View Poll Results: Who's gonna win the election?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Biden

7 77.78%
  • Trump

0 0%
  • Biden, but Trump will legally steal it from him

1 11.11%
  • Pelosi, because it will go into legal proceedings until after the inauguaration

1 11.11%
Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Election 2020-get your popcorn ready!

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Oh, ok. You had me concerned about you there for a moment.
    Concerned?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Concerned?
    I thought you were mounting a conspiracy theory moment. I didn't think you were like that, but your initial comment made me worry.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    I thought you were mounting a conspiracy theory moment. I didn't think you were like that, but your initial comment made me worry.
    Oh crap! Was my tinfoil hat showing?

https://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/per...tion-he-backed

ATLANTA - A FOX 5 I-Team investigation has found more stock trades made by U.S. Sen. David Perdue (R-GA) involving a regional bank that benefited from legislation he supported and helped write.

The senator, who says his portfolio is handled by an outside firm, says he has been investigated and cleared for his buying and selling of stocks.

In March of 2018, Perdue urged fellow members of the Senate Banking Committee to support a bill rolling back Obama era regulation on smaller regional and community banks.

"I encourage every member of this body to think seriously about this and support this bill in its final passage," said Perdue.

The FOX 5 I-Team found in May of 2017, ten months prior to this public speech, Perdue began buying stock in one of the regional banks that stood to benefit from the legislation: Regions Financial Corporation. This, according to his financial disclosures.

Regions Financial Corporation is Birmingham based and serves customers across the South, Midwest and Texas, according to its website.

RELATED: FOX 5 Poll: Senate runoffs extremely tight, Gov. Kemp's approval rating slips

Reporter: Is there any problem with this in your mind from an ethical point of view?
    Edward Queen: The short answer to that is yes.

Professor Edward Queen is a faculty member at the Emory Center for Ethics.

"The failure of legislators to regulate and control themselves is a driving factor I would argue in the decrease in trust in the political process in the United States.

Perdue's spokesperson told us "Sen. Perdue doesn't handle the day-to-day decisions of his portfolio - all of his holdings are managed by outside financial advisors."

Though the New York Times, quoting an anonymous source earlier reported, "Perdue retained some degree of discretion over which trades were made and when."

According to Perdue's financial disclosures, between May of 2017 and November of 2017 when a possible bill to help banks like Regions was publicly announced, Perdue bought between $11,000 and $165,000 worth of Regions Financial Corporation Stock.

RELATED: 'Someone's gonna get shot': Georgia official calls out Trump, senators over harsh election rhetoric

We don't know the exact amount because Congressional Financial disclosure reports give only a broad range.

"It's a big deal. A big deal for our country," said President Trump at the time.

In May of 2018, when Trump signed the bill rolling back what was known as the Dodd-Frank regulations on smaller banks. Regions Financial Corporation was hailed in news reports as one of the bill's big winners.

"I pledged we would rescue community banks from Dodd-Franks, the disaster of Dodd-Franks and now we are keeping that commitment," said Trump.

The new law meant only the country's largest banks -- deemed "too big to fail" -- would have their balance sheets scrutinized by the Fed, easing rules and regulations on smaller banks like Regions Financial Corporation.

Perdue continued to buy Regions' stock. In total, between May of 2017 and December of 2018 he bought Regions stock 26 times.

In October of 2019, Perdue sold thousands of those shares of Regions stock. According to his disclosure report, the two day sell off was valued between $115,002 - $300,000.

“This is about people of the United States against crooks like you in Washington, too busy enriching yourselves while in office to protect us from the most significant threat to our health and prosperity in generations," said John Ossoff during a debate.

https://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/sec...ote-in-georgia

Update Georgia is investigating a voter fraud allegation of a Florida Lawyer.

ATLANTA - The Georgia Secretary of State’s Office is investigating a Florida attorney for encouraging two million others to move to Georgia to be able to vote in the upcoming Senate runoff.

Bill Price, the attorney in question, was recorded making the remarked to a Bay County Florida Republican Party meeting on Nov. 7. He said he was moving to Georgia and moving in with his brother in order to register to vote in the runoff, the Secretary of State's Office revealed. He then encouraged others to be “his roommate in Georgia” and register.

If we lose the Senate on Jan. 5 in Georgia, we will become Venezuela,” he told the crowd inside the county headquarters in a video posted to their Facebook page, “and I will invite each and every one of you to be my roommate in Georgia.”

“I’m changing my voter registration right now, and I’m inviting two million people to be my roommate.”

The clip has since been removed from Facebook.

In a phone conversation, Price admitted to FOX News that he had filled out the registration online but said he was doing it to expose Democrats who were trying to vote illegally.

“I wanted to see how easy it was to do it,” he said. “I’m not actually moving to Georgia. I was joking.”

Still, in the video, Price is heard encouraging attendees to use the address of his brother who lives in Georgia in order to register to vote there.

“We have to start fighting back and we have to do whatever it takes,” he says in the footage. “And if that means changing your address for the next two months, so be it.”

“We’ll make room for you at the dinner table,” he said before stating his brother’s address several times.

“An attorney should know better,” said Deidre Holden, chair of the Board of Elections in Paulding County, where Price attempted to register to vote. “This is fraud,” she said, “especially after his speech on Facebook.”

“Make no mistake, individuals who attempt to undermine the integrity of Georgia’s elections will be investigated and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law,” said Secretary Raffensperger. “Those who move to Georgia just to vote in the Senate runoffs with no intention of staying are committing a felony that is punishable with jail time and hefty fines. They will be found, they will be investigated, and they will be punished.”

