View Poll Results: Who's gonna win the election?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Biden

7 77.78%
  • Trump

0 0%
  • Biden, but Trump will legally steal it from him

1 11.11%
  • Pelosi, because it will go into legal proceedings until after the inauguaration

1 11.11%
Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Election 2020-get your popcorn ready!

Don't drink sanitizer! raisedbywolves's Avatar
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...id=mailsignout

Trump campaign lawyer: Krebs should be 'shot' for rejecting president's election claims

A lawyer for President Trump's reelection campaign said former U.S. cybersecurity official Christopher Krebs should be "shot" for rejecting the president's claims that the 2020 election was rigged.

During an interview on "The Howie Carr Show," Joe diGenova outlined a number of baseless accusations around the elections, including that "mail-in balloting is inherently corrupt." He then criticized Krebs, calling him a "class A moron."

"Anybody who thinks the election went well, like that idiot Krebs who used to be the head of cybersecurity," diGenova said. "That guy is a class A moron. He should be drawn and quartered. Taken out at dawn and shot."

DiGenova's comments come as the president and his allies lash out at those who publicly oppose the notion that the 2020 election was rigged.

Trump fired Krebs in November after his former agency, the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA), issued a statement asserting that the 2020 election was "the most secure in American history" and dispelled assertions that voting systems were compromised.

The president said on Twitter that the statement was "highly inaccurate" and claimed, without evidence, that "there was massive improprieties and fraud-including dead people voting."

During an interview on "60 Minutes" that aired Sunday, Krebs said that he stands by his comments defending the election's integrity.

"We did a good job. We did it right. I'd do it a thousand times over," he said.

Trump lashed out at the CBS show on Sunday, saying the producers did not contact the White House about CISA's election stance, which he called an "international joke."

The president has baselessly claimed for weeks that the election was stolen by President-elect Joe Biden through massive voter fraud and has mounted a series of legal challenges to contest the results. Most of these legal challenges have been unsuccessful.

Ugh, this is still going on? I haven't been paying attention because it is annoying me.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

I think I'm going to do a mail in ballot for Georgia's Senate seats, because my vote didn't count for the presidential election, and I'm not going to take my son anywhere unnecessary again.
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    "he had Skittles so he could have made drugs".
    Quote Originally Posted by daisylane View Post
    Yo mama such a ho, that Foursquare has made her vag a place to "check in".

Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    I think I'm going to do a mail in ballot for Georgia's Senate seats, because my vote didn't count for the presidential election, and I'm not going to take my son anywhere unnecessary again.
    I'm afraid to ask, why do you think your vote didn't count for the presidential election.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    Ugh, this is still going on? I haven't been paying attention because it is annoying me.

Yes I know right Governor Newsom was supposed to announce the Next US Senator from California right after the election but he had to wait for Trump to stop filing election related lawsuits though and the court outcome to do so.

Kamala Harris was supposed to move and resign from her Senate Seat because of her win as VP elect but we have to wait until Inauguration Day to find out.

Here is what is supposed to appear on this thread.

https://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/som...ction-rhetoric

ATLANTA - Gabriel Sterling, the Voting Systems Manager for the Georgia Secretary of State's office, came out swinging during a press conference Tuesday afternoon after weeks of harassment, threats, and division.

"It has all gone too far," Sterling said. "This has to stop!?

Sterling started the press conference calling out President Donald Trump and Senators David Perdue and Kelly Loeffler, who he said he still fully supports, for not coming out against the on-going threats being made on Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger, his wife, and numerous elections officials and contractors.

"Be the bigger man here and step in and tell your supporters to stop," Sterling, a life-long conservative, directly challenged the president.

He said the ?straw that broke the camel?s back? was a 20-something Gwinnett County contractor with Dominion, the company entrusted with Georgia?s new voting system, had a noose out in front of his home with his name on it after a video was posted online claiming to show him ?manipulate data.?

?He just took a job,? an emotional Sterling said adding he chose to have a high-profile job, but the young man who was threatened was just doing his job. ?People started accusing him of treason."

Sterling asserted the contractor did nothing wrong and was transferring a report on batches so that he could read it.

?Mr. President, you have not condemned these actions or this language. Senators, you have not condemned this language or these actions,? Sterling said, visibly angry. ?This has to stop. We need you to step up, and if you?re going to take a position of leadership, show some.?

