View Poll Results: Who's gonna win the election?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Biden

7 77.78%
  • Trump

0 0%
  • Biden, but Trump will legally steal it from him

1 11.11%
  • Pelosi, because it will go into legal proceedings until after the inauguaration

1 11.11%
Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast

Thread: Election 2020-get your popcorn ready!

Well I guess we'll know in a couple of hours. 19:49 would be 7:49 EST so... maybe you just got a brief peak of the future. It's possible the state dept. intern just got ahead of himself. Fingers crossed.

https://www.businessinsider.com/stat...uary-11-2021-1

A 'disgruntled' staffer reportedly changed Trump's and Pence's biographies on the State Department website to say their terms ended on Monday

President Donald Trump's and Vice President Mike Pence's biography pages on the State Department's website were updated to say that their terms would end on Monday.
    BuzzFeed News and the journalist Hugo Lowell both reported that the changes were made deliberately by a "disgruntled" employee at the State Department.
    BuzzFeed News also reported that Secretary of State Mike Pompeo "ordered an internal investigation into the matter, beginning with interns and employees leaving" this week.

Two cryptic changes on the State Department's website caused an uproar on Monday: President Donald Trump's and Vice President Mike Pence's biography pages were updated to say their terms were ending on Monday, nine days ahead of schedule.

BuzzFeed News and the journalist Hugo Lowell reported that the changes were made deliberately by a "disgruntled" employee. The pages were wiped and updated to say that Pence's term would end on Monday at 7:44 p.m. while Trump's would end five minutes later, at 7:49 p.m.

By 3:50 p.m. ET, Trump's and Pence's biography pages returned 404 errors with the message "We're sorry, this site is currently experiencing technical difficulties. Please try again in a few moments."

Some Twitter users speculated that the State Department could be announcing that Trump and Pence were resigning, or that its site could have been hacked. A diplomat familiar with the matter told BuzzFeed News that the State Department's system was a "closed system" that was "nearly impossible to hack."

BuzzFeed News also reported that Secretary of State Mike Pompeo "ordered an internal investigation into the matter, beginning with interns and employees leaving the State Department this week and next ahead of the transition to the Biden administration."

Trump and Pence are set to leave office at noon on January 20, when President-elect Joe Biden is inaugurated.

Read more: Could Trump mass-pardon his supporters who rioted at the Capitol? He has the power, and there is historical precedent.

Highly visible and rank-and-file Trump administration officials have resigned or criticized the administration after a mob of Trump supporters mounted a violent insurrection at the Capitol last Wednesday.

In the past few months, Trump has devoted significant time and resources to undermining the result of the presidential election and seeking to overturn it. He has spread misinformation and disinformation about the election and pressured Pence to "decertify" the election, which Pence did not have the power to do.

The highest-profile Trump administration officials to depart early because of the violence last week include Transportation Secretary Elaine Chao; Education Secretary Betsy DeVos; Stephanie Grisham, first lady Melania Trump's chief of staff and spokeswoman; and Mick Mulvaney, the special envoy to Northern Ireland.
    Last edited by puzzld; 01-11-2021 at 02:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Yep. At least SOME of them were in on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Yep. At least SOME of them were in on it.
    Yep. There were heroes and there were villains in the ranks of the capital pd that day. And a whole lot of total incompetence (at the very least) in the leadership of the capital police. Higher up? Much much more. Many of the rioters were just useful idiots, but a certain corps were even worse and had they managed to get their hands on Pelosi, Pence et al. we would have seen assassinations livestreamed on twitter.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.

Q Shaman is upset that people think he's antifa and he can't get any organic food in prison.

https://www.lmtonline.com/nation/art...z-15852663.php

https://www.dailydot.com/debug/q-sha...ic-food-tweet/
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

My husband told me this morning that they were using facial recognition to arrest some of the rioters. They were being pulled off planes and labeled terrorists. I didn't really consider it till just now, but if these people are being labeled terrorists, unless Donald pardons them, they'll probably all be put on a no fly list and can never leave this country ever again. How depressing. Of course all the stupid middle-aged - old people probably wouldn't care, because they wouldn't want to deal with [insert vulgar slang term for someone that's not white and/or doesn't speak Murica]. But for us sane non-rioters that like to travel, that means no Taj Mahal, no Eiffel Tower, no Leaning Tower of Pisa, etc. Again how depressing!

