View Poll Results: Who's gonna win the election?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Biden

7 77.78%
  • Trump

0 0%
  • Biden, but Trump will legally steal it from him

1 11.11%
  • Pelosi, because it will go into legal proceedings until after the inauguaration

1 11.11%
Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Election 2020-get your popcorn ready!

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    If this isn't true then there's an easy way to prove it. Release the taxes. He's the only President in history who hasn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    If this isn't true then there's an easy way to prove it. Release the taxes. He's the only President in history who hasn't.

Funny how the Right demands Democrats release their birth certificate but not their taxes? By the way Trump there is a Travel ban against the USA because of your actions with COVID-19.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnLanders View Post
    Funny how the Right demands Democrats release their birth certificate but not their taxes? By the way Trump there is a Travel ban against the USA because of your actions with COVID-19.
    When he said America first he wasn't kidding. I'm wondering whether or not Biden will go there in the debate. I hope he does.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...se/3547679001/

Former Pence adviser: 'It does not' surprise her Trump wouldn't commit to peaceful transfer of power
    Rebecca Morin
    USA TODAY

WASHINGTON – A former adviser of Vice President Mike Pence said Friday that "it does not" surprise her that President Donald Trump declined to commit to a peaceful transfer of power if he loses the Nov. 3 election, saying that she was involved in closed door conversations with other officials discussing that scenario.

Olivia Troye, who worked on the coronavirus task force and served as an adviser Pence on counterterrorism and homeland security, said in an interview with CNN's Wolfe Blitzer that during her tenure, the conversations about Trumpstaying in power involved White House staffers and other government officials, including members of the intelligence community.

Troye said they discussed the president refusing to leave office if he loses in November, as well as him getting reelected but deciding not to leave after that term is up.

"You know, the president, when he's joking – if he says that he's joking, he's telling you a half-truth and in there is something fairly frightening and scary," Troye said.

Troye, who departed the White House in August, has endorsed former Vice President Joe Biden, who is the Democratic presidential nominee.

Trump on Wednesday told reporters "we're going to have to see what happens," when asked if he would commit to a peaceful transition, assuming he lost the election. He also continued to criticize mail-in voting, once again claiming, without evidence,it will lead to widespread fraud.

"You know that I've been complaining very strongly about the ballots and the ballots are a disaster," Trump told reporters Wednesday. "Get rid of the ballots and you'll have a very a peaceful – there won’t be a transfer, frankly, there’ll be a continuation.”The comments caused bipartisan outrage. Without mentioning his name, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said the transfer of power would continue as usual, writing on Twitter "the winner of the November 3rd election will be inaugurated on January 20. There will be an orderly transition just as there has been every four years since 1792."

Trump has repeatedly sowed doubt into the general election and mail-in voting. At rallies, the president has also repeatedly joked about seeking more than two terms, saying that it's a line that “triggers” outrage from his Democratic critics.

Contributing: John Fritze

I have my vote by mail ballot in my hand, and my state will count them before Nov 3rd and include the vote by mail in the official tallies that night...so I'm going to fill it out today and mail it so that it has plenty of time to get there....and I'm gonna track it, and if it isn't there and counted by Nov 3rd I found out that I can go vote in person and then have my mail in not counted.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    I have my vote by mail ballot in my hand, and my state will count them before Nov 3rd and include the vote by mail in the official tallies that night...so I'm going to fill it out today and mail it so that it has plenty of time to get there....and I'm gonna track it, and if it isn't there and counted by Nov 3rd I found out that I can go vote in person and then have my mail in not counted.
    I haven't gotten my ballot yet, but I've signed up to track it. I'm pretty sure they're doing the same here in CA. You can turn it in anytime between October 17th through November 3rd.

Been waiting for this debate. Go Trump, go! This should be crwzy funny.

Quote Originally Posted by S281Saleen160 View Post
    Been waiting for this debate. Go Trump, go! This should be crwzy funny.
    pmurT will not prevail!

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Haha, Biden called Donny a clown.
    Gooble goble gooble goble one of us one of us. t(-_-)t

Quote Originally Posted by puke View Post
    Haha, Biden called Donny a clown.
    I didn't watch the debate...I heard it was a shit show.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Gooble goble gooble goble one of us one of us. t(-_-)t

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I didn't watch the debate...I heard it was a shit show.
    It was annoying because sound guys apparently don't know how to cut off Trump's mic when it isn't his turn to speak. Also, Wallace was the worst moderator in history. They better fix these issues for the next two or they'll be unwatchable.

https://www.businessinsider.com/fox-...remacy-2020-10

Fox News reporter John Roberts on Thursday became visibly frustrated with the White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany's responses to questions on why President Donald Trump had not condemned white supremacist groups.

"Stop deflecting. Stop blaming the media. I'm tired of it," Roberts, Fox News' chief White House correspondent, said in an impassioned reaction to Thursday's press briefing.

"The press secretary would not, in a definitive and unambiguous and non-deflecting way, say that the president condemns white supremacism in all its forms and any group that espouses it," Roberts told the Fox host Melissa Francis.

He mentioned that several prominent Republicans in Congress had urged Trump to "correct" his recent statements on the matter.

For all of you on Twitter who are hammering me for asking that question, I don't care!" Roberts said. "Because it's a question that needs to be asked, and clearly the president's Republican colleagues a mile away from here are looking for an answer for it too."

During the briefing, Roberts asked McEnany for a declarative statement on whether the president denounced white supremacism and groups that espouse it.

McEnany falsely said Trump had "condemned white supremacy more than any other president in modern history." White-supremacist and other far-right groups have frequently celebrated Trump's rhetoric and policy positions, and white nationalists have endorsed him in the past.

