Thread: Maleah Davis found deceased after going missing and her mom's ex-fiance has been arrested

Maleah Davis found deceased after going missing and her mom's ex-fiance has been arrested

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/maleah-...rl-2019-05-31/

Houston police say the remains of a child have been found in Arkansas in the vicinity of where a man allegedly said he dumped the body of a missing 4-year-old Texas girl. Houston Police say they can't confirm the remains found in Fulton, Arkansas are Maleah Davis, but said investigators believe it might be the girl.

Sheriff James Singleton in Arkansas' Hempstead County said his agency and others had begun searching Friday afternoon outside of Hope, Arkansas, at the request of Houston police. Shortly after the search began, Singleton said his department was notified that a work crew in neighboring Fulton had discovered a black garbage bag off the side of a road emitting a foul odor.

Houston police said later Friday the remains are those of a child. A medical examiner will determine the child's identity.

Darion Vence, the ex-fiance of Maleah's mother, is charged with tampering with a human corpse in connection to Maleah's disappearance a month ago. A community activist said Vence confessed he disposed of her body 300 miles away in southwest Arkansas. Quanell X, a local civil rights activist, says he spoke on Friday in jail with Derion Vence, who had earlier claimed Maleah was abducted.

Quanell X says Vence said Friday morning that Maleah died by accident and confessed he drove to Arkansas, where he dumped the girl's body. Quanell X declined to comment on what Vence said happened to the girl.

Quanell X had previously acted as a spokesman for Maleah's mother, but said two days ago he was no longer representing her because he believes she knows what happened to the child. The woman has not been charged in relation to her daughter's disappearance.

First published on May 31, 2019 / 7:31 PM

https://abc13.com/maleah-davis-suspe...9-7feee31cbed7

HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) -- Calling his son innocent, the father of Derion Vence, the only suspect in the case of missing Maleah Davis, spoke out from his home in St. Louis.

In an interview with the IckedMel YouTube Channel run by Melvin Cedeno, Joe Vence Sr. admits his son's story of being attacked and kidnapped while checking a tire sounds far-fetched, but he is asking the public to hold back judgement.

"Yeah, I believe my son is innocent and I believe his story," Joe said. "Derion had those kids most of the time, he's the one who took care of the kids."

Vence says his son was the most responsible adult in Maleah and her two brother's lives, doing all the daycare drop-offs, most of the pick-ups, helping them with developmental delays and raising Maleah like his own.

He says the little girl's mother, Brittany Bowens, is a liar.

"I really believe either she has something to do with it, like he's been set up in some type of way," Joe said. "I know he didn't do anything to her because he loves her. He's been taking care of her since she was like 1-year-old."

And as for the allegations made by Maleah's mother, claiming Derion abused and molested the little girl, he says they're fabricated.

"Why would you leave your child at home with him if he's doing all of these things?" Joe said.

A surveillance picture shared by a source close to the case shows the last time Maleah was seen alive. Wearing a pink tutu, she was walking back into the family apartment with Derion on Tuesday, April 30.

On the same day, her mother flew out of town. Police said they verified her trip.

SEE ALSO: Bond set for suspect in Maleah Davis' disappearance

Four days later, another image shows Derion carrying a laundry basket with a large garbage bag out of the apartment.

"He was actually doing laundry," Joe explained.

But it was later that same day, on Friday, May 3, when investigators say a surveillance camera caught Derion leaving the apartment again, with only his 1-year-old son.

Hours later, Derion claimed he, Maleah and that son were attacked and kidnapped.

Investigators have charged Derion with tampering with evidence related to a corpse.

They say two cadaver dogs hit on the trunk of the family car, and inside the family apartment they found drops of blood in the hallway and bathroom that matched the little girl's DNA.

"The blood that they said they found inside the house, if you look at the report, it says related to Maleah because it's her brother's blood from his toothbrush," Joe said.

Court records say the blood matched DNA from Maleah's toothbrush.

Derion's father remains steadfast in his belief that his son is innocent.

"He's not the type of person that's going to harm a child at all," Joe said.

Derion Vence remains behind bars on a $45,000 bond.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...is/1320537001/

Investigators searching for a missing Texas 4-year-old have found the remains of the child in Arkansas, authorities said Monday.

The remains found Friday were confirmed to be Maleah Davis, who was reported missing more than three weeks ago, according to the Harris County Institute of Forensic Scientists. Homicide investigators are bringing the remains back to Houston for an autopsy, police said.

"We are all saddened by the confirmation of the identification of the remains brought home to Houston by members of the Houton Police Department as Maleah Davis," said Chief Art Acevedo in a statement Monday. "However, we are heartened by the fact this sweet child can now receive the proper burial she deserved and that those who knew and loved her most desired."

Authorities discovered the remains after getting a tip from local activist Quanell X, who said he spoke with Derion Vence, the ex-fiance of Maleah’s mother, Brittany Bowens, Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner said at a press conference.

Quanell X said Vence, who was arrested May 11 in connection with Maleah’s disappearance, told him Maleah is dead and that he dumped the girl’s body in Arkansas off the side of a road. The activist declined to comment on what Vence told him regarding how Maleah had died.

“One thing he wanted to make clear to me was what happened to Maleah was an accident,” he told KTRK.

Local authorities in Arkansas began the search as Houston police traveled to assist them. Shortly after the search began, a highway work crew found a black garbage bag emitting a “foul odor” near Fulton, according to Hempstead County Sheriff James Singleton.

Vence told officers that he, Maleah and his 2-year-old son were abducted May 4 by a group of men in a truck. He said he and his son were freed the next day, but the kidnappers kept Maleah and his silver Nissan Altima.