Also, has anyone found out their neighbor, cousin, uncle, teacher, student, etc. was part of the riots? I mean the U.S. is a big country, but... it's not that big.

Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    My husband told me this morning that they were using facial recognition to arrest some of the rioters. They were being pulled off planes and labeled terrorists. I didn't really consider it till just now, but if these people are being labeled terrorists, unless Donald pardons them, they'll probably all be put on a no fly list and can never leave this country ever again. How depressing. Of course all the stupid middle-aged - old people probably wouldn't care, because they wouldn't want to deal with [insert vulgar slang term for someone that's not white and/or doesn't speak Murica]. But for us sane non-rioters that like to travel, that means no Taj Mahal, no Eiffel Tower, no Leaning Tower of Pisa, etc. Again how depressing!

Also, has anyone found out their neighbor, cousin, uncle, teacher, student, etc. was part of the riots? I mean the U.S. is a big country, but... it's not that big.
    This isn't happening. Some of them were taken off planes after they wouldn't wear a mask and were being disruptive on planes home. There are calls though for everyone who is arrested to be put on the no fly list, the same as other terrorists though.

If someone doesn't want that, all they have to do is not be a terrorist...I don't think that is that hard. Because they're white though, I will believe it when I see it. I doubt they will actually put them on the no fly list. All they are getting right now is being banned from the airline they refused to wear a mask on. They can still fly other airlines.
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 01-12-2021 at 05:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    This isn't happening. Some of them were taken off planes after they wouldn't wear mask and were being disruptive on planes home. There are calls for everyone who is arrested to be put on the no fly list, the same as other terrorists though.

If someone doesn't want that, all they have to do is not be a terrorist...I don't think that is that hard. Because they're white though, I will believe it when I see it. I doubt they will actually put them on the no fly list. All they are getting right now is being banned from the airline they refused to wear a mask on. They can still fly other airlines.
    How the heck did they get to D.C. if they refused to wear masks back?! If only stupid Trump would've worn a mask from day 1, a lot of this crap could've been avoided.

Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    How the heck did they get to D.C. if they refused to wear masks back?! If only stupid Trump would've worn a mask from day 1, a lot of this crap could've been avoided.
    I guess they wore them on the way up. Flight Attendant Unions are concerned that pro-Trump idiots are going to assault the flight attendants because they are trying to make them follow the rules. A pilot for American apparently had to threaten to stop in Kansas and kick them all off to get them to settle down somewhat on one flight. I know that Alaskan banned 14 pro-Trumpers from flying with them again.

On cell.
    This just in, the U.S. Marshals will feed horn head a diet rich in organic food while he's in custody. #whiteprivilege

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.kxa...itol-riot/amp/

Glad I'm off today so I can watch the second impeachment vote.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Why?

Because I don't like anal penetration sex between men, I don't.

Just because I don't like anal sex, doesn't make me any less gay or unable to be loved.

I can't be the only one out here, I'm just not. Don't worry about it. Mind your fucking business.

House impeaches Trump for role in deadly Capitol riot

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-ne...-21/index.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

Well, he did want to make history.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Why?

Because I don't like anal penetration sex between men, I don't.

Just because I don't like anal sex, doesn't make me any less gay or unable to be loved.

I can't be the only one out here, I'm just not. Don't worry about it. Mind your fucking business.

could we make a thread labeled "terrorists" and add all the assholes who have been arrested due to the attempted coup?
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers

Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    could we make a thread labeled "terrorists" and add all the assholes who have been arrested due to the attempted coup?
    Yeah, I've been thinking about doing that. I can pull a lot of the posts out of this thread and move them to their own separate one.

Yeah, I've been thinking about doing that. I can pull a lot of the posts out of this thread and move them to their own separate one.
    woohoo!

We should all post the original status do on Facebook and see how many idiots we can get to delete their Parler.

Trump and Giuliani will have a trial by combat!

They will if Trump doesn't pay his legal fees.

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...al-fees-report

Trump tells aides not to pay Giuliani's legal fees: report
    BY JOHN BOWDEN - 01/14/21 08:52 AM EST 943

President Trump has reportedly instructed his aides to cease payments to his personal attorney Rudy Giuliani following weeks of efforts aimed at overturning the results of the 2020 election.

