Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Election 2020-get your popcorn ready!

Quote Originally Posted by S281Saleen160 View Post
    Trump 2020!!!
    If you all don't vote for Bernie, send him to Australis please, all of ours need replacing.

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    If you all don't vote for Bernie, send him to Australis please, all of ours need replacing.
    I disagree with giving everyone free shit, I would never vote for Bernie.

I'm confused, what needs replacing???

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/14/opini...ain/index.html

On Monday, the President retweeted a blatantly doctored, fake image of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Sen. Chuck Schumer in Middle Eastern garb together in front of an Iranian flag. In the image, Pelosi is wearing a hijab and Schumer has a turban on his head with "Democrats 2020" written on the bottom of the image. The tweet accompanying the photo reads "the corrupted Dems trying their best to come to the Ayatollah's rescue."

Trump retweeted the image from an anonymous account with the alias "D0wn_Under," which has previously tweeted out other conspiracy theories around Pelosi and Iran.

Trump didn't stop with just one deeply offensive, anti-Muslim tweet. Other tweets he sent included one showing a graphic picture of what appeared to be a man's mutilated body, along with the claim that Pelosi "supports this mullahs' crime." The tweet was later removed and replaced, according to the Washington Post, with a note saying it "violated the Twitter Rules."

All of this is a new low, even for the impeached president who is infamous for making low blows, and it's a new low for the people who work for him. Trump's tweeting the racist pictures show that this president apparently believes portraying someone as Muslim and as sympathetic to a Muslim country is a good way to insult them. Making fun of Islamic clothing, reducing the world's roughly 1.6 billion Muslim population to turbans and veils is offensive and incorrect, especially considering not all Muslims choose to cover or wear religious headgear.

Instead of trying to apologize for her boss's tweets, White House press secretary Stephanie Grisham went on Fox News and defended Trump's decision to amplify the tweet, stating he did what he did to make a point.

"I think the president is making clear that the Democrats have been parroting Iranian talking points and almost taking the side of terrorists and those who were out to kill the Americans," she said. "I think the president was making the point that the Democrats seem to hate him so much that they're willing to be on the side of countries and leadership of countries who want to kill Americans."

Even if we were to seriously consider Grisham's point on Trump just lashing out at fellow US government officials for opposing his foreign policy, is it ever OK to insult your opponents using Islamophobic slurs?

No matter what point Grisham claims Trump is making, his tweets make it clear to the world that the president of the United States thinks that what millions of Americans believe in and how they dress are slurs. This is absolutely unacceptable, and Congress needs to demand that Trump apologize to Muslims at home and abroad.

Furthermore, during such a sensitive period of renewed and heightened tensions with Iran, Trump is showing that he has no issue proffering anti-Muslim sentiments that put the lives of American Muslims and Iranian-Americans at risk. Recent studies have found Islamophobic sentiment is on the rise in the US. One study has even found that Trump's tweets about Islam are correlated with anti-Muslim hate crimes.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    "Congress needs to demand that Trump apologize to Muslims". Lmfaooooo.

Fuck their feelings.

He is absolutely rattled and scared of this 17 year old girl.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...ere/ar-BBZdute

President Donald Trump says 17-year-old environmental activist Greta Thunberg should not focus on the United States, but other continents that are spewing fumes into the atmosphere.

Trump and Thunberg have clashed in the past and did so again this week at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland.

Trump said Wednesday that he would have loved to have seen the Swedish activist’s speech at the gathering, but also said - without mentioning her name - that some people are ‘‘unrealistic’’ about climate change and seek changes that would interrupt people trying to live their lives.

He noted that other countries have dumped tons of garbage into the Pacific Ocean and is now floating toward the United States. Trump says Thunberg should focus on that.

President Donald Trump says 17-year-old environmental activist Greta Thunberg should not focus on the United States, but other continents that are spewing fumes into the atmosphere.

Trump and Thunberg have clashed in the past and did so again this week at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland.

Trump said Wednesday that he would have loved to have seen the Swedish activist’s speech at the gathering, but also said - without mentioning her name - that some people are ‘‘unrealistic’’ about climate change and seek changes that would interrupt people trying to live their lives.

He noted that other countries have dumped tons of garbage into the Pacific Ocean and is now floating toward the United States. Trump says Thunberg should focus on that.

Are they fighting again? That young lady hates Trump, absolutely hates him. Gotta love her passion.

