View Poll Results: Who's gonna win the election?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Biden

7 77.78%
  • Trump

0 0%
  • Biden, but Trump will legally steal it from him

1 11.11%
  • Pelosi, because it will go into legal proceedings until after the inauguaration

1 11.11%
Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 LastLast

Thread: Election 2020-get your popcorn ready!

Mitt Romney to face a censure over voting impeachment against Trump.

https://www.deseret.com/utah/2021/2/...mp-impeachment

. Some Utah Republicans are looking to censure Sen. Mitt Romney for voting to convict former President Donald Trump of inciting an insurrection at the U.S. Capitol in his second impeachment trial.

A Google doc petition circulating on social media says Romney failed to ?represent the average conservative Utah Republican voter? and that he has put his ?personal and political vendetta? against Trump ahead of the Constitution and the GOP platform.

Romney was one of seven Republicans to join all 50 Democrats who voted Saturday to convict Trump after a weeklong Senate trial. Trump was acquitted on a 57-43 vote. Conviction requires a two-thirds majority, or 67 votes.

All seven GOP senators are facing backlash from Republicans in their home states, just as Romney did when he was the only Republican to vote to remove Trump from office in his first impeachment trial.

Romney ?embarrassed? Utah with that vote in 2020, according to the petition cited by various news outlets.

The petition, which appears to have hundreds of signers, does not say who is behind the censure.

The Utah GOP issued a statement Monday saying both Utah senators have been criticized for their votes. Sen. Mike Lee, R-Utah, voted to acquit Trump and argued that it?s unconstitutional to try a former president in an impeachment trial.

?The differences between our own Utah Republicans showcase a diversity of thought, in contrast to the danger of a party fixated on ?unanimity of thought,?? according to the statement. ?There is power in our differences as a political party, and we look forward to each senator explaining their votes to the people of Utah.?

Rep. Blake Moore, R-Utah, said the GOP statement shows the right way to support elected leaders with differing perspectives. He voted against impeaching Trump in January.

?The term ?diversity of thought? is a great way to capture what the GOP needs to win hearts and minds in future elections with aspirational, pro-growth, and inclusive policies,? he tweeted.

As I expected, Utah shows the proper way to support elected leaders with differing perspectives. The term ?diversity of thought? is a great way to capture what the GOP needs to win hearts and minds in future elections with aspirational, pro-growth, and inclusive policies. #utpol https://t.co/8mvWHInnqX

? Blake Moore (UT-01) (@ElectBlakeMoore) February 15, 2021
    Romney said after the Senate vote that Trump tried to corrupt the election by pressuring the Georgia secretary of state to falsify the election results and incited the insurrection against Congress during the counting of electoral votes. The former president also violated his oath of office by failing to protect the Capitol, the vice president and others in the Capitol.

Lee said House managers failed to prove the Senate should impeach Trump and also failed to prove that Trump was responsible for inciting an insurrection. Lee said he doesn?t condone Trump?s ?actions and omissions? on Jan. 6, but the word ?incitement? has a very specific meaning in the law and his words and actions fell short of that standard.

The Utah GOP statement said disagreement is natural and healthy in a party that is based on principles ? not on persona.

?As 2021 begins, we look neither to the past, nor to be punitive,? according to the statement.

The petition condemns Romney for voting to continue the ?unconstitutional impeachment trial? and to allow witnesses after House managers had previously declined to call witnesses before the House impeachment vote.

The document says Utah Republican Party leadership has failed to issue a censure, so ?be it resolved the undersigned voters, censure Sen. Willard Mitt Romney.?

The other Republican senators who voted to convict Trump have been censured or face formal censure or condemnation from party leaders in their states.