The Washington Post reported Thursday that Giuliani's expenses are now being personally approved by Trump as the former's efforts to file legal challenges in states around the country on behalf of the president appear to be winding down.

Giuliani did not immediately respond to a request for comment from The Hill. Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.), a close ally of the president who has spoken with Trump in recent days, told the Post that Trump has come to terms with his election defeat.

?The president has come to grips with it?s over,? Graham told the Post. ?That?s tough. He thinks he was cheated, but nothing?s going to change that.?

The apparent end of the president's efforts to legally challenge the results of the presidential election comes nearly two months after the election itself and days after a mob of his supporters stormed the U.S. Capitol in a violent riot that resulted in five deaths, including a Capitol Police officer. A second officer responding to the scene died days later.

A statement from the president Wednesday called on his supporters to avoid a repeat of that scene during President-elect Biden's inauguration.

?In light of reports of more demonstrations, I urge that there must be NO violence, NO lawbreaking and NO vandalism of any kind,? the president told his supporters. ?That is not what I stand for, and it is not what America stands for. I call on ALL Americans to help ease tensions and calm tempers. Thank You.?

Michael Cohen, Trump's former personal attorney and fixer, tweeted Thursday upon news of Giuliani's reported troubles with Trump, writing: "So #Rudy...now ⁦@POTUS is refusing to pay your legal bills as he?s has [sic] mine. #SueHisAss."

Trump tells aides to never mention Nixon after comparisons
    The Hill's 12:30 Report: Trump's growing isolation as administration...
    So #Rudy...now ⁦@POTUS⁩ is refusing to pay your legal bills as he?s has mine. #SueHisAss pic.twitter.com/tvgLWgiYuL

? Michael Cohen (@MichaelCohen212) January 14, 2021

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...es-martial-law

Be Advised Mike Lindell is going to escalate shit heading into January 20th.

The MyPillow guy has some thoughts about invoking martial law.

On Friday, Mike Lindell, the CEO of bedding company MyPillow (you’ve probably seen the commercials) and an avid Donald Trump backer, went to the White House to talk to the president about some conspiracy theories. He reportedly presented Trump and his team with six pages of notes with unfounded claims that China and other countries stole the election from him along with a litany of other strange theories.

Washington Post photographer Jabin Botsford captured some images of Lindell and his papers, which appeared to suggest the president was considering invoking the Insurrection Act, a law that lets the president deploy military and National Guard troops to the streets and the use of “martial law if necessary.”
    Lindell told the New York Times after the meeting that the notes were given to him by a lawyer he wouldn’t identify. He told Times reporter Maggie Haberman that it’s someone he’s been working with to prove Trump really won the election and that some of the information was tied to reports Trump couldn’t see otherwise because he’s been banned from Twitter.

But it seems the White House wasn’t picking up what Lindell was putting down: He got only a few minutes with the president and was otherwise given the runaround. He told the Daily Beast that Trump asked for him to be taken to a different room to show his findings to “the lawyers ” but that after a couple of hours of waiting “the lawyers” were uninterested in his claims. He didn’t even get to say goodbye to Trump. “Maybe [Trump] got busy, I don’t know,” he told the Daily Beast.

Most of corporate America has abandoned Trump in the wake of the Capitol riots on January 6 that left five people dead — riots incited, in part, by the president’s own rhetoric casting doubt on the 2020 presidential election and his encouragement that his supporters fight back. But Mike Lindell is not giving up on Trump. Unfortunately for Mike, it seems Trump might be giving up on him, or, at least on Friday, the president’s team wasn’t in the mood for his antics.

Lindell’s presence in the White House on Friday also says something about Trump’s final days in office: Many of his aides and advisers have abandoned him, and it’s a lot of his die-hard supporters — ones who aren’t exactly bringing their A-game — who are left.

Who the MyPillow guy even is
    Lindell is the founder and CEO of MyPillow, a company that, as the name suggests, makes and sells pillows. His shtick is that he guarantees it will be “The Most Comfortable Pillow You’ll Ever Own.” The company also makes other products — sheets, blankets, towels, dog beds, etc.