Price did not answer messages left by FOX News with his office in Panama City, Fla.

Raffensperger’s has since launched a full investigation of Price’s actions after he attempted to register to vote. His status is still pending.

Download the FOX 5 Atlanta app for breaking news and weather alerts.

State elections officials have issued warnings previously about out-of-state residents attempting to move to the state to participate in the runoff election.

The Secretary of State’s Office earlier this week announced it was also launching an investigation into four voter registration organizations that reportedly sent absentee ballot applications to people at "addresses where they have not lived since 1994."

https://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/pre...-senate-runoff

ATLANTA - President Donald Trump has announced details about his weekend visit to Georgia to rally supporters in the hopes of keeping the state's Senate seats in Republican hands.

Wednesday, the president's election campaign said Trump would appear at a Victory Rally hosted by the Republican National Committee in Valdosta on Saturday at 7 p.m.

Also appearing at the rally will be Sen. David Perdue and Sen. Kelly Loeffler, who both are facing Democratic challengers for their Senate seats, Public Service Commissioner Lauren "Bubba" McDonald, and other members of the party.

The president's announcement comes a day after Voting Systems Manager Gabriel Sterling urged the president, senators, and other Republicans to reduce their allegations of voter fraud and calm supporters, warning that the current threats of violence could turn dangerous.

SEE MORE: 'Someone's gonna get shot': Georgia official calls out Trump, senators over harsh election rhetoric

Trump had previously called Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger an “enemy of the people” and said Gov. Brian Kemp was a "hapless" governor who had allowed Georgia to be “scammed.”

“Mr. President, you have not condemned these actions or this language. Senators, you have not condemned this language or these actions,” Sterling said. “This has to stop. We need you to step up, and if you’re going to take a position of leadership, show some.”

In response, Trump continued to mention unproven claims of fraud relating to mail-in ballots on Twitter, saying "expose the massive voter fraud in Georgia."

The campaigns for Republican U.S. Sens. David Perdue and Kelly Loeffler both issued statements Tuesday evening condemning violence but also criticizing election officials, according to news outlets.

GET MORE 2020 ELECTION COVERAGE

“Like many officials, as someone who has been the subject of threats, of course Senator Loeffler condemns violence of any kind. How ridiculous to even suggest otherwise,” Loeffler campaign spokesman Stephen Lawson said. “We also condemn inaction and lack of accountability in our election system process — and won’t apologize for calling it out.”

Republicans leadership in Georgia, including Raffensperger and Sterling, have urged the president and members of the party to focus on the state's Senate race. On CNN Tuesday, Lt. Gov. Geoff Duncan warned that the consequences could be harmful to the Republican Party.

I so want to move out of Georgia. I can't believe idiots want to move here to get some stupid Republicans elected. I hope the Democrats win.
    Also, I'm really looking forward to the idiots that attend Trump's rally spreading covid-19 to non-attendees. I hope Trump and his goons catch it and no aborted cells help him.

https://www.wptv.com/news/region-c-p...eorgia-to-vote

Lincoln Project get your act together or else the Trump's will send you to Prison for "Rigging the election". I agree we need to go after Trump's high ranking cult supporters but we need to protest against the right person under investigation for Voter Fraud.

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. — A Florida attorney is drawing the ire of many after his recent remarks about his plan to move to Georgia to vote in the state's runoff election in the Senate race.

There's just one problem. He's not the right guy.

West Palm Beach attorney Bill Price told WPTV he has been receiving hateful emails and telephone calls ever since a Fox News report about another Florida attorney, who happens to share the same name as Price, who was being investigated by Georgia officials for trying to vote illegally.

"I have nothing to do with him," Bill Price, whose office is in West Palm Beach, said Thursday. "He's not related to me. But our office has been getting calls and our website has been getting barraged by hate, bullying and other slanderous comments all day long."

The other Bill Price made headlines for what he said during a Nov. 7 speech to the Bay County Republican Party of Florida.

"If we lose the Senate on Jan. 5 in Georgia, we will become Venezuela," the other Bill Price said.

That Bill Price said he was moving to his brother's home in Georgia and encouraged others to come with him.
    "I will invite each and every one of you to be my roommate in Georgia," he said in the since-deleted Facebook video. "I'm moving to Georgia. I'm changing my voter registration right now and I'm inviting 2 million people to be my roommate if they want. We'll make room for you at the dinner table."

But the Bill Price who practices law in Palm Beach County said he took an oath to uphold the U.S. Constitution and even teaches it to students in Palm Beach County schools. He said he's been receiving messages "from as far away as Washington, D.C., with people that don't even know me."

Among the email messages that South Florida's Bill Price has received were:

"I hope you are prosecuted and lose your license to practice."
    "Hahaha you're going to jail and losing your license."
    "Shame on you. Go crawl back under the rock you crawled out from."
    "Just wondering if this is the law firm that encourages felonious activities? Are you all criminals or is (it) just the managing partners?"
    A spokesman for Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger said registering to vote without the intention of becoming a permanent resident is a felony.

"Only permanent residents are eligible to vote in Georgia," spokesman Walter Jones told Fox News.

The Bill Price who practices law in Panama City told Fox News he completed a Georgia voter registration form online but was only doing it to expose Democrats who were trying to vote illegally. He said he was only joking about moving to Georgia.

But that's no reassurance for the Bill Price more than 500 miles away.

