Thread: Ruth Maguire (30) was found dead in a lough after she left a bachelorette party without her friends

Ruth Maguire (30) was found dead in a lough after she left a bachelorette party without her friends

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2019...ut_her_friends

A body has been recovered from water near to where a mother of three went missing during a hen party in Ireland.

Ruth Maguire, 30, was out with friends in Taaffe's Bar in Carlingford, County Louth to celebrate a forthcoming wedding, but when her friends left the bar they realised she was no longer with them.

Ms Maguire, who lived in Newcastle, County Down in Northern Ireland, had rented a property for the weekend with friends just five minutes' walk from Taaffe's.

Police today stood down the search for her after a body was found in the water between Carlingford and Greenore.

A gardai (Irish police) spokesman said: 'The body is believed to be that of missing woman Ruth Maguire.

https://www.belfastlive.co.uk/news/b...-home-16147872

Ruth Maguire who drowned in Carlingford Lough tried calling home in her last moments, it has been revealed in a tragic twist to the story.

Ruth had called her fiance James Griffin twice to ask for a lift home on Saturday March 16 - the night she died.

Her grief-stricken partner of 12 years found the two missed calls on his work mobile, which he had forgotten to take home with him, two weeks after her funeral in North Belfast .

Speaking to the Belfast Telegraph, Ruth's sister Rachel Wilkinson said: "The thing I couldn't work out initially, after Ruth went missing, was that she'd been on her phone but I didn't know what she was doing.

"Then when Jim went back to work two weeks after the funeral, he turned on his work phone and saw that Ruth had called him twice at 12:06am, so it all makes sense now.

"She had told friends earlier that night that she wanted to go home and I now know she was ringing Jim in the hope that he would pick her up but she'd obviously rang his work number instead of his personal phone by accident.

"Jim told me that he had to pull over in the car when he saw the missed calls, he was devastated, but in a way it's comforting for us to know that she was trying to get home to her family before she died."

Ruth who lived in Newcastle, was in Co Louth for a friend's hen party when she went missing after 11.30pm on the Saturday, sparking a large-scale manhunt.

Her body was recovered from the Lough between Carlingford and Greenore on March 18.

At 12.12am, 40 minutes after she was first thought to have gone missing, the mum of three posted a video on Instagram of a cottage across the road from the pier.

It is believed this is what sparked a search of the water.

Her family's pain has been intensified by the fact they haven't been able to see Ruth since her body was recovered.

Rachel added: "I'm not a big fan of wakes but I felt I needed to see Ruth before the funeral.

"But the funeral directors recommended that we didn't because she'd been in the water for 36 hours, which meant she was very discoloured and, of course, she'd had an autopsy.

"They also told us she had a gash above her eye, which is in-keeping with her stumbling, falling and hitting her head.

"Ruth was a great swimmer, we can only think she stumbled or tripped, then fell into the water and was knocked unconscious.

This is truly heartbreaking. I feel so badly for her fiance. One thing I am little confused about is why when she wanted to leave she instead of asking a friend there for a ride or calling her fiance from the bar, she wandered out into the night and eventually called his work phone.

RIP Ruth

We need to bring the term "hen party" to the US....Seriously, it's hilarious.

In all seriousness, her fiance must feel so much unnecessary guilt

Being an introvert, I tend to be the person that drunkenly wanders off from parties that I don't want to be at, and there's been a couple of times where I have no idea how I got home (back in my 20's of course, now I'll be sick for days if I drink that much). Unfortunately with alcohol, its a terrible risk that you take. God bless her for not drinking and driving.

We need to start looking out for our sisters when we go out, for sure.

Thread Information