Thread: Jeanine Cammarata (37) went missing and her body was found in a storage facility

Jeanine Cammarata (37) went missing and her body was found in a storage facility

https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2019/04...island-mother/

Police said Jeanine Cammarata was last seen on Saturday night by her boyfriend when she dropped him off at his apartment on McVeigh Avenue in Heartland Village. He reported her missing Tuesday.

The 37-year-old mother of three is a teacher at P.S. 29 in Castleton Corners. Her sister told CBS2 she also worked at a local Dollar Store to make ends meet. She hasn?t shown up for either since last week.

Her worried loved ones want her safe return.

?If anybody knows where Jeanine is, please,? said her landlord, Jose Perez.

The landlord said he hasn?t seen Cammarata?s white Chevy parked outside her apartment on Cassidy Place since last week.

?She would always text me or something, she would let me know if she was going somewhere. So that?s why I just couldn?t believe that she was actually missing,? he added.
    https://abc7ny.com/strange-texts-in-...-of-3/5231116/

"She let me know Friday she was going to go pick up her children Saturday," said Elizabeth Torres, who works at the Dollar Tree.

"And that's the last anybody actually saw her," said Cammarata's best friend, Jessica Pobega. She received strange text messages from someone claiming to be Jeanine the day after she disappeared.

Jessica wrote she was calling the police. "I don't want that," came the reply. "I have the kids...I apologize. I have to do this for the children."

She also did not show up for a custody hearing in court this week.

Police also say that another friend got a text allegedly from Cammarata saying she just wanted to get away.

"But she didn't see the children this weekend so I don't know who that was and what they were covering for," said Pobega. "She's my oldest friend. My mother is distraught. Something happened. Something bad happened. And I don't know what it is and I really hope I'm wrong."

Police say they just want to hear from her for themselves so they know she is okay.

Cammarata is described as being 4'11", 120 pounds with brown eyes, blonde hair and a medium build.

Anyone with information in regard to this incident is asked to call the NYPD's Crime Stoppers Hotline at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477) or for Spanish, 1-888-57-PISTA (74782).

So she went missing sometime in between dropping off her boyfriend and picking up her kids?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

oh shit i think i know this lady, if i'm correct i worked with her father Frank for 20 years. goddamn.

https://www.silive.com/crime/2019/04...e-custody.html

Michael Cammarata, 42, of Queens, was held overnight at the 120th Precinct stationhouse in St. George, sources said.

While he is under arrest, he is not being charged at this time in connection with the disappearance of Jeanine Cammarata, 37, of New Brighton, one law enforcement source said.

An NYPD spokesman was not immediately able to confirm that or provide information on the charges.

Jeanine Cammarata was last seen Saturday night. Friends, fearing the worst, have frantically attempted to reach her by phone and social media since then.

The former couple was embroiled in ongoing divorce proceedings and a custody battle at the time of the woman’s disappearance, according to friends and law enforcement sources.

While there are no current signs of foul play, her disappearance is being investigated as “suspicious” one, a source said.

The woman was last seen at about 9 p.m. Saturday on the 200 block of McVeigh Avenue in New Springville, according to an NYPD statement.

However, Michael Cammarata’s girlfriend said the teacher showed up at their house in Queens late Saturday night before disappearing. She claims they conversed while Cammarata’s children were sleeping inside, and that was the last time she saw her. She said that Michael was also home during the conversation.

The children were staying at the house in Queens, and have remained unharmed, sources said.

Jeanine Cammarata is believed to be driving a white 2017 Chevy Cruz with a license plate number of HSK8417, according to a police spokesman and a post on the 120th Precinct Twitter feed.

The first-grade teacher at PS 29 in Castleton Corners missed a custody hearing in Family Court regarding two of her children Monday and was not at work Tuesday, sources said.

Friends received a few texts and Facebook messages within the first 24 hours she went missing indicating she was OK, though some friends question whether she really sent the messages.

“I [typed], ‘call me right now, call me right now, call me right now,’" said Jessica Pobega. “I’ve been her friend for 25 years. The minute I said, ‘I’m calling the cops,' she would’ve called me. There’s no reason to avoid me.”

A former co-worker at PS 18 in West Brighton recalled altercations between Jeanine and Michael, prior to her relocating to a new school.

“I know that at school, he would show up and he would be childish. Standing in front of the door and harassing her, and she would be crying,” he said.

“I said to him ‘dude, you can’t do that. The woman is teaching."

