Thread: Logan Hofkamp (27) died from acute alcohol intoxication

Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-18-2019 at 03:10 PM.

Manner
    ACCIDENT

Cause A
    ACUTE ETHANOL INTOXICATION

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

His obituary:

"December 18, 1991 -
    May 13, 2019

Logan James Hofkamp died unexpectedly on May 13, 2019 at his home in Santa Monica, CA due to an unknown heart condition.

He was born on December 18, 1991 to Keith Hofkamp and Susan Denton in Mount Vernon, WA. He attended school in Anacortes and Burlington, WA. He started college in St. Augustine, FL, studied abroad in England at the University of Cambridge, and graduated with a history degree from UCLA in California.

After college, he followed his love of the water and boats to start his own yacht charter company, Southern California Yachting, which he owned and operated until his passing.

He loved boating and being on the water, whether fishing or just cruising. He enjoyed salt water fishing, fly fishing, traveling and hunting with his brother, Travis. Logan was always ready for any new adventure, and traveled to Iceland, China, Indonesia and Singapore to name a few.

For those who knew him, they knew of his big smile, infectious laugh and his sense of humor. He had compassion, cared for others and was always ready to help someone. He will be deeply missed, but never forgotten and always in our hearts.

He was preceded in death by his grandparents and his beloved Aunt Kathy. He is survived by his father Keith Hofkamp (Tami), mother Susan Denton, brothers Travis Hofkamp and Roman Denton, as well as many aunts, uncles and cousins.

A celebration of Logan's life will be held on Sunday, September 15th at 4pm, with a ceremonial placement of ashes in the San Juan Islands, WA. For more information on attending, please email Keith at kwh5561@hot mail.com.

Please share your thoughts of Logan and sign the online guest register at www.hawthornefh.com

Local arrangements under the assistance of Hawthorne Funeral Home, Mount Vernon.
    Published in Skagit Valley Herald on Sept. 8, 2019"

https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/go...&pid=193574018

due to an unknown heart condition
    Why do people lie on an obit? If you don't want to say how he died, just leave it out.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    Why do people lie on an obit? If you don't want to say how he died, just leave it out.
    Because they absolutely want it in to create a false narrative. How many times have we seen family/friends come on here and argue with us that it wasn't suicide or something they think is "shameful" even after the ME rules it as such.

Humans are fallible, and sometimes we make bad choices or cannot overcome our demons...but often family and friends cannot accept that and feel that is tarnishes the deceased's whole life when they die in a "non-honorable" manner.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    I actually googled "alcohol + heart condition" when I had read this, because I found it kinda strange to say "due to an unknown heart condition" when somebody in fact dies from alcohol poisoning. In 2006, CNN did an interview with a cardiologist called Dr. Laurence Sperling concerning the so called "holiday heart syndrome". One of Sperling's answers is "Often this feeling of the holiday heart syndrome or atrial fibrillation or extra heart beats feels like your heart is beating out of your chest. It's racing. There can be associated ... symptoms like feeling short of breath, sometimes a pressure-like feeling in the throat or neck. It's not really dangerous. It could be dangerous in people who have significant undetected heart problems, and you start racing that heart and it's essentially a stress test."

You'll find it here: http://edition.cnn.com/2006/HEALTH/1...holiday.heart/

I think that in this case, one thing lead to the other, unfortunately.

http://mec.lacounty.gov/case-detail/...ber=2018-01206Probably to save face. Last year when the drummer from Mr. Big died, his family did the same thing. In this article it clearly says that he died from complications of Parkinson's. The LA County Coroner however had a completely different finding.

The family probably agreed he was depressed from having Parkinson's and that was the reason. Hence, complications from Parkinson's. It's reaching but not the real truth.

Thread Information