View Poll Results: Who's gonna win the election?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Biden

7 77.78%
  • Trump

0 0%
  • Biden, but Trump will legally steal it from him

1 11.11%
  • Pelosi, because it will go into legal proceedings until after the inauguaration

1 11.11%
Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Election 2020-get your popcorn ready!

Quote Originally Posted by Lilbirdie View Post
    You?re right, I just assumed she was a trump supporter by her clothing colors. I was just so shocked when I viewed it and had to step away for a minute And try to process what I just saw. I?m heartbroken by it all.
    It could be. I just was hoping for confirmation as there does not seem to be any clarity.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    SHAME!

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-ne...5d36a6dd5c6254

White House adviser: Trump doesn't want to do more to calm riots

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-ne...203226833b0ef7

Rioters want to "occupy the Capitol through the night," source says

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-ne...f02260879534e7

Trump's former chief of staff: "Many of these folks are nothing but domestic terrorists"

Of course Trump doesn't want to do more...this is exactly what he wanted to happen.
    Exactly that. Terrorists.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...s-trump-455279

If Republicans lose in Georgia's Senate runoffs, one of the state's most vocal Republican election officials said, the blame will rest squarely with President Donald Trump.

Speaking with CNN's Amara Walker on Tuesday evening, Gabriel Sterling said Trump's repeated efforts to challenge the results of the 2020 presidential race in his state needlessly divided the Republican Party, possibly costing them the critical Senate races there.

Tuesday's runoffs will determine the makeup of the Senate for the next two years, with either Loeffler or Perdue needing to win to maintain Republican control. Both races are neck-and-neck in the state that handed a victory to President-elect Joe Biden with a margin of only two tenths of a percentage point.

Sterling told Walker that responsibility for either Loeffler or Perdue losing would "fall squarely on the shoulders of President Trump and his actions since Nov. 3."

"When you tell people, your vote doesn't count and has been stolen, and people start to believe that, then you go to the two senators and ask the secretary of state to resign and trigger a civil war in the Republican Party when we need to unite, all of that stems with his decision-making since the Nov. 3 election," Sterling said.

Sterling, a Republican, has frequently urged Trump and his allies to accept the results of the election, even as he at times acknowledged that he too would have preferred a Republican victory.

Trump's challenges to the 2020 election results have led to a cleavage within the Republican Party regarding whether to support the president's futile efforts or to respect the results of the race. Dozens of Republican senators and members of the House announced their intention to challenge the Electoral College votes when Congress meets to certify the results Wednesday. But several other GOP members have disavowed the maneuver as undemocratic and a waste of time.

Both Loeffler and Perdue have remained staunchly at the president's side, with Loeffler announcing during a campaign rally Monday that she will join her colleagues in challenging the Electoral College results.

Sterling has been one of the state's most public election officials, often going before reporters to debunk disinformation about the state's voting procedures. His and Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger's refusal to entertain Trump's efforts to reverse the election has made them targets of the president's ire in the past months, with Trump even threatening to campaign against Raffensperger in 2022 as retribution.

Sterling went before reporters last month to rigorously condemn the president's personal attacks against Georgia election officials in particular, and to lambaste Loeffler and Perdue for supporting Trump's election misinformation.

"People don't understand elections. Elected officials don't understand elections. Even people who are in elections for a long time don't know all the pieces and parts. So it's easy to exploit people's ignorance on those fronts. It did turn into a giant game of Whac-A-Mole," Sterling said Tuesday. "It's continuing to come and we kept on knocking it down and [Trump] just keeps on persisting at making these false claims."

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/con...liveBlogHeader

Jon Ossoff defeats David Perdue in Georgia, handing control of the Senate to Democrats, NBC News projects
    Congrats to Warnock and Ossoff but we have to wait for how Downtown Atlanta would react to the electoral votes and the fallout of the Senate election. It would not shock me if there are riots in the Atlanta Area over this in the same way Washington DC is facing today.

I just saw video of a trump supporter shot and she’s bleeding on our capital building floor. I’m not a trump supporter fan at all but I’m heartbroken and weeping for out world.

