View Poll Results: Who's gonna win the election?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Biden

7 77.78%
  • Trump

0 0%
  • Biden, but Trump will legally steal it from him

1 11.11%
  • Pelosi, because it will go into legal proceedings until after the inauguaration

1 11.11%
Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34

Thread: Election 2020-get your popcorn ready!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/newsmax-a...064245500.html

Newsmax anchor Bob Sellers issued an apology after storming out of a live interview with MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell, as the pro-Trump guest refused to stop pushing conspiracy theories about voter fraud on his show.

The anchor of the conservative news outlet was back on screens on Wednesday, and told viewers he got “frustrated” as his guest continued to veer off topic. Sellers blamed himself in part for the confusion, as he attempted to pacify both viewers and Mr Lindell – who is also one of the channel’s biggest sponsors.

Sellers promised the channel’s viewers that the Trump-supporting pillow-maker would continue to be a regular and “important” guest on the channel.

Mr Lindell had been invited on to Tuesday’s show to discuss “free speech and cancel culture” after his Twitter account was, like that of Donald Trump himself, permanently banned. The executive had repeatedly pushed the former president’s rhetoric over election fraud claims.

But Mr Lindell, who is facing a potential lawsuit from Dominion Voting Systems over his unsubstantiated claims of machines being rigged, instead used the interview as a platform to again rant about the election.

Sellers repeatedly interrupted Mr Lindell, eventually turning off his microphone, and read a prepared statement to reject Mr Lindell’s election fraud claims before storming off set.

The anchor, who was himself accused of engaging in “cancel culture” by the channel’s pro-Trump audience on social media, said he could have handled things differently.

“If you watched American Agenda yesterday, you may have seen something out of the ordinary happen during an interview with Mike Lindell, the CEO of MyPillow,” Sellers said on Wednesday afternoon. “Mike is a friend of this network, and we were supposed to discuss Twitter’s decision to ban him and the impacts of cancel culture on his business.”

He attributed the incident over confusion about what was supposed to be the topic of the segment.

“Mike thought that we were to talk about vote fraud in the recent election. It’s a topic we have covered extensively on Newsmax,” the host said.

“I was frustrated that we couldn’t focus on the current, very pressing issue of free speech and cancel culture and, in hindsight, there is no question that I could have handled the end of the interview differently,” he added.

Analysts saw Newsmax, which rose to greater prominence after it was praised by Mr Trump for its favourable coverage of his attempts to fight the election result, has dialled down its pro-Trump stance in recent weeks after being threatened with lawsuits.

Two major voting machine companies, Dominion Voting Systems and Smartmatic, have threatened to sue the channel and others accused of promoting false conspiracy theories that damage their reputation.

“We at Newsmax have not been able to verify any of those kinds of allegations,” Sellers said as Mr Lindell again spoke out against Dominion on his show. “We just want to let people know that there’s nothing substantive about them.”

The videos of Sellers’ walkout went viral on social media and drew condemnation from many Trump supporters, some of whom called for the anchor to be fired.

Sellers concluded his apology by saying that Mr Lindell was already back on Newsmax by Tuesday night.

https://news.yahoo.com/david-hogg-la...190047385.html

March for Our Lives co-founder David Hogg tweeted on Thursday that he and software developer William LeGate are launching a pillow company to compete against MyPillow, which is led by Trump supporter CEO Mike Lindell.

Driving the news: Lindell is one of former President Trump’s most adamant defenders and has repeatedly shared unsubstantiated conspiracy theories about the election since President Biden took office.

Get smarter, faster with the news CEOs, entrepreneurs and top politicians read. Sign up for Axios Newsletters here.

Lindell had a tumultuous interview with Newsmax earlier this week, where anchors attempted to block the CEO from reiterating conspiracies about the 2020 election. He refused.

Dominion Voting Systems also sent a cease-and-desist letter to Lindell last month and ordered him to preserve all documents related to the company.

Lindell told Axios in response: "I want Dominion to put up their lawsuit because we have 100% evidence that China and other countries used their machines to steal the election."

The Department of Justice has found no evidence to support Lindell's claims about Dominion Voting Systems or widespread voter fraud.

Details... Hogg wrote that he and LeGate hope to "sell $1 million of product within our first year" and to launch in about six months.