But Lindell is into more than pillows. He is also very into Donald Trump.

He has become a fixture in Trumpland — he co-chaired Trump’s reelection campaign in Minnesota, gave Trump ad advice, and, since November, has funded some of the weirder election challenges brought about by lawyers Sidney Powell and Lin Wood. The protesters who stormed the Capitol were Trump supporters, but Lindell has been among those insisting that they were secretly “antifa” activists posing as MAGA devotees. Over the summer, he also claimed to have found a cure for Covid-19 — a cure that was potentially toxic and is not safe to ingest.

Meredith Haggerty at the Goods has an explainer on Lindell and his path from drug addiction to businessman to a Christian, as he recounts in his self-published memoir, What Are the Odds? It also lays out how he found Donald Trump (it involves a premonition) and why the Trump-Lindell combo makes sense:

His relationship with Trump makes sense for Lindell — if ever a man was going to increase his platform it would be by aligning himself with a kindred spirit pitchman, a man with whom he shares a checkered past and evangelical overtures. In this way, it makes sense for Trump as well; Lindell has the religious bona fides.

By his own writing, Lindell, who is 59, only became interested in politics in 2015. Trumpism is the main animating political philosophy in his life; Trump is the be-all and end-all of his interest in politics, which is not uncommon among the president’s staunchest supporters.

Trump has reportedly urged Lindell to run for Minnesota governor.

Why Mike Lindell was at the White House
    Many of the election conspiracies floated about the election are confusing, including the ones Lindell brought to the White House this week.

The Daily Beast gets into many of the details of Lindell’s documents, which suggested that China and other countries engaged in hacking operations to hand Joe Biden the presidency. He claims they’re “all over the internet,” but also big tech companies are keeping them hidden. He also showed the president an article from a conspiracy theory website about China and the election that somehow also has to do with Russian cybersecurity CEO Eugene Kaspersky, Chinese telecom Huawei, and Amazon, among others.

The images of Lindell’s papers also appear to have a suggestion that Kash Patel, the chief of staff to the Defense Department, be made acting director of the CIA. That would mean Patel, a Trump loyalist, would replace CIA Director Gina Haspel, who Trump has reportedly wanted to fire off and on.

Trump apparently gave Lindell a few minutes and then sort of offloaded him onto others in the White House. According to the Times, two of the people he was offloaded to — national security adviser Robert O’Brien and White House counsel Pat Cipollone — were among those Lindell’s documents suggested firing.

Lindell told Haberman that the papers he was photographed holding that say “martial law” didn’t say “martial law.” He appears to have become quite frustrated with the ordeal. The Times reported that Lindell got “loud” while having to wait in the lobby of the West Wing and was a little mean to Cipollone’s assistant.

“They tried to deny it, saying, ‘We don’t think it’s relevant,’ and I said, ‘Don’t try to discredit it,’” Lindell told the Daily Beast. “They said they would ‘look into it and get back to you.’ And I told them I just want them to know the truth. … How horrible is it that we are about to have an illegitimate president? People on the left and right should want to know the truth.”

Of all the ways to spend your final days in the White House, this is certainly one of them
    Maybe Mike Lindell is an okay guy. Or at the very least, he’s good at selling pillows. But he’s not exactly the top political mind in America, and he’s who Trump is left with in the end.

Trump still has plenty of support within the Republican Party, but it’s quite a bit below what it used to be, at least for now. Inciting a violent riot and being impeached two times has not been great for the Trump brand, political, business, or otherwise. But Trump did have a point when he joked that he could shoot someone on Fifth Avenue and keep support — guys like Mike Lindell aren’t going anywhere. Even if, as appears to have been the case on Friday, Trump isn’t in the mood to entertain them much.

Lindell is an avatar for Trump’s most diehard supporters, the people who prioritize him over pretty much anything else, at least in politics. Like a lot of those supporters, he believes — or at least he says he believes — a litany of internet-fueled conspiracies about the election and the political landscape. Take a look at his Twitter feed, and you’ll see it’s filled with pro-Trump propaganda and content that’s been flagged by the website as dubious.