In 2020, state GOP lawmakers filed a censure resolution aimed at Romney and a bill that would give Utah voters the ability to recall their U.S. senators. After a closed-door meeting, Utah House Republicans scrapped both measures in favor of a citation thanking Trump ?for all the great things he?s done for the state of Utah.

https://news.yahoo.com/dominion-says...222015722.html

Mike Lindell sued for his rants in relation to Dominion

. MAGA diehard and pillow magnate Mike Lindell is the next target of a Dominion Voting Systems lawsuit over his wild claims about nonexistent election-fraud conspiracy, with the lead attorney representing Dominion telling The Daily Beast he expects to file the suit “imminently.”

Lindell, a staunch Donald Trump ally and founder of the MyPillow company, became a prominent voice and financial backer in attempts to overturn the 2020 presidential election and, alongside Trumpist attorneys Lin Wood and Sidney Powell, made a series of false allegations that China and others somehow hacked voting machines and swung the 2020 election to Joe Biden.

He has doubled down and tripled down. He has made himself a higher public profile with his documentary,” Tom Clare, an attorney representing Dominion, told The Daily Beast on Tuesday afternoon. Clare confirmed in a brief phone call that Dominion would be filing suit against Lindell “imminently.”

The suit would make Lindell the third pro-Trump figure sued by Dominion after the company filed $1.3 billion suits against attorneys Sidney Powell and Rudy Giuliani.

When reached for comment on Tuesday, Lindell was, characteristically, defiant. “That would so make my day because then they would have to go into discovery, and that would make my job a lot easier,” he said in a phone interview. “It’ll be faster for me to get to the evidence, and to show the people in the public record the evidence we have about these machines… I will not stop until every single person on the planet knows, whether you’re a Democrat or a Republican, what these machines did to us.”

”These machines need to be removed, and [these people] brought to justice for what they did to our country in these attacks,” he continued. “If they sue me, I would be so happy.”

Dominion sent letters to Lindell in December and January demanding that he retract false claims that the company’s software stole "millions of votes from” then-President Donald Trump and inaccurately tallied votes in the key battleground states of Georgia and Arizona.

Despite the legal threats, Lindell has continued undaunted in his pursuit of election conspiracy theories. Shortly after he received a letter from Dominion attorneys in January, he met with then-President Trump at the White House. In an interview with The Daily Beast afterward, Lindell said he presented Trump with an article from a conspiracy-theory website that claimed that China and other nations had hacked election machines in the Trump-Biden presidential contest.

Lindell also put out Absolute Proof, a two-hour documentary broadcast on the pro-Trump OAN channel, summarizing various conspiracy theories and allegations against Dominion and others. The movie falsely claims that the 2020 election witnessed the “biggest cyberattack in history” carried out by China and other countries to oust Trump.

Lindell’s persistence in spinning wild conspiracy theories has already cost him as retailers drop his products and even some pro-Trump media outlets eye him warily in the face of legal threats.

An anchor for the MAGA-friendly channel Newsmax nearly shouted Lindell down during an early February appearance and asked a producer to cut short the segment when Lindell began to spout allegations about Dominion. Weeks before Lindell’s appearance, the network issued a “clarification” on its coverage of the voting systems company and the 2020 election after Dominion attorneys demanded the network retract conspiracy claims made about its products.

Major retailers like Bed, Bath & Beyond and Wayfair have dropped Lindell’s MyPillow products after public outcry over the founder’s attempts to overturn the election. Left-wing activists like David Hogg have also launched rival pillow products in an attempt to cut into MyPillow’s business.

On Tuesday afternoon, Lindell added that he still doesn’t believe Dominion will, ultimately, actually go through with litigation, and said he hasn’t been formally served with the lawsuit yet. “I’ve lost 22 retailers already. I am concerned about my employees, but I won’t have a company or a country anyway, if we back down and let this happen again,” the MyPillow CEO insisted.

The new lawsuit could also coincide with yet another piece of Lindell-led agitprop regarding the election tech at the heart of the case. The Trump ally said that “today or tomorrow morning” he would release yet another video on the subject. “It’s a hundred-percent evidence, no experts interviewed whatsoever. Just the hardcore evidence,” he said. “We just want to get it out there and show why we need to get rid of these machines for any future elections in the United States and the world. Both for Dominion and Smartmatic, I don’t pick on just one of them.”