ETA add video. Forgot I was on MDS and we’re used to gore. Trigger warning for blood and emotional yelling.

https://twitter.com/rationaldis/stat...299122181?s=10

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheTrueNo...16798919278594
    https://wjla.com/news/local/capitol-...s-rage-outside

Dozens of people breached security perimeters at the Capitol Wednesday afternoon, forcing the lockdown of the building and halting the vote to certify Joe Biden’s presidential victory.

Supporters of U.S. President Donald Trump breach the U.S. Capitol January 06, 2021 in Washington, DC. (CNN)

At least one person was shot inside the building. An ABC reporter saw her being loaded into an ambulance afterward. The Associated Press reports that at least one explosive device was also found near the Capitol, but law enforcement officials say it's no longer a threat.

An ABC reporter watched as a woman was placed into an ambulance after being shot inside the U.S. Capitol Wednesday

Images from inside the Capitol building also appear to show that at least one armed standoff took place.

Secret Service and Federal Protective Services are responding to assist U.S. Capitol Police, according to ABC News, as are authorities from Maryland and Virginia. The Pentagon says about 1,100 D.C. National Guard members are also being mobilized.

Earlier today, D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser ordered a citywide curfew for the District from 6 p.m. tonight to 6 a.m. on Thursday. She is expected to speak this afternoon. The Metro also announced they will end their train services at 8 p.m. in the name of public safety. The MetroBus will shut down at 9 p.m.

Videos posted earlier on social media showed protesters fighting with Capitol Police near barriers blocking off access to the building.

Protestors breach the U.S. Capitol. (CNN)

Protestors breach the U.S. Capitol. (CNN)

President Donald Trump released the following video hours after the invasion of the Capitol building.

"We had an election that was stolen from us, it was a landslide election and everyone knows it, especially the other side, but you have to go home now," he said. "We have to have peace. We have to have law and order."

President Donald Trump releases a video statement following a breach at the Capitol building by protestors

The session to confirm the Electoral College vote is typically a routine proceeding and is the last procedural hurdle before inauguration.

Arizona was the first state to receive an objection from Republican lawmakers after the session began this afternoon, forcing each chamber to deliberate the results for two hours. That's what lawmakers were doing when the building was breached.

Although Trump has pressured Vice President Mike Pence to toss electors from battleground states that voted for Biden during the session, Pence is defying the president, saying Wednesday that he does not have the unilateral ability to discard electoral votes that will make Joe Biden president on Jan. 20.

You?re right, I just assumed she was a trump supporter by her clothing colors. I was just so shocked when I viewed it and had to step away for a minute And try to process what I just saw. I?m heartbroken by it all.
    Who ever she was, she's died.

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    Who ever she was, she's died.
    Yes she is. Just saw the video of the actual shooting. She was wearing a trump flag as a cape. She bled out all over it.

https://www.businessinsider.com/woma...protest-2021-1

From LilBirdie's link:

Trump then released a video for his supporters, saying in it: "This was a fraudulent election, but we can't play into the hands of these people. We have to have peace. So go home. We love you; you're very special. You've seen what happens. You've seen the way others are treated that are so bad and so evil. I know how you feel. But go home, and go home in peace."
    OMFG

(also LB, I see that you got your 50 posts and your rep power!)

"Someone is gonna get hurt, someone is gonna get shot, someone is gonna get killed," Sterling said.
    Welp! I hope she enjoyed dying for an orange ape ass.
    So senseless that he egged on the protestors and this happened.
    I hope no one buys his apologies (if he even does apologize).
    Meanwhile, while we were focused on the election circus, Russian hackers were running amuck.
    Anyone hear about that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

From LilBirdie's link:

OMFG

(also LB, I see that you got your 50 posts and your rep power!)
    Yeah. Twitter is finally deleting his posts and apparently locked his account for 12 hours. Took long enuf.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump

https://www.fox5dc.com/news/former-v...al-from-office

Terry McAuliffe, former Virginia Governor and candidate for the office in this year's race, released a statement calling for the removal of President Trump from office and asking Vice President Mike Pence to invoke the 25th Amendment.

