Thread: Emeri Connery (26) and her cousin Bailey Smith (21) were found fatally shot following a traffic accident. Bailey shot Emeri in the head before taking his own life

Emeri Connery (26) and her cousin Bailey Smith (21) were found fatally shot following a traffic accident. Bailey shot Emeri in the head before taking his own life

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2019...g_his_own_life

A former Coolville woman died while in a pickup truck with her police officer cousin near the southwest Virginia town where he worked earlier this month, and authorities are alleging that she was shot and killed by that man in an apparent murder-suicide.

Emeri A. Connery, 26, was a 2011 graduate of Eastern High School in Reedsville, Meigs County, who built up a significant following on social media as a fitness model, and most recently lived in Columbus. Connery grew up in Coolville and lived there through high school, her triplet brother Kyle Connery said in a brief interview Friday.

"Emeri was my triplet sister," he wrote in a Facebook post memorializing Emeri and her cousin. "She was the most amazing, beautiful, badass, and inspiring woman I'll ever know. Klint and I love you and can't wait to see you again. You'll forever be a part of us."

Connery's cousin, Bailey S. Smith, 21, of Duffield, Virginia, allegedly shot and killed himself while in the pickup truck with Connery. Smith served as a police officer for Big Stone Gap, Virginia. That community is located near the Tennessee border roughly three miles from where law enforcement authorities found the car (on U.S. Rt. 23 in Lee County, Virginia).

The Virginia State Police are investigating the Sunday, March 10, incident leading to Connery's death as a "murder-suicide," according to a release issued by that agency last week, after police found a 2015 GMC pickup truck that had run off the left side of the highway into the median.

"Investigators have confirmed that the shootings occurred within the vehicle and, at this stage, are investigating the incident as a murder-suicide," the release reads. "A firearm was recovered from inside the vehicle. There is no evidence to indicate another vehicle or individual was involved in the shootings."

Tracie Cooper, district administrator with the Virginia Office of the Medical Examiner, confirmed Friday that her office believes Connery died of homicide with a gunshot wound to the head, and Smith died in "an act of suicide," also with a gunshot wound to the head.

Connery's brother, Kyle, said that he's holding out hope for Smith's innocence. "No one thinks Bailey is responsible for this, and it's still under investigation," he said.
    I am super curious about the 'why' in this case.

Me too! My mind is running wild with possibilities.

https://wcyb.com/news/local/commonwe...officer-cousin

Lee County Commonwealth's Attorney H. Fuller Cridlin has released his report on the deaths of a Big Stone Gap police officer and his first cousin back in March of this year.

According to the release, the Commonwealth's Attorney's office has concluded that the shooting that killed 21-year-old Bailey Smith and 26-year-old Emeri Connery was a murder-suicide. The office concluded that Bailey and Connery attended a wedding in Big Stone Gap on March 9th, 2019. After the wedding, the two reportedly went to Johnson City to meet with some of Smith's friends. While in Johnson City, the release states the two drank alcohol at two separate bars.

The two then drove to a McDonalds in Gray, where the report reads that Smith contacted a friend while in the drive-through. The friend said that Smith seemed drunk while they were talking. Bailey and Connery reportedly left Gray around 1:54 a.m on March 10th with Smith driving and Connery in the front passenger seat.

Shortly before 4:00 a.m., officials say Smith's vehicle crashed near mile marker 28.3 on Highway 23 North in Lee County. A trooper on scene says he found the two shot in the vehicle. The release states the damage on the outside of the vehicle was from the crash, not external gunshots. Officials have concluded that the gunshots came from inside of the vehicle.

The Commonwealth's Attorney's office says three shots were fired inside of the vehicle. One of the bullets struck and killed Connery, one didn't hit anything. The medical examiner says the last bullet was from Smith shooting himself in the head.

The report states that Smith had blood alcohol levels well above the legal limit and Connery's BAC was below the legal limit. An open container of alcohol was found in the vehicle after the crash. The gunshots were fired from Smith's weapon before the vehicle crashed.

The report concludes that officials do not know why the shooting happened. Officials do not believe the shooting was accidental, but state they will never know what led to the incident.

Smith was an officer at the Big Stone Gap Police Department at the time of his death.

My guess: she wanted to call the cops after the accident, he didn't want her to since he was drunk. He panicked and shot her to keep her from calling the cops, then killed himself because he now realized instead of a dui he was going to face murder charges.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

Thread Information