He also outlined how Raffensperger?s wife has been receiving "sexualized threats" on her personal phone.

"?Death threats, physical threats, intimidation is too much. It's not right. They've lost the moral high ground," Sterling said.Over the weekend, trucks flying ?Trump? and "Stop the Steal" flags drove up and down the street outside of Secretary Brad Raffensperger's property, honking their horns as they passed by. The group was protesting what they perceive as a stolen vote.

"Someone is gonna get hurt, someone is gonna get shot, someone is gonna get killed," Sterling said.

Sterling has also been the target of threats and said he required police protection at his home during the certification of the presidential race.

"I'm kind of pissed," Sterling said about Georgia?s two current Senators who last month called for Raffensperger's resignation. He said that the president calling the secretary of state an enemy of the people ?opened the floodgates" to the intimidation, harassment, and threats by those who have opposed the election results in Georgia that show Joe Biden won. Both senators are in a heated runoff scheduled for Jan. 5.

"You have to be responsible on your rhetoric,? Sterling said. "You have to be responsible on your statement. You have to be responsible on your deeds, that shouldn't be too much to ask."

Casey Black, a spokesperson for Sen. Perdue released a statement that reads:

"Senator Perdue condemns violence of any kind, against anybody. Period. We won?t apologize for addressing the obvious issues with the way our state conducts its elections. Georgians deserve accountability and improvements to that process ? and we?re fighting to make sure the January 5th election is safe, secure, transparent, and accurate."

Stephen Lawson, a spokesperson for Sen. Loeffler release a statement that reads:

?Like many officials, as someone who has been the subject of threats, of course, Senator Loeffler condemns violence of any kind. How ridiculous to even suggest otherwise. We also condemn inaction and lack of accountability in our election system process?and won?t apologize for calling it out. Senator Loeffler will continue fighting to ensure we have a fair, trusted, and accurate election because the future of our country is at stake.?

SEE MORE: While dealing with death threats, Raffensperger says recount tracking toward Biden win in Georgia

Raffensperger and Sterling both have police stationed outside their homes, and the Georgia Bureau of Investigation has said it?s investigating possible threats against officials to determine their credibility.

The comments came the day before a midnight deadline to complete a recount requested by the Trump campaign since the vote came within one percent. Sterling said as of 3 p.m., 91 of the 159 counties in the state have completed their rescan of the ballots. He said all counties should be complete by the deadline.

Here is the full context from the Press conference in Georgia and he went directly after Trump for failing to stop his supporters such as Qanon from harassing and calling for the deaths of poll workers.

I'm afraid to ask, why do you think your vote didn't count for the presidential election.
    They already said Biden was president before they announced the Georgia results.

They already said Biden was president before they announced the Georgia results.
    Oh, ok. You had me concerned about you there for a moment.

https://www.11alive.com/article/news...0-5e8d793aa510

GWINNETT COUNTY, Ga. ? A Gwinnett County employee was followed from the county elections office on Tuesday by a man conducting a Twitter livestream, who believed the worker was moving computers in violation of a court order.

The "computers" were desk phones, according to a Lawrenceville Police Department report.

In an episode underscoring the misinformation and conjecture coursing through Georgia's election process, the police report outlines how the Twitter livestream spawned a call to Lawrenceville PD from a man in Oklahoma.

RELATED: State election official to Trump: 'Stop inspiring people to commit potential acts of violence'

The Oklahoma man, the report says, "was very upset that there was a vehicle... leaving the elections building filled with, what he believed to be, computers containing data for the 2020 General Election."

The man, the responding officer writes in his report, "demanded that I watch the Twitter live stream, figure out where the vehicle is on the road and stop it."

In the stream itself, the Twitter user followed the worker all the way to a Gwinnett County water treatment facility, 10 miles away.

The Lawrenceville officer describes in his report watching that video, in which the Twitter user interacted with a Gwinnett County officer when he tried to get onto the grounds of the county facility.

"(The Twitter user) advised why he was following the vehicle, because he believed the vehicle contained computers that had data on the 2020 General Election still on their hard drives. The Officer in the stream investigated the boxes in the (vehicle) and found that they were boxes of new desk phones that the County was upgrading to," the report states. "The Officer advised that the driver of the (vehicle) was simply driving to different locations and upgrading County workers' desk phones."