I don't understand why everyone is fighting over climate change, the earth has been warming and cooling, cooling and warming for millions of years there's nothing that can be done about it. Even if we had no cars no planes no factories no garbage no emissions the earth would still warm then cool then warm then cool. All this fighting about it is a huge waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by S281Saleen160 View Post
    Are they fighting again? That young lady hates Trump, absolutely hates him. Gotta love her passion.

I don't understand why everyone is fighting over climate change, the earth has been warming and cooling, cooling and warming for millions of years there's nothing that can be done about it. Even if we had no cars no planes no factories no garbage no emissions the earth would still warm then cool then warm then cool. All this fighting about it is a huge waste of time.
    I think it's him that hates her. He has hounded her whereever she goes and attacked her.

I am just glad I don't have kids that will inherit this earth after all the changes the current administration are making with their rollback and giveaways to corporate polluters.

Whether you want to believe what science has proven about climate change or not, why in the world would you want your kid to breathe in the pollution in the air, drink the pollution in the water, and live in the pollution the current administration is doing everything in its power to encourage?

I'll be honest with you, I really don't give a fuck anymore. I don't have kids. I will be gone by the time it really becomes an issue. I used to fight it all, but then I realized why bother fighting, just give up and stop stressing myself out...and be selfish about it...it's not my kids that will be living with it.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/28/polit...ats/index.html

Witness this interview that Don Jr. did with "Fox & Friends" on Friday morning:

Brian Kilmeade: And so now we're getting to sprint towards November for -- to -- to see if your dad can get four more years. Are you surprised the way they've been handling the coronavirus situation, meaning Democrats?

Don Jr.: Not at all. I mean, we've seen -- like you said, we've seen this play out for four years. Anything that they can use to try to hurt Trump, they will. Anything he does in a positive sense, like you heard from the reporter that was just suspended from ABC, they will not give him credit for. The playbook is old at this point.

But for them to try to take a pandemic and seemingly hope that it comes here, and kills millions of people so that they could end Donald Trump's streak of winning, is a new level of sickness. You know, I don't know if this is coronavirus or Trump derangement syndrome, but these people are infected badly.

OK, so. The President's eldest son, who has made no secret of his interest in running for office and maybe even president in the future, is suggesting that Democrats are rooting for coronavirus to come to the United States and kill "millions of people" solely so that they might have a better chance of winning in November.

What can you say about that line of logic?

At its most basic level, this sort of stuff from Don Jr. is deeply irresponsible.

What he is conflating is the Democratic criticism of the Trump administration for both a lack of preparedness and a lack of seriousness in terms of public statements about the threat posed by coronavirus with, somehow, Democrats rooting for Americans to die en masse.

Trump Jr. has to know that's not what is going on here. No matter what you think of Democrats or Republicans, the idea that a political party would be actively rooting for people to get sick and die is beyond ludicrous. No rational person -- even if you disagree with every single policy Democrats push -- can think that.

What Trump Jr. is doing here then is using rhetorical hyperbole for the political benefit of his father. It's a tactic he got from his dad, after all. The President has repeatedly referred to Democrats as "really evil people" and "horrible." He has suggested that Speaker Nancy Pelosi uses religion as a crutch. He has insinuated that any number of Democrats -- Pelosi, Hillary Clinton, California Rep. Adam Schiff -- have major mental problems.

What Don Jr. did on Friday morning is simply take this dehumanizing of political opponents to its logical conclusion: These people are evil, so they are doing what evil people do -- root for millions of deaths so they can win a political race

Again, there is no way that Don Jr. actually believes this. He's just throwing red meat to a conservative base that has been primed -- by his father -- to believe the absolute worst about Democrats or, really, anyone who disagrees with the President on anything.

That someone in such a prominent position would do so is shocking, although it probably shouldn't be, since the apple rarely falls that far from the tree.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/01/polit...ign/index.html

Buttigieg is ending his presidential bid

Pete Buttigieg will end his campaign for President on Sunday, multiple aides tell CNN, ending an unlikely campaign that vaulted the once-unknown mayor from South Bend, Indiana, to a top presidential contender.

Buttigieg was scheduled to fly from Selma, Alabama, to Dallas, Texas, but during the flight he informed reporters that he would be flying back to his hometown of South Bend to make an announcement on the future of his campaign.

That announcement, aides said, is that he is ending his run.

Buttigieg made the decision on Sunday, aides said, after he struggled to compete in South Carolina's primary and had little path toward success on Super Tuesday.