"[W]e would like to do it sooner but we have strict guidelines on sustainability and [U.S.] based Union producers," Hogg added.

"Mike isn't going to know what hit him—this pillow fight is just getting started."

What they're saying: MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell told Axios in a text Thursday morning, "Good for them.... nothing wrong with competition that does not infringe on someone's patent."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/mypillow-...070212227.html

Holy Shit expect another round of riots to happen in DC and in State Capitals such as Sacramento as a result of Mike Lindell rants.

MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell has announced a three-hour film pushing baseless election-fraud claims.

He said on a Christian YouTube channel that it'd "mean the end times" if the film didn't catch on.

Early this week, Lindell was cut off by a Newsmax anchor for spouting election conspiracy theories.

Visit the Business section of Insider for more stories.

MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell appeared on the Christian YouTube channel The Revival Channel to announce that he's releasing a three-hour film Friday in support of his baseless claims of issues in the 2020 election.

"Absolute Proof" was made, he said, over a five-day period "holed up with people guarding me."

Speaking in front of a drab wall with a fake screen of trees, in a location he refused to disclose, Lindell, a staunch supporter of former President Donald Trump, said the documentary proved "100%, the theft by China and these different international locations, this cyberattack on our nation right here, that took, that flipped votes."

Elections officials and even Trump officials such as Attorney General Bill Barr and acting Secretary of Homeland Security Chad Wolf said there was no evidence of widespread election fraud.

"There are no indications that a foreign actor has succeeded in compromising or affecting the actual votes cast in this election," Wolf said in a November 3 press conference.

Lindell said his film would prove there was "a communist coup."

"We prayed over every word that was in this piece," he told The Revival Channel's host. "The last four days, 12 people, three hours of sleep a night, A lot of stuff was done in one take because the Holy Spirit was just speaking it out."

This is not Lindell's first foray into film. He's served as a producer on several conservative films, including 2019's "Unplanned," and in 2016 was the subject of the documentary "The Mike Lindell Story: An American Dream."

Lindell is among several Trump surrogates and supporters who were threatened with litigation by Dominion Voting Systems after repeatedly making baseless claims about election fraud involving its machines.

Lindell appeared on the conservative cable channel Newsmax early this week, ostensibly to talk about "cancel culture" but instead reviving his claims of election interference. The anchor Bob Sellers grew visibly irritated when Lindell instead began rattling off his Dominion Voting Systems election-fraud claims and cut in to remind viewers that Lindell's claims were unsubstantiated. Sellers then appeared to walk off set in frustration.

Last month, Lindell was permanently barred from Twitter for repeatedly making baseless election-fraud claims that Twitter said violated its user policy.

News of the documentary came as the gun-control activist David Hogg, a survivor of the 2018 shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, announced he would be launching a rival pillow company "to put MyPillow out of business."

Read the original article on Business Insider

A banner reading 'Convict Trump and lock him up' flew over the former president's Mar-a-Lago residence

https://twitter.com/Acosta/status/13...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

Everyone posting how exciting it is that trump was acquitted Like, okay. So was OJ and Casey Anthony, what's your point?

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    Everyone posting how exciting it is that trump was acquitted Like, okay. So was OJ and Casey Anthony, what's your point?
    Exciting? It was a forgone conclusion. When you tried by a jury of your co-conspirators, that'll happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    Exciting? It was a forgone conclusion. When you tried by a jury of your co-conspirators, that'll happen.
    Oh I know. I just don't get people posting proudly "2 impeachments, 2 acquittals! trump 2024!" So stupid. Like, you do realize that it's not a good thing he was impeached TWICE? People are idiots.

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Oh I know. I just don't get people posting proudly "2 impeachments, 2 acquittals! trump 2024!" So stupid. Like, you do realize that it's not a good thing he was impeached TWICE? People are idiots.
    Why yes. They are. But if it's any consolation. I think the proud boys et. al. that his lawyers threw under the bus may be less likely to turn out to support his next venture. At least I hope so.

Meanwhile, this looks fun. https://pressofatlanticcity.com/news...bb6af0b87.html
    Last edited by puzzld; 02-15-2021 at 09:06 AM.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.