"This has been very hurtful to my staff and I want to make sure that this stops," he said.

https://ktla.com/news/nationworld/bi...ction-results/

California certified its presidential election Friday and appointed 55 electors pledged to vote for Democrat Joe Biden, officially handing him the Electoral College majority needed to win the White House.

Secretary of State Alex Padilla’s formal approval of Biden’s win in the state brought his tally of pledged electors so far to 279, according to a tally by The Associated Press. That’s just over the 270 threshold for victory.

These steps in the election are often ignored formalities. But the hidden mechanics of electing a U.S. president have drawn new scrutiny this year as President Donald Trump continues to deny Biden’s victory and pursues increasingly specious legal strategies aimed at overturning the results before they are finalized.

Although it’s been apparent for weeks that Biden won the presidential election, his accrual of more than 270 electors is the first step toward the White House, said Edward B. Foley, a law professor at Ohio State University.

“It is a legal milestone and the first milestone that has that status,” Foley said. “Everything prior to that was premised on what we call projections.”

As states continue to certify results of the 2020 presidential election ahead of a Dec. 14 meeting of electors, California’s 55 electoral votes put Democrat Joe Biden past the 270 needed to win the race. (AP Graphic)
    The electors named Friday will meet Dec. 14, along with counterparts in each state, to formally vote for the next president. Most states have laws binding their electors to the winner of the popular vote in their state, measures that were upheld by a Supreme Court decision this year. There have been no suggestions that any of Biden’s pledged electors would contemplate not voting for him.

Results of the Electoral College vote are due to be received, and typically approved, by Congress on Jan. 6. Although lawmakers can object to accepting the electors’ votes, it would be almost impossible for Biden to be blocked at that point.

The Democratic-controlled House and Republican-controlled Senate would both vote separately to resolve any disputes. One already has arisen from Pennsylvania, where 75 Republican lawmakers signed a statement on Friday urging Congress to block the state’s electoral votes from being cast for Biden. But the state’s Republican U.S. senator, Pat Toomey, said soon afterward that he would not be objecting to Pennsylvania’s slate of electors, underscoring the difficulty in trying to change the election results through Congress.

“As a practical matter, we know that Joe Biden is going to be inaugurated on Jan. 20,” Foley said.

That was clear in the days after the election, when the count of mail ballots gradually made clear that Biden had won victories in enough states to win the Electoral College. It became even more apparent in late November, when every swing state won by Biden certified him as the winner of its elections and appointed his electors to the Electoral College. Trump has fruitlessly tried to stop those states from certifying Biden as the winner and appointing electors for the former vice president.

He made no effort in deeply Democratic California, the most populous state in the nation and the trove of its largest number of electoral votes. Three more states won by Biden — Colorado, Hawaii and New Jersey — have not yet certified their results. When they do, Biden will have 306 Electoral College votes to Trump’s 232.

Trump and his allies have brought at least 50 legal cases trying to overturn the results in the swing states Biden won — mainly Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin. More than 30 have been rejected or dropped, according to an AP tally.

Trump and his allies have also raised the far-fetched notion that Republican state legislatures in those states could appoint a rival set of electors pledged to Trump.

But state Republican leaders have rejected that approach, and it would likely be futile in any case. According to federal law, both chambers of Congress would need to vote to accept a competing slate of electors. If they don’t, the electors appointed by the states’ governors — all pledged to Biden in these cases — must be used.

The last remaining move to block the election would be the quixotic effort to vote down the electors in Congress.

This tactic has been tried — a handful of congressional Democrats in 2000, 2004 and 2016 objected to officially making both George W. Bush and Trump president. But the numbers were not enough to block the two men from taking office.

https://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2020-55203838

US President Donald Trump has held his first rally after losing the US presidential election.

The event in Georgia comes before key Senate runoff elections there in January, which will decide control of the upper house.

Joe Biden is the first Democratic candidate to win the state in a presidential election since 1992.

Mr Trump has repeatedly refused to admit his defeat and made numerous unsubstantiated claims of voter fraud.

Ahead of the rally he criticised Georgia's Republican governor on Twitter, calling on him to help overturn Joe Biden's election victory in the state.

In his speech on Saturday, however, the president seemed to admit his loss, claiming his foreign policy measures could be reversed under the incoming Democratic president-elect. Under the US constitution, Mr Biden will take office on 20 January regardless of whether Mr Trump admits defeat.

Why Republicans are fighting in Georgia
    Mr Biden won the presidential election with 306 votes in the electoral college - the system the US uses to elect a president - to Mr Trump's 232. The college will meet on 14 December to formalise the outcome.

What did Trump say?
    Appearing in Valdosta, Georgia, for his first rally since the 3 November vote, Mr Trump again made claims of electoral fraud and attacked Governor Brian Kemp.

Mr Trump has alleged throughout the election that the increase in postal ballots had led to widespread fraud, but there has been no evidence of this.

In a speech nearly two hours long - nominally to support two Republican Senators campaigning for re-election - President Trump told the cheering crowd that he could still win the election. Repeating his unsubstantiated claims, he said "they cheated and rigged our presidential election but we'll still win it", adding that Mr Kemp should "get a lot tougher".

The crowd - many waving "Make America Great Again" posters - chanted "Stop the steal" and "Four more years".

Despite the euphoria of the event, some Republicans are concerned that the president's continuing allegations of fraud will discourage his supporters from voting in the Senate races by falsely convincing them that the system is rigged.

Georgia's Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger, a Republican, said on Wednesday that no evidence of widespread fraud had been found to support Mr Trump's claims.

An election official in the state, Gabriel Sterling, also a Republican, has urged the president to tone down his fraud claims, saying they were inciting violent threats.