At the county elections office, where the officer responded, he found a group at the back entrance "wishing to make sure the election office does not discard any computers" and spoke to an elections official who told him the group "had been harassing the county staff and that they needed to leave the rear of the building."

The Lawrenceville officer made the group move to the front of the building.

In the stream, two Gwinnett County officers interact with the man. He indicates he arrived in Georgia from another state the night before.

"I came down just because nobody was monitoring the voting facilities," he says.

"They've been monitoring the facilities all day," the first officer responds.

At one point, he explains that he believes computers were taken from the elections office.

The second officer tells him: "I'm gonna tell you, straight up, you're wrong. Because he's just a county worker replacing phones for the county."

A little later he asks if they're sure that was what was in the boxes.

"I already told you... the whole county's phones are getting switched out, my desk phone just got switched out. That's all he's doing," the second officer says.

"So I feel like I've done my dude diligence as a patriot," the Twitter user says at that point.

The officers appear to let him leave with a warning and ask him to "be mindful of what you're doing who you're following, cause you're liable to get in trouble."

The Twitter user, however, did not seem convinced. After speaking with the officers, he told his audience following the stream: "They didn't check the boxes."

https://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/dem...ction-rhetoric

ATLANTA - Democrats were quick to respond to angry comments made by one of Georgia’s top elections officials on Tuesday.

Gabriel Sterling, a life-long Republican who oversaw the implementation of the state’s new voting system, came out swinging on Tuesday afternoon against members of his own party, admonishing the president and Georgia’s two Republican senators for continued rhetoric surrounding the election and the threats of violence that have resulted.

Trump last week called Raffensperger an “enemy of the people,” Sterling noted, adding, “That helped open the floodgates to this kind of crap.”

Sterling openly challenged President Trump as well as Republican U.S. Sens. David Perdue and Kelly Loeffler to denounce violent threats and to rein in supporters from continued threats based on conspiratorial denials of defeat in the presidential election on Nov. 3.

Biden won by fewer than 13,000 votes out of about 5 million cast and the state is currently undergoing a recount at the request of the Trump campaign since the vote was within a one-percent margin.

Calls to end harsh election rhetoric

Georgia elections officials call for an end to threats and disinformation.

The campaigns for Perdue and Loeffler both issued statements Tuesday evening condemning violence but also criticizing election officials, according to news outlets. They previously called for Sterling’s boss, Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger to resign over what they call a mismanagement of the statewide election.

Democrats, who have become energized by Biden's win and eager to try to flip Georgia’s two Senate seats, were quick to respond to Sterling’s comments.

Former Georgia Democratic gubernatorial candidate and found of Fair Fight, Stacey Abrams released the following statement:

"Fair Fight and I condemn in the strongest terms possible all threats against election workers, contractors, and election officials. We are deeply grateful for the local elections staff and elections volunteers who devote their time and talents in service to our democracy. Without these patriots, our voices could not be heard and our votes could not be counted. Kelly Loeffler and David Perdue, who have echoed election conspiracies without evidence and contributed to the culture of intimidation and fear, should join us in condemning those who engage in these despicable attacks. Georgians deserve better from their leaders than self-serving silence."

Oh, ok. You had me concerned about you there for a moment.
    Concerned?

Concerned?
    I thought you were mounting a conspiracy theory moment. I didn't think you were like that, but your initial comment made me worry.

I thought you were mounting a conspiracy theory moment. I didn't think you were like that, but your initial comment made me worry.
    Oh crap! Was my tinfoil hat showing?

https://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/per...tion-he-backed

ATLANTA - A FOX 5 I-Team investigation has found more stock trades made by U.S. Sen. David Perdue (R-GA) involving a regional bank that benefited from legislation he supported and helped write.

The senator, who says his portfolio is handled by an outside firm, says he has been investigated and cleared for his buying and selling of stocks.

In March of 2018, Perdue urged fellow members of the Senate Banking Committee to support a bill rolling back Obama era regulation on smaller regional and community banks.

"I encourage every member of this body to think seriously about this and support this bill in its final passage," said Perdue.

The FOX 5 I-Team found in May of 2017, ten months prior to this public speech, Perdue began buying stock in one of the regional banks that stood to benefit from the legislation: Regions Financial Corporation. This, according to his financial disclosures.

Regions Financial Corporation is Birmingham based and serves customers across the South, Midwest and Texas, according to its website.