Mitt Romney to face a censure over voting impeachment against Trump.

https://www.deseret.com/utah/2021/2/...mp-impeachment

. Some Utah Republicans are looking to censure Sen. Mitt Romney for voting to convict former President Donald Trump of inciting an insurrection at the U.S. Capitol in his second impeachment trial.

A Google doc petition circulating on social media says Romney failed to ?represent the average conservative Utah Republican voter? and that he has put his ?personal and political vendetta? against Trump ahead of the Constitution and the GOP platform.

Romney was one of seven Republicans to join all 50 Democrats who voted Saturday to convict Trump after a weeklong Senate trial. Trump was acquitted on a 57-43 vote. Conviction requires a two-thirds majority, or 67 votes.

All seven GOP senators are facing backlash from Republicans in their home states, just as Romney did when he was the only Republican to vote to remove Trump from office in his first impeachment trial.

Romney ?embarrassed? Utah with that vote in 2020, according to the petition cited by various news outlets.

The petition, which appears to have hundreds of signers, does not say who is behind the censure.

The Utah GOP issued a statement Monday saying both Utah senators have been criticized for their votes. Sen. Mike Lee, R-Utah, voted to acquit Trump and argued that it?s unconstitutional to try a former president in an impeachment trial.

?The differences between our own Utah Republicans showcase a diversity of thought, in contrast to the danger of a party fixated on ?unanimity of thought,?? according to the statement. ?There is power in our differences as a political party, and we look forward to each senator explaining their votes to the people of Utah.?

Rep. Blake Moore, R-Utah, said the GOP statement shows the right way to support elected leaders with differing perspectives. He voted against impeaching Trump in January.

?The term ?diversity of thought? is a great way to capture what the GOP needs to win hearts and minds in future elections with aspirational, pro-growth, and inclusive policies,? he tweeted.

As I expected, Utah shows the proper way to support elected leaders with differing perspectives. The term ?diversity of thought? is a great way to capture what the GOP needs to win hearts and minds in future elections with aspirational, pro-growth, and inclusive policies. #utpol https://t.co/8mvWHInnqX

? Blake Moore (UT-01) (@ElectBlakeMoore) February 15, 2021
    Romney said after the Senate vote that Trump tried to corrupt the election by pressuring the Georgia secretary of state to falsify the election results and incited the insurrection against Congress during the counting of electoral votes. The former president also violated his oath of office by failing to protect the Capitol, the vice president and others in the Capitol.

Lee said House managers failed to prove the Senate should impeach Trump and also failed to prove that Trump was responsible for inciting an insurrection. Lee said he doesn?t condone Trump?s ?actions and omissions? on Jan. 6, but the word ?incitement? has a very specific meaning in the law and his words and actions fell short of that standard.

The Utah GOP statement said disagreement is natural and healthy in a party that is based on principles ? not on persona.

?As 2021 begins, we look neither to the past, nor to be punitive,? according to the statement.

The petition condemns Romney for voting to continue the ?unconstitutional impeachment trial? and to allow witnesses after House managers had previously declined to call witnesses before the House impeachment vote.

The document says Utah Republican Party leadership has failed to issue a censure, so ?be it resolved the undersigned voters, censure Sen. Willard Mitt Romney.?

The other Republican senators who voted to convict Trump have been censured or face formal censure or condemnation from party leaders in their states.

In 2020, state GOP lawmakers filed a censure resolution aimed at Romney and a bill that would give Utah voters the ability to recall their U.S. senators. After a closed-door meeting, Utah House Republicans scrapped both measures in favor of a citation thanking Trump ?for all the great things he?s done for the state of Utah.

https://news.yahoo.com/dominion-says...222015722.html

Mike Lindell sued for his rants in relation to Dominion

. MAGA diehard and pillow magnate Mike Lindell is the next target of a Dominion Voting Systems lawsuit over his wild claims about nonexistent election-fraud conspiracy, with the lead attorney representing Dominion telling The Daily Beast he expects to file the suit “imminently.”

Lindell, a staunch Donald Trump ally and founder of the MyPillow company, became a prominent voice and financial backer in attempts to overturn the 2020 presidential election and, alongside Trumpist attorneys Lin Wood and Sidney Powell, made a series of false allegations that China and others somehow hacked voting machines and swung the 2020 election to Joe Biden.