Police said Vence’s story kept changing and didn’t add up.

This undated photo released by the Houston Police Department shows Maleah Davis.
    This undated photo released by the Houston Police Department shows Maleah Davis. (Photo: AP)

The Nissan was found and trained dogs detected the scent of human decomposition in the trunk.

Vence was seen on surveillance video taking a large laundry basket with a trash bag as well as cleaning supplies from his apartment on May 3. A basket similar to the one seen on the surveillance video was found in the Nissan’s trunk.

Investigators also found blood in the hallway and bathroom of Bowens and Vence’s apartment. The blood is consistent with DNA samples taken from Maleah’s toothbrush, authorities said.

Vence has been charged with tampering with evidence, specifically a human corpse.

https://abc13.com/i-aint-no-killer-d...davis/5330947/

HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) -- Derion Vence, the primary suspect connected to the death of Maleah Davis, spoke in an exclusive jailhouse interview with ABC13's Chauncy Glover. He tearfully denied killing the 4-year-old girl.

"I ain't no killer, bro," Vence said. "Chauncy, I loved Maleah so much. I did for her more than her own parents. I never had a biological daughter. I would never do anything to hurt her. That's not me. Ask anyone who knows me, and they'll tell you I'm not that type of dude and I was good with the kids."

Vence is charged with tampering with evidence, namely a corpse.

He went on to say that he spent his 27th birthday in jail.

"I should be home with my family. With Maleah, the kids and Brittany, cooking dinner and watching Netflix," Vence said.

When Chauncy asked him about Maleah's death he said she didn't suffer.

"Nothing bad happened to Maleah," Vence said.

Maleah was found Friday, May 31 in Hope, Arkansas.

Houston community activist Quanell X provided the revelation, saying that Vence told him the girl is dead and that her body was dumped off a road in Arkansas.

According to Quanell, Vence admitted to him putting Maleah's body in a trash bag, putting the bag in the trunk and then driving to Hope, where he dumped the bag in a wooded area.

https://abc13.com/quanell-x-on-malea...apped/5325427/

HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) -- On Friday, Houston community activist Quanell X provided a jarring revelation in the month-long disappearance of 4-year-old Maleah Davis.

Saying that he talked with Derion Vence, the suspect in the girl's disappearance, Quanell said Vence told him the girl is dead and that her body was dumped off a road in Arkansas.

The revelation caused law enforcement to mobilize, with the search shifting to Hempstead County and the Hope, Arkansas area.

Hours after making that revelation, Quanell spoke with ABC13 Eyewitness News about what Vence told him. He said the 26-year-old was adamant that he was telling the truth.

"Derion snapped," Quanell told anchor Chauncy Glover.

In a 15-minute interview, which you can watch in the video above, Quanell said Vence told him he felt overwhelmed because he took care of Maleah and his other kids 90 percent of the time. The girl's mother, Brittany Bowens, was not there.

According to Quanell, Vence said Bowens was headed out of town when she called and accused him of being gay. Quanell said that is what Vence said set him off.

"He was angry with Brittany and he was very agitated with Brittany about her discovering him, sending these pictures of his private parts to another man and she calling him gay and saying that she was giving a ring back to him that drove him over the edge," Quanell said.

Bowens has denied claims of knowing about prior abuse or covering it up.

Quanell's talk with Vence produced pertinent information for police.

According to Quanell, Vence admitted to him putting Maleah's body in a trash bag, putting the bag in the trunk and then driving to Hope, where he dumped the bag in a wooded area.
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 08-10-2019 at 08:17 AM.

https://www.click2houston.com/news/i...vis-stepfather

Here is an update

HOUSTON - Investigators have obtained the cellphone records of Maleah Davis’ stepfather, according to court records.

Two court orders were filed this week with the most recent happening on Wednesday. That document is a search warrant showing investigators wanted to use the records of Derion Vence’s personal cellphone to determine who Vence called before and after 4-year-old girl's disappearance on April 30.

“A call history log will reveal with whom the defendant, Vence, communicated after the last time Maleah is seen on camera,” the document read.

The warrant, which was executed prior to last week’s discovery of remains in Arkansas, requested records from April 30 to May 15.

Maleah was last seen on surveillance cameras the morning of April 30 walking behind Vence at the family’s southwest Houston apartment complex.

Vence reported Maleah missing on May 4 and told investigators that he, Maleah and Maleah’s younger brother were attacked the day before when he stopped on a freeway to investigate a damaged tire. He said he was knocked out during the attack and when he regained consciousness, Maleah and the family’s car were missing.

Vence was later arrested and charged with tampering with evidence in connection with the case. He has been held in jail ever since.

Last week, community activist Quanell X said Vence confessed to him that he dumped Maleah’s body in Arkansas and that her death was the result of an accident. Human remains found in Arkansas were identified as those of Maleah.

The mother is definitely lying. I dont know if she was involved but she was there when it happened. You certainly can't sneak a 4yr old in the house w/o a mother knowing. She knew that baby was getting abused in every way and did nothing so I can certainly see her compliant in this as well. Poor little girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Rivers View Post
    The mother is definitely lying. I dont know if she was involved but she was there when it happened. You certainly can't sneak a 4yr old in the house w/o a mother knowing. She knew that baby was getting abused in every way and did nothing so I can certainly see her compliant in this as well. Poor little girl.
    https://www.crimeonline.com/2019/07/...mands-justice/

And now a court hearing has taken place in the parents.

Yeah the family has a point...she died from homicidal violence, why not charge him with murder?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Thread Information