The White House press secretary went on to misleadingly say that Trump's "record on this is unmistakable," adding that it was "shameful that the media refuses to cover it."

Later, McEnany went after Roberts on Twitter and noted that his wife, the reporter Kyra Phillips, said in a tweet on Wednesday that Trump "tells me he DENOUNCES white supremacists."

But Roberts' questions on Thursday were linked to Trump's well-documented history of decrying white supremacy only feebly after public pressure. The president has repeatedly failed to forcefully condemn white-supremacist groups and their ideology.

Trump has on many occasions made comments that directly align with the worldviews of white supremacists; he told a rally of nearly all white supporters in Minnesota last month that they had "good genes" as he referenced the "racehorse theory."

It's true that the president has disavowed white-supremacist groups in some instances. But this has generally occurred after he received an endorsement from such groups or people associated with them — including the Ku Klux Klan — or after he ignited backlash for making racist or xenophobic statements.

In one of the most infamous moments of his presidency, Trump blamed "many sides" for violence at a neo-Nazi rally in August 2017 in Charlottesville, Virginia, where a counterprotester was killed.

Subsequently, the former KKK leader David Duke celebrated Trump's remarks and thanked the president for condemning the "leftist terrorists."

After the outcry over his response, Trump came forward to denounce white-nationalist groups. But it took a significant amount of criticism, including from Republicans, to push Trump to that point.

During the presidential debate on Tuesday, the moderator, Chris Wallace of Fox News, asked Trump to explicitly condemn white-supremacist groups. In response, Trump elevated a far-right extremist group with a record of disseminating white-nationalist propaganda and perpetrating violence.

"Proud Boys, stand back and stand by!" Trump said. "But I'll tell you what, somebody's got to do something about antifa and the left."

On Wednesday, Trump backtracked and claimed he didn't know who the Proud Boys were, despite explicitly mentioning them during the debate. It was part of a broader pattern for Trump, who has leaned heavily on white-supremacist ploys as he fights for reelection.

https://www.khon2.com/news/national/...fore-election/

WASHINGTON (NEXSTAR) — After almost a full week of meetings between Judge Amy Coney Barrett and Republican senators, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said Thursday that getting a Supreme Court justice confirmed before the election isn’t a done deal.

“Well I haven’t said exactly when we will move with the nominee on the floor,” McConnell (R-KY) told Washington correspondent Kellie Meyer.

When asked about the majority of Americans opposing a confirmation before November’s election, McConnell said that was before they knew who President Donald Trump’s nominee was.

“Now they have a chance to talk about a real flesh-and-blood person,” he said.

The election has already begun in many parts of the country with early voting and mail-in voting underway. Data from the U.S. Elections Project shows more than 1.8 million people have already voted.

McConnell said public support for Barrett will help vulnerable Republican candidates win.

“I think it will be very positive for those that are supporting this outstanding nominee,” he said.

Senate Democrats said Republican leadership is rushing the confirmation process because they want a justice in place before the Affordable Care Act comes up in the Supreme Court the week after the election.

When asked about President Trump’s mention of wanting a justice who wants to overturn the ACA, McConnell said, “he may think that but he’s not the Supreme Court.”

Democrats fear the court could end coverage for pre-existing conditions.

“I think it’s extremely unlikely that the Supreme Court will even deal with that part of the Obamacare law,” McConnell added.

“That’s not what legal experts – both Democrat and Republican – believe,” Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) said Thursday in response to McConnell’s statement.

Schumer said McConnell is just trying to create a diversion.

“McConnell is squirming,” he said.

But the Senate majority leader said he’s confident in Judge Barrett and her qualifications.

“She’s an exemplary person,” McConnell said. “The president could not have picked a better nominee for this vacancy.”

Thank you COVID-19 for hijacking this thread

MADISON - Both candidates in a race to represent Waukesha in the state Assembly are either infected with COVID-19 or are exhibiting common symptoms of coronavirus.

Republican Rep. Scott Allen tested positive on Sept. 27 and his Democratic opponent Aaron Perry started experiencing symptoms on Wednesday, according to a report in the Waukesha Freeman.

?It started with fatigue and a sore throat for me,? Allen told the newspaper. ?I got symptoms and I thought it was best to get a test.?
    Perry said he is waiting for test results and has lost his sense of taste and smell ? common symptoms of coronavirus infection.

Aaron Perry
    The likely infections of both candidates come as Wisconsin grapples with a surge of cases, giving the state one of the worst rates of infection in the country.

Allen's diagnosis comes after he has downplayed the threat of the pandemic in Wisconsin and accused Gov. Tony Evers of propagating fear unnecessarily, most recently claiming to constituents that face masks do not help prevent the spread of the virus because cases are rising.

Track COVID-19 in Wisconsin: See the latest numbers and trends

"Data is in: masks either hurt or do not seem to make a difference," Allen said in a Sept. 22 statement against the extension of the statewide mask mandate released a week before he was diagnosed with COVID-19.

"COVID-19 cases are stabilizing or declining otherwise. Gov. Evers? panic is about positive tests, not actual illness which require medical intervention," Allen said in a statement released in July when Evers first mandated masks statewide. "This is an assault on science and an insult of the intelligence of the people of Wisconsin."

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    https://6abc.com/politics/trump-halt...ction/6820090/

Trump halts COVID-19 relief talks until after 2020 election
    Well after all, he has the Trump plague and still has a job, a roof over his head, medical care and food on his table, so quityrbeefin snowflakes. But maybe not for long eh?
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

He needs to die.

Thread Information