799-3000 #MackenzieLueck #missingperson

9:19 AM - Jun 27, 2019
    292 people are talking about this
    Twitter Ads info and privacy

Lueck, a 23-year-old from El Segundo, California, has been missing for more than a week since she flew back to school in Utah.

RELATED: Authorities in Utah release new photos of last time missing college student seen in public

The University of Utah student flew back to Southern California earlier this month for her grandmother's funeral. When she returned to Salt Lake City on Monday, June 17, she texted her mother to say she had landed safely.

Since that text, she hasn't been heard from.

Police say she took a Lyft from the airport, but did not go home, instead meeting someone at a park in North Salt Lake.

Her phone has been off since then and she's missed her exams. Her friends and family have not heard from her. She was also supposed to return to Southern California last weekend for a wedding.

Investigators say the Lyft driver provided other rides immediately after dropping her off. The driver and the company are cooperating with the investigation.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    https://nypost.com/2019/06/28/missin...tagram-report/

Missing college student Mackenzie Lueck was recently active on Instagram
    An arrest has been made

Quote Originally Posted by Jp1129 View Post
    An arrest has been made
    I read on FB that 2 arrests were made...?

From that link: "Investigators are also looking to find out who took a mattress and box spring from the house several days ago, the outlet reported. The homeowner apparently used an online exchange platform to dispose of the items, according to the report".

I was not aware that was a thing.
    I'll start being nicer when you start being smarter!

Quote Originally Posted by Jerkface! View Post
    From that link: "Investigators are also looking to find out who took a mattress and box spring from the house several days ago, the outlet reported. The homeowner apparently used an online exchange platform to dispose of the items, according to the report".

I was not aware that was a thing.
    I'm not a big FB person, and I certainly wouldn't exchange a mattress, but apparently people exchange all kinds of things on FB marketplace.

Sorry to serial post, but I wanted to point this out:

https://www.ksl.com/article/46583923...ackenzie-lueck
    Yeah he's been charged with "desecration of a body" so looks like he burned her body to get rid of any trace of her....though I read they found human tissue

Here is another link:

The remains of 23-year-old Mackenzie Lueck of El Segundo have been found in the backyard of a Salt Lake City home, and it’s owner was arrested Friday and charged with her murder.
    https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2019...ckenzie-lueck/

Last edited by raisedbywolves; 06-28-2019 at 11:50 AM.

https://patch.com/utah/salt-lake-cit...ackenzie-lueck

Update

SALT LAKE CITY, UT — Police in Salt Lake City have arrested a man in relation to the homicide of Mackenzie Lueck, the 23-year-old University of Utah student who was last heard from in the early morning hours of June 17.

On Friday, Salt Lake City Police Chief Mike Brown told reporters at a press conference that the person of interest whose home was searched on Wednesday night is charged with aggravated murder, aggravated kidnapping, obstruction of justice and desecration of a body.

Brown identified the accused as 31-year-old Ayoola Adisa Ajayi.

"I will not be saying the killer's name again," Brown said.

Brown said authorities are continuing to investigate to determine whether the accused had help or acted alone.

On the day Lueck was last heard from, she had landed at Salt Lake City International Airport after a visit to California for a funeral. Lueck left the airport around 2:40 a.m. and took a Lyft to Hatch Park where she met someone with a car. Around the time that she reached Hatch Park at 3 a.m. on June 17, all communications ceased from Lueck and her phone stopped receiving data or location services, Brown said.

Brown said the accused denied having any contact with Lueck or knowing what she looked like. He admitted to texting with Lueck on June 16 around 6 p.m. but nothing after, according to Brown.

Investigations of phone records showed the location of both Lueck and the accused's phones to be Hatch Park within a minute of each other, according to Brown. That was around the same time Lueck's phone stopped receiving any data.

Neighbors told police that they saw the accused burning something in his backyard with gasoline on June 17 and 18. Police conducted a forensic investigation and found charred items that were consistent with Lueck's personal items, according to Brown. Police also found evidence that was forensically confirmed to be charred female human tissue, Brown said.

A DNA profile obtained during forensic testing compared and was consistent with a DNA profile obtained from Lueck's personal items, according to Brown.

I read on FB that 2 arrests were made...?
    Looks like the one was arrested and the other taken in for questioning

Contractor says Utah student?s murder suspect asked him to build secret, soundproof room

https://fox4kc.com/2019/06/28/contra...undproof-room/

OGDEN, Utah ? A contractor from Ogden said he met with murder suspect Ayoola Ajayi a couple months prior to the murder of MacKenzie Lueck with a bizarre request: a small, secret, soundproof room in the basement of his Fairpark home.

Brian Wolf said at first when he met Ajayi, who went by the nickname ?AJ,? he thought the potential future customer was just a friendly, normal, talkative guy. Eventually, though, Wolf said he was so disturbed by Ajayi?s request to build a secret room that he turned down the job ? even though Ajayi told him he would be willing to pay whatever it takes.

KSTU was there when Wolf sat and watched the Salt Lake City Police Department?s press conference, announcing the end of the search for Lueck. It was the first time Wolf had seen Ajayi?s face since April.

?One hundred percent, that man that they arrested is the man I met? guaranteed,? Wolf said. ?I?m shaken right now. My heart is pounding. I?m almost about to cry. It?s scary. I feel sorry for that girl.?

Wolf said Ajayi wanted the secret room, which would have been about the size of a walk-in closet, to have a thumbprint lock and hooks hanging from the walls. Ajayi claimed the hooks were for a wine rack.

?He just said that his girlfriend was coming into town and he needed to get it done before she got there because she was a Mormon girl,? Wolf recalled. ?She didn?t know he drank, so he wanted to hide the alcohol from her, and I was like, ?Well, why do you need it to be soundproof???

Wolf said Ajayi?s response was not very convincing ? that he might want to listen to music by himself in the secret room.

As soon as Wolf saw the house on television, he reported what he knew to the police. Now he wonders if officers would have been able to do anything if he told them sooner.

?In my gut, when I walked out of there, I felt like something weird was going on? and it turns out there obviously was,? Wolf said. ?I just had a gut feeling the room he wanted built wasn?t appropriate for anything.?

Wolf said he still isn?t sure what Ajayi actually wanted the room for, but whatever it was, he refused to be a part of it.

?It wasn?t something where somebody would want to be in that room alone with him,? Wolf said. ?Even my nephew, when I got out to the truck, we both looked at each other and I was like, ?That was weird, right?? and he was like, ?Yeah, that was hella weird. We?re not doing this job right?? and I was like, ?Hell no!??

either a serial killer or about to be one

Yeah this guy definitely killed more than 1 person.

I wonder if he was trying to pull a Dahmer and give her a ghetto lobotomy.

Thread Information