The rally came after Mr Trump reportedly called Governor Kemp on Saturday morning and asked him to demand an audit of absentee ballot signatures, according to the Washington Post. Mr Kemp - who has no power to order such an audit - turned down the requests, a source told the newspaper.

Then on Twitter, the president turned up the pressure on the governor, saying: "I will easily & quickly win Georgia if Governor @BrianKempGA or the Secretary of State permit a simple signature verification ... Why are these two 'Republicans' saying no?"

Mr Kemp tweeted back that he had "publicly called for a signature audit three times", to which Trump responded by calling for a special session of the state legislature.

Someone reportedly familiar with the call told CNN that Mr Trump told Mr Kemp to call the special session and convince legislators to pick electors who would support him.

How you can be US president without winning most votes
    Under the US electoral college system, people vote for a president and then state electors - roughly in line with the population of their state - formally give their electoral college votes to a candidate.

Why are Republicans campaigning again in Georgia?
    The state has two separate Senate races under way ahead of runoff elections on 5 January and both have a Republican incumbent squaring off against a Democratic newcomer.

Senator David Perdue, 70, will compete against Jon Ossoff, 33, a documentary filmmaker.

Senator Kelly Loeffler, 50, is facing off with Reverend Raphael Warnock, 51, a senior pastor at an Atlanta Baptist Church.

Recent polls show Mr Warnock pulling ahead of Ms Loeffler and the Perdue-Ossoff race in a dead heat.

Mr Trump's Republican party currently has a slim majority in the upper chamber, and a victory in the run-offs would allow it to counter the Democratic administration of President-elect Biden.

However, if the Democrats win the two remaining seats, they would control half the seats in the Senate - and the vice-president would be able to act as a tie-breaker.

The Democrats already control the lower chamber - the House of Representatives.

https://fox40.com/news/california-co...for-us-senate/

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — A coalition of African American civil rights leaders say it would be a “step backward” if Gov. Gavin Newsom does not pick a Black woman to replace Vice President-elect Kamala Harris in the U.S. Senate.

In a letter to Newsom, 28 civil rights leaders urged him to pick either U.S. Rep. Karen Bass from Los Angeles or U.S. Rep. Barbara Lee from Oakland. Both are Black women.

Harris is the only Black woman in the U.S. Senate. But she will leave that job in January when she is sworn in as vice president.

Newsom gets to pick who replaces Harris for the final two years of her Senate term. He is facing pressure from various groups, including those wanting him to appoint California’s first Latino U.S. senator.

The letter was signed by leaders from the Southern Christian Leadership Conference of Southern California, Al Sharpton’s West Coast National Action Network, and the Los Angeles chapter of the NAACP, among others. It says while one Black woman in the Senate is not enough, “zero is unacceptable.”

“We would find any appointment other than Karen Bass or Barbara Lee to carry out the remainder of Vice President- Elect Harris’ term as a step backwards in our struggle for equity and justice for all,” the letter said.

https://fox40.com/news/california-co...lth-secretary/

WASHINGTON (AP) — President-elect Joe Biden has picked California Attorney General Xavier Becerra to be his health secretary, putting a defender of the Affordable Care Act in a leading role to oversee his administration’s coronavirus response.

If confirmed by the Senate, Becerra, 62, will be the first Latino to head the Department of Health and Human Services, a $1-trillion-plus agency with 80,000 employees and a portfolio that includes drugs and vaccines, leading-edge medical research and health insurance programs covering more than 130 million Americans.

As California’s attorney general, Becerra has led the coalition of Democratic states defending “Obamacare” from the Trump administration’s latest effort to overturn it, a legal case awaiting a Supreme Court decision next year.

A former senior House Democrat, Becerra played a role in steering the Obama health law through Congress in 2009 and 2010. At the time he would tell reporters that one of the primary motivations for him was having tens of thousands of uninsured people in his Southern California district.

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/atl...HVZYOUN7BY2YM/

Update Bill Price who was facing a Voter Fraud allegation in Georgia is now facing an investigation in Florida over his lawyer license. :D its funny how republicans whine about the election is being rigged when their own supporters are investigated for the very thing they accuse Downtown Sacramento of doing.

ATLANTA ? The Florida Bar Association has opened a probe into a Florida attorney at the center of a Channel 2 Action News voter fraud investigation.

Bill Price, a Panama City-based attorney, was captured on Facebook Live instructing a group of Bay County GOP members how to temporarily move to Georgia to cast ballots in the January 5th Senate runoff election. He repeats his brother?s Georgia address for them several times, and details his plan to use it to vote in January.

The now-deleted video was captured in full by Channel 2 Investigative Reporter Nicole Carr.

Price, who denied he was being serious in the speech, then registered to vote in Georgia using his brother?s Paulding County address, and signed to an affidavit that he was a permanent Georgia resident and eligible to vote. The registration is in pending status, and the elections board is set to kick the registration out of the system during a special-called meeting next week. The man?s brother?s address has been flagged as investigators probe whether others at the meeting attempted to register in Georgia.

Meanwhile, the Georgia Secretary of State?s office is conducting a voter fraud investigation centered around Price. They issued a second statement after the Channel 2 investigation ran earlier this week, emphasizing the felony charges tied to false registrations. A conviction could lead to up to ten years in jail and a $100,000 fine.