How long will Lindell and people like him stick around with Trump? It looks like they’re in it for the long haul — whether Trump is always into it or not.
    Just Because Trump is out of office does not mean the terrorism goes away. Its just that they get a new leader such as the MyPillow Guy. Yes its the same guy that tried to make Kool-Aid out of Oleandrin.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/15/u...west-wing.html

My Pillow should be Tried for Terrorism before he gets elected in 2022 and 2024

President Trump, isolated and watching the clock count down on his time in the White House, spent a few minutes of it on Friday with the C.E.O. of MyPillow, Mike Lindell, who brought some notes with him.

White House officials said nothing came of the roughly five-to-ten-minute meeting between Mr. Lindell and Mr. Trump, which Mr. Lindell said came after he’d been asking to get on the president’s calendar for days.

But notes that Mr. Lindell brought with him, captured by a news photographer as Mr. Lindell waited before entering the White House, sparked hours of concern on social media about what was taking place with a president who as recently as Friday insisted to White House officials that he had won an election that he lost.

In photographs captured by Jabin Botsford, a photographer for The Washington Post, Mr. Lindell held notes in his hand as he stood outside the doorway to the West Wing lobby mid-afternoon on Friday. The notes included a mention of Sidney Powell, the lawyer and conspiracy theorist whom Mr. Trump at one point wanted to offer a job in the White House.

They were only partially visible, but there was also a suggestion about invoking the Insurrection Act, by which a president can deploy active military troops into the streets, and “martial law if necessary.” One line appeared to suggest moving Kash Patel, currently the Department of Defense chief of staff and a Trump loyalist, as “C.I.A. Acting,” which seemed to indicate the top job.

White House press aides were caught off guard by the photos as they circulated on Twitter, and said they had no idea what had transpired.
    Reached by phone, Mr. Lindell said that he was carrying notes supplied to him by a lawyer he was working with to try to prove that Mr. Trump was the true winner of the 2020 election. He would not identify the lawyer.
    “The attorney said, can you bring these to him,” Mr. Lindell said. ”It was stuff to help the American people.”

Mr. Lindell said that he was seated next to an administration official, who another official later identified as Robert C. O’Brien, the national security adviser. Mr. Trump ended the brief meeting by directing Mr. Lindell to go upstairs to the office of White House counsel Pat A. Cipollone. Mr. Lindell said he showed them material but was sent back downstairs to wait awhile longer.

Officials seemed “disinterested” in what he had to say, Mr. Lindell said.

A second administration official said that Mr. O’Brien was called to the meeting after Mr. Lindell arrived, because advisers in search of someone who could steer Mr. Lindell away couldn’t immediately reach Mr. Cipollone. Among the items on Mr. Lindell’s list was replacing Mr. O’Brien. The national security adviser, seeking to end the conversation, said if there was evidence of what he was saying it should go to the White House counsel, and he steered him upstairs.

Mr. Lindell maintained that the notes he had did not contain the words “martial law,” although the photograph showed it to be the case. He said the “fake news” was stirring it up. An administration official said that the blacked-out part of Mr. Lindell’s notes could be seen when looked at closely, and that they referenced firing Mr. Cipollone. The official said that Mr. Lindell got “loud” while waiting in the West Wing lobby.

Mr. Lindell has been one of the few supporters of Mr. Trump from corporate America who has stayed with him after the riot by Trump supporters at the Capitol complex on Jan. 6, which left five people dead and included chants calling for the death of Vice President Mike Pence. Mr. Lindell appeared on Newsmax, the conservative cable network, the day of the riot and pushed the now-debunked claim that “antifa” protesters had masqueraded as Trump backers in order to cause damage.

And even after President-elect Joseph R. Biden Jr.’s victory was certified, Mr. Lindell continued to insist that Mr. Trump will be inaugurated for a second term next week.

There was no move to fire Gina Haspel, the director of the C.I.A., on Friday or have Mr. Patel arrive at the C.I.A. headquarters to take over, according to people familiar with the matter. And Washington has already become a militarized fortress ahead of Mr. Biden’s inauguration, in order to clamp down on threats of new violence being planned for the day of the ceremony.

But Mr. Lindell’s ability to walk into the Oval Office and meet with Mr. Trump underscored the type of conspiracy theorists who still appeal to Mr. Trump, so long as they are saying what he wants to hear. It is unclear whether Mr. Lindell wrote the notes or if he was passing along someone else’s thoughts.