He has doubled down and tripled down. He has made himself a higher public profile with his documentary,” Tom Clare, an attorney representing Dominion, told The Daily Beast on Tuesday afternoon. Clare confirmed in a brief phone call that Dominion would be filing suit against Lindell “imminently.”

The suit would make Lindell the third pro-Trump figure sued by Dominion after the company filed $1.3 billion suits against attorneys Sidney Powell and Rudy Giuliani.

When reached for comment on Tuesday, Lindell was, characteristically, defiant. “That would so make my day because then they would have to go into discovery, and that would make my job a lot easier,” he said in a phone interview. “It’ll be faster for me to get to the evidence, and to show the people in the public record the evidence we have about these machines… I will not stop until every single person on the planet knows, whether you’re a Democrat or a Republican, what these machines did to us.”

”These machines need to be removed, and [these people] brought to justice for what they did to our country in these attacks,” he continued. “If they sue me, I would be so happy.”

Dominion sent letters to Lindell in December and January demanding that he retract false claims that the company’s software stole "millions of votes from” then-President Donald Trump and inaccurately tallied votes in the key battleground states of Georgia and Arizona.

Despite the legal threats, Lindell has continued undaunted in his pursuit of election conspiracy theories. Shortly after he received a letter from Dominion attorneys in January, he met with then-President Trump at the White House. In an interview with The Daily Beast afterward, Lindell said he presented Trump with an article from a conspiracy-theory website that claimed that China and other nations had hacked election machines in the Trump-Biden presidential contest.

Lindell also put out Absolute Proof, a two-hour documentary broadcast on the pro-Trump OAN channel, summarizing various conspiracy theories and allegations against Dominion and others. The movie falsely claims that the 2020 election witnessed the “biggest cyberattack in history” carried out by China and other countries to oust Trump.

Lindell’s persistence in spinning wild conspiracy theories has already cost him as retailers drop his products and even some pro-Trump media outlets eye him warily in the face of legal threats.

An anchor for the MAGA-friendly channel Newsmax nearly shouted Lindell down during an early February appearance and asked a producer to cut short the segment when Lindell began to spout allegations about Dominion. Weeks before Lindell’s appearance, the network issued a “clarification” on its coverage of the voting systems company and the 2020 election after Dominion attorneys demanded the network retract conspiracy claims made about its products.

Major retailers like Bed, Bath & Beyond and Wayfair have dropped Lindell’s MyPillow products after public outcry over the founder’s attempts to overturn the election. Left-wing activists like David Hogg have also launched rival pillow products in an attempt to cut into MyPillow’s business.

On Tuesday afternoon, Lindell added that he still doesn’t believe Dominion will, ultimately, actually go through with litigation, and said he hasn’t been formally served with the lawsuit yet. “I’ve lost 22 retailers already. I am concerned about my employees, but I won’t have a company or a country anyway, if we back down and let this happen again,” the MyPillow CEO insisted.

The new lawsuit could also coincide with yet another piece of Lindell-led agitprop regarding the election tech at the heart of the case. The Trump ally said that “today or tomorrow morning” he would release yet another video on the subject. “It’s a hundred-percent evidence, no experts interviewed whatsoever. Just the hardcore evidence,” he said. “We just want to get it out there and show why we need to get rid of these machines for any future elections in the United States and the world. Both for Dominion and Smartmatic, I don’t pick on just one of them.”

JL, you posted about this lawsuit one page over. You have to stop or you're going to get permanently banned. Stop posting multiple stories saying the same thing over and over.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    JL, you posted about this lawsuit one page over. You have to stop or you're going to get permanently banned. Stop posting multiple stories saying the same thing over and over.
    This is a new suit though. It's from Dominion.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnLanders View Post
    This is a new suit though. It's from Dominion.
    it's not new. You posted about the Dominion lawsuit in post 817. Everyone is sick and tired of hearing about mypillowidiot, so unless he gets elected, loses the lawsuit or dies, he's not post worthy.. Got it?

And one day, it will all just go away.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/24/polit...ion/index.html

Sidney Powell's defense in defamation suit could put her in legal jeopardy

Sidney Powell, President Donald Trump's former lawyer, filed an eye-popping brief this week that could potentially doom her chances of dismissing a $1.3 billion defamation suit and provide ammunition in a separate lawsuit seeking her disbarment.