RELATED STORIES:

President Trump?s attorneys ask Georgia legislature to overturn election, select own electors
    Groups from out of state working to get the runoff vote out in Georgia
    Georgia U.S. Rep. David Scott named first Black chairman of House Agriculture Committee

?Make no mistake, individuals who attempt to undermine the integrity of Georgia?s elections will be investigated and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law,? said Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger. ?Those who move to Georgia just to vote in the Senate runoffs with no intention of staying are committing a felony that is punishable with jail-time and hefty fines. They will be found, they will be investigated, and they will be punished.?

On Friday morning, the Florida Bar Association confirmed to Carr that they?d opened a file into the allegations against Price. The open file is investigated at a staff level to determine whether the attorney violated Florida Bar rules. Open files can lead to active investigations or monitoring of the event in the probe.

https://apnews.com/article/election-...f8bc3368549879

Good!

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Supreme Court on Tuesday rejected Republicans’ last-gasp bid to reverse Pennsylvania’s certification of President-elect Joe Biden’s victory in the electoral battleground.

The court without comment refused to call into question the certification process in Pennsylvania. Democratic Gov. Tom Wolf already has certified Biden’s victory over President Donald Trump and the state’s 20 electors are to meet on Dec. 14 to cast their votes for Biden.

In any case, Biden won 306 electoral votes, so even if Pennsylvania’s results had been in doubt, he still would have more than the 270 electoral votes needed to become president.
    ADVERTISEMENT

The court’s decision not to intervene came in a lawsuit led by Republican U.S. Rep. Mike Kelly of northeastern Pennsylvania and GOP congressional candidate and Trump favorite Sean Parnell, who lost to Pittsburgh-area U.S. Rep. Conor Lamb, a Democrat.

“Even Trump appointees & Republicans saw this for what it was: a charade,” Lamb said on Twitter.

In court filings, lawyers for Pennsylvania and Gov. Tom Wolf, a Democrat, had called the lawsuit’s claims “fundamentally frivolous” and its request “one of the most dramatic, disruptive invocations of judicial power in the history of the Republic.”

“No court has ever issued an order nullifying a governor’s certification of presidential election results,” they wrote.

Republican U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas had offered to argue the case, if the high court took it.

Having lost the request for the court to intervene immediately, Greg Teufel, a lawyer for Kelly and Parnell, said he will file a separate request to ask the court to consider the case on its underlying merits on an expedited basis.

Still, hopes for immediate intervention “substantially dimmed” with the court’s action Tuesday, Teufel said.

Republicans had pleaded with the justices to intervene immediately after the state Supreme Court turned away their case last week.

The Republicans argued that Pennsylvania’s expansive vote-by-mail law is unconstitutional because it required a constitutional amendment to authorize its provisions. Just one Republican state lawmaker voted against its passage last year in Pennsylvania’s Republican-controlled Legislature.

Biden beat President Donald Trump by more than 80,000 votes in Pennsylvania, a state Trump had won in 2016. Most mail-in ballots were submitted by Democrats.

The state’s high court said the plaintiffs waited too long to file the challenge and noted the Republicans’ staggering demand that an entire election be overturned retroactively.

In the underlying lawsuit, Kelly, Parnell and the other Republican plaintiffs had sought to either throw out the 2.5 million mail-in ballots submitted under the law or to wipe out the election results and direct the state’s Republican-controlled Legislature to pick Pennsylvania’s presidential electors.

___

https://apnews.com/article/donald-tr...c99c403abd0457

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump and his allies say their lawsuits aimed at subverting the 2020 election and reversing his loss to Joe Biden would be substantiated, if only judges were allowed to hear the cases.

There is a central flaw in the argument. Judges have heard the cases and have been among the harshest critics of the legal arguments put forth by Trump’s legal team, often dismissing them with scathing language of repudiation.

This has been true whether the judge has been appointed by a Democrat or a Republican, including those named by Trump himself.

The judicial rulings that have rejected Trump’s unfounded claims of widespread voter fraud have underscored not only the futility of the lame-duck president’s brazen attempt to sabotage the people’s will but also the role of the courts in checking his unprecedented efforts to stay in power.

The rebukes have not stopped the litigation. On Tuesday, Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton sued the states of Georgia, Michigan, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania, alleging that they violated the Constitution based on a litany of already-dismissed complaints. Paxton asked the U.S. Supreme Court to invalidate their 62 Electoral College votes for Biden — a move that would swing the election to Trump and would be unprecedented in American history.

The high court on Tuesday separately rejected another plea to intervene in the election, from Pennsylvania Republicans who wanted the court to undo the certification of Biden’s victory in the state.

On Monday, U.S. District Judge Linda Parker threw out a lawsuit challenging Michigan’s election results that had been filed two days after the state certified the results for Biden. Parker, appointed by President Barack Obama, said the case embodied the phrase “This ship has sailed.”
    More Stories:

– Tuesday's safe harbor deadline is boost for Biden
    – Election 2020 Today: Biden's defense pick, Trump challenges
    – Georgia again certifies election results showing Biden won

“This lawsuit seems to be less about achieving the relief plaintiffs seek ... and more about the impact of their allegations on people’s faith in the democratic process and their trust in our government.”

The lawsuit filed on behalf of a group of voters claimed Biden benefited from fraud, alleging, as in much of the other litigation, a massive Democrat-run conspiracy to shift the results. It sought to reverse the certification and impound all voting machines for inspection — “relief that is stunning in its scope and breathtaking in its reach,” the judge said.

“Plaintiffs ask this court to ignore the orderly statutory scheme established to challenge elections and to ignore the will of millions of voters. This, the court cannot, and will not, do,” she said.

“The people have spoken.”

