Thread: Teenager arrested in deadly Orangevale shooting, officials say

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Teenager arrested in deadly Orangevale shooting, officials say

https://www.kcra.com/article/orangev...icide/28008724

ORANGEVALE, Calif. (KCRA) ?
    A teenager was arrested Thursday in connection with a man?s shooting death at an Orangevale home, the Sacramento County Sheriff?s Office said.

The 17-year-old boy was booked into juvenile hall after being detained earlier in the day.

Advertisement
    Deputies were responding to a report of a family disturbance at around 10 a.m. in the 9100 block of Pershing Avenue. When they arrived at the home, they found a man with gunshot wounds to his upper body, the Sheriff?s Office said.

The man was taken to a nearby hospital, where he was declared dead, authorities said.

"It wasn't until when I actually came out that I saw someone covered with a little bit of blood, and then I just saw police and everyone show up," said neighbor Cindy Loredo, who heard arguing but no gunshots.

Several witnesses were at the home at the time of the shooting. The teen was then detained, officials said.

?When there?s several people at a location and something like this occurs, it does take some time to kind of untangle who was there, who saw what,? said Sgt. Tess Deterding, sheriff?s spokesperson. And clearly with it being, you know, early in the morning on a weekday, if anybody heard or saw anything, we encourage them to call and let us know.?

Caleb Aziz, who referred to himself as an associate of the people at the home where the shooting happened, said there was a physical fight before the shooting.

"Basically, there was a confrontation that went down. Words were discussed, and somebody very young did something he wasn't supposed to, you know," he said. "He had a gun. Didn't plan out exactly how it was supposed to go down. That's basically it. It was a horrible situation."

It is unclear how the teen knew the man who was killed.

No other details were released.

https://www.sacbee.com/news/local/cr...231532433.html

A man died after being shot inside an Orangevale residence Thursday morning, according to the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Office.

The shooting was reported by neighbors shortly after 10 a.m. in the 9100 block of Pershing Avenue initially as a “family disturbance,” sheriff’s spokeswoman Sgt. Tess Deterding said.

In a subsequent call to dispatch, the reporting party said there had been a gunshot, Deterding said.

When deputies arrived, they found a man in his early 20s with a gunshot wound to the upper body, according to Deterding. The man was transported to a local hospital, where he was later pronounced dead.

A teenage boy has been detained for questioning in relation to the shooting, but the teen’s relationship with the victim was not immediately clear, Deterding said.

At least one other person was in the residence at the time of the shooting, Deterding said. No suspects are believed to be outstanding.

The victim will be identified by the coroner’s office pending notification of family.

The investigation remains active, with homicide detectives and crime scene investigators still at the scene Thursday afternoon.

Anyone with information regarding the incident is urged to call the sheriff’s office at 916-874-5115

This is sooooo close to me (grew up in OV, my dad still lives there), it's all over local news and my FB. Really curious to know more info but it seems the local news isn't very good at updating, so I am sure we won't know more. Hoping local people on FB can post info.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    This is sooooo close to me (grew up in OV, my dad still lives there), it's all over local news and my FB. Really curious to know more info but it seems the local news isn't very good at updating, so I am sure we won't know more. Hoping local people on FB can post info.
    The local news needs to hire Kambling and fire everyone else.

Thread Information