View Poll Results: Who's gonna win the election?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Biden

7 77.78%
  • Trump

0 0%
  • Biden, but Trump will legally steal it from him

1 11.11%
  • Pelosi, because it will go into legal proceedings until after the inauguaration

1 11.11%
Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast

Thread: Election 2020-get your popcorn ready!

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    I just have a really bad feeling about this inauguration. Biden needs to make this the 'JP marriage at the court house" kind of inauguration. I know it will be a little disappointing for him compared to past inaugurations, but at least he will be alive.
    That's what I'm saying. Biden needs to only have the people that will make this swearing in official. He can televise it for everyone that wants to watch. We don't need Lady Gaga or J. Ho.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

Oh and my husband has an uncle that's works behind the scenes for CNN. He used to be a cameraman, but now, I think he's the one that makes sure the camera feed works properly when it's being transmitted to all of our tvs.
    He bought riot gear.
    He's going to be at the inaguration and he bought riot gear.
    I hope he's just being overly cautious.

I just have a really bad feeling about this inauguration. Biden needs to make this the 'JP marriage at the court house" kind of inauguration. I know it will be a little disappointing for him compared to past inaugurations, but at least he will be alive.
    Same here

Here is a person to look at a person who escaped White Supremacy. He is a former member that is now fighting against the very people he once supported. I guess it takes a certain person to find a strategy on how to escape a cult like the White Supremacy/Trump Cult and hard for others to blow the whistle they once supported.

If one is really looking for reconciliation that would have to wait either after Biden reaches office or the Trump's are long gone and in Prison or after Trump's heirs are gone.

https://fox40.com/news/protesters-ga...ndment-rights/

AUSTIN (KXAN) — Groups of pro-Trump protesters were greeted by armed patrols outside of the Texas State Capitol on Saturday and Sunday afternoon.

The group Saturday remained small and the Sunday event drew more people, but a Texas Department of Public Safety spokesperson said the protests have remained peaceful.

Groups present on Sunday who spoke to KXAN said they came to Austin from different parts of the state and planned the Jan. 17 protest in October — before the election happened — as a rally to express support for First and Second Amendment rights.

The gathering comes as all 50 state capitols are being watched for possible unrest leading up to the Inauguration of President-elect Joe Biden and Vice President-elect Kamala Harris.

The possibility of violence comes off the heels of the U.S. Capitol riots in Washington, D.C., on Jan. 6 — widely considered to be incited by President Donald Trump.

On Friday, the Texas Department of Public Safety announced the Capitol would close through Wednesday, after the Inauguration.

Texas DPS says it will have extra personnel and resources at the Capitol and is working with the FBI and the Austin Police Department in monitoring events.

The Capitol was closed after armed protesters showed up on Tuesday as state lawmakers returned for the first day of the legislative session.

Markie Martin, a NewsNation correspondent, reported receiving a courtesy letter from her hotel in downtown Austin on Saturday morning. The letter warned guests to “use caution when leaving the hotel and regularly check the local news and official city sources.”

Meanwhile, KXAN reporter Alyssa Goard is at the Texas Capitol on Sunday, where she reports seeing a few armed protesters, some wearing patches associated with the Boogaloo group — who the Anti Defamation League describes as an anti-government extremist group.

Many demonstrators wanted to make clear that they don’t agree with the insurrection at the U.S. Capitol more than a week ago.

“Unfortunately last week in Washington D.C. there were some things that happened that we absolutely disagree with, we condemned the actions of those who breached the Capitol and it seemed like, this event got lumped in or was being paralleled with what happened in D.C., that’s not the case at all,” said Kris Hunter, who was present at the Capitol Sunday. “We are mostly libertarians, we don’t care about Republican or Democratic politics.”

Hunter added that this event was part of a similar event organized at capitols across the country.
    As people from that event left, they said they don’t plan to have any other events at the Capitol in the week to come.

A DPS spokesman said no arrests had been made as of Sunday afternoon. Most protesters have cleared the area.

https://fox40.com/news/local-news/ai...t-hate-groups/

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (KTXL) — Near the State Capitol, National Guard troops are on standby for potential unrest as Inauguration Day nears.

“Hoping it’s not going to happen. I’m hoping that there will be peace,” said local resident Zhanna.

Airbnb is also hoping for the same. The company announced it would cancel any Sacramento reservations linked to hate groups ahead of Wednesday.

If we confirm that guests are associated with a violent hate group or otherwise not allowed on our platform for violating certain community policies prohibiting violence or engaging in criminal activity, we will cancel those reservations and ban them from Airbnb.

AIRBNB
    It’s a decision that Zhanna agrees with.

“It’s a good idea. If it’s expected that there will be some heat then I hope everyone will be down to prevent it,” Zhanna told FOX40.

Colleen Adams, another local resident, agrees with Airbnb’s stance.