"He believes this is the right thing to do right now for our country and the country to heal this divided nation and defeat President Trump," the aide said.

The aide added: "He decided that now was the time and, I think that is exactly why he is getting out. He believes this is the right thing to do."

Buttigieg broke barriers by becoming the first gay candidate to earn presidential primary delegates for a major party's nomination.

But Buttigieg's campaign struggled to nationalize its operation after success in Iowa and New Hampshire. The former mayor's struggles to win over voters of color, a key base to the Democratic Party, proved insurmountable in Nevada and South Carolina, two states where Buttigieg finished significantly behind the race's frontrunners. And the mayor's lack of momentum heading into Super Tuesday sunk the upstart campaign.

The mayor's top advisers believed that a win in Iowa could provide Buttigieg with enough momentum to turn in strong performances in both New Hampshire and Nevada. That success, they believed, would be followed by a fundraising boost, allowing them to nationalize the campaign by the time Super Tuesday rolled around in early March.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Koubacher also dropped out now. I wish some of these candidates would have dropped out sooner because there's a lot of mail in ballots with defunct candidates being voted for now. It was so heavily saturated that it became a circus. It's not a good look for those that are independents or swing voters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    I know, right? What the fuck, puke? Willing to take in Boston, an Irish dude and like, 17 dogs but not Ron? poor Ron.

I think it's him that hates her. He has hounded her whereever she goes and attacked her.

I am just glad I don't have kids that will inherit this earth after all the changes the current administration are making with their rollback and giveaways to corporate polluters.

Whether you want to believe what science has proven about climate change or not, why in the world would you want your kid to breathe in the pollution in the air, drink the pollution in the water, and live in the pollution the current administration is doing everything in its power to encourage?

I'll be honest with you, I really don't give a fuck anymore. I don't have kids. I will be gone by the time it really becomes an issue. I used to fight it all, but then I realized why bother fighting, just give up and stop stressing myself out...and be selfish about it...it's not my kids that will be living with it.
    Climate change, global warming....whatever we wanna call it it had zero influence in my decision to have a kid. At 38 I decided I did want to be a father so I made a baby. I am with you though, I don't give a fuck either bcz there's nothing I can do to fight science the earth will warm then cool then warm then cool just as its been doing for billions of years.

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    They're trying to push Bernie out just like they did in 2016. He'll be available for Australia!

These people are spending millions just to try and beat Trump. And they will lose again. Four more years of democrat crying. Four more years of hearing "He's tearing our country apart". Lmfaooooo.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/supe...ry?id=69379445

Super Tuesday results: Biden projected to win Maine, Bloomberg suspends race

As Super Tuesday, the single biggest day of voting in the 2020 primary election cycle, rolled into Wednesday, former Vice President Joe Biden swept southern states and Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders led in the delegate-rich state of California.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/supe...ry?id=69379445

Super Tuesday results: Biden projected to win Maine, Bloomberg suspends race
    Pocahontas will be next, she has no chance to win anything.

Ugh the pmurt signs are up everywhere around here...like the damn twilight zone. Good thing trump flag with his 5 yard signs is gone.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-ne...lts/index.html

Joe Biden's projected Michigan win was carried by voters over the age of 65, moderates, and black voters, according to exit polls.

Around two-thirds or more of Biden’s core voter base, older voters, black voters, and moderates supported him in Michigan, as well as those who oppose a government-funded health program, voters whose top priority is race relations, and voters who prioritize beating President Trump over someone who agrees with them on policy.

Biden also performed much better than expected among groups Bernie Sanders won in 2016. The former vice president and the Vermont senator are currently neck and neck among men without a college degree, a group that Sanders won by 22 points in Michigan over Hillary Clinton in 2016.

Sanders also saw a decrease in his lead from 2016 among independent Democratic voters, from winning them by 43 percentage points in 2016 to leading Biden by more than 10 percentage points in 2020.
    Time to leave, Bernie!

They're counting votes here in Florida, and Biden has 4 times the votes Bernie does at 48% counted. If the same thing happens in the other states tonight, I hope Bernie gets the message.

They're counting votes here in Florida, and Biden has 4 times the votes Bernie does at 48% counted. If the same thing happens in the other states tonight, I hope Bernie gets the message.
    Watching Biden on tv is hilarious, something is def wrong with him. They need to get rid of him, Cuomo should take over.

Thread Information