According to the girlfriend Jeanine “stopped by” but didn’t pick her kids up? She’s covering for her dude.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

They found her body on Staten Island

https://abc7ny.com/body-found-in-sea...-of-3/5233608/

Updated 3 minutes ago
    NEW SPRINGVILLE, Staten Island (WABC) -- A body was found early Thursday morning as police searched for a missing mother of three on Staten Island.

Jeanine Cammarata, 37, was last seen near Denker Place and McVeigh Avenue around 9 p.m. Saturday, when she left her current boyfriend's house.

The remains were found inside a storage facility in the Arden Heights section.

Police are working to identify the remains.

Jeanine's estranged husband, 42-year-old Michael Cammarata, has been in custody since Tuesday and is currently charged with assault. The charge is for allegedly hitting Jeanine in the past.

The two reportedly have a tumultuous relationship with prior domestic incident reports filed, and they are said to be in the process of divorce with an ongoing child custody battle in the court. Friends say Jeanine was terrified of Michael.

"Harassment, following her in the car," landlord Jose Perez said. "She even escalated it because she was concerned about her safety. And I mentioned it to her, I said to her, 'You better get this thing straightened out, because you don't want any problems.'...She always texted me where she's at or if something's happening to her. But she has not."

Michael Cammarata is charged with assault as the investigation continues into his wife's disappearance.

Wednesday night, detectives returned to Jeanine Cammarata's apartment in New Brighton.

Perez, her landlord and former co-worker, has known the couple for years. He last saw Jeanine two weeks ago.

"He wasn't giving her her kids, she wasn't able to see her kids, and that's when she said okay, I had enough. I'm gonna go get a lawyer, I'm gonna get divorced, and I'm gonna get custody of my kids," said Perez. "And now she's gone."

Cammarata was charged after he allegedly confessed to hitting Jeanine in the past, but detectives have not connected him to her disappearance, at least not publicly.

Eric Gansberg is representing Jeanine in the divorce.

"I've been doing this for over 35 years, nothing would surprise me," said Gansberg. "This does not sound like it's going to end well."

She did not show up to work Monday or Tuesday at PS 29 on Staten Island. She also has a second job at a Dollar Tree on Staten Island.

"She let me know Friday she was going to go pick up her children Saturday," said Elizabeth Torres, who works at the Dollar Tree.

The boyfriend called 911 Saturday and said Cammarata was gone, last seen leaving his New Springville apartment to meet her estranged husband and see their kids.

"That's the last anybody actually saw her," Cammarata's best friend Jessica Pobega said.

Authorities are looking into text messages received by Pobega from someone claiming to be Cammarata the day after she disappeared.

Jessica wrote in the texts that she was calling police.

"I don't want that," the reply read. "I have the kids...I apologize. I have to do this for the children."

Cammarata also did not show up for a custody hearing in court this week.

Police say another friend got a text allegedly from Cammarata, saying she just wanted to get away.

"She didn't see the children this weekend, so I don't know who that was and what they were covering for," Pobega said. "She's my oldest friend. My mother is distraught. Something happened. Something bad happened. And I don't know what it is, and I really hope I'm wrong."

Jeanine Cammarata is described as being 4-foot-11 and 120 pounds with brown eyes, blonde hair and a medium build.

Anyone with information in regard to this incident is asked to call the NYPD's Crime Stoppers Hotline at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477) or for Spanish, 1-888-57-PISTA (74782).

I will never understand these men. "I'm in a bitter divorce with court proceedings pending so if she suddenly goes missing I'm sure no one will suspect me at all!" Jesus Christ.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

They?ll be able to charge the gf too for lying. What a class act

https://abcnews.go.com/US/estranged-...ry?id=62201720

A body, described by Shea as "charred and unidentifiable," was discovered on Thursday at a storage facility on Staten Island. The New York City medical examiner performed an autopsy and made a positive identification Friday.

"This young woman has been positively identified as Jeanine Cammarata, with a positive identification made through dental records,” Chief Medical Examiner Dr. Barbara Sampson said in a statement.

The cause of death is pending, according to the medical examiner's office.
    https://nypost.com/2019/04/05/woman-...nths-pregnant/

The woman accused of helping her boyfriend murder his estranged wife — a Staten Island teacher — is 6-months pregnant, prosecutors revealed on Friday during their arraignment on murder charges.

Ayisha Egea, 41, who is carrying Michael Cammarata’s child, allegedly helped him murder Jeanine Cammarata, burn her body and hide it in a storage facility in Arden Heights.

The storage room was lined with air fresheners in an attempt to lessen the smell of her decaying flesh, a law enforcement source said.

The lovebirds are charged with murder, concealment of a human corpse and tampering with evidence in the death of Cammarata whose charred remains were found on Thursday.

