Thread: Gunman killed 51 people in Christchurch mosques

Gunman killed 51 people in Christchurch mosques

https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/14/asia/...ntl/index.html

Police in the New Zealand city of Christchurch said that there are "multiple fatalities" after active shooters opened fire in two mosques in the city center.
    Police Commissioner Mike Bush said that one person is in custody but police are unsure if there are any other suspects.
    "As far as we know (the shootings occurred) at two locations, a mosque at Deans Avenue, and another mosque at Linwood Avenue," Bush said. "We are unsure if there are any other locations outside of that area that are under threat."
    Bush said they were "dealing with a very serious and tragic series of events in the Christchurch Canterbury area" and warned people to stay off the streets. He asked "anyone who was thinking of going to a mosque anywhere in New Zealand today not to go. To close your doors until you hear from us again," he said.

New Zealand's Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern held a press conference into the shooting at two mosques in Christchurch, describing it as "one of New Zealand's darkest days."
    "What has happened here is an extraordinary and unprecedented act of violence," she said.
    Ardern said the attacker has "no place in New Zealand."
    "For now my thoughts and I'm sure the thoughts of all New Zealanders are with those who have been affected their families," she said.

The shooter live streamed it
    https://www.facebook.com/19146640921...id=18&__tn__=R
    Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups

The video is gone

Senior Member Alison Worthington's Avatar
    It's a horrific video, the second video, part 2, being the worst. It can be viewed on 8Chan's message board. I'm from New Zealand, the attack has been confirmed as being an extreme right-wing Act of Terrorism. I'm gutted right now, nobody expected such a sick, racist, violent act to happen here, my heart goes out to our Muslim Community.

http://mydeathspace.com/vb/showthrea...rted&p=3775947

We need to merge the threads together. Now 49 people are reported dead in the attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Alison Worthington View Post
    It's a horrific video, the second video, part 2, being the worst. It can be viewed on 8Chan's message board. I'm from New Zealand, the attack has been confirmed as being an extreme right-wing Act of Terrorism. I'm gutted right now, nobody expected such a sick, racist, violent act to happen here, my heart goes out to our Muslim Community.
    Can you link the video here? I went to their website and saw some shit I can’t unsee.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

https://abc7.com/police-49-dead-1-ch...tings/5194137/

CHRISTCHURCH, New Zealand -- At least 49 people were killed in mass shootings at two mosques full of worshippers attending Friday prayers in an attack broadcast in horrifying, live video by an immigrant-hating white nationalist wielding at least two assault rifles and a shotgun.

One man was arrested and charged with murder, and two other armed suspects were taken into custody while police tried to determine what role they played.

"It is clear that this can now only be described as a terrorist attack," Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern said, noting that many of the victims could be migrants or refugees.

he pronounced it "one of New Zealand's darkest days."

The cold-blooded attack shocked people across the nation of 5 million people, a country that has relatively loose gun laws but few gun homicides and is so peaceful police officers rarely carry firearms. It is also generally considered to be welcoming to migrants and refugees.

RELATED: New Zealand shooting: Alleged gunman a white nationalist, according to manifesto

The gunman behind at least one of the mosque shootings left a 74-page manifesto that he posted on social media under the name Brenton Tarrant, identifying himself as a 28-year-old Australian and white nationalist who was out to avenge attacks in Europe perpetrated by Muslims.

Using what may have been a helmet camera, he livestreamed to the world in graphic detail his assault on worshippers at Christchurch's Al Noor Mosque, where at least 41 people were killed. An attack on a second mosque in the city not long after killed several more.

Police did not identify those taken into custody and gave no details except to say that none of them had been on any watch list. They did not immediately say whether the same person was responsible for both shootings.

At least 48 people, some in critical condition, were being treated at Christchurch Hospital for gunshot wounds, authorities said.

While there was no reason to believe there were any more suspects, the prime minister said the national threat level was raised from low to high. Police warned Muslims against going to a mosque anywhere in New Zealand. And Air New Zealand canceled several flights in and out of Christchurch, saying it couldn't properly screen customers and baggage.

RELATED: New Zealand mosque shooting: Tech companies scramble to remove video filmed by gunman

Police said the investigation extended 360 kilometers (240 miles) to the south, where homes in Dunedin were evacuated around a "location of interest." They gave no details.

World leaders condemned the attacks and offered condolences. Pakistan's Prime Minister Imran Khan and other Islamic leaders pointed to the bloodshed and other such attacks as evidence of rising hostility toward Muslims.

"I blame these increasing terror attacks on the current Islamophobia post-9/11 where Islam & 1.3 bn Muslims have collectively been blamed for any act of terror by a Muslim," Khan tweeted.