Her ruling stands alongside others in Pennsylvania, Georgia, Arizona and Nevada that have a common thread: They all rejected Trump’s claims.

Even in the face of these losses in court, Trump has contended that, in fact, he won the election. And he’s moved out of the courts to directly appeal to lawmakers as his losses mount. He brought Michigan lawmakers to the White House in a failed bid to set aside the vote tally, and phoned Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp, asking him to order a special legislative session to overturn the states results. Kemp refused. Trump also called Pennsylvania Republican House Speaker Bryan Cutler, who said state law did not give the legislature the power to overturn the will of voters.

And Trump tweeted in all caps, “I WON THE ELECTION, BIG.”

While that is not the case, what is true is that Trump is rapidly running out of legal runway. Out of roughly 50 lawsuits filed, more than 35 have been dropped or dismissed. The U.S. Supreme Court was expected to weigh in later this week in a case from Pennsylvania. A great deal of the lawsuits highlight a lack of understanding of how elections actually work.

In Georgia, U.S. District Judge Timothy Batten, appointed by President George W. Bush, dismissed a lawsuit filed by attorney Sidney Powell, who was dropped from the Trump legal team a few weeks ago but has still continued to spread faulty election claims.
    Full Coverage: Election 2020

The lawsuit claimed widespread fraud meant to illegally manipulate the vote count in favor of Biden. The suit said the scheme was carried out in different ways, including ballot stuffing, votes flipped by the election system from Trump to Biden and problems with absentee ballots. The judge summarily rejected those claims.

Batten said the lawsuit sought “perhaps the most extraordinary relief ever sought in any federal court in connection with an election.”

He said the lawsuit sought to ignore the will of voters in Georgia, which certified the state for Biden again Monday after three vote counts.

“They want this court to substitute its judgment for that of two-and-a-half million Georgia voters who voted for Joe Biden and this I am unwilling to do,” Batten said.

Trump has appointed more than 150 federal court judges who have been confirmed by the Senate and pushed through three Supreme Court justices.

Much like Trump, his lawyers try to blame the political leanings of the judge after their legal arguments are flayed.

When a federal appeals panel in Philadelphia rejected Trump’s election challenge just five days after it reached the court, Trump legal advisor Jenna Ellis called their work a product of “the activist judicial machinery in Pennsylvania.”

But Trump appointed the judge who wrote the Nov. 27 opinion.

“Voters, not lawyers, choose the president. Ballots, not briefs, decide elections,” Judge Stephanos Bibas wrote as the 3rd U.S. Circuit panel refused to stop the state from certifying its results for Democrat Joe Biden, a demand he called “breathtaking.”

All three of the panel members were appointed by Republican presidents.

And they were upholding the decision of a fourth Republican, U.S. District Judge Matthew Brann, a conservative jurist and Federalist Society member. Brann had called the campaign’s legal case, which was argued in court by Rudy Giuliani, a “haphazard” jumble that resembled “Frankenstein’s monster.”

In state courts, too, the lawsuits have failed. In Arizona on Friday, Judge Randall Warner, an independent appointed in 2007 by Democratic former Gov. Janet Napolitano, threw out a bid to undo Biden’s victory.

Arizona Republican Party Chairwoman Kelli Ward challenged of ballots in metro Phoenix that were duplicated because voters’ earlier ballots were damaged or could not be run through tabulators.

Warner wrote: “There is no evidence that the inaccuracies were intentional or part of a fraudulent scheme. They were mistakes. And given both the small number of duplicate ballots and the low error rate, the evidence does not show any impact on the outcome.”

In Nevada on Friday, Judge James Todd Russell in Carson City ruled that attorneys for Republican electors failed to provide clear or convincing evidence of fraud or illegality.

Nevada judges are nonpartisan. But Russell’s father was a Republican governor of the state from 1951-59.

___

https://www.fox2detroit.com/news/det...r-video-threat

SOUTHFIELD, Mich. (FOX 2) - Two days after sharing a racist voicemail where she was threatened to be lynched, Detroit Democrat Rep. Cynthia Johnson has been stripped of her committees and faces further action in the Michigan House of Representatives after posting a video where she pushed back against claims of election fraud and appeared to threaten supporters of President Donald Trump.

Johnson went live on Facebook Tuesday night after she said a woman from Illinois was identified by law enforcement as the person who left the threatening voicemail. The 62-year-old first-term state representative thanked supporters following last week's hearing with Trump attorney Rudy Giuliani.

"There's a good way to do it, and a f***ed up way to do it," she said. "You don't have to curse anybody out, you don't have to call people names. Hit their a**es in the pocketbook."

After discussing the unnamed Illinois woman, she then made a statement that is getting the bulk of the attention.

"So this is just a warning to you Trumpers: be careful, walk lightly. We ain't playing with you. enough of the shenanigans. Enough. It's enough - and for those of you who are soldiers, you know how to do it. Do it right. be in order, make them pay. "

Whether Johnson is referring to physically making them pay through violence or making them pay financially, as she alluded to earlier with her reference of hitting them "in the pocketbook", is unclear.

Former Democratic State Senator Coleman Young said, regardless, that her tone crossed a line but the response to it is unnecessary.

"You cannot use language like that. Period. That is not OK. However, I think it is draconian to make a public example out of her," he said.

Former Republican House Majority Leader Rocky Raczkowski said her tone and language is hypocritical after what happened to her earlier this week.

"For her to call the police to show those voicemails of threats and then turn around and they do exactly the same thing that she found hurtful against people that voted for President Trump, or supported President Trump, is uncalled for," he said.