It just gets better and better. That bitch is just as guilty as he is

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaJ View Post
    It just gets better and better. That bitch is just as guilty as he is
    and even better.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...id=mailsignout

Staten Island teacher helped kindle relationship between abusive husband and his new girlfriend, now both charged with her murder

Desperate to get away from her husband’s abuse, Staten Island teacher Jeanine Cammarata set him up with the mother of one of her students.

Their relationship took off - and now the pair are together accused of murdering Cammarata, 37, and dumping her burned beyond recognition body in a storage facility.

The new girlfriend, Kangi-Ayisha Egea, 41, first came into the picture about two years ago, when Cammarata and postal worker husband Michael Cammarata, 42, hired her as their babysitter so Jeanine could hold several jobs as her marriage frayed.

“Jeanine actually set up Mike and Ayisha because she wanted Mike to be occupied and leave her alone,” said Jessica Pobega, a lifelong close friend of Jeanine’s. “She (Cammarata) actually introduced them in the hopes that Mike would stop stalking her.”

Once Egea moved into the couple’s home, “Jeanine wanted to leave,” Pobega said.

Cammarata’s colleague, Jose Perez, suggested she move into a vacant apartment on the ground floor of his Cassidy Place home, and she jumped at the offer.

“She told me that Ayisha was babysitting their kids and then she found out that they were having a relationship," Perez said.

“She was trying to get rid of Mike,” Perez added. “She thought if he kept busy with her (Egea), he wouldn’t be stalking her. But he continued stalking her.”

Didn’t the new gf think it was odd her bf was still stalking his ex? What a dumbass.

I still don’t get why he killed her, it’s not like she wouldn’t give him a divorce or wouldn’t leave him alone.

https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2019/05...-couple-court/

Michael Cammarata is reportedly taking full responsibility in the death of his estranged wife, 37-year-old Jeanine Cammarata.

The attorney for his girlfriend Ayisha Egea reportedly has recordings from Cammarata clearing her in the murder.
    https://www.silive.com/news/2019/05/...cammarata.html

he lawyer for Ayisha Egea, the pregnant woman who, along with her boyfriend Michael Cammarata, is accused of brutally murdering Cammarata’s estranged wife and dumping her body in a storage facility, said prosecutors’ claims “defy logic.”

During a bail application hearing on Monday, attorney Mark Fonte said his client’s case is different than any other homicide that’s been prosecuted on Staten Island.

“My client is approaching her eighth month of pregnancy and is barely five feet tall,” Fonte said, arguing her size and stage of pregnancy at the time of Jeanine Cammarata’s murder would have made it impossible for her to participate in the slaying.

“It defies logic that she had anything to do with the murder. The grand jury returned an indictment that didn’t contain murder. Something is amiss in this case. My client has stated that she didn’t have anything to do with the death,” Fonte said.

“What happened after is a totally different story,” he said, asking the prosecution for proof of her involvement, which he says has not yet been provided in the “missing grand jury minutes.”

Since, he argues, she could not have participated in the murder, Fonte asked that her bail application be based on the other charges she faces.

Fonte also brought up a phone call he claims the co-defendant made to his investigator in which he took complete blame for the murder.

After identifying himself as Michael Cammarata, the caller said “I just wanted to let you know that I’m trying to plead guilty to the charges, and that Ayisha Egea, the co-defendant, had nothing to do with it … and she should be cleared of all charges. Her charges should be dismissed.”

He ended the call by saying he was taking “full responsibility" for everything.

Assistant District Attorney Adam Silberlight agreed with Fonte’s statement that this is a distinctly different homicide case than others.

“I agree with this is unusual – this is one of the most gruesome acts ever being prosecuted on Staten Island,” Silberlight said.

He rebutted Fonte’s arguments, stating that Jeanine Cammarata is smaller than Egea and the defendant has previously convinced others to do things for her.
    Additionally, Silberlight said he had not yet heard the recording in which Cammarata allegedly admits guilt for the murder.

Justice Mario F. Mattei did not allow the recording, which Fonte has on his cell phone, to be played in the courtroom, but asked to hear it privately.
    The 15-count indictment accuses Michael Cammarata, 42, and Egea, 41, of second degree murder for intentionally causing the victim’s death with her body “or a part thereof” being found on Staten Island.
    They are also accused of two counts of stolen-property possession for allegedly taking the victim’s license and five counts of child endangerment. The child endangerment charges stem from evidence that the pair transported the victim’s remains, along with five children, to the Arden Heights storage facility.

Thread Information