McAuliffe's statement reads:

"Today has been one of the darkest and ugliest days in our nation's history. As a direct result of Donald Trump's calls to invalidate our fair and democratic presidential election - and many Republicans' continued support of his efforts - terrorists have attacked our nation's capitol with deadly consequences.

This isn't the first time Trump has incited violence in our streets and his statement today of 'love' for these violent extremists makes him a continuing threat to our democracy. Vice President Mike Pence must immediately invoke the 25th Amendment and remove Donald Trump from office before more Americans are harmed.

Thank you to President-Elect Joe Biden and Governor Ralph Northam for their leadership for our country and Commonwealth. Our nation is hurting right now and our institutions are being tested, but our democracy will undoubtedly prevail. Ours is the greatest democracy on Earth, and I look forward to January 20 when President-Elect Joe Biden is inaugurated as part of the peaceful transfer of power that is fundamental to who we are as a nation. He and Vice President-Elect Harris will unify us and lead America through this dark and painful time."

His statement comes after pro-Trump protesters stormed the Capitol on Wednesday, causing chaos and leading to the death of one woman.

https://www.fox5dc.com/news/melania-...risham-resigns

WASHINGTON - Stephanie Grisham, first lady Melania Trump’s chief of staff and former White House press secretary, has resigned amid violent protests outside the nation's capital Wednesday.

Grisham, who previously served as the White House press secretary before making way for Kayleigh McEnany in April, submitted her resignation Wednesday.
    Her resignation comes as crowds of pro-Trump rioters broke into the Capitol as officials were attempting to count the Electoral College ballots.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2021...mento-arrests/

Update now there is a similar riot in Downtown Sacramento in relation to the DC Protests.

SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — Eleven people were arrested Wednesday during demonstrations at the State Capitol in Sacramento, police said.

Sacramento is one of the many cities across the country where Trump supporters have protested the presidential election vote count. Protesters carrying flags and signs gathered at the capitol Wednesday morning to hear a live broadcast of President Trump from Washington, D.C. Many people were chanting “stop the steal” and asked people to sign the petitions to recall Governor Gavin Newsom.

Sacramento police reported clashes between demonstrators at the capitol and say officers worked to keep the opposing groups separated. By 2 p.m. police say most of the demonstrators had dispersed but a high police presence remains in and around the State Capitol for the time being.

Police say 11 people were arrested on charges related to the illegal possession of pepper spray. One demonstrator was reportedly assaulted, but police say no injuries were reported.

In total, Sacramento police say 200 officers were assigned to the demonstration Wednesday.

Some roads in the area have been closed due to the protest.
    https://www.11alive.com/article/news...8-d73240b2d80e

ATLANTA — Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger left the Georgia Capitol on Wednesday afternoon for safety, as a mass of pro-Trump protesters breached the U.S. Capitol in Washington D.C.

Raffensperger was helped out of the state capitol building with assistance, according to a spokesperson from the secretary's office.

According to Raffensperger's office, the secretary would be working remotely as a precaution for any potential escalation, not due to any direct threats to him.

Amy Gardner, a Washington Post journalist, reported it happened as militia members gathered outside the Capitol in Atlanta.

RELATED: Watch live: Pro-Trump protesters storm Capitol, force lockdown in Washington

Aerial images showed a smaller group of pro-Trump protesters outside the Georgia Capitol earlier in the afternoon.

As of 3:15 p.m., there did not appear to be any significant demonstration going on outside the Capitol.

In addition, the state's largest county, Fulton County, stopped ballot processing and tabulation for the day following the events in Washington.

Fulton County spokesperson Jessica Corbitt said that tabulation in Georgia's two U.S. Senate runoff races was halted “out of an abundance of caution.”

The county's elections director told the board of commissioners that the county had about 7,500 mail-in absentee ballots left to upload.