RELATED: FOX 5 Poll: Senate runoffs extremely tight, Gov. Kemp's approval rating slips

Reporter: Is there any problem with this in your mind from an ethical point of view?
    Edward Queen: The short answer to that is yes.

Professor Edward Queen is a faculty member at the Emory Center for Ethics.

"The failure of legislators to regulate and control themselves is a driving factor I would argue in the decrease in trust in the political process in the United States.

Perdue's spokesperson told us "Sen. Perdue doesn't handle the day-to-day decisions of his portfolio - all of his holdings are managed by outside financial advisors."

Though the New York Times, quoting an anonymous source earlier reported, "Perdue retained some degree of discretion over which trades were made and when."

According to Perdue's financial disclosures, between May of 2017 and November of 2017 when a possible bill to help banks like Regions was publicly announced, Perdue bought between $11,000 and $165,000 worth of Regions Financial Corporation Stock.

RELATED: 'Someone's gonna get shot': Georgia official calls out Trump, senators over harsh election rhetoric

We don't know the exact amount because Congressional Financial disclosure reports give only a broad range.

"It's a big deal. A big deal for our country," said President Trump at the time.

In May of 2018, when Trump signed the bill rolling back what was known as the Dodd-Frank regulations on smaller banks. Regions Financial Corporation was hailed in news reports as one of the bill's big winners.

"I pledged we would rescue community banks from Dodd-Franks, the disaster of Dodd-Franks and now we are keeping that commitment," said Trump.

The new law meant only the country's largest banks -- deemed "too big to fail" -- would have their balance sheets scrutinized by the Fed, easing rules and regulations on smaller banks like Regions Financial Corporation.

Perdue continued to buy Regions' stock. In total, between May of 2017 and December of 2018 he bought Regions stock 26 times.

In October of 2019, Perdue sold thousands of those shares of Regions stock. According to his disclosure report, the two day sell off was valued between $115,002 - $300,000.

“This is about people of the United States against crooks like you in Washington, too busy enriching yourselves while in office to protect us from the most significant threat to our health and prosperity in generations," said John Ossoff during a debate.

https://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/sec...ote-in-georgia

Update Georgia is investigating a voter fraud allegation of a Florida Lawyer.

ATLANTA - The Georgia Secretary of State’s Office is investigating a Florida attorney for encouraging two million others to move to Georgia to be able to vote in the upcoming Senate runoff.

Bill Price, the attorney in question, was recorded making the remarked to a Bay County Florida Republican Party meeting on Nov. 7. He said he was moving to Georgia and moving in with his brother in order to register to vote in the runoff, the Secretary of State's Office revealed. He then encouraged others to be “his roommate in Georgia” and register.

If we lose the Senate on Jan. 5 in Georgia, we will become Venezuela,” he told the crowd inside the county headquarters in a video posted to their Facebook page, “and I will invite each and every one of you to be my roommate in Georgia.”

“I’m changing my voter registration right now, and I’m inviting two million people to be my roommate.”

The clip has since been removed from Facebook.

In a phone conversation, Price admitted to FOX News that he had filled out the registration online but said he was doing it to expose Democrats who were trying to vote illegally.

“I wanted to see how easy it was to do it,” he said. “I’m not actually moving to Georgia. I was joking.”

Still, in the video, Price is heard encouraging attendees to use the address of his brother who lives in Georgia in order to register to vote there.

“We have to start fighting back and we have to do whatever it takes,” he says in the footage. “And if that means changing your address for the next two months, so be it.”

“We’ll make room for you at the dinner table,” he said before stating his brother’s address several times.

“An attorney should know better,” said Deidre Holden, chair of the Board of Elections in Paulding County, where Price attempted to register to vote. “This is fraud,” she said, “especially after his speech on Facebook.”

“Make no mistake, individuals who attempt to undermine the integrity of Georgia’s elections will be investigated and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law,” said Secretary Raffensperger. “Those who move to Georgia just to vote in the Senate runoffs with no intention of staying are committing a felony that is punishable with jail time and hefty fines. They will be found, they will be investigated, and they will be punished.”

Price did not answer messages left by FOX News with his office in Panama City, Fla.

Raffensperger’s has since launched a full investigation of Price’s actions after he attempted to register to vote. His status is still pending.

Download the FOX 5 Atlanta app for breaking news and weather alerts.

State elections officials have issued warnings previously about out-of-state residents attempting to move to the state to participate in the runoff election.