I just saw the two videos and they are horrifying. I just can't imagine the level of terror they have endured and I'm such a place where they probably felt the safest before all this.

Fuck these terrorists.

EDITED BY MODERATOR AS PER REQUEST
    Last edited by bowieluva; 03-18-2019 at 05:49 PM.

EDITED BY MODERATOR AS PER REQUEST
    Last edited by bowieluva; 03-18-2019 at 05:49 PM.

Sorry for the double post. The video is so surreal, he filmed it as if he was a shooter in a video game. There's lots of mixed emotions going on about it in NZ: shock, sadness and rage all in one.

Admin, the links have been up long enough for viewing, out of respect for the victims and muslim people globally, could they please be removed now.

Bullshit, Fascist Propaganda.

ADMIN, PLEASE REMOVE THE VIDEO LINKS NOW!

I have removed the links to the video. Personally, I think it's truly gross to want to watch that. It's nothing but a bunch of innocent people being slaughtered. So I'm glad we were on the same page, Alison, thank you for alerting us.

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    I have removed the links to the video. Personally, I think it's truly gross to want to watch that. It's nothing but a bunch of innocent people being slaughtered. So I'm glad we were on the same page, Alison, thank you for alerting us.
    Thank you.

https://www.wjfw.com/storydetails/20...rorist_attacks

RHINELANDER - By landing in New Zealand last week, Rhinelander's Darlene Machtan and her husband checked off another continent in their world travels. They landed and were confronted by huge national news.

"It's all people are talking about," Machtan said in a FaceTime interview.

Last Friday in Christchurch, New Zealand, a white supremacist started shooting at two mosques in a terrorist attack, killing 50 people.

Most years, the entire country has fewer than ten homicides with guns.

"Numb. That's the word a lot of the New Zealanders are using to describe this experience," Machtan said. "I liken it to how Americans felt after 911. We couldn't believe this happened in the place we live, in the place we have felt so secure."

Almost immediately, New Zealand began talking about stronger gun control, a conversation Machtan has heard already.

"The Prime Minister is calling for people to turn in, voluntarily, weapons, at this point," she said.

Indeed, Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern made the suggestion, and many New Zealanders have turned in guns to police.

In a week, Machtan and her husband will arrive in Christchurch, expecting a major police presence, but not knowing what else they'll encounter and sense.

"I don't know what to expect at all when we get there in terms of what it's going to feel like," she said. "I don't know."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ace-virus.html

Good the manifesto deserves to be infected with a virus

igilante hackers have reportedly hijacked the accused Christchurch gunman's banned online manifesto and replaced it with a dangerous virus.

The virus, dubbed the 'Trojan Haka', forces a system reboot that ends with a black screen featuring a message in red writing: 'This is not us!'

The chilling manifesto was reportedly written by Australian-born Brenton Tarrant, 28, who is accused of gunning down 50 Muslims in a terrorist attack two weeks ago.

The manifesto has been officially classified as objectionable by the Office of Film & Literature Classification in New Zealand.

Anyone with copies of the 'crude booklet that promotes murder and terrorism' is being urged to destroy them or face prosecution.

Despite the ban and removal from various websites it was initially posted to, copies are still circulating in dark corners of the web.

But an online vigilante going by the username 'Māori' is circulating a 'weaponised' version of the document in a bid to stop people from viewing it, the NZ Herald reported.

The 'booby-trapped' version was discovered by cyber security company Blue Hexagon, who have since dubbed it 'Trojan Haka'.

'Our initial suspicion was that this was targeting the press, but with all the data that we have now, it looks like it was not one specific group, just anyone who was trying to get a copy of the manifesto,' Blue Hexagon researcher Irfan Asrar told PC Mag.

Since the terror attack, several people have been charged under for possessing or distributing the manifesto.

I swear I posted about this when it happened?? Must've been somewhere else

Anyway, some recent developments.

https://www.newsroom.co.nz/2019/08/1...er-from-prison

The alleged perpetrator of the Christchurch terror attacks at the Al Noor Mosque and the Linwood Islamic Centre has been corresponding with members of the 4chan website.
    AUGUST 15, 2019
    Updated August 15, 2019

Marc Daalder

TERROR IN CHCH

Terror accused writes to far-right supporter from prison

The man awaiting trial for the slaughter of 51 people in Christchurch has been writing to members of an alt-right discussion board from prison - and the Government may change the law as a result.

Christchurch terror accused Brenton Tarrant has been exchanging letters with at least one member of a far-right message board from prison, where he is awaiting trial for the murder of 51 people.

The Department of Corrections has confessed Tarrant's letter should not have been allowed to leave the prison, and has put an interim ban in place, while the Government has signalled it may crack down on the ability of prisoners like him to correspond with the outside world as a result.