The Associated Press has called the runoff contests for Democrats Jon Ossoff and Raphael Warnock.

https://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/pr...-turns-violent

Members of Arizona's Republican party held a day-long rally outside the state's capitol for most of Wednesday, Jan. 6.

The rally marched on through the afternoon as news developed President Donald Trump supporters stormed and broke their way into the US Capitol building.

As the rally continued into nighttime Wednesday, fencing was put up around the capitol building and government employees were told to head home early from work.

Arizona Republican Party holds rally at State Capitol
    Supporters of President Trump are gathering at the Arizona State Capitol for a Protect the Vote Rally. Congress is expected to certify Joe Biden's win in the 2020 election today.

At least one person is in critical condition after being shot in Washington D.C. and several officers were reportedly injured.

Thousands of National Guard troops were deployed to the nation's capitol to protect the building and lawmakers who were meeting to confirm President-elect Joe Biden's 2020 win.

Biden delivered remarks from Wilmington, Delaware where he called this a dark moment in American history. He called on President Trump to address the nation on TV.

Just minutes after Biden's address, Trump posted a video on Twitter asking for his supporters to go home in peace but continued to call the 2020 election fraudulent and stolen.

https://www.kxan.com/news/dozens-ral...ectoral-votes/

AUSTIN (KXAN) — Despite the morning rain, hundreds of people gathered in front of the Texas Capitol waving signs, American flags and Trump flags on the same day the Congress is set to count electoral votes in Washington, D.C. By 5 p.m., the crowds had greatly decreased to a few dozens.

The rally, which according to one Facebook event was called “Operation Occupy The Capitol Texas,” coincides with others around the country and in the nation’s capital. The event description notes “We will stand with states across the country to show our elected officials we will not stand for corruption!” KXAN crews spoke to protesters who said they were from a variety of groups supporting President Trump and not necessarily a single organizer.

Although violent clashes happened in Washington, D.C., the Austin protest that grew to an estimated 700 or 800 people remained largely peaceful. There was one argument between Trump supporters and a group that labeled itself as “antifa,” but a Texas Department of Public Safety troopers stepped in. Some Austin Police Department officers were at the capitol as of just before 5 p.m.. APD officers hadn’t been in the area earlier in the day.

Texas DPS also closed the Texas Capitol grounds “out of an abundance of caution.”

Supporters of President Donald Trump have rallied this week in support of the president’s unproven claims of widespread voter fraud, and some broke into the U.S. Capitol Wednesday, causing lockdown and evacuations. Judges, including the Supreme Court, have rejected almost all legal challenges from Trump and his allies related to the election. Additionally, election officials representing both political parties, leaders in battleground states and former attorney general, William Barr, also said there was no widespread fraud during the November election.

RELATED: Texas GOP removes Sergeant-at-Arms after he endorses violence at Capitol Hill
    A number of protesters KXAN crews spoke with said they were not from Austin. Some said they came from as far as Dallas and areas in South Texas. According to the event schedule on Facebook, some people had met in Bastrop and drove in a “Trump Train” to an area near the Congress bridge, then marched to the capitol.

Biden supporters rally at Texas State Capitol amid protests from Trump supporters Jan. 6 (KXAN Photo/Todd Bynum)Read More ?
    Protesters at the Texas Capitol Jan. 6, 2020 (KXAN Photo/Juan Salinas)Protesters at the Texas Capitol Jan. 6, 2020 (KXAN Photo/Juan Salinas)Read More ?
    Protesters at the Texas Capitol Jan. 6, 2020 (KXAN Photo/Juan Salinas)Protesters at the Texas Capitol Jan. 6, 2020 (KXAN Photo/Juan Salinas)Read More ?
    (KXAN Photo/Frank Martinez)Read More ?
    (KXAN Photo/Todd Bynum)Read More ?
    Members of the Texas Department of Public Safety at the Capitol during a protest Jan. 6, 2020 (KXAN Photo/Frank Martinez)Members of the Texas Department of Public Safety at the Capitol during a protest Jan. 6, 2020 (KXAN Photo/Frank Martinez)Read More ?
    Members of the Texas Department of Public Safety at the Capitol during a protest Jan. 6, 2020 (KXAN Photo/Frank Martinez)Members of the Texas Department of Public Safety at the Capitol during a protest Jan. 6, 2020 (KXAN Photo/Frank Martinez)Read More ?
    Biden supporters rally at Texas State Capitol amid protests from Trump supporters Jan. 6 (KXAN Photo/Todd Bynum)Biden supporters rally at Texas State Capitol amid protests from Trump supporters Jan. 6 (KXAN Photo/Todd Bynum)Read More ?
    Biden supporters rally at Texas State Capitol amid protests from Trump supporters Jan. 6 (KXAN Photo/Todd Bynum)Read More ?