The Secretary of State’s Office earlier this week announced it was also launching an investigation into four voter registration organizations that reportedly sent absentee ballot applications to people at "addresses where they have not lived since 1994."

https://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/pre...-senate-runoff

ATLANTA - President Donald Trump has announced details about his weekend visit to Georgia to rally supporters in the hopes of keeping the state's Senate seats in Republican hands.

Wednesday, the president's election campaign said Trump would appear at a Victory Rally hosted by the Republican National Committee in Valdosta on Saturday at 7 p.m.

Also appearing at the rally will be Sen. David Perdue and Sen. Kelly Loeffler, who both are facing Democratic challengers for their Senate seats, Public Service Commissioner Lauren "Bubba" McDonald, and other members of the party.

The president's announcement comes a day after Voting Systems Manager Gabriel Sterling urged the president, senators, and other Republicans to reduce their allegations of voter fraud and calm supporters, warning that the current threats of violence could turn dangerous.

SEE MORE: 'Someone's gonna get shot': Georgia official calls out Trump, senators over harsh election rhetoric

Trump had previously called Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger an “enemy of the people” and said Gov. Brian Kemp was a "hapless" governor who had allowed Georgia to be “scammed.”

“Mr. President, you have not condemned these actions or this language. Senators, you have not condemned this language or these actions,” Sterling said. “This has to stop. We need you to step up, and if you’re going to take a position of leadership, show some.”

In response, Trump continued to mention unproven claims of fraud relating to mail-in ballots on Twitter, saying "expose the massive voter fraud in Georgia."

The campaigns for Republican U.S. Sens. David Perdue and Kelly Loeffler both issued statements Tuesday evening condemning violence but also criticizing election officials, according to news outlets.

GET MORE 2020 ELECTION COVERAGE

“Like many officials, as someone who has been the subject of threats, of course Senator Loeffler condemns violence of any kind. How ridiculous to even suggest otherwise,” Loeffler campaign spokesman Stephen Lawson said. “We also condemn inaction and lack of accountability in our election system process — and won’t apologize for calling it out.”

Republicans leadership in Georgia, including Raffensperger and Sterling, have urged the president and members of the party to focus on the state's Senate race. On CNN Tuesday, Lt. Gov. Geoff Duncan warned that the consequences could be harmful to the Republican Party.

I so want to move out of Georgia. I can't believe idiots want to move here to get some stupid Republicans elected. I hope the Democrats win.
    Also, I'm really looking forward to the idiots that attend Trump's rally spreading covid-19 to non-attendees. I hope Trump and his goons catch it and no aborted cells help him.

https://www.wptv.com/news/region-c-p...eorgia-to-vote

Lincoln Project get your act together or else the Trump's will send you to Prison for "Rigging the election". I agree we need to go after Trump's high ranking cult supporters but we need to protest against the right person under investigation for Voter Fraud.

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. — A Florida attorney is drawing the ire of many after his recent remarks about his plan to move to Georgia to vote in the state's runoff election in the Senate race.

There's just one problem. He's not the right guy.

West Palm Beach attorney Bill Price told WPTV he has been receiving hateful emails and telephone calls ever since a Fox News report about another Florida attorney, who happens to share the same name as Price, who was being investigated by Georgia officials for trying to vote illegally.

"I have nothing to do with him," Bill Price, whose office is in West Palm Beach, said Thursday. "He's not related to me. But our office has been getting calls and our website has been getting barraged by hate, bullying and other slanderous comments all day long."

The other Bill Price made headlines for what he said during a Nov. 7 speech to the Bay County Republican Party of Florida.

"If we lose the Senate on Jan. 5 in Georgia, we will become Venezuela," the other Bill Price said.

That Bill Price said he was moving to his brother's home in Georgia and encouraged others to come with him.
    "I will invite each and every one of you to be my roommate in Georgia," he said in the since-deleted Facebook video. "I'm moving to Georgia. I'm changing my voter registration right now and I'm inviting 2 million people to be my roommate if they want. We'll make room for you at the dinner table."

But the Bill Price who practices law in Palm Beach County said he took an oath to uphold the U.S. Constitution and even teaches it to students in Palm Beach County schools. He said he's been receiving messages "from as far away as Washington, D.C., with people that don't even know me."

