Thread: Clerk who shot thief charged with murder

Clerk who shot thief charged with murder

http://www.crimelibrary.com/news/ap/0507/0102_clerk_shot_thief.html

Clerk who shot thief charged with murder

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — A gas station clerk in Nashville has been indicted on charges of second-degree murder in the shooting death of an unarmed thief.

Surveillance cameras show 22-year-old Richard Marcus Huddleston stealing baseball hats and beer from a Shell Market on March 10th.

Authorities said clerk Jefferson Bilbrey then chased him out of the store and shot him as he attempted to get in a car near the gas pumps.

Police spokesman Don Aaron said the clerk was charged because officers concluded any threat from the thief ended before the shooting.

Bilbrey was released from jail after posting $80,000 bond.

__________________________________________________ __
    "It's always been the way that it has been. Falling through a hole inside myself, I can't remember hardly anything, but i remember holding your hand...." 

Re: Clerk who shot thief charged with murder

What about the threat to his livelyhood if all of his merchandise is stolen by crumbums who he can't defend against? I don't think anyone defending thier house, thier store, or thier items should be charged with murder if someone else was stupid enough to try and break the law robbing someone. The victim here isn't the victim IMO.

[quote author=AlexaC link=topic=7817.msg391275#msg391275 date=1180715042]
    What about the threat to his livelyhood if all of his merchandise is stolen by crumbums who he can't defend against? I don't think anyone defending thier house, thier store, or thier items should be charged with murder if someone else was stupid enough to try and break the law robbing someone. The victim here isn't the victim IMO.
    [/quote]

I think one of the dumbest things ive heard of is that if someone is trying to break into your house and they get hurt then you can get sued.. O_O
    "It's always been the way that it has been. Falling through a hole inside myself, I can't remember hardly anything, but i remember holding your hand...." 

The robber was an asshole obviously but you shouldn't take a life to defend property. 

so it's okay to shoot an unarmed person? the clerk obviously saw that the robber has no weapon with him. i think it's right to sue him. he didn't shot because he was in danger and had to defend himself.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; <br />&nbsp; &nbsp; Euripides (484 BC - 406 BC), The Bacchae, circa 407 B.C.

Tagging this.

http://tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070531/NEWS03/705310388/1017/NEWS

The March shooting was not the first time Bilbrey had fired his gun at the business, police said. In September, Bilbrey fired at the tire of an 18-wheeler that pulled into the store's parking lot. Police reports say the driver of the 18-wheeler was turning around and Bilbrey was outside taking trash to a container when, he said, the tractor-trailer came close to hitting him.

After the shot, &quot;the rig kept going and traveled onto the interstate,&quot; police said in a statement.

This is one nut cake who shouldn't have a gun.
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

I wouldn't be surprised if he took this job just in hopes of getting the chance to shoot someone.

i bet this guy would shoot a baby if it dares to touch a lollipop in his store
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; <br />&nbsp; &nbsp; Euripides (484 BC - 406 BC), The Bacchae, circa 407 B.C.

Thread Information