Protesters at the Texas Capitol Jan. 6, 2020 (KXAN Photo/Juan Salinas)Read More ?
    A protester named Jason explained many people there are hoping they can make a difference in the vote count and hope their protest will “at least have the government look at the possible election fraud.”

“I think the more divided people are, the easier they’re controlled, you know, so hopefully it’s something good to come of all this,” he said.

‘Assault on our democracy’: Texas congressmembers make plea for unrest to stop at US Capitol
    MOST READ: Woman shot as rioters stormed U.S. Capitol has died
    Stephanie Phelps, who attended the Austin protest, said she and others were standing in support of President Trump, “who has been fighting for us for the last four years. And we all voted for him.”

“We believe in America, we believe in Liberty, we believe that the election was stolen,” Phelps said. “And we believe that it’s time to take this country back — then that’s why we’re here.”

VIDEO: Congress convenes to confirm Biden’s electoral win over Trump

MOST READ: Woman shot as rioters stormed U.S. Capitol has died

https://www.kgw.com/article/news/loc...8-054a7ff54282

SALEM, Ore. — Supporters of President Donald Trump and a separate group of protesters gathered near the Capitol building in Salem on Wednesday.

A large crowd of people, many holding American flags, had begun gathering near the building Wednesday morning.

Salem police tweeted Wednesday afternoon that a separate group of people attempting to march toward the Capitol was refusing commands from officers to disperse and leave the area.
    The Oregon State Police (OSP) then declared an unlawful assembly. A tweet from OSP said everyone must leave the area or be subject to arrest or use of force.

OSP said at least one person was arrested. It was unclear whether police took anyone else into custody.

Video shared on social media shows what appears to be officers using riot control agents on the crowd.
    The crowd had diminished by 3:50 p.m., Salem police said, and streets in the area were reopened to traffic.

Salem officers were working in a supporting role with Oregon State Police to monitor the situation and make sure businesses, employees and customers in the area are safe.

Trump supporters in Washington, D.C. stormed the U.S. Capitol building and halted the vote certification of the presidential election.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...capitol-455655

Apparently a new name besides Trump is accused of inciting the Riots in Washington DC. Rep Del Derrick Evans is now facing allegations of escalating the riots.

A West Virginia lawmaker took video of himself and other supporters of President Donald Trump rushing into the U.S. Capitol after they breached the security perimeter.

In the video by Republican Del. Derrick Evans, later deleted from his social media page, he is shown wearing a helmet and clamoring at the door to breach the building in Washington, D.C., on Wednesday.

“We’re in! Keep it moving, baby!” he said in a packed doorway amid Trump followers holding flags and complaining of being pepper sprayed. Once inside, Evans could be seen on video milling around the Capitol Rotunda, where historical paintings depict the republic’s founding, and yelled, “No vandalizing!”

State House of Delegates Speaker Roger Hanshaw said Evans will need to “answer to his constituents and colleagues regarding his involvement in what has occurred today.”

Police officers in riot gear

He said he has not spoken to Evans yet about his involvement.

The delegate from Wayne County said in a statement later on Facebook that he was heading back to West Virginia and “was simply there as an independent member of the media to film history.”