Powell, who repeatedly pressed unfounded claims of voter fraud on the airwaves and in court, now says that "reasonable" people would not accept her statements as "fact" because the legal process hadn't yet played out. It was a stunning admission from a woman who served for a time as one of Trump's top legal lieutenants.

First Amendment expert Ted Boutrous of Gibson Dunn said that the legal implications for Powell could be dire.

"The First Amendment provides strong protections for statements of opinion," he said. "But what Dominion is pointing to is the fact that Ms. Powell was declaring that she had evidence of this fraud and this election malfeasance and she was declaring that as a matter of fact."

"The First Amendment doesn't protect knowingly false statements of fact," Boutrous added.

In the two cases, both still pending, her lawyers appear to contradict each other. In the defamation case filed by Dominion, her lawyers claim in a motion to dismiss that what Powell said about voting issues could not reasonably be established as fact at the time she said it. In the Michigan case her lawyer calls allegations that she lied "outrageous" and "entirely unacceptable."

"It's official, Sidney Powell is a massive fraud -- that's according to Sidney Powell herself," CNN legal analyst Elie Honig said about the new filing.

Powell responded to reports in a statement issued Wednesday. "The #FakeNews is lying to everyone about our filing" in the Dominion case.

Powell attorney Howard Kleinhendler issued a further comment about the Dominion lawsuit. "First, let me be clear: any suggestion that 'no reasonable person' would believe Ms. Powell or her comments on the election is false," he said. "The language these reports referred to is a legal standard adopted by the courts to determine whether statements qualify as opinions which are exempt from defamation liability."

Dominion detailed comments that Powell made at press conferences, a political rally and media appearances after she claimed that Dominion had rigged the election.

The company points to claims made by Powell that Dominion manipulated votes, that the company and its software were created in Venezuela to rig elections for Hugo Chavez and that Dominion bribed Georgia's governor and secretary of state for a no-bid contract in Georgia.

"As a result of the defamatory falsehoods peddled by Powell -- in concert with like- minded allies and media outlets who were determined to promote a false preconceived narrative -- Dominion's founder, Dominion's employees, Georgia's governor, and Georgia's secretary of state have been harassed and have received death threats, and Dominion has suffered enormous harm," the lawyers wrote in the case filed in the US District Court for the District of Columbia.

"Dominion brings this action to set the record straight, to vindicate the company's rights under civil law, to recover compensatory damages, to seek a narrowly tailored injunction, and to stand up for itself and its employees," the company said.

In response, Powell's lawyers pointed to statements she made at a Georgia political rally as an example of hyperbole.

"She claimed that she had evidence that the election result was the 'greatest crime of the century if not the life of the world,'" they wrote.

"It is a likewise well recognized principle that political statements are inherently prone to exaggeration and hyperbole," the filing states. And then they added this statement: "Reasonable people would not accept such statements as fact but view them only as claims that await testing by the courts through the adversary process."

The judge overseeing Dominion's defamation suit in Washington is still looking at early questions about whether the lawsuit should continue in his court and whether Powell can be sued and isn't yet considering the legitimacy of Dominion's allegations that Powell knowingly spread falsehoods about the company.

Dominion has also sued, separately, Trump personal attorney Rudy Giuliani and MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell with similar claims about their public assertions of election fraud after November. Giuliani and Lindell are set to given their initial responses in court next month.

The initial court filing statement stunned David Fink, a lawyer who is asking a federal judge in Michigan on behalf of the city of Detroit to sanction Powell and others for not telling the truth.

Fink wants to "deter future misconduct" and bar Powell from practicing law. He pointed to a federal rule that allows courts to impose sanctions on attorneys who make representations to the court that lack evidentiary support.

"When I read the brief in that case I was shocked that Sidney Powell's lawyers would admit that no reasonable person would believe the very allegations that she asserted in federal court," Fink said.

"Those misrepresentations are the reason we are asking the federal court to sanction her," Fink added. "Powell shows a startling contempt for the basic ethical obligations of our profession, a lawyer incapable of speaking the truth in court filings should surrender her bar card."

Fink is not sure if he needs to or will bring the defamation filing to the attention of Michigan's judge who serves on the US District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan. Already he had argued that if sanctions against Powell are not deserved in his case "it is hard to imagine a case where they would be."