Johnson, who was part of the House Oversight Committee which is overseeing the election claims of fraud, was stripped of her duties on Wednesday.

Michigan Democratic leadership issued a statement chastising House Speaker Lee Chatfield and Speaker-elect Jason Wentworth:

"The overheated language of the statement issued by speaker Chatfield and Speaker-elect Wentworth illustrates that the republicans prioritize partisan politics and political theater over healing the wounds of division, preserving the well-being of the legislature as an institution, protecting the safety of members, and acting on the needs of the people of Michigan."

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...scotus-rejects

The chair of the Texas Republican Party appeared to float secession after the Supreme Court shot down a lawsuit led by the Lone Star State seeking to overturn the results of the presidential election.

Texas GOP chair Allen West rebuked the high court in a statement, saying that "law-abiding states" should "form a Union" after the decision throwing out the lawsuit from Texas.

Seventeen other states and 126 House Republicans had backed Texas's effort to overturn the election results in Georgia, Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin — four key states that secured President-elect Joe Biden's win.

The court’s ruling, which said that Texas lacked the legal right to litigate over how other states conduct their elections, represented a devastating blow to efforts by President Trump and his allies to challenge the election results.

“The Supreme Court, in tossing the Texas lawsuit that was joined by seventeen states and 106 U.S. congressman, has decreed that a state can take unconstitutional actions and violate its own election law resulting in damaging effects on other states that abide by the law, while the guilty state suffers no consequences," West said after the ruling. "This decision establishes a precedent that says states can violate the U.S. constitution and not be held accountable.

“This decision will have far-reaching ramifications for the future of our constitutional republic," he continued. "Perhaps law-abiding states should bond together and form a Union of states that will abide by the constitution.”

The remark drew swift condemnation from both parties.

“I believe @TexasGOP should immediately retract this, apologize, and fire Allen West and anyone else associated with this. My guy Abraham Lincoln and the Union soldiers already told you no,” GOP Rep. Adam Kinzinger (Ill.), a frequent Trump critic, tweeted.

“The Texas Republican Party is officially in favor of leaving the Union. They have lost their minds. Biden will be President, but these people are deadly serious about secession and sedition. And this is the only question that media should ask any elected Republican tomorrow,” added Sen. Brian Schatz (D-Hawaii).

The Supreme Court's ruling marked the latest and most grave defeat yet for the legal campaign by the president and his allies to overturn Biden's win. The Electoral College will vote Monday to formally elect Biden.

Trump and his allies in Congress have repeatedly touted claims that widespread voter fraud and irregularities cost the president reelection, though their lawsuits have been shot down for lack of evidence or standing.
    Umm??? Really Texas would go bankrupt if they had a secession.

Also case and point Texas is dependent on California for economic reasons.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/12/01/hpe-...alifornia.html

Hewlett Packard Enterprise is the latest tech company to shift its focus away from Silicon Valley, announcing Tuesday that it will relocate its headquarters from San Jose, California, to Houston, Texas.

“HPE’s largest U.S. employment hub, Houston is an attractive market to recruit and retain future diverse talent, and is where the company is currently constructing a state-of-the-art new campus,” the company said in its fourth quarter earnings release. It’s unclear how many employees the move will affect, though the company said no layoffs will be with the move.

HPE will keep the San Jose campus, and will consolidate some of its Bay Area sites there, it said.

For its fourth quarter, the company reported:

Revenue: $7.21 billion vs $6.88 billion expected, according to a consensus estimate from Refinitiv.
    Earnings: $0.37 per share (adjusted), compared with $0.34 expected, as per Refinitiv.
    The company also raised guidance for the 2021 fiscal year. Shares were little changed in after hours trading.

The coronavirus pandemic has given a number of tech companies and prominent Silicon Valley figures an excuse to exit California. Without many needing to go into an office every day, many are questioning the high cost of living and the state’s hefty taxes amid a broader shift to remote work. But HPE’s move is particularly notable because Hewlett-Packard was one of the original Silicon Valley success stories, founded by partners Bill Hewlett and Dave Packard in a garage in Palo Alto 1939. In 2015, that company split into HPE and hardware maker HP Inc., which is not moving.

Data analytics software company Palantir Technologies moved its headquarters to Denver, Colorado from Palo Alto, California, earlier this year. The company’s co-founder Joe Lonsdale followed suit, and announced last month he was moving the headquarters of 8VC, his venture firm, from San Francisco to Austin, Texas.

Dropbox CEO Drew Houston has also reportedly decided to move to Austin. Dropbox said in October it will stop asking employees to come into its offices and instead make remote work the standard practice. For employees who need to meet or work together in person, the company is setting up “Dropbox Studios” in San Francisco, Seattle, Austin and Dublin when it’s safe to do so.

Some companies are also allowing employees more flexibility with where they work, while retaining office space.

Twitter and Square are letting employees work from home “forever,” while Microsoft said workers will have more flexibility to work from home. Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg predicted in May that 50% of employees will be working remotely within the next decade.

https://www.11alive.com/article/news...b-90bbbfd9ec1b

ATLANTA — President Donald Trump has lost his latest legal challenge seeking to overturn Georgia’s election results.

The state Supreme Court late Saturday rejected a case from Trump’s campaign and Georgia Republican Party Chairman David Shafer.

The suit that made baseless allegations of widespread fraud in Georgia’s presidential election was initially filed Dec. 4, then rejected by the Fulton County Superior Court because the paperwork was improperly completed and it lacked the appropriate filing fees.
    The case was subsequently appealed directly to the state Supreme Court, asking justices to consider the case before Monday’s meeting of the Electoral College.