Trump unleashes fury at political rivals and allies alike

https://www.wgal.com/article/former-...-out/35143761#

Former President Barack Obama issued a statement Wednesday in response to the mob of violent protesters that stormed the U.S. Capitol in a stunning bid overturn America’s presidential election in favor of President Donald Trump.

In his response, Obama called on leaders of the Republican party to speak out and was "heartened" to see some already doing so.

Sen. Kelly Loeffler, R-Georgia, who is projected to have lost her bid to keep her seat after being defeated by the Rev. Raphael Warnock, rescinded her objection to the certification of President-elect Joe Biden's Electoral College victory. Loeffler had previously campaigned on objecting to certifying the votes.

"When I arrived in Washington this morning, I fully intended to object to the certification of the electoral votes," Loeffler said. "However, the events that have transpired today have forced me to reconsider and I cannot now, in good conscience, object."

The statement comes in the wake of a historic storming of the U.S. Capitol by protesters egged on after a recent rally held by Trump. The protesters broke into the Capitol building and made it into congressional chambers and offices of elected officials.

Representatives scrambled to crouch under desks and don gas marks, while police tried to barricade the building, one of the most jarring scenes ever to unfold in a seat of American political power. A woman was shot and killed inside the Capitol, and Washington’s mayor instituted an evening curfew in an attempt to contain the violence.

A somber President-elect Joe Biden, two weeks away from being inaugurated, said American democracy was “under unprecedented assault,” a sentiment echoed by many in Congress, including some Republicans. Former President George W. Bush said he watched the events in “disbelief and dismay.”

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Just got done with work. Did I miss anything important?

1. Stupid Woman was climbing through a window in a door of a secured area of a Federal Building where the VP was present. I don't feel bad for her at all. Fuck around and you'll find out. Honestly, I'm having a hard time understanding HOW ANY OF THOSE FUCKERS GOT IN THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE! Maybe if she wasn't breaking the law, she would be alive, right?

2. Check out pictures of the Capital before the BLM protests and what they had there today. With LITERALLY WEEKS of advanced notice and Trump supporters screaming about what they were going to do. Yet you have local cops with traffic crossing vests on instead of the FULL ON MILITARY staying shoulder to shoulder for the BLM protests. Tanks, riot gear, rubber bullets galore all for a photo op in front of a church, attacking ACTUAL PEACEFUL protestors. Yet here you have them "Trying to reason" with FUCKING TERRORISTS INSIDE OF THE BUILDING! I don't want ANYONE trying to claim that White Privilege "isn't a thing" or that "they'd be alive if they weren't breaking the law" or that POC and anyone that isn't a gun licking maniac in this country isn't under ACTIVE attack from LE.

3. They had their chance during the impeachment. They had plenty of chances while he was inciting violence and spreading conspiracy theories. THEY. DID. NOTHING. Not only that, but you STILL have people in Congress implying that the terrorists today weren't even Trump Supporters. ANYONE that stood by him and didn't actively try to decry everything he's done since the election needs to be tried, convicted and put to death for Treason. End of story. Firing Squad Realness on Center Stage.

Fuck this shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

https://mobile.twitter.com/DrEricDin...87462732750848

Haven’t found any social media for her yet. You wouldnt want me trying to start an article anyway. Man, all the way to CA to storm a capital and then what? These idiots expect to run the government theirselves? Not only was this a failure on police handling “protestors” What does this say about our National security? They literally stormed and invaded a federal building. I’m still kinda shook about today.

https://mobile.twitter.com/DrEricDin...87462732750848

Haven’t found any social media for her yet. You wouldnt want me trying to start an article anyway. Man, all the way to CA to storm a capital and then what? These idiots expect to run the government theirselves? Not only was this a failure on police handling “protestors” What does this say about our National security? They literally stormed and invaded a federal building. I’m still kinda shook about today.
    Her Twitter:

https://twitter.com/Ashli_Babbitt?s=09

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Damn it I swear SoCal Karen is going to be like the West Coast version of "Florida Man" the way things are going with these stories.

https://ibb.co/PwB3Mfj

Dammit. Link.

Thread Information