Powell's co-counsel in the Michigan case, Stefanie Lambert Junttila, called the request for sanctions "baseless" in court papers.

Rule 11, the federal rule at issue, "is not intended to chill an attorney's enthusiasm or creativity in pursuing factual or legal theories" she wrote, and urged the court to "avoid using the wisdom of hindsight."

Junttila did not return a call Tuesday night for comment.

Stephen Gillers, a professor of legal ethics at NYU Law, said that Powell is now in a "difficult position."

"Even opinions can be defamatory if they imply facts that are false and Powell knew it or recklessly disregarded the truth or falsity of the implied facts," he said.

"Her problem is that her defense in the defamation case is going to sink her in the Michigan case," he said.

Dana Nessel, Michigan's attorney general, and a Democrat, told CNN Tuesday night that Powell's statements and the lawsuits she filed were meant to undermine the election.

"The damage that this individual, this woman had done and her cohorts who filed these cases along with her," she said, "is untold."

"And who knows how or when this damage can possibly be undone," Nessel added.
    It could also put her in real legal jeopardy as she fights the defamation suit brought by Dominion Voting Systems -- a manufacturer that provides election equipment used by more than 40% of US voters -- as well as a motion for sanctions in Michigan as a part of a case she brought there alleging election fraud.

Basically they're not going to quit until they can cook up something and pretend there was fraud.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...out&li=BBnb7Kz

Maricopa County election audit could last weeks longer than expected, has 'no deadline'

A recount ordered by the Arizona Senate of nearly 2.1 million Maricopa County general election ballots could stretch beyond May 14, its target date for conclusion.

Senate audit liaison and former Arizona Secretary of State Ken Bennett said Saturday there was "no deadline" for the audit and the recount may need to pause May 14, when Veterans Memorial Coliseum is reserved to host several high schools' graduations.

The audit, headquartered at the coliseum at the state fairgrounds, would resume about a week later, Bennett said, and the Senate talked with state fair officials and got permission to use the space "for as long as we need it" after the graduations.

Start the day smarter. Get all the news you need in your inbox each morning.

Last week, Bennett said he was confident workers would wrap up by May 14, and there were plans to increase the number of ballot counters and shifts starting Monday.

Bennett offered no estimate on the number of ballots recounted as of Saturday.
    Time-intensive process

Hand counters reviewed ballots at about 20 tables Saturday.

One of the tables of five people – one person placing each ballot on a turnstyle, three people counting and one person removing each ballot – counted about 50 ballots in 12 minutes.

The downtime before counting more ballots began was about 10-12 minutes. The next batch of about 50 ballots took about 16 minutes to get through.

It took about 40 minutes for that particular table to get through 100 ballots.

Bennett said staffing from temp agencies should be in place to up the number of counting tables to 46 on Monday, more than doubling the number of counters from 60 to 138 per shift. Instead of two shifts per day, counters would fill three shifts, Bennett said.

Bennett declined to estimate how long it might take to complete the recount. "We have as much time as we need to do it right," he said.

The full audit includes a hand count of the presidential race and U.S. Senate race on nearly 2.1 million ballots, an analysis of voter information and an audit of the county’s voting technology.

The Arizona Democratic Party and County Supervisor Steve Gallardo filed a lawsuit to stop the recount pushed by Republican senators, saying it violated election laws and lacked protections to secure the ballots as well as voter privacy.

While the audit continues, a Superior Court judge ordered the private contractors overseeing the audit for the Senate to disclose its policies and procedures.

The Republican-controlled state Senate hired Cyber Ninjas, a Florida-based technology company with no known experience in election audits, to oversee the county audit.

Cyber Ninjas CEO Doug Logan, who has a history of posting unsubstantiated claims of election fraud online, initially said he expected the hand count to take 16 days and to provide a full report in 60 days.

Nonpartisan election auditing experts told The Arizona Republic the timeframe and price tag were unrealistic.

Harri Hursti, a data security expert, hacker and the founding partner of Nordic Innovation Labs, said state election audits he was involved with in California and Ohio had narrower scopes, cost $2 million each and took about three months.

Regarding the Arizona Senate’s audit, Hursti said, “You can’t provide a quality, thorough study with those working hours and that cost.”

The Senate is paying Cyber Ninjas $150,000 in taxpayer money, although unknown donors also put money toward the audit.

