Thread: Brazilian president says country must reduce numbers of penis amputations

Brazilian president says country must reduce numbers of penis amputations

"Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro on Thursday said his government must make men aware of the dangers of poor hygiene after expressing dismay over the 1,000 penis amputations that apparently occur in his country each year.

?In Brazil, we have 1,000 penis amputations a year due to a lack of water and soap,? he said while speaking to reporters in Brasilia after visiting the Education Ministry. ?We have to find a way to get out of the bottom of this hole.?

The far-right leader called the figure ?ridiculous and sad,? Reuters reported. A spokeswoman for the Brazilian urology society told the news agency the number is based on its official data for penis amputations.

The amputations were conducted out of necessity over untreated infections, along with complications from HIV and various cancers, she said."

https://www.foxnews.com/world/brazilian-president-says-government-must-work-with-men-to-reduce-high-numbers-of-penis-amputations.amp

Quote Originally Posted by Jumaki15 View Post
    ?In Brazil, we have 1,000 penis amputations a year due to a lack of water and soap,? he said while speaking to reporters in Brasilia after visiting the Education Ministry. ?We have to find a way to get out of the bottom of this hole.?
    Poor choice of words?

You can get cancer in your penis?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    You can get cancer in your penis?
    I think you can pretty much get cancer anywhere in your body.

lmfaooooooo.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    I think you can pretty much get cancer anywhere in your body.
    You’re probably right, I’ve just never heard of anyone having it.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    You’re probably right, I’ve just never heard of anyone having it.
    Maybe they have been too embarassed to tell the world they had dick cancer

so now ya'll made me go google penile cancer. Here's what you need to know. Just another reason to get your HPV vaccine! Compiled from WebMD/Mayo Clinic

A disease in which cancer cells form in the tissues of the penis.
    Very rare
    Fewer than 20,000 US cases per year
    Treatable by a medical professional
    Requires a medical diagnosis
    Lab tests or imaging always required
    Human papillomavirus (HPV) infection may increase the risk of penile cancer. Condom use and the HPV vaccine can help prevent infection with HPV.
    Penile cancer may begin as a blister on the foreskin, head, or shaft of the penis. It may become a wart-like growth that discharges blood or foul-smelling liquid.
    Surgery is the most common treatment for all stages of penile cancer. Other options include radiation and chemotherapy.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    so now ya'll made me go google penile cancer. Here's what you need to know. Just another reason to get your HPV vaccine! Compiled from WebMD/Mayo Clinic

No one made you do anything, you did so of your own free will. But I do feel a little better that anti-vaxxers have slightly more of a risk of weiner cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumaki15 View Post
    No one made you do anything, you did so of your own free will. But I do feel a little better that anti-vaxxers have slightly more of a risk of weiner cancer.
    What bee is in your bonnet?!

Also, anti-vaxxers deserve to have all their parts rot and fall off.

Holy shit! So their penises are literally rotting off. I had no idea that, that could actually happen even w poor hygiene.

This thread should be combined with the Denver is Gross thread. Just kidding , Denver people.

Years ago, I worked on a urology unit and had an old gentleman with penile cancer. It was deformed and looked like a cauliflower. His wife said they hadn't been intimate in years and that he had taken to dressing and undressing in the bathroom a couple years previous. She had commented that she thought his behavior was a reflection of his feelings for her and she was hurt by it. When he finally sought help for his problem, the wife realized he was hiding his deforming penis from her. It seemed really sad to me that older adults that had been married for years couldn't talk about shape shifting sex organs and evidently unable to to discuss issues like hiding nudity and lack of intimacy. He could have gotten venereal warts from sex outside of the marriage and rather than deal with the medical aspect of the problem, he chose to hide the illness as it would expose that he had cheated. It was a teaching hospital, so medical students would come in and get a medical history and practice writing up history and physical reports for pre-ops. There were also residents who came and asked the same questions. I witnessed far too many uncomfortable conversations with this couple as both referred to the penis as a wee wee and were obviously not comfortable talking about sex or his dick.

But yeah, nationwide efforts to vaccinate and sex education for high schoolers so they know to seek medical help early for warts or lesions. This problem has little to do with hygiene and more of an education problem I think.
    Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups

Thread Information