Thread: Body Of Texas Police Chief (Kemah Police Chief Chris Reed, 50) Found In Houston Ship Channel

Body Of Texas Police Chief (Kemah Police Chief Chris Reed, 50) Found In Houston Ship Channel

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2019/06/09/...-ship-channel/

HOUSTON (CBSDFW.COM/AP) ? The body of a Texas police chief who fell out of a boat into Galveston Bay was recovered Sunday, authorities say.

The U.S. Coast Guard says a search crew pulled Kemah Police Chief Chris Reed?s body from the water of the Houston Ship Channel, ending a 40-hour search.

The 50-year-old police chief had been missing since 4 p.m. Friday, when authorities say he was thrown overboard without a life jacket when a wave from a large passing vessel struck his boat.

The Coast Guard says more than a dozen local, state and federal agencies scoured more than 650 square miles before a Galveston County boat crew found Reed?s body about 1? miles north of the Texas City Dike just before 8 a.m.

?He?s just a really good cop,? Texas City police chief Joe Stanton said. ?He?s been in this county a long time, worked for several different agencies. I know he was a big part of Kemah and everything they were accomplishing and doing over there. He?s just a big part of this Galveston County community as far as law enforcement.?

(? Copyright 2019 CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)

I despise Maersk because they treated my husband terribly when he worked for them but I also live near the bay and feel that his wife's cash grab lawsuit is without merit. The bay/ship channel is full of ships--It is a major, bustling point of commerce for the city of Galveston. There are large ships EVERYWHERE and they can only do so much to keep the wake level down. Also, he should have been wearing a life jacket.
    https://abc13.com/kemah-pd-chiefs-fa...death/5412309/

Thread Information