Logan said the audit would cost more than $150,000, but he has refused to answer how much more or who would fund it.

A private organization sprouted up seeking $2.8 million to pay for the process. FundTheAudit.com said it has raised $1 million but does not list the donors.

Prominent supporters of former President Donald Trump also are fundraising for the audit.

Christina Bobb, former Trump administration official and current broadcaster for the far-right One America News Network, and former Trump attorney Sidney Powell solicited donations from their followers.

OMG, is this never going to be over???

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...out&li=BBnb7Kz

Former President Donald Trump is reportedly setting his sights on a quick return to the White House.

New York Times reporter Maggie Haberman tweeted Tuesday that Trump has been telling confidants that he expects to be reinstated as president by August as a result of ongoing election audits in states like Arizona and Georgia.

Trump has been telling a number of people he’s in contact with that he expects he will get reinstated by August (no that isn’t how it works but simply sharing the information). https://t.co/kaXSXKnpF0
    — Maggie Haberman (@maggieNYT) June 1, 2021

While there is no Constitutional or legal remedy to overturn the results of an election once the Electoral College votes have been certified by Congress, Trump appears to be betting that the findings from highly partisan audits might somehow convince enough people of his bogus claim that fraud cost him the election.

But he is not putting out statements about the “audits” in states just for the sake of it. He’s been laser focused on them, according to several people who’ve spoken with him (as well as WaPo reporting a few weeks ago).
    — Maggie Haberman (@maggieNYT) June 1, 2021

A Yahoo News/YouGov poll released last week found that 64 percent of Republicans believe that the 2020 election was "rigged and stolen from Trump," but the courts have not been as kind to the former president, almost unanimously turning back his legal challenges to the results (Trump's lawyers won a single case in Pennsylvania that did not impact the final results). Recounts and official audits of the votes in several states have also failed to overturn President Biden's victory in both the popular vote as well as the Electoral College.

None of those points have seemed to deter Trump or his ardent supporters from the mistaken belief that he will be restored to power. How will this happen? At a QAnon conference held over the weekend in Dallas titled "For God & Country Patriot Roundup," some theories emerged.

Sidney Powell, the lawyer who is the subject of a $1.3 billion defamation lawsuit by Dominion Voting Systems, Inc., assured the conference attendees that the U.S. Constitution was no match for their righteous cause.

"He can simply be reinstated," Powell said of Trump, eliciting loud cheers despite the fact that Trump cannot simply be reinstated.

Michael Flynn, the retired U.S. Army lieutenant general and former National Security Adviser who was forced to resign from the Trump administration after lying to former Vice President Mike Pence about his interactions with Russian ambassador to the U.S. Sergey Kislyak, floated another possibility.

Here is the video of former national security advisor Michael Flynn saying that he thinks a coup like the coup in Myanmar should happen in the US. pic.twitter.com/7mGYjfXg18
    — Mamie �� (@MC_Hyperbole) May 30, 2021

Asked in Dallas why a Myanmar-style coup "can't happen here," Flynn seemed signal his approval of that idea.

"No reason, I mean, it should happen here. No reason. That's right," Flynn responded, causing the audience to erupt in more applause.

In a post later in the day on Parler, Flynn claimed the media had misrepresented the meaning of his comments.

"For all the fake news 'journalists': Let me be VERY CLEAR — There is NO reason whatsoever for any coup in America, and I do not and have not at any time called for any action of that sort," Flynn said in his post. "Any reporting of any other belief by me is a boldface fabrication based on twisted reporting at a lively panel at a conference of Patriotic Americans who love this country, just as I do. I am no stranger to media manipulating my words and therefore let me repeat my response to a question asked at the conference: There is no reason it (a coup) should happen here (in America)."

Despite Flynn's clarification, not everyone was convinced that the retired general was not, in fact, advocating for Trump to be returned to office via a military coup.

No American should advocate or support the violent overthrow of the United States. https://t.co/dpa20pLG4n
    — Liz Cheney (@Liz_Cheney) May 31, 2021
    This is fucking scary that this many people believe this nonsense.
    This would all be easier to dismiss were it not for the fact that a significant portion of Americans actually believes it. According to a poll released last week by PRRI, 23 percent of Republicans and 15 percent of Americans overall think "the government, media, and financial worlds in the U.S. are controlled by a group of Satan-worshipping pedophiles who run a global child sex trafficking operation." Twenty-eight percent of Republicans and 20 percent of Americans are also convinced that "there is a storm coming soon that will sweep away the elites in power and restore the rightful leaders."