JL, you posted about this lawsuit one page over. You have to stop or you're going to get permanently banned. Stop posting multiple stories saying the same thing over and over.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    JL, you posted about this lawsuit one page over. You have to stop or you're going to get permanently banned. Stop posting multiple stories saying the same thing over and over.
    This is a new suit though. It's from Dominion.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnLanders View Post
    This is a new suit though. It's from Dominion.
    it's not new. You posted about the Dominion lawsuit in post 817. Everyone is sick and tired of hearing about mypillowidiot, so unless he gets elected, loses the lawsuit or dies, he's not post worthy.. Got it?

And one day, it will all just go away.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Say it with me folks! -D-E-L-U-S-I-O-N-A-L!

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

So republicans were right, there was voter fraud! Just not on the side they claimed.

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    So republicans were right, there was voter fraud! Just not on the side they claimed.
    Absolutely! They wanted to cheat but to also tear someone else down for what THEY were doing. Typical Trump move.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    SHOCKED! I'M SHOCKED, I TELL YOU!

His entire presidency was a fraud. He didn't win in 2016 either.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

These people are legitimately mentally ill. I don't like this ride anymore so I'm getting off.

lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.

Let's hope he gets in.....

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Let's hope he gets in.....
    Not holding my breath, but at least the D's are getting up off the floor for once.

Here's one of Jamie Smith's (much better chance of winning, I think, but one can only hope!) https://twitter.com/i/status/1552314501466406915

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    Not holding my breath, but at least the D's are getting up off the floor for once.

Here's one of Jamie Smith's (much better chance of winning, I think, but one can only hope!) https://twitter.com/i/status/1552314501466406915
    Honestly, I'm blaming the Democrats just as much as the Republicans right now for the state of the country. They had ample time over the past decades to get shit done and they didn't. They have the ability even now to expand the Supreme Court and install some logical justices on there and they don't seem to be doing that either. They either need to play dirty like the GOP or they're basically just handing everything to them. I'm tired of it.

ETA: That's not to say that I'm voting any other way at the moment. Just that I've never been happy with this two party system we've had in place and I'm even more pissed off about it now. SHOW ME, DON'T TELL ME. I have a theory that the Dems are purposefully not making the big moves because they're encouraging a complete meltdown of the country. Everything burns to the ground and then they can claim that the entire time they kept their etiquette so should remain in charge for decades to come. They want the GOP to implode so that they no longer have the competition. All of this at the detriment of the citizens. So I'm definitely not happy with them right now.

GROW SOME BALLS.
    Last edited by Boston Babe 73; 08-18-2022 at 01:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Honestly, I'm blaming the Democrats just as much as the Republicans right now for the state of the country. They had ample time over the past decades to get shit done and they didn't. They have the ability even now to expand the Supreme Court and install some logical justices on there and they don't seem to be doing that either. They either need to play dirty like the GOP or they're basically just handing everything to them. I'm tired of it.

ETA: That's not to say that I'm voting any other way at the moment. Just that I've never been happy with this two party system we've had in place and I'm even more pissed off about it now. SHOW ME, DON'T TELL ME. I have a theory that the Dems are purposefully not making the big moves because they're encouraging a complete meltdown of the country. Everything burns to the ground and then they can claim that the entire time they kept their etiquette so should remain in charge for decades to come. They want the GOP to implode so that they no longer have the competition. All of this at the detriment of the citizens. So I'm definitely not happy with them right now.