Tarrant, the Australian man accused of murdering 51 Muslims and injuring 49 others in a shooting spree at two mosques in Christchurch, is currently in Auckland's Paremoremo Prison on remand.

A letter written by him and posted to the far-right message board 4chan has been confirmed as authentic by Corrections.

In the letter to a Russian member of 4chan, Tarrant discusses a trip that he took to the country in 2015.

He also elaborates on his ideological influences, citing British fascist Oswald Mosley as an analogue. Mosley led the British Union of Fascists and was imprisoned in 1940 when the political party was banned.

Tarrant?s letter concludes with a statement that could be read as recruitment. ?Do not forget your duty to your people,? he writes.

?We have never had to manage a prisoner like this before ? and I have asked questions around whether our laws are now fit for purpose."

Corrections Minister Kelvin Davis told Newsroom that New Zealand was still learning how to hold a prisoner like Tarrant.

?We have never had to manage a prisoner like this before ? and I have asked questions around whether our laws are now fit for purpose,? Davis said.

Under the current law, people in New Zealand prisons are able to send and receive letters to and from friends and family, with Corrections providing writing paper and envelopes and providing postage for up to three letters per week.

All letters are checked by Corrections, with limited exceptions such as legally privileged communication.

Prison managers can withhold mail to or from a prisoner if it is correspondence that is likely to ?endanger the safety or welfare of any person? or ?promote or encourage the commission of an offence, or involve, or facilitate the commission or possible commission of, an offence?, among other reasons. However, prisoners must be told if their mail is withheld.

Corrections chief executive Christine Stevenson said the letter should not have been able to leave the prison, and apologised for "the distress that this has caused to those impacted by the tragic events of 15 March".

Stevenson said Tarrant would not be able to send or receive any mail "with immediate effect" until the department had assurances that the processes for screening and assessing his letters upheld public safety both in New Zealand and abroad.

During the prisoner's five months in custody, Corrections staff had safely and securely managed him "with full regard to the need to uphold the law and manage the unprecedented risk that he presents to the safety of the community, our staff, other prisoners and himself".

"It is a fine balance to uphold our lawful obligations and mitigate all potential risks posed by the prisoner. However, we are absolutely committed to ensuring that he has no opportunity to cause harm or distress, either directly or indirectly," Stevenson said.

Law change considered, advice from abroad

Davis said the Government was already considering changes to the law to adjust to the unique challenges posed by his incarceration.

?I am considering options on how to strengthen parts of the Corrections Act in regards to correspondence, but decisions are yet to be made,? Davis said.

?I know a lot of New Zealanders will be surprised to hear that this offender is allowed to send and receive mail ? but there are rights every prisoner has under the law as it stands."

Corrections has received advice from two officials from Norway?s Correctional Services who have dealt with convicted white supremacist terrorist Anders Breivik.

As recently as May 31, Corrections told Radio New Zealand that Tarrant ?has no access to television, radio or newspapers and no approved visitors?.

In his statement, Davis said that Corrections had withheld some correspondence sent by and to Tarrant.

However, he did not believe that it should have allowed the letter in question to be sent and had sought assurances that they would improve their processes from now on.

"I have made myself clear that this cannot happen again."

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/new-z...4chan.amp.html

Christchurch terror attack accused's mother blasts 4chan
    16/08/2019
    Katie Fitzgerald

The mother of the man accused of carrying out the Christchurch terror attack has lashed out at 4chan.

Sharon Tarrant said the website had jeopardised her only chance to correspond with her son, who is currently in solitary confinement at Auckland Prison.

"Other people with their own agendas are making it difficult for us to maintain contact with him. Like 4chan - it's about their ego. How dare they? They have taken away the right from me to hear from my son," she told NZME.

Newshub revealed on Wednesday a letter from Brenton Tarrant, who is accused of carrying out a shooting that killed 51 members of the Christchurch Muslim community on March 15, was posted on the controversial internet message board.

Much of his letter appears to be innocuous. However, it ends with what is effectively a call to action for like-minded people, which Newshub has decided not to share.

Sharon Tarrant said she's thankful for corrections, who have been good to her family while her son is imprisoned.

"It breaks my heart to see the prison system being hammered when they have never had to deal with anything like this before," she told NZME.

"I want to thank the police who have kept him alive... Now they are being criticised it's really unfair."

Brenton Tarrant is facing 51 charges of murder, a further 40 of attempted murder and one charge of terrorism.

He's pleaded not guilty and will face trial in 2020.

His mother should shut the fuck up & think before she speaks since her darling son stopped 51 people from ever speaking to their loved ones. It also wasn't 4chan who authored the call to arms they posted - it was her nazi cunt son ffs

Update the New Zealand Mass Killer faces life in Prison.

Thread Information