Mr. Trump has at times considered Ms. Powell too conspiratorial, as she has touted falsehoods about a global conspiracy to rig the 2020 election. At other times, he has welcomed her input.

Right-wing journalists have resumed demands for the declassification and release of documents related to the 2016 election, including material created by Republicans on the House Intelligence Committee, where Mr. Patel used to work.

Ms. Haspel has opposed the release of those documents. However both Mr. Trump and John Ratcliffe, the director of national intelligence, have the authority to declassify the documents, and the White House would not need to force out Ms. Haspel to make the material public.

If Mike Lindell of MyPillow removed his mustache he'd look like Jim Jones. His persona is Jim Jones here.

You This is the reason why State Capitals and DC are forced to send the National Guard its because of shit like this.

https://fox40.com/news/local-news/sa...uguration-day/

A joint statement was released Tuesday by California Highway Patrol Commissioner Amanda Ray, Office of Emergency Services and Homeland Security Advisor Mark Ghilarducci and California National Guard Adjutant Gen. David Baldwin:

Our collective agencies are working closely together and remain vigilant to respond to potential threats that may occur anywhere in the state, including the Capitol. Collectively, we maintain strong relationships with our security and intelligence partners at the local, state, and federal levels and are continually monitoring and sharing information about possible emerging threats to the state.

Together, our role is to safeguard lives and property and ensure that California remains a safe place for those who live, work, and travel within the state while ensuring the ability of individuals and groups to lawfully exercise their First Amendment rights.

Original story below:

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (KTXL) — Local law enforcement agencies are stepping up their efforts to protect the California Capitol and surrounding area leading up to Inauguration Day.

The preparation comes as the FBI warns of planned, armed protests at all 50 state capitals and Washington, D.C.

“What we saw in Washington, D.C., is just a much bigger, worse version of what we’ve been seeing in Sacramento for two months straight now,” Sacramento Police Chief Daniel Hahn told FOX40.

Hahn said he was alarmed but not all that surprised by the riots in the nation’s Capitol last week.

“It’s always a concern when you see it go as far as it did in D.C. but it’s also a concern because that’s exactly what we’ve seen here, just not to that scale,” Hahn explained. “Not that many people and they weren’t able to get into the Capitol like they were there but those same groups, that same ideology, that same effort was here.”

For the past several weeks, Hahn has sent around 200 officers to the California Capitol every Saturday where there have been weekly demonstrations staged by President Donald Trump supporters contesting the 2020 presidential election results.

Those demonstrators were met by counter-protesters, which led to several clashes between the groups and police, with some turning violent.

“Our officers have been working a lot,” Hahn explained. “A lot of officers across this country have been getting their days off canceled, long hours, in extreme situations where they’re being yelled at, cussed at, thrown at, injured.”

With nine days until Inauguration Day, Hahn is preparing his officers for more unrest.

“We’re staffing up,” Hahn said. “Other agencies are staffing up.”

Hahn said the Inauguration Day protests could be more dangerous than previous demonstrations.

“This week and next week is presenting probably even larger concern than we’ve had in the recent past. Along the same lines in terms of the inauguration coming up and some of the rhetoric that we hear of people’s plans,” Hahn said.

But no matter what happens, Hahn said officers will be standing ready to protect both people and property.

“I can guarantee you this: The officers of the Sacramento Police Department will be there, just like they’ve been there every weekend,” Hahn said. “And our fellow agencies will be there. Whether it’s Highway Patrol or other agencies in our region, we’ll be there to protect our Capitol and protect our community the best way we possibly can.”

Gov. Gavin Newsom announced Monday that the State Capitol already has a heightened level of security and he will decide whether or not to activate the National Guard when the moment calls for it.

FOX40 reached out to the California Highway Patrol, which monitors activity on Capitol grounds. CHP officials responded in part:

CHP Officers are always vigilant for potential threats that may occur at the State Capitol. We have personnel ready to respond to protect state property and ensure public safety as necessary. The CHP closely coordinates with allied agencies like the Sacramento Police Department and Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department where jurisdictional boundaries meet or if mutual aid is requested.