GROW SOME BALLS.
    Playing dirty isn't the answer. That's like fighting racism with racism. That doesn't work and everyone just ends up covered in shit. When could the democrats have done something? The 4 weeks when Obama had a majority? Change the Supreme Court so that they can turn around and pack it with even more religious fuckwads? That's not the answer either. What democrats do today, Republicans will do tomorrow. Just because they are classless, racist cretins doesn't mean that democrats should stoop to that level. It would turn off voters. Some people vote democratic because they aren't cheating at elections (openly lol I'm from Chicago and I remember Daley), and acting as liberal dictators. I don't want a liberal Trump or a liberal party that acts like the republican party, because I find manipulating the feelings of poor white people to be very wrong.

Just like I find people who complain about Manchin strange. He's voted with Biden more than some of your favorite congressman and senators. He's willing to compromise, which allows things to be done. I think that democrats should keep governing, while the Republicans keep fear mongering, and becoming more racist by the day. The more extreme they become the more people hopefully that they push away and inspire to vote.

Trump was so racist and bad, that my cousin who passed away had never voted in his life, registered to vote for the first time for Biden and Harris. He died before Biden nominated the first Black woman to the Supreme Court, but he was alive when he said that he would do it. I remember him asking me if I thought that he would keep his promise. I think that he would have been proud of his first vote. I know that the majority of y'all aren't liking the Biden administration, but honey, we love it. We love all of the work that they're doing, and finally, after over 200 years a Black woman sits on the Supreme Court. I just hope that she doesn't sit next to Clarence. Ewww

Quote Originally Posted by Queenatoo View Post
    Playing dirty isn't the answer. That's like fighting racism with racism. That doesn't work and everyone just ends up covered in shit. When could the democrats have done something? The 4 weeks when Obama had a majority? Change the Supreme Court so that they can turn around and pack it with even more religious fuckwads? That's not the answer either. What democrats do today, Republicans will do tomorrow. Just because they are classless, racist cretins doesn't mean that democrats should stoop to that level. It would turn off voters. Some people vote democratic because they aren't cheating at elections (openly lol I'm from Chicago and I remember Daley), and acting as liberal dictators. I don't want a liberal Trump or a liberal party that acts like the republican party, because I find manipulating the feelings of poor white people to be very wrong.

Just like I find people who complain about Manchin strange. He's voted with Biden more than some of your favorite congressman and senators. He's willing to compromise, which allows things to be done. I think that democrats should keep governing, while the Republicans keep fear mongering, and becoming more racist by the day. The more extreme they become the more people hopefully that they push away and inspire to vote.

Trump was so racist and bad, that my cousin who passed away had never voted in his life, registered to vote for the first time for Biden and Harris. He died before Biden nominated the first Black woman to the Supreme Court, but he was alive when he said that he would do it. I remember him asking me if I thought that he would keep his promise. I think that he would have been proud of his first vote. I know that the majority of y'all aren't liking the Biden administration, but honey, we love it. We love all of the work that they're doing, and finally, after over 200 years a Black woman sits on the Supreme Court. I just hope that she doesn't sit next to Clarence. Ewww
    Same with me! That was the first time I voted, because that's how horrible trump was/is.

I'm sorry about your cousin. I am glad he got to see trump defeated before he passed.

And the Dems hold the senate! Warnock will be 51st if he wins his runoff. Now for the house.

South Dakota, as always is as red as a ketchup stain on the wall, but... hey we passed the Obamacare expansions so, that's a win too.

And the Dems hold the senate! Warnock will be 51st if he wins his runoff. Now for the house.

South Dakota, as always is as red as a ketchup stain on the wall, but... hey we passed the Obamacare expansions so, that's a win too.

We love to hear it.

It would be great to win the house, but it's very unlikely. The good news is that McCarthy isn't likely to be voted speaker either though.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Not sure this is the appropriate thread or not...did you see this nonsense?

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...161804314.html

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post

FFS. He's going to do anything he can to rake in the money from his moron supporters while he can. I don't understand why people can be this stupid. He'll make a killing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post

This is so stupid and shows his immaturity. What kind of former president does this? Oh, the same one who has his cult supporters tout flags with HIS name instead of the American flag. Because, he is all about him and not this country.

What a joke.

Thread Information