Among the email messages that South Florida's Bill Price has received were:

"I hope you are prosecuted and lose your license to practice."
    "Hahaha you're going to jail and losing your license."
    "Shame on you. Go crawl back under the rock you crawled out from."
    "Just wondering if this is the law firm that encourages felonious activities? Are you all criminals or is (it) just the managing partners?"
    A spokesman for Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger said registering to vote without the intention of becoming a permanent resident is a felony.

"Only permanent residents are eligible to vote in Georgia," spokesman Walter Jones told Fox News.

The Bill Price who practices law in Panama City told Fox News he completed a Georgia voter registration form online but was only doing it to expose Democrats who were trying to vote illegally. He said he was only joking about moving to Georgia.

But that's no reassurance for the Bill Price more than 500 miles away.

"This has been very hurtful to my staff and I want to make sure that this stops," he said.

https://ktla.com/news/nationworld/bi...ction-results/

California certified its presidential election Friday and appointed 55 electors pledged to vote for Democrat Joe Biden, officially handing him the Electoral College majority needed to win the White House.

Secretary of State Alex Padilla’s formal approval of Biden’s win in the state brought his tally of pledged electors so far to 279, according to a tally by The Associated Press. That’s just over the 270 threshold for victory.

These steps in the election are often ignored formalities. But the hidden mechanics of electing a U.S. president have drawn new scrutiny this year as President Donald Trump continues to deny Biden’s victory and pursues increasingly specious legal strategies aimed at overturning the results before they are finalized.

Although it’s been apparent for weeks that Biden won the presidential election, his accrual of more than 270 electors is the first step toward the White House, said Edward B. Foley, a law professor at Ohio State University.

“It is a legal milestone and the first milestone that has that status,” Foley said. “Everything prior to that was premised on what we call projections.”

As states continue to certify results of the 2020 presidential election ahead of a Dec. 14 meeting of electors, California’s 55 electoral votes put Democrat Joe Biden past the 270 needed to win the race. (AP Graphic)
    The electors named Friday will meet Dec. 14, along with counterparts in each state, to formally vote for the next president. Most states have laws binding their electors to the winner of the popular vote in their state, measures that were upheld by a Supreme Court decision this year. There have been no suggestions that any of Biden’s pledged electors would contemplate not voting for him.

Results of the Electoral College vote are due to be received, and typically approved, by Congress on Jan. 6. Although lawmakers can object to accepting the electors’ votes, it would be almost impossible for Biden to be blocked at that point.

The Democratic-controlled House and Republican-controlled Senate would both vote separately to resolve any disputes. One already has arisen from Pennsylvania, where 75 Republican lawmakers signed a statement on Friday urging Congress to block the state’s electoral votes from being cast for Biden. But the state’s Republican U.S. senator, Pat Toomey, said soon afterward that he would not be objecting to Pennsylvania’s slate of electors, underscoring the difficulty in trying to change the election results through Congress.

“As a practical matter, we know that Joe Biden is going to be inaugurated on Jan. 20,” Foley said.

That was clear in the days after the election, when the count of mail ballots gradually made clear that Biden had won victories in enough states to win the Electoral College. It became even more apparent in late November, when every swing state won by Biden certified him as the winner of its elections and appointed his electors to the Electoral College. Trump has fruitlessly tried to stop those states from certifying Biden as the winner and appointing electors for the former vice president.

He made no effort in deeply Democratic California, the most populous state in the nation and the trove of its largest number of electoral votes. Three more states won by Biden — Colorado, Hawaii and New Jersey — have not yet certified their results. When they do, Biden will have 306 Electoral College votes to Trump’s 232.

Trump and his allies have brought at least 50 legal cases trying to overturn the results in the swing states Biden won — mainly Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin. More than 30 have been rejected or dropped, according to an AP tally.

Trump and his allies have also raised the far-fetched notion that Republican state legislatures in those states could appoint a rival set of electors pledged to Trump.

But state Republican leaders have rejected that approach, and it would likely be futile in any case. According to federal law, both chambers of Congress would need to vote to accept a competing slate of electors. If they don’t, the electors appointed by the states’ governors — all pledged to Biden in these cases — must be used.

The last remaining move to block the election would be the quixotic effort to vote down the electors in Congress.

This tactic has been tried — a handful of congressional Democrats in 2000, 2004 and 2016 objected to officially making both George W. Bush and Trump president. But the numbers were not enough to block the two men from taking office.

Thread Information