Here we go again but I agree though

https://ktla.com/news/nationworld/st...rmed-protests/

The threat of extremist groups descending on statehouses across the country in demonstrations Sunday prompted governors to roll out a massive show of force and ramp up security, less than two weeks after a mob overran the nation’s Capitol.

Fencing, boarded-up windows and lines of police and National Guard troops have transformed statehouse grounds ahead of expected demonstrations leading up to President-elect Joe Biden’s inauguration on Wednesday.

The stepped-up security measures were intended to safeguard seats of government from the type of violence that occurred at the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, when a mob supporting President Donald Trump swarmed the building while Congress was certifying the Electoral College vote.

The FBI has warned of the potential for armed protests at the nation’s Capitol and all 50 state capitol buildings beginning this weekend. Some social media messages had targeted Sunday for demonstrations, though it remained unclear how many people might show up.

Security in Washington, D.C., has intensified ahead of the inauguration. Tall fencing surrounds the U.S. Capitol, the National Mall is closed to the general public, and the District of Columbia’s mayor asked people not to visit. Some 25,000 National Guard troops from around the country were due in the city by early in the week. On Sunday, National Guard troops who have already arrived were stationed outside the Capitol with officers from the Customs and Border Protection as well as other federal police.

In the states, some authorities said they had no specific indication that demonstrations would occur, much less turn violent. Yet many state officials vowed to be prepared, just in case. They said they did not want a repeat of the mob’s assault on the Capitol, which left a Capitol Police officer and four others dead. Dozens of other officers were injured.

FBI Los Angeles: No known threats as officials ramp up safety efforts ahead of Inauguration Day
    Man with ‘unauthorized’ inauguration credential, more than 500 rounds of ammunition arrested at D.C. checkpoint: Officials
    State capitols from Sacramento to Atlanta fenced off, patrolled by troops ahead of protests planned Sunday
    More than a third of governors had called out the National Guard to help protect their state capitols and aid local law enforcement officers. Several governors issued states of emergency, and others closed their capitols to the public until after Biden’s inauguration day.

Some state legislatures also canceled sessions or pared back their work for the coming week, citing security precautions. Texas is among the states closing their capitol grounds through the inauguration.

“The Texas Department of Public Safety is aware of armed protests planned at the Texas State Capitol this week and violent extremists who may seek to exploit constitutionally protected events to conduct criminal acts,” said Steve McCraw, the agency’s director.

More than 100 troopers in riot gear were stationed outside the Capitol in Austin earlier this week as lawmakers began a new legislative session. In Richmond, Virginia police braced for possible demonstrations early Sunday, with security fencing erected around the Statehouse.

Even before the violence at the U.S. Capitol, some statehouses had been the target of vandals and angry protesters during the past year.

Last spring, armed protesters entered the Michigan Capitol to object to coronavirus-related lockdowns and were confronted by police. People angered over the death of George Floyd, who died after a Minneapolis police officer pressed a knee into his neck for several minutes, vandalized capitols in several states, including Colorado, Ohio, Texas and Wisconsin.

And just last month, crowds in Oregon forced their way into the state Capitol in Salem to protest its closure to the public during a special legislative session on coronavirus measures.

Anticipating the potential for violence in the coming week, the building’s first floor windows were boarded up and the National Guard has been deployed. The Legislature was scheduled to begin its 2021 session on Tuesday, but much of its initial work has been delayed for at least two days because of warnings about potential violence.

’The state Capitol has become a fortress,” said Oregon Senate President Peter Courtney, a Democrat. “I never thought I’d see that; it breaks my heart.”

I just have a really bad feeling about this inauguration. Biden needs to make this the 'JP marriage at the court house" kind of inauguration. I know it will be a little disappointing for him compared to past inaugurations, but at least he will be alive.

I just have a really bad feeling about this inauguration. Biden needs to make this the 'JP marriage at the court house" kind of inauguration. I know it will be a little disappointing for him compared to past inaugurations, but at least he will be alive.
    This. When Obama was elected I was fairly sure he'd be assassinated by one or many of these crazies. Thank doG I was wrong, but I've got that old, bad feeling again. But, there are many reasons to have a very low key "Zoom" style inauguration, hit the ground running and save the country from it's self. Joe understands it's not about him. It's about getting the actual "best people" in place and handing them a bucket and a mop and letting them get to work...

Thread Information