Thread: 'I had to shoot him': Chilling 911 call depicts deadly encounter between homeowner, intruder

'I had to shoot him': Chilling 911 call depicts deadly encounter between homeowner, intruder

https://www.kcra.com/article/i-had-t...ending+Content

SEATTLE (Video from KIRO) ?
    Warning: The video above contains the sound of gunfire and may be upsetting.

A dramatic 911 recording was released Tuesday that depicts a home invasion that turned deadly.

Advertisement
    Last week, a Seattle man shot and killed a burglar after he awoke to find the intruder inside his home. The White Center homeowner called 911 to report a burglary at about 2:45 a.m. Monday after hearing glass breaking downstairs. Audio obtained by KIRO details the terrifying ordeal.

Operator: "911, what are you reporting?"

Homeowner: "My house is getting robbed right now."

Operator: "Hey is that crashing I hear behind you? Is that them?"

Homeowner: "Yeah they broke the window out."

Operator: "Are you armed?

Homeowner: "Yeah, I have a gun."

Police said the 35-year-old homeowner was hiding in his bedroom closet while on the phone with the operator.

Operator: "Okay, your door locked?"

Then, gunshots are heard on the recording. According to KOMO, after about 75 seconds of muffled noise, the homeowner responds to the dispatcher.

Operator: "I heard shots -- what happened?"

Homeowner: "I had to shoot him. He came after me... please hurry. He's here on the ground. He's hurt."

Operator: "Where did you shoot him?"

Homeowner: "I don't know, I just tried to shoot, I just tried to shoot for the guy, that was it."

Officers and medics arrive moments later, but the 29-year-old unarmed burglar died.

Police say the homeowner will not face any charges.

?You have every right to protect your life and family if you are in fear of your life and safety,? said Ryan Abbott with the King County Sheriff?s Office.

This is cool. We need more like this! Fuck these people who want to steal your shit, shoot them dead. Good job to the homeowner!!!!!!

These ppl should know that, that's the risk you take when you break in someone's home. It's a shame that he died but the homeowner was in the right.

Thread Information