Every time Trump loses, an angel gets it's wings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Why?

Because I don't like anal penetration sex between men, I don't.

Just because I don't like anal sex, doesn't make me any less gay or unable to be loved.

I can't be the only one out here, I'm just not. Don't worry about it. Mind your fucking business.

https://ktla.com/news/nationworld/el...ext-president/

The Electoral College gave Joe Biden a solid majority of its votes Monday, confirming his victory in last month’s election in state-by-state voting that took on added importance this year because of President Donald Trump’s refusal to concede he lost.

California’s 55 electoral votes put Biden over the top, clearing the 270-vote mark that affirmed he will be the nation’s next president.

Heightened security was in place in some states as electors met on the day established by federal law. Electors cast paper ballots in gatherings that took place in the 50 states and the District of Columbia, with masks, social distancing and other virus precautions the order of the day. The results will be sent to Washington and tallied in a Jan. 6 joint session of Congress over which Vice President Mike Pence will preside.

There was little suspense and no change as all the electoral votes allocated to Biden and Trump in last month’s popular vote went to each man.

When all the votes are in, Biden was expected to have 306 to 232 for Trump. Biden topped Trump by more than 7 million in the popular vote nationwide.

“In this battle for the soul of America, democracy prevailed,” Biden said in remarks prepared for an evening speech. “We the people voted. Faith in our institutions held. The integrity of our elections remains intact. And so, now it is time to turn the page. To unite. To heal.”

Biden renewed his campaign promise to be a president for all Americans, whether they voted for him or not, and said the country has hard work ahead on the virus and economy.

But there was no concession from the White House, where Trump has continued to make unsupported allegations of fraud.

Trump remained in the Oval Office long after the sun set in Washington, calling allies and fellow Republicans while keeping track of the running Electoral College tally, according to White House and campaign aides. The president frequently ducked into the private dining room off the Oval Office to watch on TV, complaining that the cable networks were treating it like a mini-Election Night while not giving his challenges any airtime.

The president had grown increasingly disappointed with the size of “Stop the Steal” rallies across the nation as well as efforts for the GOP to field its own slates of electors in states. A presidential wish for a fierce administration defense led to TV appearances early Monday by Stephen Miller, one of his most ferocious advocates, to try to downplay the importance of the Electoral College vote and suggest that Trump’s legal challenges would continue all the way to Inauguration Day on Jan. 20.

In a Fox News interview taped over the weekend, Trump said that “I worry about the country having an illegitimate president, that’s what I worry about. A president that lost and lost badly.”

On Monday in Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, Nevada, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin — the six battleground states that Biden won and Trump contested — electors gave Biden and Vice President-elect Kamala Harris their votes in low-key proceedings. Nevada’s electors met via Zoom because of the coronavirus pandemic.

Trump says he’ll leave White House if Electoral College seats Biden
    Trump’s efforts to undermine the election results also led to concerns about safety for the electors, virtually unheard of in previous years. In Michigan, lawmakers from both parties reported receiving threats, and legislative offices were closed over threats of violence. Biden won the state by 154,000 votes, or 2.8 percentage points, over Trump.

Georgia state police were out in force at the state Capitol in Atlanta before Democratic electors pledged to Biden met. There were no protesters seen.

Even with the Electoral College’s confirmation of Biden’s victory, some Republicans continued to refuse to acknowledge that reality. Yet their opposition to Biden had no practical effect on the electoral process, with the Democrat to be sworn in next month.

Despite Biden’s wins in Georgia, Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin, Republicans who would have been Trump electors met in those states anyway. Pennsylvania Republicans said they cast a “procedural vote” for Trump and Pence in case courts that have repeatedly rejected challenges to Biden’s victory were to somehow still determine that Trump had won.

In North Carolina, Utah and other states across the country where Trump won, his electors turned out to duly cast their ballots for him. Electors in North Carolina had their temperatures checked before being allowed to enter the Capitol to vote. Utah Attorney General Sean Reyes withdrew as a Trump elector and was in quarantine because he was exposed to someone with COVID-19.

Former President Bill Clinton and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, whom Trump defeated four years ago, were among New York’s 29 electors for Biden and Harris.

In New Hampshire, before the state’s four electors voted for Biden at the State House in Concord, 13-year-old Brayden Harrington led the group in the Pledge of Allegiance. He had delivered a moving speech at the Democratic National Convention in August about the struggle with stuttering he shares with Biden.

Following weeks of Republican legal challenges that were easily dismissed by judges, Trump and Republican allies tried to persuade the Supreme Court last week to set aside 62 electoral votes for Biden in four states, which might have thrown the outcome into doubt.

The justices rejected the effort on Friday.

In 32 states and the District of Columbia, laws require electors to vote for the popular-vote winner. The Supreme Court unanimously upheld this arrangement in July.

Electors almost always vote for the state winner anyway because they generally are devoted to their political parties. There was no reason to expect any defections this year.

The Electoral College was the product of compromise during the drafting of the Constitution between those who favored electing the president by popular vote and those who opposed giving the people the power to directly choose their leader.

Each state gets a number of electors equal to its total number of seats in Congress: two senators plus however many members the state has in the House of Representatives. Washington, D.C., has three votes, under a constitutional amendment that was ratified in 1961. With the exception of Maine and Nebraska, states award all their Electoral College votes to the winner of the popular vote in their state.

The bargain struck by the nation’s founders has produced five elections in which the president did not win the popular vote. Trump was the most recent example in 2016.

Thread Information