“Of course. Cancel the reservations that are booked for hate groups. Yeah, absolutely,” Adams said.

It is not known if any reservations have been canceled yet in Sacramento, but Airbnb says it has canceled reservations and removed accounts belonging to confirmed Proud Boys, a far right group that was connected to the U.S. Capitol riot.

Airbnb says it implemented the policy back in 2017 ahead of the white supremacists rally in Charlottesville.

For Adams, she appreciates the extra measures being taken, especially by law enforcement. But she wishes the resources were uses in others areas instead.

“I think it’s sad that all of this is happening because of a few people,” Adams said.

Airbnb also announced, if appropriate, it would share information with local law enforcement.
    https://www.wavy.com/news/politics/a...-inauguration/

PORTSMOUTH, Va. (WAVY) — Amtrak is issuing a travel advisory in Washington D.C. ahead of the Presidential Inauguration.

Amtrak will continue to operate service as scheduled, except for some services in Virginia.

There will be no Northeast Regional service south of Washington D.C., including all Virginia stations on Tuesday and Wednesday, Jan. 19 and 20. The Carolinian will only operate between Raleigh and Charlotte.

Amtrak says they are taking extra steps to ensure the safety of employees and customers in Washington and across the nation after the violent attacks on the U.S. Capitol.

Detours, as well as pedestrian and traffic patterns, have been put in place around Washington Union Station, which will require more time for people to get to the station.

For vehicle traffic patterns around Washington Union Station, click here.

For more information regarding Metro service plans and station closures during the inauguration, click here.

“After last week’s violent attack on the U.S. Capitol, we are taking extra steps to continue ensuring the safety of our employees and customers in Washington DC and across our network as we prepare for the Inauguration,” Amtrak officials said.

In addition to limiting ticket sales and requiring masks to be worn at all times, officials are increasing police enforcement to ensure strong compliance, remove noncomplying customers and ban those that don’t follow our policies.

This includes deploying additional Amtrak Police officers onboard our trains and in our stations to support our frontline staff, and utilizing additional support from TSA and partner law enforcement agencies.

. RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — Virginians usually take to the steps of the state Capitol, the first Monday after the General Assembly comes together for its annual legislative session, to address their concerns to legislators, on what is known as Lobby Day.

The Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL), a gun-rights group, is planning to attend Lobby Day in the City of Richmond on Monday bringing four caravans from across the commonwealth with them.

The non-profit said they have caravans leaving from Fairfax, Hampton, Emporia and Staunton. VCDL brought over 20,000 people to the event last year.

‘Turn around right now and go home’: Virginia Capitol locked down ahead of Inauguration, Lobby Day
    The group is planning peaceful demonstrations near the Science Museum where the Virginia General Assembly will convene.

VCDL said you can get breaking information from the event on your smartphone by subscribing to their Twitter account.

https://www.wavy.com/news/gun-rights...-year-returns/

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...misinformation

The CEO of MyPillow, Mike Lindell, has been threatened with legal action by a voting systems company that says he has been one of the leaders of a "misinformation campaign" by baselessly claiming widespread voter fraud in the wake of the 2020 presidential election.

Dominion Voting Systems, a company targeted by President Trump and his allies, wrote to Lindell, a friend of Trump, telling the CEO that he "positioned [himself] as a prominent leader of the ongoing misinformation campaign,” according to The New York Times.

“Litigation regarding these issues is imminent,” the letter reportedly said.

Several other figures in Trump's legal orbit have been hit with similar warnings from Dominion, including conservative lawyer Sidney Powell and Rudy Giuliani, Trump's personal attorney, who have made repeated false claims about widespread electoral fraud and a "rigged" election against Trump.

Earlier this month, Dominion filed a $1.3 billion lawsuit against Powell for her claims the company rigged the election by manipulating votes.

"The recent attacks on the democratic process are not singular or isolated events," Dominion CEO John Poulos said at that time. "They are the result of a deliberate and malicious campaign of lies over many months. Sidney Powell and others created and disseminated these lies, assisted and amplified by a range of media platforms."

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

I felt we this was fitting for this thread. If you need to SCREAM, here you go - https://justscream.baby/
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/19/mypi...-products.html

Update on the leader of MyPillow being the target of a Boycott

MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell, who has repeated false claims that President Donald Trump did not lose the election, said retailers including Bed Bath & Beyond and Kohl’s are removing his company’s products from their stores.

Trump’s supporters on social media platforms are now calling for boycotts of the retailers, while other consumers are urging people to not purchase MyPillow products.

“I just got off the phone with Bed Bath & Beyond,” Lindell said during an interview Monday evening with the Right Side Broadcasting Network. “They’re dropping MyPillow.”

“Just got off the phone — not five minutes ago. Kohl’s, all these different places. ... These guys don’t understand,” he went on. “They’re scared. Like a Bed Bath & Beyond, they’re scared. They were good partners. In fact, I told them, ‘You guys come back anytime you want.’”