Say it with me folks! -D-E-L-U-S-I-O-N-A-L!

https://www.thedailybeast.com/jay-ke...ple-2020-votes

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...out&li=BBnbfcL

Three people in The Villages are charged with voter fraud.

Jay Ketcik, Joan Halstead and John Rider are accused of casting more than one ballot in the 2020 election.

Ketcik is accused of voting by mail in Florida, while also casting an absentee ballot in Michigan.

Prosecutors say Halstead voted in person in Florida, but also cast an absentee ballot in New York.

WESH 2 has not received a police report for Rider.
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/jay-ke...ple-2020-votes

Three Republican Residents of The Villages Arrested for Casting Multiple 2020 Votes

Three Republican residents of the hedonistic Florida retirement haven The Villages have been charged with casting multiple votes in the 2020 presidential election, according to local reports. Click Orlando identified the three as Jay Ketcik, 63, Joan Halstead, 71, and John Rider, 61. Each of them have reportedly been charged with casting more than one ballot in the election—a crime that could land them in prison for as long as five years. Ketcik allegedly voted by mail in Florida while also casting an absentee ballot in Michigan; Halstead is accused of voting in-person in Florida and as an absentee in New York; and Rider allegedly voted in Florida and an unspecified out-of-state location. Ketcik and Halstead reportedly turned themselves in to police, while Rider is said to have been arrested at a Royal Caribbean cruise-ship terminal in Port Canaveral. Click Orlando states that it’s not known who the trio voted for, but all three are reportedly registered as Republicans in Florida, and Facebook pages that seem to belong to Ketcik and Halstead show posts supporting Donald Trump.

So republicans were right, there was voter fraud! Just not on the side they claimed.

So republicans were right, there was voter fraud! Just not on the side they claimed.
    Absolutely! They wanted to cheat but to also tear someone else down for what THEY were doing. Typical Trump move.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    SHOCKED! I'M SHOCKED, I TELL YOU!

His entire presidency was a fraud. He didn't win in 2016 either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Bunch of dangerous froot-loops!

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/16/us/fo...ent/index.html

Former Houston police captain charged with pointing gun at air-conditioner repairman, believing he was a voter fraud 'mastermind'
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...repa-rcna25320

Texas conservative activist charged after contractor accused of assaulting repairman over voter fraud claims

A prominent conservative activist in Houston has been charged with unlawful restraint and aggravated assault with a deadly weapon over an October incident involving a contractor the activist hired, his attorneys said Wednesday.

Jared Woodfill and Gary Polland, attorneys for Dr. Steven Hotze, said the Harris County District Attorney?s Office told them Wednesday that Hotze was indicted over allegations against a former police officer, Mark Aguirre, who worked for Hotze.

Aguirre had been retained to pursue a voter fraud investigation on behalf of Houston-based Liberty Center for God and Country, a nonprofit organization that Hotze runs.

Woodfill and Polland said they had not seen the indictment and it had not been uploaded to the Harris County judicial database as of Wednesday afternoon, but both asserted that Hotze is innocent of any crime.

?He will plead not guilty, he will be vindicated of the charge, and we will demand an apology from the district attorney,? Woodfill told The Associated Press in an interview.

?He?s not guilty unless they?ve criminalized political activity,? Polland said in a separate interview.

A spokesman for the Harris County District Attorney?s office declined to comment.

Aguirre was charged on Dec. 14 with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon after a man accused him of running him off the road and holding him at gunpoint in an effort to prove what authorities have called a bogus voter fraud scheme.

Aguirre claimed that an air conditioner repairman was the mastermind. He said the man?s truck was filled with fraudulent ballots when he ran his SUV into it on Oct. 19, according to authorities.

Aguirre told police that he and some friends set up a ?command post? at a Marriott hotel in suburban Houston that conducted 24-hour surveillance on the repairman for four days, according to a police affidavit.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    These people are legitimately mentally ill. I don't like this ride anymore so I'm getting off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.

Thread Information