Representatives from Kohl’s and Bed Bath & Beyond did not immediately respond to CNBC’s requests for comment.

A search by CNBC on both of the retailer’s websites Tuesday morning still showed available MyPillow merchandise for sale. MyPillow is also still sold at J.C. Penney, Amazon, Belk and some other major retailers.

Lindell has come under fire for spreading of conspiracy theories. Last year, for example, he promoted a fake cure for Covid. More recently, he has said there was widespread voter fraud during the 2020 election.

According to report by The New York Times, officials at Dominion Voting Systems have now sent Lindell a legal letter that warns of pending litigation over his baseless claims of widespread fraud involving their machines. Lindell was not immediately available to respond to CNBC’s request for comment about the letter.

Last week, Lindell was seen visiting the White House and carrying partially obscured notes that looked to tell Trump to invoke “martial law if necessary.”

Following Lindell’s interview where he referenced Bed Bath & Beyond and Kohl’s, users on Twitter are calling for other retailers, like Walmart, to drop MyPillow as well.

The country’s largest retailer recently halted donations from its political action committee to the campaigns of congressional Republicans who opposed certifying President-elect Joe Biden’s victory.

Thats Right Mike Lindell is accused of funding Pro-Trump Terrorists.

I want to see those extremists' reactions when Trump doesn't help them out of the hole that he dug.

Is anyone watching the speech/speeches? I am work so not able to. If anyone wants to post some highlights I would be appreciative! I was able to watch a few minutes here and there but I have to keep exiting out when someone walks in lol.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

https://apnews.com/article/joe-biden...5c206c84dfe308

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — California Attorney General Xavier Becerra sued the Trump administration nine times on Tuesday, a fitting send-off from a state known for its frequent feuds with the president over the environment and health care.

Altogether, Becerra —- who is President-elect Joe Biden’s nominee to lead the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services —- has taken the Trump administration to court 122 times in four years, his office said.

The latest actions were part of an attempt to block a flurry of environmental rule changes in recent weeks, including moves Becerra said would weaken protections for migratory birds, exempt some clothes washers and dryers from energy efficiency standards, loosen regulation of greenhouse gas emissions from the oil and gas industry, and relax rules on toxic air pollutants.

We have held the Trump Administration accountable time and again for their failure to follow the rules or respect our nation’s environmental laws,” Becerra said.

Becerra took office in California four days after Trump moved into the White House in 2017. Becerra filled a vacancy after Kamala Harris was elected to the U.S. Senate and before she was elected vice president.

California quickly developed a reputation as a center of resistance against the Republican administration, much like Texas had been during the years when Democrat Barack Obama was in office.

But Becerra far outpaced his counterpart in Texas, who sued the Obama administration at least 48 times, according to an analysis by the Texas Tribune.

More than half of Becerra’s lawsuits were about public lands, natural resources and the environment. But he perhaps got the most attention in his role defending the federal Affordable Care Act after the Trump administration declined to defend the Obama-era law from a lawsuit brought by Republican-led states.

That case featured prominently in U.S. Supreme Court Justice Amy Coney Barrett’s confirmation hearings, as it was one of the first cases she heard after getting confirmed by the Republican-led U.S. Senate.

While Becerra has been eager to challenge Trump, the president seems to have hardly noticed him. Trump has had plenty of things to say about California but focused his Twitter insults on Gov. Gavin Newsom and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi. According to an exhaustive catalogue of Trump’s Twitter insults published by the New York Times on Tuesday, Becerra is never mentioned.

The Biden administration will likely try to undo many of the environmental rule changes Trump approved in his final days in office, a bureaucratic process that could take months. Becerra’s lawsuits could help speed up matters by enticing a federal judge to block the rules from ever taking effect.

“It will take time to unwind the havoc the Trump Administration has wrought. That’s why the nine lawsuits we filed today are so important,” Becerra said in a news release.

Ladies and Gentlemen - We have a new President and Vice President
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Yay!!!!

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

It’s been a long four years. I teared up a little hearing everyone refer to Biden as Mr President today.

Thank God, the orange buffon has left the office!

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Yay!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilbirdie View Post
    It’s been a long four years. I teared up a little hearing everyone refer to Biden as Mr President today.
    Thank God, the orange buffon has left the office!
    Was out on the lake today away from news sources. I was seriously worried about what would happen. So glad it went off without a hitch and President Biden is now in office!

Was out on the lake today away from news sources. I was seriously worried about what would happen. So glad it went off without a hitch and President Biden is now in office!
    Yeah I'm surprised trump didn't try anything...but there was so much security there he wouldn't have been able to.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/19/opini...nio/index.html

A goodbye letter for the anti-President
    Love this! I shared on FB.

I thought it was amazing! It's just super long, so that's why I just linked it.
    I had to post it. Seeing the crazy run rampant on FB this morning. Ugh.

Thread Information